Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,946
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324192 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem like the type that believes there is not Right and Wrong. Whatever strikes you as OK is ok and there are no consequences. If you are so "inclusive" why can't you include people who believe in Judeo - Christian morality?
People who claim to have "Judeo-Christian morality,' make up 30+% of all people who have abortions.

(Fact.)
4life

Chapmanville, WV

#324193 Apr 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Absolutely EVERY surgical or invasive procedure carries the threat of death or severe problems; that's why you sign those waivers. Abortion is still far safer than a pregnancy carried to term.
<quoted text>
Exactly how many women do you know, or have seen in the news who recently died as a result of pregnancy or childbirth?
4life

Chapmanville, WV

#324194 Apr 27, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You are walking down the street, and smell smoke. You follow the scent to a burning building.....your apartment. You realize that your niece is burning in the yard your daughter is in her bedroom, and your petri dish full of embryos is in the freezer.
Is it more moral to put your niece out, before you save your daughter, or to run and grab the petri dish, or to rush up the stairs to save your daughter, and burn to death yourself....?
Annnnnnnnnnnnd Go
Now, before I answer this, where is my dog, parrot, & Aunt June? I need this "never gonna happen" scenario to play out correctly in my head before I can answer such an intelligent question. Also, when did they pass a law that I can have a Petri dish full of embryo's beside the frozen corndogs?
Ok, so let me set the scene---Back Draft style. I burst into the burning apartment building & I get my child, niece, oh no, I see the neighbors cat has crawled out onto the fire escape, hold on, I'll be back, I must rescue it, too. Ok, I'm back in the burning building. I hear Aunt June, she tells me to get out while I can, she'll take care of the rest. But I don't. But. I. Don't. I fly to the freezer, grab those Petri dishes, then I burst out of the apartment building---slow mo, of course. I'm told that I'm a hero, but I just don't feel heroic, because I left my dog and parrot in there. Wait, oh wait, what is that coming out of the building. Why, it's my dog, with the parrot on his back.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324195 Apr 27, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Now, before I answer this, where is my dog, parrot, & Aunt June? I need this "never gonna happen" scenario to play out correctly in my head before I can answer such an intelligent question. Also, when did they pass a law that I can have a Petri dish full of embryo's beside the frozen corndogs?
Ok, so let me set the scene---Back Draft style. I burst into the burning apartment building & I get my child, niece, oh no, I see the neighbors cat has crawled out onto the fire escape, hold on, I'll be back, I must rescue it, too. Ok, I'm back in the burning building. I hear Aunt June, she tells me to get out while I can, she'll take care of the rest. But I don't. But. I. Don't. I fly to the freezer, grab those Petri dishes, then I burst out of the apartment building---slow mo, of course. I'm told that I'm a hero, but I just don't feel heroic, because I left my dog and parrot in there. Wait, oh wait, what is that coming out of the building. Why, it's my dog, with the parrot on his back.
All of which indicates your unwillingness to answer the question I asked.

Try again?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324196 Apr 27, 2014
Wrong. It's not a morality statement, it's about what are considered intrinsic rights, and about creating a society that works. Abortion is safer in the first trimester than pregnancy or childbirth, when over 95% of all abortions take place. Later abortions are virtually all performed for medical reasons. There is nothing moral about denying a woman control over her own body and own medical choices.

Fetuses, btw, have no rights. Never did.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws of drugs, drunk driving and right to life are based upon Morality
The preservation of one's human body is morally good. Driving drunk can cause damage to your body or others, taking drugs damages your body, killing unborn babies causes damage to the Mother and Baby's body. Those laws are rooted in preserving the human body which is morality.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324197 Apr 27, 2014
There are some heavily-edited videos out there that have been proven to be doctored. You fail not note precisely what medical facts are withheld.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe that? They absolutely withhold information, and they've even meet caught on tape (a lot) lately either evading direct questions, or flat out lying.
Look it up. If you're for women, then shouldn't that be an outrage? If you're for abortion, then that probably doesn't matter.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324198 Apr 27, 2014
Per the CDC, 650:
http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/materna...

And that's only that low because we have made prenatal care such a big part of the process. I can't even find a death rate from abortion, usually because abortion is extremely safe and deaths usually are the result of other problems--which is why women in later stages seek abortion to begin with.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly how many women do you know, or have seen in the news who recently died as a result of pregnancy or childbirth?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324199 Apr 27, 2014
Save the pets. Anyone genetically related to you wouldn't be worth the risk.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Now, before I answer this, where is my dog, parrot, & Aunt June? I need this "never gonna happen" scenario to play out correctly in my head before I can answer such an intelligent question. Also, when did they pass a law that I can have a Petri dish full of embryo's beside the frozen corndogs?
Ok, so let me set the scene---Back Draft style. I burst into the burning apartment building & I get my child, niece, oh no, I see the neighbors cat has crawled out onto the fire escape, hold on, I'll be back, I must rescue it, too. Ok, I'm back in the burning building. I hear Aunt June, she tells me to get out while I can, she'll take care of the rest. But I don't. But. I. Don't. I fly to the freezer, grab those Petri dishes, then I burst out of the apartment building---slow mo, of course. I'm told that I'm a hero, but I just don't feel heroic, because I left my dog and parrot in there. Wait, oh wait, what is that coming out of the building. Why, it's my dog, with the parrot on his back.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324201 Apr 27, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Come again? No, it's actually nothing like purchasing a home that you cannot afford. Really? No, really>>really? I couldn't care less what home a person purchases, even if they cannot afford it. Check into some of the hidden camera's in clinics. You'll find a lot of answers there. They. Do. Not. Care.
Listen to them take donations to go towards the abortion of a specific race. Listen as they blatantly lie to the women as to what is going to happen. Read and find out that the "abortion pill" has huge and common side-effects that leave women lying in their bathroom floors really believing that they're dying. Listen to 911 recordings of them "beating around the bush" in an attempt to protect themselves, instead of the women lying in their clinic hemorrhaging. I don't know what else you people are searching for to convince yourselves this is ok, & that they really do care about women? Even clinic workers end up leaving, & "turning a new page" so to speak, because of the horrors they've encountered. Again, do any of you see Pro-Lifers experience the bloody mess, and decide, ya know what, I actually like this? NO, but you see all kinds who are in the industry having a change of heart.
You said PC is against restrictions that would make clinics safer, and I asked what restrictions are you talking about? Don't see an answer in your reply.

Because you are trying to make an argument based on morality, I'll ask whose morality? Are any circumstrances a woman would choose abortion okay with you? Any at all?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324202 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man and Woman made their CHOICE to have their child in the bedroom
Did they get one of those birthing pools, too?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324203 Apr 27, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, a lot of people engage in sex, not because they want a baby, but for other reasons. With that being said, if you don't know the risks involved with such pleasure, then you're probably too young to take that risk.
And too young to risk carrying to term, right?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#324204 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem like the type that believes there is not Right and Wrong. Whatever strikes you as OK is ok and there are no consequences. If you are so "inclusive" why can't you include people who believe in Judeo - Christian morality?
Your inability to recognize that there are others whom happen to believe other than you do, and your desire to impose your own sense of morality on the rest of us is what I personally find objectionable.
No, you don't get a pass just because you claim to follow a Judeo-Christian philosophy, that's precisely why I'm "inclusive."
I've never said that there were no consequences, I'd simply said that when men and women "bed," a lot of the time they're not doing so with the intention of creating a child.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324205 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Pro Life people believe that our body is to be taken care of. Not to be destroyed with drugs, alcohol, murder, wreckless sex, homosexuality and of course murder by Abortion. Preservation of the Body may not be a moral value of yours but it is central to the majority.
Thus the Law is based upon morality not "rights".
What should be done with all of these "murderers"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324206 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Pro Life people believe that our body is to be taken care of. Not to be destroyed with drugs, alcohol, murder, wreckless sex, homosexuality and of course murder by Abortion. Preservation of the Body may not be a moral value of yours but it is central to the majority.
Thus the Law is based upon morality not "rights".
Oh, and by the way, The Law of Jealousies gave a husband the right to force his wife into an abortion if he believed the would-be offspring was not his. Numbers 5.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324207 Apr 27, 2014
I think tubes being tied should accompany any abortion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324208 Apr 27, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
I think tubes being tied should accompany any abortion.
You think that strongly enough, that you're willing to foot the bill with your tax dollars?

Do you advocate an abortion and sterilization registry?

Should women who have an abortion to save our lives, forfeit the further right to have biological children?

Who gets to decide 'who gestates' and 'who doesn't' under your regime?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324209 Apr 27, 2014
Destroying your body with sex? Sex is healthy regardless of which genders are involved as long as it's done safely. I've never had a wreck during sex; maybe you shouldn't f**k while driving.

Women decide how they will "preserve their bodies", not you buttinskis.

BTW--alcohol and drugs have been legal for the majority of our history as a nation--just like abortion.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Pro Life people believe that our body is to be taken care of. Not to be destroyed with drugs, alcohol, murder, wreckless sex, homosexuality and of course murder by Abortion. Preservation of the Body may not be a moral value of yours but it is central to the majority.
Thus the Law is based upon morality not "rights".

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324210 Apr 27, 2014
Well, you go right ahead and have both. The rest of us won't be stupid.
Drifting to sleep wrote:
I think tubes being tied should accompany any abortion.
4life

Chapmanville, WV

#324212 Apr 27, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You said PC is against restrictions that would make clinics safer, and I asked what restrictions are you talking about? Don't see an answer in your reply.
Because you are trying to make an argument based on morality, I'll ask whose morality? Are any circumstrances a woman would choose abortion okay with you? Any at all?
Goooooood grief, do you not know what Google is? If you really wanted an answer, you would have looked it up. I promise, I didn't "doctor" the whole entire www! You're wanting your answers from an anonymous person on this site, instead of looking it up yourself? Yes, sounds like you're really searching for the truth! Only when the "truth" is what you like?
4life

Chapmanville, WV

#324213 Apr 27, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
And too young to risk carrying to term, right?
What century are you living in that you believe a young person (aka teenager) cannot carry a baby to term? Jeeeeez & please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Exposing The Truth 1,191,970
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 201,402
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr IB DaMann 4,318
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr ChristineM 235,735
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr stewart scott 29,073
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Mon CS Rosenberg 71
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Feb 28 IdeasandTruth 1
More from around the web