Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309954 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324260 Apr 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
BS. The first amendment allows for religious freedom--when did christianity ever say it was okay to worship another deity?
<quoted text>
Are Chistians taking away your right to worship whom you want?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324261 Apr 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The constitution doesn't say anything about your god, much less that rights come from him.
<quoted text>
Why would it? It was understood and the constitution was set up to protect those rights which did not come from the government.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#324262 Apr 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Which is frigging useless.
<quoted text>
How's the weather out there? My daughter and her family live near you and I always worry about tornados.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#324263 Apr 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
That would be wrong, and I'm ashamed of you. You know full well if someone is carrying a bag of drugs out in the open, they're street trash and their junk is probably cut with drain opener and/or rat poison.
The correct answer is always D, because that could make your meth kit explode.
<quoted text>
OMG, that's hilarious! hahahhaa

No Sir, we certainly wouldn't want my meth kit exploding. I won't mention the collateral damage, but it would certainly put me in detox. hahahhaahha

Location hidden

#324264 Apr 28, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
So ........
Who is who on this thread now ??
Any regulars from couple years ago still on ??
Bitner
CHam
Foo
Chicky
Nana
I see miss Rachie is still here ..
:)
:) I've stepped back a bit though.

Location hidden

#324265 Apr 28, 2014
NoahRS2 wrote:
You can't keep me down, I'm back. I am in the legal profession, and I am so smart that I stay ahead of you guys. I decide what's punishable and what isn't. I don't know how to take a hint no matter how many times I get banned. I just can't stay away from here. I love hanging out here because it's mostly full of women that I feel I can dominate with my crudeness, and bully tactics. Getting people banned, or as you say "bounced," only goes to show your level of desperation and inability to muster anything better than the proverbial "sore loser." It certainly isn't because I'm a complete loser and can't take a hint. Never mind the fact that I practically dared everyone with the "what are you going to do about it?" I guess you guys can do something about it which is why I have to keep joining again.
Now, go rub some ointment on your a$$. I apologize for the welts I left by spanking it so hard. Maybe you'd want to have me arrested for child abuse... I am the type you know.
I love spanking asses especially if they have balls in the front. Line up please, and girls, put a strap on for me please.
LMFJAO
I have several topix profiles ready and waiting for every time I can't take the hint because I really am a pre teen acting bitch.
Had to join again, huh? lol

Location hidden

#324266 Apr 28, 2014
NoahRS2 wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing can help me. I act like a little girl waiting for her boobies to arrive so that I may play with them.
WTH?

Location hidden

#324267 Apr 28, 2014
CDII wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained it to you. Too bad you don't have the "common sense," or the balls to stand up to a "fight." Instead, you just cry and whine like a $2.00 charmuta and resort to the infamous "mommy, mommy, I didn't like what he said..tell him to go away."
You must be really proud of yourself.
Well, you may be successful in getting me "bounced," and even in convincing the powers that be at Topix to not even address a valid inquiry.
Herbal Magic Weight Loss Centres have weight loss programs for women, and men. Herbal Magicís approach starts with a weight loss strategy that is designed to ensure that the weight you lose can be maintained successfully.

The objective of Herbal Magicís program is to help you change your body and the way you look at food.
For some, weight gain is the result of changes in their bodyís metabolismóthe rate at which your body is able to burn calories. Metabolic rates decrease as you get older, making it harder for your body to burn calories quickly.

For others, weight gain can be the result of physiological factors, like the stress associated with work, a personal relationship or a crisis of some kind.

Location hidden

#324268 Apr 28, 2014
You're welcome NoahRSII, CDII
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324269 Apr 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
britanica says

The common law of England was largely created in the period after the Norman Conquest of 1066. The Anglo-Saxons, especially after the accession of Alfred the Great (871), had developed a body of rules resembling those being used by the Germanic peoples of northern Europe. Local customs governed most matters, while the church played a large part in government. Crimes were treated as wrongs for which compensation was made to the victim.

It seems that the the church did have much import into Eng common law and thereby Amer law.
And from all that like of garbage, where does it expressly say laws are based on moral standards?

You're assuming that because Britanica says the church played a "large part in government," this somehow means that the church wrote laws based on its dogma of what's moral, condemning what it believed not to be moral.

Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324270 Apr 28, 2014
NoahRS2 wrote:
You can't keep me down, I'm back. I am in the legal profession, and I am so smart that I stay ahead of you guys. I decide what's punishable and what isn't. I don't know how to take a hint no matter how many times I get banned. I just can't stay away from here. I love hanging out here because it's mostly full of women that I feel I can dominate with my crudeness, and bully tactics. Getting people banned, or as you say "bounced," only goes to show your level of desperation and inability to muster anything better than the proverbial "sore loser." It certainly isn't because I'm a complete loser and can't take a hint. Never mind the fact that I practically dared everyone with the "what are you going to do about it?" I guess you guys can do something about it which is why I have to keep joining again.

Now, go rub some ointment on your a$$. I apologize for the welts I left by spanking it so hard. Maybe you'd want to have me arrested for child abuse... I am the type you know.

I love spanking asses especially if they have balls in the front. Line up please, and girls, put a strap on for me please.

LMFJAO

I have several topix profiles ready and waiting for every time I can't take the hint because I really am a pre teen acting bitch.
Someone got her panties in a wad.

Look "common bitch," I know you really want to be like me, but I'm unique.

Always imitated, but never duplicated.

Keep trying though. We all know you're the $2.00 charmuta.
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324271 Apr 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe this will help you.

Nor did any side in the struggle to legislate morality at our nation’s founding say to its opponents that trying to legislate morality was a breach of the wall of separation between church and state. Morality, after all, is not a church. They would have laughed at the confusion of mind revealed in one who thought that separating church from state meant separating morality from law. They wanted the nation to be moral. They wanted its laws to be just. But they did not want to give any one church a national legal advantage over the others. They did not want the nation to be Presbyterian, Baptist, or Roman Catholic, which is a far different issue from whether or not to have ethics-driven law.1 Under the Constitution the Founders enshrined freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. In seeking to avoid a state-established church, they were not thereby establishing secularism or separating law from morality.

The very fact that the Founders were creating a new Constitution for their fledgling nation arose because they understood the actions of King George to be morally evil, and politically unjust.2 They all knew quite well that morality belonged in politics, in fact that politics was simply morality applied to the public square, to the public’s business.
eqiup.org
Can you make an argument for yourself without having to copy what someone else says?

Makes me wonder whether there's truth in the saying that fundamentalism kills a thinking mind.
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324272 Apr 28, 2014
NoahRS2 wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing can help me. I act like a little girl waiting for her boobies to arrive so that I may play with them.
ROFLMFAOPIMP!!!
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324273 Apr 28, 2014
NoahRS2 wrote:
This is really me but I want to cause disruption on here, and my credibility is shot due to the many many times I have been banned proving I really am a little girl waiting for her boobies to come in so that I may play with them. These socks in my little girls bra will have to do in the meantime. Now who can I frame for this? Who will join me in framing someone else?
C'mon "common sense!" Another boobie joke? Can't you come up with something else so you won't have to say the same thing twice?

Why don't you mention how I wish I still had my foreskin or something a little more antisemitic?
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324274 Apr 28, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
Sad news for our old friend Phill Kline. Now if someone would just pay him a visit in church the score will be even.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2014/04/28/newsfla...
He's now posting here under the nick "common sense."

Pobrecito.
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324275 Apr 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Are Chistians taking away your right to worship whom you want?
Nah. They're just saying we'll go to hell if we don't worship Jeebus Kryst.
CDII

Boca Raton, FL

#324276 Apr 28, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
You're welcome NoahRSII, CDII
Andrea, did your husband get his aim right? Last time you complained he put something in your eye.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324277 Apr 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our rights are given, not by the state but by the hand of God."
John F Kennedy
That's Kennedy's OPINION.

The founding fathers mentioned 'Endowed by his Creator" in the Declaration of Independence - and then went on to CREATE the Constitution.

Missed civics class, didja?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324278 Apr 28, 2014
....That's right, Ink. The Constitution....in which 'God' is mentioned exactly never.

Next....

Location hidden

#324280 Apr 28, 2014
CDII wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon "common sense!" Another boobie joke? Can't you come up with something else so you won't have to say the same thing twice?
Why don't you mention how I wish I still had my foreskin or something a little more antisemitic?
Common sense is NoahRSII, and I'm Andrea. Alrighty then. Dipped into the drink again, have ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min thetruth 239,512
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 min TerryE 5,651
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Bluestater 1,234,763
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) 11 hr tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 23 hr Pietro Armando 201,811
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) May 27 tom wingo 29,767
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web