Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324811 May 8, 2014
Abortion should be as rare as the individual pregnant woman wants it to be--she is the only one to make that decision.
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for caring. Did your parents hug you too much or too little as a child?:)
You said, "Who cares what happens to the carcass"
As you said, abuse of a corpse is illegal in most places, so I guess some people do care. Some people choose to bury their miscarried baby.
Don't you think abortion should at least be more rare? Is sex selective abortion ok? China faces a huge gender imbalance due to sex selective abortions.
Abortion because the baby is supected defective? Down syndrome? Red hair? Mixed race? Inconvenient? Might ruin your chances on a reality tv show? http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/21/uk-woman-sa... How callous and sick are we?

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324812 May 9, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pro-life; that's why I condemn abortion for convenience. Murdering very young human beings isn't liberal.
I am pro women and pro freedom that is why I am pro choice.

A woman/girl able to obtain an abortion for her own reasons, even the ones in which you approve will always be a convenience. Back alley or coat hanger abortions would be inconvenient...don't you think?

Forcing women/girls to carry unwanted pregnancies against their best interests would not be liberal, nor progressive.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Nonsense; the issue isn't emotion, the issue is morality. This isn't about feelings, this is about the murder of very young people. I don't hate my opponents, I seek to inform and assist.
Seriously? Emotion is all the anti choice people have. Concern about the "unborn" from the moment of conception is not emotional, while not concerning yourself with the statistics on miscarriage?

"""Miscarriage is the most common type of pregnancy loss, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Studies reveal that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies may account for 50-75% of all miscarriages""

""The reason for miscarriage is varied, and most often the cause cannot be identified. During the first trimester, the most common cause of miscarriage is chromosomal abnormality – meaning that something is not correct with the baby’s chromosomes. Most chromosomal abnormalities are the cause of a damaged egg or sperm cell, or are due to a problem at the time that the zygote went through the division process. Other causes for miscarriage include (but are not limited to):

Hormonal problems, infections or maternal health problems
Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, drug use, malnutrition, excessive caffeine and exposure to radiation or toxic substances)
Implantation of the egg into the uterine lining does not occur properly
Maternal age
Maternal trauma"""

How about fear Brian? Fear is an emotion and that is exactly what religion is based on, there goes most if not all of the anti choice movement.

The issue pertains to law and rights. Women have both. The anti choicers would deny women/girls both and reduce them to incubator status.

I don't hate my opponents either, like you I seek to inform and assist them in correcting their ways. Especially if they are a member of a male hierarchy religion, it is my sworn duty to inform them that WOMEN will not be reduced to submissive subservient incubators as in the past under their direction.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324813 May 9, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>So where's YOUR response ? When faced with your quote and proof that you did say it, you remain mute and let an old lady fight your battle.
What a cowardly cad you are.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Nice try pinhead. Not going to work.

Go crawl back to mommy's basement.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324814 May 9, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was really the messiah and the son of G-d, every aspect of his life would have been important, including his early life, and not a minute of it would have been left unaccounted for.
But, whatever lets you sleep at night Inky. Jesus is meaningless to me.
He was only important to a handful of disciples and they didn't even know him until he was preaching. I sleep fine, thanks and if he is meaningless to you then let's talk about something you are interested in.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324816 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He was only important to a handful of disciples and they didn't even know him until he was preaching. I sleep fine, thanks and if he is meaningless to you then let's talk about something you are interested in.
I'm sure you do sleep fine....since your head is full of Ramen noodles, and generates no particular thoughts to keep you from it........

Have fun with that.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324817 May 9, 2014
I'm continually amazed that 'Ink' and 'Brian G' have the ability to use a keyboard, with their extremely limited brainpower, which, if combined, would be hard pressed to fill a child's thimble.

Sheesh........
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324818 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you do sleep fine....since your head is full of Ramen noodles, and generates no particular thoughts to keep you from it........
Have fun with that.
A guilty conscience wil keep you from sleeping well.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324819 May 9, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
I am pro women and pro freedom that is why I am pro choice.
Abortion means the death of a very young human being.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
A woman/girl able to obtain an abortion for her own reasons, even the ones in which you approve will always be a convenience.
Some reasons for murdering your baby are worse than others. Not all reasons are the same, not all are moral.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Back alley or coat hanger abortions would be inconvenient...don't you think?
I don't advocate changing the law, I advocate morality. "Back alley or coat hanger abortions would be" just as moral as those done in a clinic by abortionists wearing white coats.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Forcing women/girls to carry unwanted pregnancies against their best interests would not be liberal, nor progressive.
Interesting choice, all the force comes from the woman's own decisions, except in the cases of rape, incest or threat to the mother's life.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Seriously? Emotion is all the anti choice people have. Concern about the "unborn" from the moment of conception is not emotional, while not concerning yourself with the statistics on miscarriage?
"""Miscarriage is the most common type of pregnancy loss, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Studies reveal that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies may account for 50-75% of all miscarriages""
""The reason for miscarriage is varied, and most often the cause cannot be identified. During the first trimester, the most common cause of miscarriage is chromosomal abnormality – meaning that something is not correct with the baby’s chromosomes. Most chromosomal abnormalities are the cause of a damaged egg or sperm cell, or are due to a problem at the time that the zygote went through the division process. Other causes for miscarriage include (but are not limited to):
Hormonal problems, infections or maternal health problems
Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, drug use, malnutrition, excessive caffeine and exposure to radiation or toxic substances)
Implantation of the egg into the uterine lining does not occur properly
Maternal age
Maternal trauma"""
How about fear Brian? Fear is an emotion and that is exactly what religion is based on, there goes most if not all of the anti choice movement.
The issue pertains to law and rights. Women have both. The anti choicers would deny women/girls both and reduce them to incubator status.
I don't hate my opponents either, like you I seek to inform and assist them in correcting their ways. Especially if they are a member of a male hierarchy religion, it is my sworn duty to inform them that WOMEN will not be reduced to submissive subservient incubators as in the past under their direction.
Abortion is intentional, miscarriages aren't. I thought women were empowered to take responsibility, but M.9.R. writes they are "submissive subservient incubators", without moral choice.

Adoption means sharing life, it satisfies the mother's unwanted pregnancy, the child's need for parents and the needs of the adopting parents. Abortion satisfies only death.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324821 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
No, you advocate gestation for your own convenience, even though you will never gestate. Ever.. But we all know what a drooling hypocrite you are, Brian, so this comes as no surprise. Next...
I advocate life, if that means not murdering your unborn baby, so be it. Plenty of women are pro-life; morality isn't defined by gender.

I'd never call another posters a "drooling hypocrite", least of all N.A.P. because I haven't seen any evidence of his belief in objective standards. I know I can't be hypocritical on this issue because I've never had or performed an abortion; I practice what I preach. Cherish life, the murder of a very young human being isn't my definition of freedom.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#324822 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you advocate gestation for your own convenience, even though you will never gestate.
Ever..
But we all know what a drooling hypocrite you are, Brian, so this comes as no surprise.
Next...
You are a liberal fck. Brian always takes the high road, but I don't. "Hate" is a strong word, so I I will say "loathe" instead. I loathe your flawed thought process. It is thinking like yours that allows things like holocausts and genocide, eugenics and abortion on demand. Abortion, the very word is negative. You work is an abortion,(that is not a compliment). Have you ever witnessed an abortion or a birth? The way you treat miscarriage is awful, it is a devastating experience for a mother.
Carrying a baby is hard work, a miracle that only women can perform. Sometimes it is difficult and even a sacrifice to do the right thing, it does not make it any less right, such as preserving the life of a baby in the womb. Perhaps in other ethical quandries, you would choose the easy way out instead of what is right. You witness a murder, but it is not anyone you know, you don't want to get involved, it might get messy or inconvenient, so you pretend you saw nothing. Same thing.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#324823 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not 'suggesting' anything, moron - I'm baldly stating facts: some women will seek abortion regardless of its legality.
Unless you are in favor of these women being relegated to illegal abortion, why else would you seek to criminalize it?
You've been suggesting that a corpse has more right to bodily autonomy than a pregnant woman.
You've been suggesting that a woman consents to pregnancy when she consents to sex.
You've been suggesting that women's reproduction should be more subject to the opinions of others, than to our own opinions.
I suggest you get your very own womb implant, that you can control to your little heart's content.
Next....
So you're saying that just because some women in the past may have made a choice to literally put their very lives in the hands of an unqualified hack of a butcher, that women are thus forever condemned and predetermined to make such misguided, life jeopardizing choices in perpetuity ? I happen to have a higher opinion of women.
Why do you think so little of women ?

Location hidden

#324824 May 9, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
OH...but I do get to decide and I have made my decision ya frickin little coward.
And I'm sure the decision was not to put your very life in the hands of an unlicensed, criminal butcher, now was it ? Good for you !
Your pretend love of the unborn
Pretend ? You don't know that. How dare you.
is the mask you wear to control women.
The only opinion of women that you have is "incubator".
I don't want to control woman. I don't even want to interfere in their business. I want the government to do what they're supposed to do...protect innocent life. That's their function. And not just the innocent life YOU deem worthy of protection.

Location hidden

#324825 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Autonomy is not radical. Usurping the autonomy of others, is.
Agreed. "AUTO"nomy. Words have meaning. Learn em.

Location hidden

#324826 May 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's like saying it didn't matter if Hitler killed the jews, just that his MOTIVATION was to make a "pure" Germany.
I didn't say it didn't matter. I just clarified what my motivation was and is. I'm glad we agree.
Your problem is that you have no right or legal standing to "protect" fetuses.
I don't but the government does. And they already do protect post-viability fetuses.
No one has complete autonomy, witless.
No they don't dumbbell. So stop citing personal autonomy rights as something that cannot be restricted.
The motivation was to allow states a modicum of involvement following viability,
That's not motivation, dumbbell. That's an action. What motivated them to take such action ?
and to protect women since a late-term abortion is just as risky as childbirth.
The state is only allowed to REGULATE not proscribe abortion after the first trimester in the interest of the woman's health, dumbbell. That is, they can dictate the "requirements as to the qualifications of the person who is to perform the abortion; as to the licensure of that person; as to the facility in which the procedure is to be performed, that is, whether it must be a hospital or may be a clinic or some other place of less-than-hospital status; as to the licensing of the facility; and the like."
On the other hand, dumbbell, the right to PROSCRIBE abortion post-viability stems from the state's interest in protecting fetal life.
"If the State is interested in PROTECTING FETAL LIFE after viability, it may go so far as to proscribe abortion during that period, except when it is necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother"

It's right there in RvW. Look it up.

So it seems that the government is already controlling their choices, and thus as you said, controlling them.

Location hidden

#324827 May 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Too bad your mother didn't miscarry you. See, we can play this game ALL day.
You realize that virtually no aborted fetuses are buried or interred, right? As for your weird paraphilia tangent, it's irrelevant. Abusing a corpse is illegal.
<quoted text>
It wasn't a tangent, dumbbell. And it wasn't irrelevant.
It was YOU that said "Dead tissue is dead tissue; who cares what's done with it?" And he rightly called you on it. Apparently there are a hell of a lot of people who DO care and are not unfeeling, uncaring, disrespectful little pricks like you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324828 May 9, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a tangent, dumbbell. And it wasn't irrelevant.
It was YOU that said "Dead tissue is dead tissue; who cares what's done with it?" And he rightly called you on it. Apparently there are a hell of a lot of people who DO care and are not unfeeling, uncaring, disrespectful little pricks like you.
I wonder what kind of life's experiences leaves a person so callous and unmoved by the intentional killing of an unborn baby. He sure doesn't see the beauty and innocence of a child.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324829 May 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>"It" has a heartbeat. He or She is alive, this is a medical fact. He or She will need constant care from his or her mother and father until the age of about 6 years.
It's also a medical fact that at the time the greatest amount of abortions take place, it will not live outside the mother. Whether it's alive it's irrelevant. Mommy gets to decide whether it stays in her womb.
SevenTee wrote:
Question are you going to turn a 6 year old out on the streets to fend for "itself"?
That's truly a stupid question. The only way any adult could do such a thing would be if it was a child of him/her.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324830 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A guilty conscience wil keep you from sleeping well.
I wouldn't know.

You seem familiar with this symptom.....What are you feeling guilty about?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324831 May 9, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that just because some women in the past may have made a choice to literally put their very lives in the hands of an unqualified hack of a butcher, that women are thus forever condemned and predetermined to make such misguided, life jeopardizing choices in perpetuity ? I happen to have a higher opinion of women.
Why do you think so little of women ?
Your deliberate obtuseness aside, even when abortion WAS illegal, there were many women who sought it - for the same reasons we seek it when it IS legal.

Unless those reasons disappear, neither will abortion, regardless of its legality - you can dismiss this fact all you care to - but it remains a fact.

I'm not the one who wants to relegate desperate women to desperate measures - why do YOU hate women so much?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324832 May 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't know.
You seem familiar with this symptom.....What are you feeling guilty about?
You seemed to place the ability to sleep well on an empty head. Guess you would be in that boat too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,276,637
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Knowledge- 247,451
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 6,888
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Deeper than Truth 201,863
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 29,938
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web