Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324575 May 3, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Brian_G" whined like a little girl[,] Murdering your unborn child isn't freedom.[] well you do have the freedom to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!
Murder of the unborn is everyone's business. My arguments are for morality, not changing the law.

Adoption is life, abortion is death.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#324576 May 3, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In answer to your first question,'botched abortions' are what you people are clamoring for,
No it isn't. We're clamoring for the protection of human life. Liar.

since you advocate criminalizing the procedure, and turning qualified personnel who perform them into criminals, leaving the field wide open for back-alley and kitchen table-practitioners.
Field ? What field ? Supply and demand. If there is no demand then back-alley and kitchen table practitioners do not exist. Or are you suggesting that women lack the ability to make the intelligent and rational decision to not put their very lives at risk by allowing some unqualified back alley butcher to perform a medical procedure on them ?
You don't give women much credit at all, do you ? Misogynist.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324577 May 3, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. If "how" conception took place was the only consideration then he wouldn't support the right to abortion in cases of maternal life threat, which he said he does.
Try again ?
I have news for you. It would not matter what you or Brian "consider" when the mothers life is at risk, SHE still has the right to self defense and HER life comes first and foremost and it would be HER choice.

I understand Brian is willing to grant a woman/girl who willingly participated in the sex act her life. I think he is very kind...don't you?

Location hidden

#324578 May 3, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
First, learn proper punctuation. Second what about it?
Do endeavor to ask a question with some meaning.
There should be a comma after "second".

Do endeavor to learn proper punctuation before you even think about lecturing others.

Location hidden

#324579 May 3, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You wish we'd just 'throw in the towel', David, but it's not going to happen.
In the face of increasing restrictions on abortions, laws criminalizing miscarriage, State-mandated instrumental rape, comparisons of ladies to livestock, bans on health insurance coverage for contraception, and a dozen other things the right wields against women, we are getting more and more active. We are voting in our own best interests. And we are winning at the judicial level, on dozens of challenges to your so-called 'pro-life' legislation.
If the right-wing religious nuts get their way, women will go back to being a commodity. The 'right' would dearly love to return us to the days when the only currency women had was our virginity and fertility. Get a clue: women are not walking wombs. We are not baby factories. We are not subjects, second-class citizens, or property. We are half the population, and we don't need "daddies" to tell us whether or not to reproduce.
Get over yourself, and crawl back to your cave, Dave.
Don't get me wrong, I harbor no illusion that you crones would ever give up your fight to defend the right to kill. No, in this case I was referring to throwing in the towel in trying to defend an ignorant and inaccurate statement like "absent the death of the pregnant woman herself, no homicide has occurred in the death of the fetus."

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324580 May 3, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, I harbor no illusion that you crones would ever give up your fight to defend the right to kill. No, in this case I was referring to throwing in the towel in trying to defend an ignorant and inaccurate statement like "absent the death of the pregnant woman herself, no homicide has occurred in the death of the fetus."
Cave got too stuffy, and the smell of your own feces piling up in the corners got too strong for ya, huh?

Change caves.

Next...
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324581 May 3, 2014
I thought only hookers got abortions?.

The wild wild north

#324582 May 4, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and please don't get us wrong, we harbor no illusions that you misogynists would ever give up your fight to hold on to the last thread of control over women that you can grasp onto. We understand how devastating loss of control can be, reminiscing about the days when you could slap her around if she talked back and not be subject to arrest. How devastating for you.

The wild wild north

#324583 May 4, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. We're clamoring for the protection of human life. Liar.
NO, you are clamoring for control of women while feigning love for the fetus.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Field ? What field ? Supply and demand. If there is no demand then back-alley and kitchen table practitioners do not exist.
Guess you are unaware of researching prior to making stupid statements. Here is a couple of helpers for you:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2332264

http://www.nowfoundation.org/issues/reproduct...
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are you suggesting that women lack the ability to make the intelligent and rational decision to not put their very lives at risk by allowing some unqualified back alley butcher to perform a medical procedure on them ?
Are you suggesting that women lack the ability to make the intelligent and rational decision relating to their own pregnancies while being allowed a choice? Misogynist. Women will and have dealt with unwanted pregnancy in desperate ways. YOU who have never been (nor ever will be) in that position are incapable of understanding anything. You are like a clueless clown dancing around in floppy shoes. Don't embarrass yourself further.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324584 May 4, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
I thought only hookers got abortions?.
That's what you get for attempting to think.

Sucks to be you.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324585 May 4, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah just go to the local abortion clinic and get some aborted fetuses for your wood stove to keep the house warm.
Well, if they're not being used for anything else....like medical research, or ingredients in lipstick and Pepsi....I might have to check that out.

(The ones in biohazard bags behind the IVF clinics, are too small to be used efficiently)

Thanks for the tip!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324586 May 4, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
No it isn't. We're clamoring for the protection of human life.
Oh bullshit - you're clamoring for the protection of FETAL life. You couldn't give less of a damn about the lives of the women whose bodies surround a fetus. You prove this routinely.
DAVID27 wrote:
Field ? What field ?
Obstetrics. The practice of which, often includes safe, sterile abortion. You might have heard of it - obstetrics is really a thing. Ask Harvard Medical School.
DAVID27 wrote:
Supply and demand. If there is no demand then back-alley and kitchen table practitioners do not exist.
There has been a demand for abortifacients since the dawn of pregnancy. If there is no supply of qualified practitioners, the demand will be supplied by the unqualified, for the desperate. Twas ever thus. Read some history.

https://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/hist...

http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/excerp...

http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/compan...

(or don't - far be it from me to attempt control of your ignorance.)
DAVID27 wrote:
Or are you suggesting that women lack the ability to make the intelligent and rational decision to not put their very lives at risk by allowing some unqualified back alley butcher to perform a medical procedure on them ?
See above.

And realize that YOU are the ones who hope to eradicate abortions performed in sterile environments, by qualified personnel. It's your whole freakin' agenda.
DAVID27 wrote:
You don't give women much credit at all, do you ? Misogynist.
I give women credit for knowing what we need, and for having the brains to make the choices which will benefit us - you give us credit for being walking wombs, and very little else.

Neanderthal.

The wild wild north

#324587 May 4, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I give women credit for knowing what we need, and for having the brains to make the choices which will benefit us - you give us credit for being walking wombs, and very little else.
Neanderthal.
He is thinking "well yes I give you credit for being a walking womb, thats your entire purpose...right? "Where is the problem you radical feminist"?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#324588 May 4, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder why is it that these people have so much trouble understanding such elementary concept Elise.
Any thoughts???
There are probably many reasons, but I know that their claims that it's all about "saving babies" is BS.

Location hidden

#324589 May 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Life has infinite value; adoption is freedom and abortion is death.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but don't expect women to live by it.

Location hidden

#324590 May 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Murder of the unborn is everyone's business. My arguments are for morality, not changing the law.
Adoption is life, abortion is death.
And it's every woman's right to decide what to do about her own pregnancies, without giving a rat's behind what Brian_G thinks about it. All is well.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324591 May 4, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>There are probably many reasons, but I know that their claims that it's all about "saving babies" is BS.
It's never been about "saving babies" ... it's always been about self-righteousness, control, and wthe convenience of those who can't gestate their own kids.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324592 May 4, 2014
'the'

(oops)

:)

Location hidden

#324593 May 4, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's never been about "saving babies" ... it's always been about self-righteousness, control, and wthe convenience of those who can't gestate their own kids.
I do think it ultimately comes down to control and power.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324594 May 4, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but don't expect women to live by it.
Morality isn't defined by gender.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Grey Ghost 1,403,355
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min ChristineM 255,941
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,988
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web