Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324519 May 2, 2014
Murdering your unborn child isn't freedom.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#324520 May 2, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Abortions are the same regardless of motivation, idiot. I make no exceptions--ALL women should be in control of their reproductive processes.
Motives are essential to defining right and wrong. What other metabolic processes should women control? Why doesn't nature seem to agree with the statement: "ALL women should be in control of their reproductive processes"? Why do you use the term, "reproductive processes" instead of "murdering your unborn child"?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324521 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
You're right. It's freedom times two. Freedom for the mother and freedom for the fetus. One is freed you from an unwanted pregnancy and the other is freed from an unwanted life.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#324522 May 2, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I believe the further along in the pregnancy a woman is, the more rights the fetus should have.(IMO) Once you cross a line, that ship has sailed unless... duh health of baby/mother
I agree, the earlier the abortion, the less harm; but abortion for convenience always ends in the death of an innocent unborn baby.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324523 May 2, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know whatever happened to marysaidyes2life, I haven't seen ladi, or Junket. pbfa pops in from time to time, but I haven't seen very much of her here either. Foofoo went the way of the Dodo bird.

Whatever happened to NR?,,, now there was a character. A prick, but still a character. I can usually put two and two together with writing styles as to who I think a poster is, but I haven't been able to do that for a while. I think maybe he's gone. I liked MikeinVa (is that right?), he was the guy that held a very strong opinion about Terry Schiavo. I agreed with him in that btw.

I know that if there ever comes a day where I can't speak for myself, Jeff will be more than happy to tell them to pull the plug... I mean forced to make the decision. We've argued, and I don't think that if my jaw ever gets wired shut (car accident, assault,,, the usual reasons), that that will give him the okay to pull it... but whatever. Ongoing battle here, don't get me started. I also don't think that if I've had a tad too much to drink, and you can't wake me up right away warrants putting me out of my misery with a baseball bat. He says it's out of love because he would hate to see me suffer with a ghastly hangover, but again, I think I would still be able to put him in check, and scare him with what his future would hold for him.

Lynne is gone, I haven't seen her in a coon's age. Beats me.
Junket PMs me once in a while. La, Foo, Moncie, Kathwynn are MIA.

My wife has my living will and my will. It's clear and on ambiguous. No feeding tubes, no artificial life support.

I seen a poster that goes by zef. Not sure, but I think that might be NR.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324524 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, the earlier the abortion, the less harm; but abortion for convenience always ends in the death of an innocent unborn baby.
Brian, don't you think that an abortion in the case of rape or incest would also be an abortion for convenience?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#324525 May 2, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Not much - ask any woman who gestates for the convenience of someone else, and dies giving birth....oh...wait....you can't....SHE'S DEAD. NEXT....
Or, with the same logic - ask any woman who dies during a botched abortion, but what's the point? Right and wrong aren't defined by who you ask.

Best of all, ask your mother; good thing she didn't abort you!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#324526 May 2, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
Brian, don't you think that an abortion in the case of rape or incest would also be an abortion for convenience?
Of course not, I think the rapist is responsible for the consequences of his evildoing. Don't you?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324527 May 2, 2014
It's certainly freedom from pregnancy, which is the whole point.
Brian_G wrote:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324528 May 2, 2014
You define right and wrong for yourself, and we'll do the same.

Nature doesn't "allow" anything; it's either a trait or it's not. People, regardless of gender should be able to make their own biological (not metabolical; pregnancy isn't a metabolic condition) decisions to the extent that science can allow.

I use "reproductive processes" because I refer to ALL such processes, of which abortion is just one. I don't use "murdering your unborn child" because I'm not a PLM zombie, and understand that words have real meaning.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Motives are essential to defining right and wrong. What other metabolic processes should women control? Why doesn't nature seem to agree with the statement: "ALL women should be in control of their reproductive processes"? Why do you use the term, "reproductive processes" instead of "murdering your unborn child"?
Jim

Torrance, CA

#324529 May 2, 2014
Who hoo

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324530 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Forced to carry an unwanted medical/physical condition against your will with no benefit to oneself isn't freedom either....is it Brian?

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324531 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, I think the rapist is responsible for the consequences of his evildoing. Don't you?
So a clean safe abortion under these circumstances would not be a convenience?

You think the rapist is responsible for ""evildoing" " and in effect the women/girl would be granted the right to choose abortion under these circumstances, therefore leaving us to believe that you put no value or give no rights to the "unborn child" considering how it was CONCEIVED....correct??

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324532 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, I think the rapist is responsible for the consequences of his evildoing. Don't you?
Yes. You are stupid. And stupid can't be fixed.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324533 May 2, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>So a clean safe abortion under these circumstances would not be a convenience?

You think the rapist is responsible for ""evildoing" " and in effect the women/girl would be granted the right to choose abortion under these circumstances, therefore leaving us to believe that you put no value or give no rights to the "unborn child" considering how it was CONCEIVED....correct??
Correct. He doesn't see the correlation between the convenience of a woman having an abortion to avoid a lifetime of the horror of an unwanted pregnancy, conceived by rape, with the convenience of a woman having an abortion to avoid a lifetime of the horror of an unwanted pregnancy conceived due to a broken rubber.

As if one, somehow was less of an unwanted pregnancy than the other.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324534 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
If you feel that way, I suggest you never contemplate, seek, or obtain an abortion, Brian....

But it's totally your call.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324535 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, the earlier the abortion, the less harm; but abortion for convenience always ends in the death of an innocent unborn baby.
Gestating for YOUR convenience, has the potential to end in the deaths of a helluva lot of women....but of course, you couldn't care any less about that if you were paid to.

Next...
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324536 May 2, 2014
What if the woman threatens the boyfriend with abortion, or uses it as a bargaining chip.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#324537 May 2, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
What if the woman threatens the boyfriend with abortion, or uses it as a bargaining chip.
Then the woman threatens the boyfriend with abortion or uses it as a bargaining chip.

Do I think this is okay? No, of course not

But the man can take the following precautions to ensure that an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy doesn't happen with a girl that would do this in the first place (provided he cares)

They are as follows

1) No sex
2) Use a condom and spermicidal gel ( if you're not a jackin, you're a wrappin)
3) Invite Mother, and or grandmother, and or sister, and or aunt, and or obnoxious best friend
4) Invite wife or girlfriend that you know is already on the pill, and is not into threesomes
5) Don't believe girl if she says she is on the pill ( I used that one, and guess what?)
*cue wedding bells*
6) Join a religion that doesn't believe in having sex, follow that religion, abide by that religion, don't falter from that religion

And last but not least, know the girl you're going to have sex with if you don't want this to happen. You can increase your chances of this not happening if you ask yourself or her the following questions

1) Does she already have children?
2) How man Baby Daddies are there?
3) Does this girl have a strong male role model?
4) Does she have an older brother that can kick your ass to the moon and back?
5) Is she "clingy"?

If you follow these simple guidelines and or warning signals, you can lower your chances of that actually happening to you to a very small percentage.

For further instruction, please watch any Maury show

This has been a paid sex education chalk talk brought to you by Gracie Cares

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#324538 May 2, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket PMs me once in a while. La, Foo, Moncie, Kathwynn are MIA.
My wife has my living will and my will. It's clear and on ambiguous. No feeding tubes, no artificial life support.
I seen a poster that goes by zef. Not sure, but I think that might be NR.
It's pretty clear what I want so I doubt there would be any disagreement should that decision unfortunately have to be made. I don't have a living will. I know, I should have one, but everyone knows what I want. Our extended family is pretty clear on it too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,497,257
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Mother Knows Best 10,983
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr ResidentPhartx 32,756
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Tue TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue waaasssuuup 258,484
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web