Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,806
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324722 May 6, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sensational. Now try paying attention to what's being discussed. The fact that the fetus can't be protected without "controlling" the woman as you call it, in no way establishes that such "control" is my motivation or what I am clamoring for.
Moreover, laws restricting elective abortions post viability provide a certain level of protection for the fetus, so your government is already abridging those rights concerning her body and is already, according to your definition anyway, "controlling" her.
Please go away. You're a dumbbell.
If you are motivated BY 'protecting the fetus' you are motivated TO control the woman, since there is no other way to attain your goal.

You're dumber than a dumbbell.

Next...
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324723 May 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You god uses the blood of children as KY. Killing disobedient children, dashing their heads against the rocks, slaughtering them in Sodom and Gomorrah, drowning them in the flood, tearing them asunder for insulting a prophet, killing the newborn of Egypt, allowing the wholesale slaughter of innocent babies to protect his kid....
The bible drips with the blood of kids, babies, and fetuses.
<quoted text>
For some reason you homosexuals hate religion and unborn children.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324724 May 6, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess the number of unwanted children Brian has fostered and/or adopted is equal to ZERO.
They only see one side of the coin Elise. The side that's convenient for them. Then, they turn a blind eye to the other side of the coin, when they can't deny the coin has two sides.
If only one of them would see the correlation that the rights of the born will always be paramount to the rights of the unborn, then maybe we could reach a "happy medium."
Roe versus Wade IS the happy medium....it recognizes the right of the woman to decide whether or not to remain pregnant - AND it recognizes the right of the States to restrict her right to an abortion, post-viability.

You can't get any more middle of the road than that....the so-called "pro-life" aren't 'HAPPY' because they don't get a say in other people's abortions.

Tough.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324725 May 6, 2014
There are around half a million kids who can be adopted. Many won't because they committed the ultimate sin; they stopped being babies and are therefore useless.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She asked him how many children he had adopted or fostered. I said that not everyone is in a position to foster or adopt but can help in other ways. Very few babies put up for adoption are not adopted. People are going to other countries because of the scarcity of babies here. Foster children are usually in state care because their parents were negligent or abusive and most are not adoptable and most often end up back with parents once they get their lives straightened out.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324726 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
No. Like the doctrines of radical autonomy,
Autonomy is not radical. Usurping the autonomy of others, is.
Ink wrote:
absolute rights divorced from responsibility,
...like the absolute right to obligate someone else's gestation, without the responsibility to care for each child born?
Ink wrote:
belief of gender sameness,
Both genders share many qualities. Do you deny that women and men are equally human?
Ink wrote:
self expression which acknowledges no higher purpose,
Self expression IS a 'higher purpose' than pandering to a fairy tale sky-daddy, and relying on external forces to make one 'a good person'.

(Yes, that's you.)
Ink wrote:
moral relativism
Morality has always been relative. For example, you find abortion less repugnant, relative to your dog or cat, whom if pregnant when spayed, undergoes an abortion also - and you find the disposal of human embryos resulting from an attempt to impregnate a womb, less repugnant than terminating a pregnancy.
Ink wrote:
and sexual indulgence to name a few.
Who are you to define 'indulgence' at any level, for anyone else?

Nobody, that's who.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324727 May 6, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason you homosexuals hate religion and unborn children.
For some reason, you God-bots use the word "hate" more than any other group on Topix.

I did an experiment once, totaling the number of times the self-proclaimed Christians on a given thread used "hate" in a post, compared to the number of times non-religious posters did - God-bots, hundreds....non-God-bots, three.

"Hate" is your word for 'disagrees with me'.

Get over yourself.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324728 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>I think it would have been mentioned in the gospels if he was. All other pertinient information is there. Why would they leave out an important occurrence in His adult life?
For the same reason they left 18 years of his life.

Get a grip Inky. The cannonite gospels were writen nearly 100 years after Jesus died.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324729 May 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You god uses the blood of children as KY. Killing disobedient children, dashing their heads against the rocks, slaughtering them in Sodom and Gomorrah, drowning them in the flood, tearing them asunder for insulting a prophet, killing the newborn of Egypt, allowing the wholesale slaughter of innocent babies to protect his kid....
The bible drips with the blood of kids, babies, and fetuses.
<quoted text>
According to the Old Testament, life was harsh. I think you are confuse though. Man did the killing in Samaria and Israel and if you believe in science, an asteroid and a flood was responsible for the other calamities.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324730 May 6, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason they left 18 years of his life.
Get a grip Inky. The cannonite gospels were writen nearly 100 years after Jesus died.
Most researchers believe that Matt, Mark and Luke's gospels were written between 70 and 90, with Paul's letters written even earlier.

Jesus' early life was unimportant. It was his ministry, and what he said and did that they recorded for future generations. A marraige would have been important and contained in the gospels.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324731 May 6, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Autonomy is not radical. Usurping the autonomy of others, is.
<quoted text>...like the absolute right to obligate someone else's gestation, without the responsibility to care for each child born?
<quoted text>Both genders share many qualities. Do you deny that women and men are equally human?
<quoted text>Self expression IS a 'higher purpose' than pandering to a fairy tale sky-daddy, and relying on external forces to make one 'a good person'.
(Yes, that's you.)
<quoted text> Morality has always been relative. For example, you find abortion less repugnant, relative to your dog or cat, whom if pregnant when spayed, undergoes an abortion also - and you find the disposal of human embryos resulting from an attempt to impregnate a womb, less repugnant than terminating a pregnancy.
<quoted text>Who are you to define 'indulgence' at any level, for anyone else?
Nobody, that's who.
Next....
I guess you just proved that you do believe what I said.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324733 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most researchers believe that Matt, Mark and Luke's gospels were written between 70 and 90, with Paul's letters written even earlier.
Jesus' early life was unimportant. It was his ministry, and what he said and did that they recorded for future generations. A marraige would have been important and contained in the gospels.
...whatever helps you to congratulate yourself on your choice of faith.....and whatever fits your pathetic script, Ink.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324734 May 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There are around half a million kids who can be adopted. Many won't because they committed the ultimate sin; they stopped being babies and are therefore useless.
<quoted text>
Nobody is useless and most adoptable babies are scoffed up before they are a year old by grateful parents.

http://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/ado...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324735 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you just proved that you do believe what I said.
Nonsense.

You've just proven you can't refute facts.

But of course, we already knew that.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324736 May 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No it technically is also the body of the male baby daddy as well.
Not even close. It has its own DNA - and is technically a parasite, and a squatter.

If she wants to evict it, that's her right.

Period.

Next...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324737 May 6, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense.
You've just proven you can't refute facts.
But of course, we already knew that.
Next....
I gave the facts and you agreed that you believe all of it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324738 May 6, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>...whatever helps you to congratulate yourself on your choice of faith.....and whatever fits your pathetic script, Ink.
Is this supposed to make any sense?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324739 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave the facts and you agreed that you believe all of it.
You offered ridiculous notions, and I proved every one of them ridiculous.

But of course, you already know that, too.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324740 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this supposed to make any sense?
....well...when discussing whether on not something makes sense, it helps to have a brain, rather than a skull full of tapioca....but yes, it makes perfect sense.

Your assertions regarding your faith are 99% self-congratulatory, and your rationalizations concerning the morass of conflicting assertions in the Bible, as to the nature of God, are pathetic.

Simple, if one's reading comprehension exceeds that of a cabbage.

Sorry about your luck.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324741 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is useless and most adoptable babies are scoffed up before they are a year old by grateful parents.
http://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/ado...
....scoffed up...? what the hell does that mean?(Did you maybe mean "scooped up"?)

The children who remain in foster care for years, so the foster families can keep hoovering up that monthly check, and who are no longer cute little neonates, are scoffed AT, by the potential adoptive parents who completely ignore them in favor of those sweet little infants....and by you of course, since you ignore them too.

They don't fit the 'adoption is perfect' script either........and neither do the women who bitterly regret giving them away. So you prefer to ignore them as well.

Pardon me, while I puke.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324742 May 6, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Most researchers believe that Matt, Mark and Luke's gospels were written between 70 and 90, with Paul's letters written even earlier.

If he was really the messiah and the son of G-d, every aspect of his life would have been important, including his early life, and not a minute of it would have been left unaccounted for.

But, whatever lets you sleep at night Inky. Jesus is meaningless to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,172,154
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 40 min SpaceBlues 3,012
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 234,486
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Bruin For Life 28,702
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Sun squeezers 728
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Sat RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Fri alanparkcity 1
More from around the web