Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311898 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#324822 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you advocate gestation for your own convenience, even though you will never gestate.
Ever..
But we all know what a drooling hypocrite you are, Brian, so this comes as no surprise.
Next...
You are a liberal fck. Brian always takes the high road, but I don't. "Hate" is a strong word, so I I will say "loathe" instead. I loathe your flawed thought process. It is thinking like yours that allows things like holocausts and genocide, eugenics and abortion on demand. Abortion, the very word is negative. You work is an abortion,(that is not a compliment). Have you ever witnessed an abortion or a birth? The way you treat miscarriage is awful, it is a devastating experience for a mother.
Carrying a baby is hard work, a miracle that only women can perform. Sometimes it is difficult and even a sacrifice to do the right thing, it does not make it any less right, such as preserving the life of a baby in the womb. Perhaps in other ethical quandries, you would choose the easy way out instead of what is right. You witness a murder, but it is not anyone you know, you don't want to get involved, it might get messy or inconvenient, so you pretend you saw nothing. Same thing.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#324823 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not 'suggesting' anything, moron - I'm baldly stating facts: some women will seek abortion regardless of its legality.
Unless you are in favor of these women being relegated to illegal abortion, why else would you seek to criminalize it?
You've been suggesting that a corpse has more right to bodily autonomy than a pregnant woman.
You've been suggesting that a woman consents to pregnancy when she consents to sex.
You've been suggesting that women's reproduction should be more subject to the opinions of others, than to our own opinions.
I suggest you get your very own womb implant, that you can control to your little heart's content.
Next....
So you're saying that just because some women in the past may have made a choice to literally put their very lives in the hands of an unqualified hack of a butcher, that women are thus forever condemned and predetermined to make such misguided, life jeopardizing choices in perpetuity ? I happen to have a higher opinion of women.
Why do you think so little of women ?

Location hidden

#324824 May 9, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
OH...but I do get to decide and I have made my decision ya frickin little coward.
And I'm sure the decision was not to put your very life in the hands of an unlicensed, criminal butcher, now was it ? Good for you !
Your pretend love of the unborn
Pretend ? You don't know that. How dare you.
is the mask you wear to control women.
The only opinion of women that you have is "incubator".
I don't want to control woman. I don't even want to interfere in their business. I want the government to do what they're supposed to do...protect innocent life. That's their function. And not just the innocent life YOU deem worthy of protection.

Location hidden

#324825 May 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Autonomy is not radical. Usurping the autonomy of others, is.
Agreed. "AUTO"nomy. Words have meaning. Learn em.

Location hidden

#324826 May 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's like saying it didn't matter if Hitler killed the jews, just that his MOTIVATION was to make a "pure" Germany.
I didn't say it didn't matter. I just clarified what my motivation was and is. I'm glad we agree.
Your problem is that you have no right or legal standing to "protect" fetuses.
I don't but the government does. And they already do protect post-viability fetuses.
No one has complete autonomy, witless.
No they don't dumbbell. So stop citing personal autonomy rights as something that cannot be restricted.
The motivation was to allow states a modicum of involvement following viability,
That's not motivation, dumbbell. That's an action. What motivated them to take such action ?
and to protect women since a late-term abortion is just as risky as childbirth.
The state is only allowed to REGULATE not proscribe abortion after the first trimester in the interest of the woman's health, dumbbell. That is, they can dictate the "requirements as to the qualifications of the person who is to perform the abortion; as to the licensure of that person; as to the facility in which the procedure is to be performed, that is, whether it must be a hospital or may be a clinic or some other place of less-than-hospital status; as to the licensing of the facility; and the like."
On the other hand, dumbbell, the right to PROSCRIBE abortion post-viability stems from the state's interest in protecting fetal life.
"If the State is interested in PROTECTING FETAL LIFE after viability, it may go so far as to proscribe abortion during that period, except when it is necessary to preserve the life or health of the mother"

It's right there in RvW. Look it up.

So it seems that the government is already controlling their choices, and thus as you said, controlling them.

Location hidden

#324827 May 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Too bad your mother didn't miscarry you. See, we can play this game ALL day.
You realize that virtually no aborted fetuses are buried or interred, right? As for your weird paraphilia tangent, it's irrelevant. Abusing a corpse is illegal.
<quoted text>
It wasn't a tangent, dumbbell. And it wasn't irrelevant.
It was YOU that said "Dead tissue is dead tissue; who cares what's done with it?" And he rightly called you on it. Apparently there are a hell of a lot of people who DO care and are not unfeeling, uncaring, disrespectful little pricks like you.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324828 May 9, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a tangent, dumbbell. And it wasn't irrelevant.
It was YOU that said "Dead tissue is dead tissue; who cares what's done with it?" And he rightly called you on it. Apparently there are a hell of a lot of people who DO care and are not unfeeling, uncaring, disrespectful little pricks like you.
I wonder what kind of life's experiences leaves a person so callous and unmoved by the intentional killing of an unborn baby. He sure doesn't see the beauty and innocence of a child.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324829 May 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>"It" has a heartbeat. He or She is alive, this is a medical fact. He or She will need constant care from his or her mother and father until the age of about 6 years.
It's also a medical fact that at the time the greatest amount of abortions take place, it will not live outside the mother. Whether it's alive it's irrelevant. Mommy gets to decide whether it stays in her womb.
SevenTee wrote:
Question are you going to turn a 6 year old out on the streets to fend for "itself"?
That's truly a stupid question. The only way any adult could do such a thing would be if it was a child of him/her.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324830 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A guilty conscience wil keep you from sleeping well.
I wouldn't know.

You seem familiar with this symptom.....What are you feeling guilty about?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324831 May 9, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that just because some women in the past may have made a choice to literally put their very lives in the hands of an unqualified hack of a butcher, that women are thus forever condemned and predetermined to make such misguided, life jeopardizing choices in perpetuity ? I happen to have a higher opinion of women.
Why do you think so little of women ?
Your deliberate obtuseness aside, even when abortion WAS illegal, there were many women who sought it - for the same reasons we seek it when it IS legal.

Unless those reasons disappear, neither will abortion, regardless of its legality - you can dismiss this fact all you care to - but it remains a fact.

I'm not the one who wants to relegate desperate women to desperate measures - why do YOU hate women so much?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324832 May 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't know.
You seem familiar with this symptom.....What are you feeling guilty about?
You seemed to place the ability to sleep well on an empty head. Guess you would be in that boat too.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#324833 May 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>

Unless those reasons disappear, neither will abortion, regardless of its legality - you can dismiss this fact all you care to - but it remains a fact.
I'm not the one who wants to relegate desperate women to desperate measures - why do YOU hate women so much?
Those reasons will never disappear as long as women make themselves victims and refuse to control the circumstances that gets them into the mess of an unwanted pregnancy .

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324834 May 10, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion means the death of a very young human being.
Abortion ends a pregnancy. Even in the circumstances in which you APPROVE.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't advocate changing the law, I advocate morality. "Back alley or coat hanger abortions would be" just as moral as those done in a clinic by abortionists wearing white coats.
If you don't want the law changed we have no argument. You can run rampart professing "your" anti woman morality all you like given free speech.

Having an abortion under the circumstances in which you approve as you pretend to give equal rights to the fetus would make those abortions equally immoral. You can't have it both ways Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting choice, all the force comes from the woman's own decisions, except in the cases of rape, incest or threat to the mother's life.
And once again you prove that you are more concerned with how conception took place AND if the woman/girl willingly had sex you might grant her her life. Both of these negate your equal rights status for the fetus and prove that you are more interested in control, not the fetus.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is intentional, miscarriages aren't. I thought women were empowered to take responsibility, but M.9.R. writes they are "submissive subservient incubators", without moral choice.
If your concern is for the fetus the elimination of said fetus by any means should concern you, but it doesn't...right Brian?

Women are empowered to take responsibility, and with that responsibility comes choices. Your problem is you wish to trap women with no choice other than to mandatorily produce an unwanted pregnancy as a brood mare. Why do you hate women Brian?

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324835 May 10, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure the decision was not to put your very life in the hands of an unlicensed, criminal butcher, now was it ? Good for you !
I could afford to leave the country or send my daughter. Happy? Others not so fortunate will visit the back alley butchers in hopes of obtaining the same outcome as I.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretend ? You don't know that. How dare you.
I dare and will continue to.....and I DO KNOW.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to control woman. I don't even want to interfere in their business. I want the government to do what they're supposed to do...protect innocent life. That's their function. And not just the innocent life YOU deem worthy of protection.
You want the government to control women because YOU want women controlled (my god you are a fricking little coward). I bet you object to government interference in your pathetic life....right David? Of course you do....but David is special...women not so much...right pumpkin?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#324836 May 10, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those reasons will never disappear as long as women make themselves victims and refuse to control the circumstances that gets them into the mess of an unwanted pregnancy .
Good morning "Ink."
A pleasure as always to "see" you!
We, as a society, are starting to recognize that sex, and sexuality, are not merely as cut-and-dry, black-and-white aspects of life as we once thought/wished them to be.
Unfortunately there is still the perception that all men are, not-so-secretly, "sexual predators," while women are the "sexual prey." This is, of course, an over simplification of that experience we've all had which is the "Human Condition."
We can't escape our basest "animal urges," and there are quite a number of folks who argue we ought to simply embrace it.
However, reality is always more complicated than scientific projections, or pseudo-scientific psychological techno-babble.
Both men and women desire sex. Yes, we desire it in different contexts at times, and at times we desire it in differing "methods." But it seems that the "need" is there, and as much as many of us would like to think that we're "above" such "animal urges," we aren't.
Placing the total onus on the woman with regards to the subject of abortion is, in my opinion, not merely misguided, but wrong.. Both sexes are responsible for any "unintended" pregnancy, and both sexes ought to bear the burden.
You say that, "as long as women make themselves victims..." it isn't really as though women have much of a conscious choice in the matter. Society has already "dictated" what women are to be, and women unwittingly, seem to have bought into that narrative; women must look like one of the Victoria's Secret "Angels," or they aren't attractive. Yes television, magazine and billboard advertizements featuring improbably "beautiful" people are what attract our attention, and that's their raison d'etre --to get our attention. Are advertisers, or we, as a society sending the not-so-subliminal message to women that "unless you're like this, you're not worth anyone else's time?"
We, as a society, are extremely hypocritical; we constantly sexualize women, then we collectively chastise them when they act "sexually." This, in my opinion, shows up most clearly in the abortion debate...the woman is always the one at fault, the man who contributed to her unintended pregnancy is conspicuously absent.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324837 May 10, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
Abortion ends a pregnancy. Even in the circumstances in which you APPROVE.
I wouldn't use the word, "approve", women don't need my permission and this is an issue of morality, not emotion.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
If you don't want the law changed we have no argument. You can run rampart professing "your" anti woman morality all you like given free speech. Having an abortion under the circumstances in which you approve as you pretend to give equal rights to the fetus would make those abortions equally immoral. You can't have it both ways Brian.
You don't believe circumstances and motivations are important when discussing morality? If not, drunk driving is no different from a traffic accident.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
And once again you prove that you are more concerned with how conception took place AND if the woman/girl willingly had sex you might grant her her life. Both of these negate your equal rights status for the fetus and prove that you are more interested in control, not the fetus.
The issue is the life of the child, not how the conception took place. Abortion always results in the murder of a very young and innocent human being.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
If your concern is for the fetus the elimination of said fetus by any means should concern you, but it doesn't...right Brian?
Why don't you answer the question about how age effects the crime of murder?

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Women are empowered to take responsibility, and with that responsibility comes choices. Your problem is you wish to trap women with no choice other than to mandatorily produce an unwanted pregnancy as a brood mare. Why do you hate women Brian?
I didn't create morality, don't blame me if you want to promote evil.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324839 May 10, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't use the word, "approve", women don't need my permission and this is an issue of morality, not emotion..
All very well for you to claim to be coldly dispassionate, and thus render judgment in your sense of 'morality', Brian - except that it's patently obvious your stance is predicated ENTIRELY on emotion: the emotion of repugnance at the idea of abortion.

We understand that you find it entirely distasteful, and even disgusting, that women's rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense, are recognized by the courts, as including the right to terminate a pregnancy for reasons of which you don't approve - and you do approve of at least three reasons a pregnancy may be terminated - but, and this is very important, YOU are not the one who is pregnant, therefore YOU are completely immaterial to the morality of abortion.

Yes, that's right: YOU are completely immaterial to the morality of abortion. You will never have one. You will never need one. And you will never know whether or not any given woman has or will have one - so YOUR morality has nothing whatever to do with the decision a woman makes, whether to gestate or abort a given pregnancy.

Period.

All this wailing and gnashing of teeth is utterly futile.

And your hypocrisy in believing that SOME abortions are 'acceptable' but others are not, while claiming that ALL abortion is 'murder', obviates the fact that you have very little morality of your own to begin with.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324840 May 10, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Women do not 'victimize ourselves', and most of us take precautions against unwanted pregnancy. When they fail, or are overcome by force, we have measures available to us for, if not redress, at least a return to a non-pregnant state, without having to give birth.

I'm sorry you have so large a problem with that, but not very....since you are exquisitely free to eschew said measures, should your own precautions against pregnancy fail, and you become unwillingly pregnant.

Get over yourself.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324841 May 10, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it didn't matter. I just clarified what my motivation was and is.
Your motivation is for the law to conform to your opinion. Your opinion is that fetuses need protection FROM THE WOMEN IN WHOM THEY RESIDE, so there is no escaping the FACT that you want pregnant women controlled. You simply don't want to be the one physically locking them into a room for nine months to accomplish this - you know how difficult it would be to get her in there, without serious injury to yourself.

So you want the cops to do it.
Coward.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So it seems that the government is already controlling their choices, and thus as you said, controlling them.
....a circumstance of which you are eminently in favor - as long as it's some faceless judge, or police officer, who actually does the controlling.

Misogynist coward.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324843 May 10, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure the decision was not to put your very life in the hands of an unlicensed, criminal butcher, now was it ?.
Of course not. Her choice was to put her life in the hands of a licensed, law-abiding obstetrician.

A choice which you would like to take away, so that her only choice of abortion provider IS an unlicensed, criminal butcher.

Duh..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 27 min Patriot 10,108
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr MICHA 1,432,842
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Chosen Traveler 32,404
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr New Age Spiritual... 257,130
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web