Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313201 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#324457 May 1, 2014
btw,,, I wasn't that upset (no at all really)

BUT OKAY

for you Cpete

Location hidden

#324458 May 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
So, your rights as a human being are dependent on age and dependency;.
ya, you seem to understand it, provided they're still in the womb.

Location hidden

#324460 May 1, 2014
Don't get me started on the really old people...... that are human, and dependant. That's a whole different issue.

Location hidden

#324461 May 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
So, your rights as a human being are dependent on age and dependency; not your status as a human being. Murdering very young human beings is neither liberal or progressive.
Abortion for convenience is the murder of an innocent unborn human.
Don't get me wrong, I believe the further along in the pregnancy a woman is, the more rights the fetus should have.(IMO)

Once you cross a line, that ship has sailed unless... duh health of baby/mother

Location hidden

#324462 May 1, 2014
To post the last comment, I had to answer a question

Which one does not belong. There were a list of a bunch of Presidents, and a head of cabbage. I took a stab in the dark....

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#324463 May 1, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> These pro-death people on here are socially awkward. They don't know how to communicate with people who don't buy into their bull,so they resort to insulting,stalking,obssessing, attacking. It's kinda a good thing because it shows that they are fighting a losing battle.
OH LOOK!! It's Mother AssyTheresa!!

Pissing and moaning about those who insult, obsess and attack, I guess it shows she is fighting a losing battle and doesn't know how to communicate with those that don't buy her bull!!

The wild wild north

#324464 May 1, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You don't need to be a RCC or a celibate Priest(yes,PRIEST,not pedophile,you bigoted freak),to know that the pill and IUD are *potential* abortificants. Do your homework. Women can and do get pregnant while on both,and those forms of contraception can cause early abortions.
Your child should have rights should have rights from the moment of their existence. You didn't want your child,so you took not only his or her rights of life away,you support others from losing their life. You and Susan Smith are probably BFF's. BOTH women decided to kill their unwanted child instead of giving them up for adoption. Selfish.
OH LOOK!! The very one who "pretends" to care SO much for children runs to the defense of pedophile priests! The only freaks are the pedophile priests and the RCC which protects them and I will drag them through the mud at every given chance so deal with it you pedophile worshipper!

What a woman/girl chooses for her health and body is none of your fcking business and it certainly is not the business of the pedophile freaks that makeup the RCC. A bunch of (ha ha) celibate old men can concentrate on their own business and keep their nose out of the crotches of women...if they can.

Now run along and bow down to your pedophile fathers, and don't forget to toss some coins in the collections so they can pay for their MANY lawsuits! Such a good little dumb azz.

The wild wild north

#324465 May 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
So, your rights as a human being are dependent on age and dependency; not your status as a human being. Murdering very young human beings is neither liberal or progressive.
Abortion for convenience is the murder of an innocent unborn human.
Abortion for any reason would be convenient, it is called a medical decision...don't you think Brian? You are for the convenience of abortion under certain circumstances...right Brian?

Just as long as it is OK with you is what really matters....right?

The wild wild north

#324466 May 1, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Bringing up child-raping priests as an example of .catholics is bad,
<quoted text>
Not at all. I have zero forgiveness for them fckers. AND being the RCC (and their followers) can open their big mouths at every given chance to voice their opinion the rest of us who have suffered at their hands should certainly do the same.

Thanks for listening :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324467 May 1, 2014
Oh, everyone wants to hang priests by their scrotums...:)

A truce only works when both sides cease fire. It's really become a Hatfield-McCoy situation; who's right and who's wrong is not even the issue anymore. You're both better than that.

I'd say it'd be best not to read each other's stuff at all, but if that's too hard, only respond to the actual point made, with nothing personal on either side.
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>awww you're right AGAIN.
Can I still make fun of his posts? Like when he says how he wants Catholic Priests hanged by the balls with painful stuff, ropes around their neck,,,, stuff like that when they're caught, and they are known child molesters? I can join him in that, right? I mean, no one will blame me, will they?
Should I keep my fingers from typing when he asks a question that everyone knows he already has the answer to?
Alright Cpete, because I absolutely adore you, I will try my best.
But you have to witness if he nit picks me, I am allowed to answer back. I also will try not to agree with someone else for berating him because that too isn't leaving it alone.
For you? Always

Indianapolis

#324468 May 1, 2014
Which is the same tactic we should pull against clinic protesters. We could make life very difficult for you people.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He was warned by the Pro Life Army to stop what he was doing.
The best way to stop abortionists from committing murder every day is to hunt them down and harass them 24/7 until they quit

Indianapolis

#324469 May 1, 2014
I grew up catholic, in the time when the molestations were rife. Yes, the molesters and their protectors were scum, but the rank and file catholics knew nothing about them; the church made sure of that. And even many priests didn't know; they were always given a plausible cover story for the transfers. So I can't blame all catholics, just the people directly involved in the acts and cover-ups. And yes, you absolutely have a right to voice your pain; it's just important to not tar them all with the same brush.
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I have zero forgiveness for them fckers. AND being the RCC (and their followers) can open their big mouths at every given chance to voice their opinion the rest of us who have suffered at their hands should certainly do the same.
Thanks for listening :)
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324470 May 2, 2014
I'm against abortion, I think it's horrible and cruel to the most fragile and innocent thing on earth. I think the women who have abortions (not counting brutal rape or incest) are lower than dirt, an absolutely horrible woman.
I also think if a woman is set on getting an abortion, in the age of the internet they will find a way. I don't really know what my statement means, but its the truth. I hate it, but there is no point in making something illegal that will become a major source of crime if criminalized. We simply cant afford to arrest all these selfish whores.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324471 May 2, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
Abortion for any reason would be convenient, it is called a medical decision...don't you think Brian?
No, abortion is only a medical decision when the life of the mother is at stake. Abortions for convenience are different.

Morgana9Rules wrote:
You are for the convenience of abortion under certain circumstances...right Brian?
For the mother's life, rape and incest; don't you allow exceptions to your view of abortion?

Morgana9Rules wrote:
Just as long as it is OK with you is what really matters....right?
Life really matters; what matters most to you?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#324472 May 2, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
I'm against abortion, I think it's horrible and cruel to the most fragile and innocent thing on earth. I think the women who have abortions (not counting brutal rape or incest) are lower than dirt, an absolutely horrible woman.
I also think if a woman is set on getting an abortion, in the age of the internet they will find a way. I don't really know what my statement means, but its the truth. I hate it, but there is no point in making something illegal that will become a major source of crime if criminalized. We simply cant afford to arrest all these selfish whores.
I find it rather interesting that while you're vehemently against abortion, allegedly because it's "horrible and cruel to the most fragile and innocent on earth," you're not against it for women who've unwillingly conceived through the equally horrible acts of rape or incest.
A lot of people who're dead-set against abortion seem to be against it in any circumstance, yet you aren't.
Equally interesting is that while you recognize the futility of attempting to criminalize abortion, you seem to express the sentiment that if it were, the criminal charges ought to be leveled against those "selfish whores" who happen to seek/obtain one.
If you don't mind my asking, why is it that the majority of those who are so vehemently opposed to abortion always seem to place 100% of the blame at the feet of the woman who is seeking/getting one?
Why is it that the women are so frequently demonized as "hedonistic sluts" while there is rarely any blame laid at the feet of the men who contributed to their pregnancies?
It takes two to "Tango," and men seem to be given that age old pass of, "boys will be boys," while the women/girls are the eternal Hester Prynne's of our society, forced to bear the burden of shame, scorn and ridicule for their choices.
Do we, as a society, really expect women to be made of sterner moral fiber than we expect of men? Do we honestly feel that, not all that deep down, men are simply lustful barbarians who are ruled by their gonads and aren't really to blame for their brutish instincts?
If we do, don't you think there's something fundamentally wrong with that?

The wild wild north

#324473 May 2, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, abortion is only a medical decision when the life of the mother is at stake. Abortions for convenience are different.
<quoted text>For the mother's life, rape and incest; don't you allow exceptions to your view of abortion?
<quoted text>Life really matters; what matters most to you?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, abortion is only a medical decision when the life of the mother is at stake. Abortions for convenience are different.
NO, abortion is always a medical decision, abortion is a medical procedure. Having available modern medical procedures for unwanted conditions is always convenient, ask a third world country that has few if any. You anti choicers just like to use the term convenience in a belittling manner in order to guilt trip...right Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>For the mother's life, rape and incest; don't you allow exceptions to your view of abortion?
I allow a woman/girl to make her OWN decision regarding her own pregnancy and the circumstances surrounding it. Your criteria is based on "how" she got pregnant and as a final straw if she willingly participated you will grant her her life. You are too kind Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Life really matters; what matters most to you?
Freedom.

The wild wild north

#324474 May 2, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it rather interesting that while you're vehemently against abortion, allegedly because it's "horrible and cruel to the most fragile and innocent on earth," you're not against it for women who've unwillingly conceived through the equally horrible acts of rape or incest.
A lot of people who're dead-set against abortion seem to be against it in any circumstance, yet you aren't.
Equally interesting is that while you recognize the futility of attempting to criminalize abortion, you seem to express the sentiment that if it were, the criminal charges ought to be leveled against those "selfish whores" who happen to seek/obtain one.
If you don't mind my asking, why is it that the majority of those who are so vehemently opposed to abortion always seem to place 100% of the blame at the feet of the woman who is seeking/getting one?
Why is it that the women are so frequently demonized as "hedonistic sluts" while there is rarely any blame laid at the feet of the men who contributed to their pregnancies?
It takes two to "Tango," and men seem to be given that age old pass of, "boys will be boys," while the women/girls are the eternal Hester Prynne's of our society, forced to bear the burden of shame, scorn and ridicule for their choices.
Do we, as a society, really expect women to be made of sterner moral fiber than we expect of men? Do we honestly feel that, not all that deep down, men are simply lustful barbarians who are ruled by their gonads and aren't really to blame for their brutish instincts?
If we do, don't you think there's something fundamentally wrong with that?
Bravo!

Well said!

The wild wild north

#324475 May 2, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I grew up catholic, in the time when the molestations were rife. Yes, the molesters and their protectors were scum, but the rank and file catholics knew nothing about them; the church made sure of that. And even many priests didn't know; they were always given a plausible cover story for the transfers. So I can't blame all catholics, just the people directly involved in the acts and cover-ups. And yes, you absolutely have a right to voice your pain; it's just important to not tar them all with the same brush.
<quoted text>
I see it differently. I remember the parents talking about the "rumors", They knew, but turned a blind eye. They were taught to respect and bow down to authority and never question, I will give them that. BUT today the word is out and yet people still line up and give these freaks money. I think they are pathetic. This is just ONE of the many issues throughout history with the RCC. They are corrupt and all who aide and abet them are equally guilty, in my opinion :)

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#324476 May 2, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
...Freedom.
What is the good of freedom to the dead?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#324477 May 2, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
To post the last comment, I had to answer a question
Which one does not belong. There were a list of a bunch of Presidents, and a head of cabbage. I took a stab in the dark....
My private messages aren't getting through to you. I want to talk to you. I want to know more about your girl child. Her age, that sort of thing. Honetsly turn them on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Grey Ghost 1,482,302
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 20 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 10,776
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Trojan 32,716
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Fri Sue 286
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Jan 17 Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jan 17 louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,891
More from around the web