Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330240 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324159 Apr 26, 2014
No, laws boil down to protection of rights.

I love how you view women as being too stupid to make their own choices and think YOU have the answers they so desperately need.

BTW--what about the women who regret having kids?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
All laws boil down to morality or right and wrong.
I do not know what you mean by proof? But there are literally thousands of studies I can point to that show the emotional and physical damage done to Women because of their abortions.
This is not about me or you it is about protecting children who are about to be butchered into pieces or sucked into a vacuum. Try not to be so selfish

Indianapolis

#324160 Apr 26, 2014
You forgot to give attribution, thief:
http://www.nrlc.org/archive/abortion/ASMF/asm...

Yes, the national right to life council.

Now be a good boy and go give me some facts about African-Americans from the KKK site.
SevenTee wrote:
Despite the use of local anesthesia, a full 97% of women having abortions reported experiencing pain during the procedure,[81] which more than a third described as "intense," [82] "severe" or "very severe." [83] Compared to other pains, researchers have rated the pain from abortion as more painful than a bone fracture, about the same as cancer pain, though not as painful as an amputation.[84]
Studies also reveal that younger women tend to find abortion more painful than do older adults,[85] and that patients typically found abortion more painful than their doctors or counselors expected.[86] The use of more powerful general anesthetics can reduce the pain, but significantly increases the risk of cervical injury or uterine perforation.[87]
Complications such as these are common, as are bleeding, hemorrhage,[88] laceration of the cervix,[89] menstrual disturbance,[90] inflammation of the reproductive organs,[91] bladder or bowel perforation,[92] and serious infection.[93]
Even more harmful long term physical complications from abortion may surface later. For example, overzealous currettage can damage the lining of the uterus and lead to permanent infertility.[94] Overall, women who have abortions face an increased risk of ectopic (tubal) pregnancy [95] and a more than doubled risk of future sterility.[96] Perhaps most important of all, the risk of these sorts of complications, along with risks of future miscarriage, increase with each subsequent abortion.[97]
The particular type and severity of complications depend a great deal on the experience of the abortionist and the particular abortion method used. Given that most abortions are performed at abortion clinics rather than by a woman’s regular ob-gyn,[98] the doctor performing the abortion is likely to be a stranger of whose skill and experience a woman knows very little.[99] Such things as an inadequate gynecologic examination prior to the operation, the carelessness of the abortionist, or the retention of fetal and placental tissue can all bring on complications. These kinds of complications can usually be treated and generally subside (though not always),[100] but few women ever return to the clinics for crucial post-operative examinations.[101]
There is strong evidence that abortion increases the risk of breast cancer. A study of more than 1,800 women appearing in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute in 1994 found that overall, women having abortions increased their risk of getting breast cancer before age 45 by 50%. For women under 18 with no previous pregnancies, having an abortion after the 8th week increased the risk of breast cancer 800%. Women with a family history of breast cancer fared even worse. All 12 women participating in the study who had abortions before 18 and had a family history of breast cancer themselves got cancer before age 45.[102]
Of course, death of the mother is the most serious of all complications. Over 200 women have died from legal abortions since 1973.[103] The risk of death increases according to the duration of pregnancy [104] and the complexity of the abortion technique employed.[105]

Indianapolis

#324161 Apr 26, 2014
nd I'm sure they're just CRUSHED that you don't like them.
Drifting to sleep wrote:
Unless the abortion is for a rape, incest, or a dire medical emergency I think women who get abortions are completely disgusting. I don't think women who get abortions are good people.

Indianapolis

#324162 Apr 26, 2014
If you make a decision, it's up to you to live with it. Regretting it for your entire life is childish; accept it and move on.

If I ran donations for a clinic and some a-hole donates money that is to be used only for one race, I thank hem, cash the check, and use it to BENEFIT those people. The donor's motives are irrelevant to the goal of helping your clientele.

Which "abortion pill". BTW--every abortifacient, like every other prescribed pharmaceutical, has the potential for side-effects. Those are explained at the time you get them, and they are reiterated in the packaging. If you take them, you accept the risks. And this is from someone who is every doctor's nightmare; I'm far more likely than most people to experience those side-effects to a dangerous degree.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Come again? No, it's actually nothing like purchasing a home that you cannot afford. Really? No, really>>really? I couldn't care less what home a person purchases, even if they cannot afford it. Check into some of the hidden camera's in clinics. You'll find a lot of answers there. They. Do. Not. Care.
Listen to them take donations to go towards the abortion of a specific race. Listen as they blatantly lie to the women as to what is going to happen. Read and find out that the "abortion pill" has huge and common side-effects that leave women lying in their bathroom floors really believing that they're dying. Listen to 911 recordings of them "beating around the bush" in an attempt to protect themselves, instead of the women lying in their clinic hemorrhaging. I don't know what else you people are searching for to convince yourselves this is ok, & that they really do care about women? Even clinic workers end up leaving, & "turning a new page" so to speak, because of the horrors they've encountered. Again, do any of you see Pro-Lifers experience the bloody mess, and decide, ya know what, I actually like this? NO, but you see all kinds who are in the industry having a change of heart.

Indianapolis

#324163 Apr 26, 2014
Taking a drive doesn't mean you agree to get t-boned on the street. But if it happens, you can still have doctors fix the damages you suffer (even if the accident is your fault.)
4life wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, a lot of people engage in sex, not because they want a baby, but for other reasons. With that being said, if you don't know the risks involved with such pleasure, then you're probably too young to take that risk.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324164 Apr 26, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
nd I'm sure they're just CRUSHED that you don't like them.
<quoted text>
Im sure women that have an abortion don't really care about anything or anyone. I don't really care what they think or how they feel, they're garbage.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#324165 Apr 26, 2014
"Drifting to sleep"
Im sure women that have an abortion don't really care about anything or anyone. I don't really care what they think or how they feel, they're garbage.
==========
WOW!!!!! could you be anymore pro life? or xtain? or douchebag? i'll bet you can
4life

Charleston, WV

#324166 Apr 26, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"4life "
Ummm, ok? Lol
Yes, Sir, there is a difference in worrying about what my neighbors are doing than what my own children are doing, but what does that have to do with anything? >cough>cough>ramble much>>cough. Excuse me, I must have a cold
==========
silly fool the rambling came from your moronic thoughts in your delusional post
.=========
Anyway, I know there are differences in a lot of things, but when speaking about being "nosy," I pointed out that, when it comes to caring for a child's life, any child, that is a wee bit different than looking out a window to watch your neighbors
==========
there again for the challenged "no children are involved" i'll bet you are the nosy neighbor ,looking out the windows..... involving yourself in things that aren't your business
Bless your heart, you aren't even able to tell the difference in nosy, and pro-life. If that's the case, then I would have to say that it's none of your business if a women wants an abortion, but cannot get one. Her body, her "problem," eh? Nothing for you to concern yourself with, now is it? Another whoopsie>>>>becaus e you have concerned yourself greatly with it. Like, omg, you're soooooo nosy. Haha
4life

Charleston, WV

#324167 Apr 26, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
If there's a medical procedure that's attractive to watch let me know. BTW--most abortions comprise little more than inserting a tube and sucking the peanut-sized embryo/fetus out. It's quick, to the point, and no cutting involved.
<quoted text>
Is that how it was preformed when they aborted your logic?
Never said any procedure was fun to watch, but if ever I walk in to get a procedure, and they withhold info from me, I'm going to wonder why.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#324168 Apr 26, 2014
"4life " spouted a delightful and totally delusional word salad

Bless your heart, you aren't even able to tell the difference in nosy, and pro-life. If that's the case, then I would have to say that it's none of your business if a women wants an abortion, but cannot get one. Her body, her "problem," eh? Nothing for you to concern yourself with, now is it? Another whoopsie>>>>becaus e you have concerned yourself greatly with it. Like, omg, you're soooooo nosy. Haha
==========
aww keep your hollow blessings to yourself, pro life=anti choice,forced birth=nosy....its a womans choice,not mine,and surely not YOURS
4life

Charleston, WV

#324169 Apr 26, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
If you make a decision, it's up to you to live with it. Regretting it for your entire life is childish; accept it and move on.
If I ran donations for a clinic and some a-hole donates money that is to be used only for one race, I thank hem, cash the check, and use it to BENEFIT those people. The donor's motives are irrelevant to the goal of helping your clientele.
Which "abortion pill". BTW--every abortifacient, like every other prescribed pharmaceutical, has the potential for side-effects. Those are explained at the time you get them, and they are reiterated in the packaging. If you take them, you accept the risks. And this is from someone who is every doctor's nightmare; I'm far more likely than most people to experience those side-effects to a dangerous degree.
<quoted text>
So you just admitted that it would be okie dokie with you if a white supremacist called and made a donation to abort black babies. I wondered why there weren't many Pro-Lifers on here, now I know why. This is like, the bottom of the barrel, even for Pro-Choice.
No conscious. No morals. No accountability for ones own actions. No logic. Just, no nothing. Whatever helps yourself, but hurts others, just do it. It makes sense now. No different than talking to a brick wall. Excuses for everything, disguised as "reasons". Excuses. Words. Excuses. Words.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324170 Apr 26, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Drifting to sleep"
==========
WOW!!!!! could you be anymore pro life? or xtain? or douchebag? i'll bet you can
I bet he can too....wanna watch with me?

Here, I have popcorn....would you like some?

This should be good....
Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324171 Apr 26, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>So you just admitted that it would be okie dokie with you if a white supremacist called and made a donation to abort black babies. I wondered why there weren't many Pro-Lifers on here, now I know why. This is like, the bottom of the barrel, even for Pro-Choice.
No conscious. No morals. No accountability for ones own actions. No logic. Just, no nothing. Whatever helps yourself, but hurts others, just do it. It makes sense now. No different than talking to a brick wall. Excuses for everything, disguised as "reasons". Excuses. Words. Excuses. Words.
Yeah....like 'abortion' and 'murder' and 'morality' and 'hypocrisy' and 'contraception' and 'responsible' and 'selfish' and 'body' and and 'obtuseness' and 'complacency', and 'Monsters'.

Just a bunch of stupid words....
4life

Charleston, WV

#324172 Apr 26, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"4life " spouted a delightful and totally delusional word salad
==========
aww keep your hollow blessings to yourself, pro life=anti choice,forced birth=nosy....its a womans choice,not mine,and surely not YOURS
Ruh Roe (v Wade) are you trying to tell me what to do? Isn't that against your own personal beliefs? It's not your business, but it's surely not mine. Lol
Something tells me you would have been one who was ok with slavery, ya know, since it was legal and all. I don't need to be a government minion when it comes to telling me what's right, and what's wrong.
4life

Charleston, WV

#324173 Apr 26, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Taking a drive doesn't mean you agree to get t-boned on the street. But if it happens, you can still have doctors fix the damages you suffer (even if the accident is your fault.)
<quoted text>
What happens when it's not your fault, but the doctor kills you anyway?

Since: Mar 14

Lakewood, WA

#324174 Apr 26, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Ruh Roe (v Wade) are you trying to tell me what to do? Isn't that against your own personal beliefs? It's not your business, but it's surely not mine. Lol
Something tells me you would have been one who was ok with slavery, ya know, since it was legal and all. I don't need to be a government minion when it comes to telling me what's right, and what's wrong.
Neither do pregnant women. That's why Roe v Wade set things up that individual pregnant women determine individual pregnancies without input from the gov't, the clergy, or nosy parkers like you.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324176 Apr 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard somewhere they invented birth control for sluts.
Sluts don't care about personal responsibility. They just want to party and screw all the time. If they get pregnant they will just get a free abortion and be ready to go at it again that night.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324178 Apr 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard somewhere they invented birth control for sluts.
I heard somewhere they invented castration for rapists.

It didn't catch on. Too many rapists complained.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324179 Apr 26, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
Sluts don't care about personal responsibility. They just want to party and screw all the time. If they get pregnant they will just get a free abortion and be ready to go at it again that night.
Fetus worshipers don't care about personal responsibility. They just want the right to demand everyone ELSE assume personal responsibility for gestation, so that the fertile among us are obliged to gestate for the infertile, upping the odds that the inferts will have more neonates to choose from...more of a chance to find the 'perfect kid'.

Pardon me, while I puke.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324180 Apr 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry laws are morality based.
For example there are laws against: murder, stealing, forgery, assault, child abuse, rape, drug abuse, drunk driving etc.
This is because it is wrong to do those things which is by definition morality.
You are walking down the street, and smell smoke. You follow the scent to a burning building.....your apartment. You realize that your niece is burning in the yard your daughter is in her bedroom, and your petri dish full of embryos is in the freezer.

Is it more moral to put your niece out, before you save your daughter, or to run and grab the petri dish, or to rush up the stairs to save your daughter, and burn to death yourself....?

Annnnnnnnnnnnd Go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JRB 1,704,920
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Bill Dunning 12,215
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Chosen Traveler 35,540
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,803
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec '17 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web