Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 319912 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#324869 May 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a man and woman sperm and egg to make a baby you stupid twit. Without both you will not conceive
Okay, dear. Whenever a man gets pregnant he has the same right to abort that pregnancy as a woman. No problem.

Location hidden

#324871 May 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Let's consider the case of statutory rape, I support parental notification except in cases of incest. The exception proves the rule; abortion always ends in the murder of an innocent human life.
In the case of the very young unborn, abortion is always wrong.
No, abortion isn't wrong. See, now we've both stated our opinions. Yay.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324872 May 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We don't take organs from other living humans without consent, even when that's needed medical treatment.
But you are comfortable with the organs of a woman/girl being used against her will to gestate an unwanted pregnancy?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Calling abortion a medical treatment is odd, because all other medical treatments save life but abortion always ends an innocent, young human life.
Is abortion in the frequent case of an ectopic pregnancy (the innocent young human life) not a medical treatment? How about to save the life of the mother? Abortion is a medical treatment to end an unwanted pregnancy which can lead to many unwanted medical symptoms in a woman/girl no matter how you try to deny it.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Think about the moral issues, I beg you.
Think about women/girls for once in your male perspective morality self absorbed world.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324873 May 11, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, abortion isn't wrong. See, now we've both stated our opinions. Yay.
Is it wrong at any gestational age?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324874 May 11, 2014
notaplaya wrote:
<quoted text>Drag racing your car is illegal - BUT, if one does drag race one's car, and gets into a wreck, do we then prohibit the person from seeking needed medical treatment because their actions caused them an injury?
No. We don't. Even though their actions were illegal.
Sex is NOT illegal. If we have sex, and become pregnant, we are not prohibited from seeking medical treatment for that condition - and if the treatment we want is a termination of the pregnancy, then that is the treatment we will have.
This is not rocket science.
The medical treatment involved in patching a speeder back together doesn't involve killing another human being. It isn't rocket science but it is science to know that a child is growing and develpoing in the womb whether it's wanted by the mother or not.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324878 May 11, 2014
What about the children raped and/or murdered by their parents?
Brian_G wrote:
How about the victims of botched abortions? Does the name Kermit Gosnell ring a bell?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell

Indianapolis

#324879 May 11, 2014
Right, we don't make people donate organs-not even to save their own child. No different than not forcing women from sustaining a fetus if they choose not to.

Chemo works by killing living tissue.

We have thought about the moral issues, and react according to our OWN moral codes, not yours.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We don't take organs from other living humans without consent, even when that's needed medical treatment.
<quoted text>Calling abortion a medical treatment is odd, because all other medical treatments save life but abortion always ends an innocent, young human life.

Indianapolis

#324880 May 11, 2014
If you want to consider a fetus to be a full human being, then it is restricted by the same laws as the rest of us, and none of us can legally force another human being to sustain our life against their will. So, abortion is absolutely moral, right?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The medical treatment involved in patching a speeder back together doesn't involve killing another human being. It isn't rocket science but it is science to know that a child is growing and develpoing in the womb whether it's wanted by the mother or not.

Indianapolis

#324881 May 11, 2014
Evidently the nature of "medical treatment" escapes you. But then, why should it be the exception?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Abortion is Medical treatment?
Sorry but nobody from the Pro Life side is about to say that abortion for medical reasons such as the Mother's health should be prohibited.
But I think we both know you want abortion for any reason whatsoever, which means you are Anti-Life Pro Abortion sicko

Indianapolis

#324882 May 11, 2014
And to you too, lady!
RoSesz wrote:
Happy and Blessed Mothers Day to all the,Moms,here...
Anita Mandelay

AOL

#324883 May 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude - there's always an 'if'. Like: "If you don't care that she has an abortion, fluck on, flucker. Just don't get all butt-hurt IF she does."
That's a tad different advice than saying keep it in your pants if the woman says she's not ready to carry a pregnancy. You change advice at the drop of a hat.
Sounds like you need a rechargeable power tool. I recommend Harbor Freight....great prices on Made in USA products.
Might be alright for you frigid geezer but I want the real thing. I want the ol' sauseeg. And I want it long, hard and often.
My advice was to you.
It was to men. And it sucked. Your latest advice I can live with however. Fluck away boys !
<quoted text>There's always a choice. Make better ones.
<quoted text>I'm 49. That ship has sailed.....the oldest woman to have a child was in her 60's at the time.
Hey it's the internet, you can be 39 if you want granny. Even 29. Go for it.

Location hidden

#324884 May 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Happy and Blessed Mothers Day to all the,Moms,here...
Thanks, Rosesz! Hope you had a lovely day, yourself.

Location hidden

#324885 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Abortion is Medical treatment?
Sorry but nobody from the Pro Life side is about to say that abortion for medical reasons such as the Mother's health should be prohibited.
But I think we both know you want abortion for any reason whatsoever, which means you are Anti-Life Pro Abortion sicko
Yes, abortion, being a medical procedure, is medical treatment. That includes the abortions of which you don't personally approve.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324886 May 12, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
What about the children raped and/or murdered by their parents?
Kind of like abortion for convenience, here a parent murders her own very young child?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324887 May 12, 2014
Anita Mandelay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a tad different advice than saying keep it in your pants if the woman says she's not ready to carry a pregnancy. You change advice at the drop of a hat.
<quoted text>
Might be alright for you frigid geezer but I want the real thing. I want the ol' sauseeg. And I want it long, hard and often.
<quoted text>
It was to men. And it sucked. Your latest advice I can live with however. Fluck away boys !
<quoted text>
Hey it's the internet, you can be 39 if you want granny. Even 29. Go for it.
Apparently, you can pretend to be a woman, too.

Have fun with that.

Next...
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#324888 May 12, 2014
How about Christian mind there own business.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324889 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have laws and rules to follow, we are all "dictated" to at different levels. For example Do you get to drag race your car at 76 mph through downtown?
I believe in the Right to Life, you believe in the Right to Kill, you are a Pro Abortion Anti Life hater.
No. That's your opinion of me; not who I am.

You're an enigma and I don't care what's your opinion of me.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324890 May 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Apples and oranges. The unborn cannot consent to anything. In fact, not even a 1 month old child can consent to anything.
Brian_G wrote:
An abortion isn't performed by an auto mechanic, or a Dentist. So, it can't be called a repair, or a dental procedure. It's performed by a physician, thus, it's called a medical procedure. All medical procedures are done with the intent of saving the patient's life; that's true. But, even saving the patient's life sometimes means cutting something off the patient would want to keep (such as a leg or an arm), and the patient MUST, if it possesses the mental ability, consent to the procedure. Again, the unborn CANNOT consent to anything.
Brian_G wrote:
Our founding fathers thought of morality. It's the reason they wrote the constitution. And the constitution protects a woman's right to abort. As such, it is moral insofar as it protects the woman's autonomy and right to be free.

That's also VERY moral. Without our right to be free, you wouldn't be able to speak against the unborn.

I ask (I don't beg; begging makes you sound desperate) you to consider that with the same emphasis you consider the other.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#324891 May 12, 2014
Another "medical procedure" performed by doctors is breast augmenation. That is an elective surgery, not a life saving procedure. Abortion always causes at least one death, unless the baby is accidently born or as with Dr. Gosnell some of the mothers died also and he killed babies after they had been delivered.
Andrew Cuomo has pushed for non-doctors to perform abortions, tried to cram it in a "Women's Equality bill".

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324892 May 12, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Another "medical procedure" performed by doctors is breast augmenation. That is an elective surgery, not a life saving procedure. Abortion always causes at least one death, unless the baby is accidently born or as with Dr. Gosnell some of the mothers died also and he killed babies after they had been delivered.
Andrew Cuomo has pushed for non-doctors to perform abortions, tried to cram it in a "Women's Equality bill".
If you consider yourself 'pro-life', why are you so focused on the death of the UN born, when you could be focusing on the LIVES of the born?

See, that part always confuses me - you are all worried about ending potential, but you couldn't seem to give a tinker's damn about the actual children, who are already here, and for whom LIFE really sucks. You know - the abandoned, abused, degraded, exploited, ignored, malnourished, molested, and unloved ones. When are you going to worry about them?

The SCPL are far more interested in seeing that women have fewer options, than they are in 'saving the lives of children'. The SCPL want women to gestate for its conveience - children are extraneous to the agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 1,640,834
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 34,796
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 hr Self Control 11,799
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web