Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313383 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#324125 Apr 25, 2014
owwwwww my eyes hurt again ... owww (poof)

Since: Mar 14

Lakewood, WA

#324126 Apr 25, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, and happy Friday to you too KatieKatieKatie. I'm reading, but not posting (not really reading or posting, but whatever).
Elise, and Bitner put me on to some wild goose chase with the help of CPete, and a few others..... wait,,,, I guess everyone really SO...(unfortunately I can't spend the time I want to here, try not to get too upset over that).
I did take CPete's advice and am causing the mayhem, and debauchery on the sites that so obviously need it......((sigh))
:D
:D
What wild goose chase? Where're you posting now? Raising all kinds of hell, I imagine...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324127 Apr 25, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Youve confused me with someone who screams, "Don't have sex."
I never once said that. I know that isn't possible. I know that isn't the solution. I also know that I didn't read much of yours, either, because again, killing is wrong. It's barbaric. Most of you do not actually care about women, or their reproductive "rights". That's why you fight against restrictions that would make clinics safer. That's why you don't care that so many women have been physically and emotionally scarred from it.
What restrictions are you speaking of, that would make clinics safer?

Sorry, but to your last line -- folks gotta live with the consequences of their choices. In this case, a choice that is unforced and legal. Kinda like taking out a mortgage you can't afford. When the foreclosure and eviction come, you shouldn't be surprised.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324128 Apr 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OK then why not kill the child 1 day prior to birth?
Or how about 1 second before birth?
This is not a legal issue it is a moral issue.
Most women suffer emotionally and physically for the rest of their lives when they are forced by society into abortions in a moment of weakness
Forced by society? That's rich.

A moment of weakness? Her cross to bear. It's not like she didn't have a ...wait for it....

CHOICE.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324129 Apr 25, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Welcome back, CD!
And to elise, good to see you again :)
NAP? Your posts deserve a big hand!
Where's Chicky??
Hello to those reading, but not posting. Happy Friday :-D
Happy Friday, Katie!

Lakewood, WA

#324132 Apr 25, 2014
And here I thought copying and pasting without valid links went against TOS. Guess not for some.

<shrug>

Lakewood, WA

#324133 Apr 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
All laws boil down to morality or right and wrong.
I do not know what you mean by proof? But there are literally thousands of studies I can point to that show the emotional and physical damage done to Women because of their abortions.
This is not about me or you it is about protecting children who are about to be butchered into pieces or sucked into a vacuum. Try not to be so selfish
This is most definitely about me and other women who have been or will become pregnant. Not sure about your gender, so not sure if it's about you at all. If you're female, it's most definitely about you, too. As for not being selfish, I've raised female children and have female grandchildren whose futures are worth considering so they're not denied their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. The PLM and its followers are clearly the selfish ones from my perspective. These are people who use blatant manipulation to pull heartstrings in order to affect emotion over strangers' pregnancies and what becomes of same. As if it was anybody's business.

As for proof, please provide proof of your very own claim that Second, show scientific medical proof that "Most women suffer emotionally and physically for the rest of their lives when they are forced by society into abortions in a moment of weakness[.]"

Your plagiarized copy and paste leaves a lot to be desired. How about this proof?

"Read enough of the "testimonies" on websites devoted to this mission, and you start to see a pattern: that no matter what other, very real stress may have been occurring in a woman's life -- an abusive partner, economic hardship, substance abuse -- any regret or pain she carries from that time can be explained by one single act, apart from and untouched by anything else. These narratives hold that abortion is the beginning, middle, and end of a woman's problem, and it's not hard to see why such a stunningly simplistic and intellectually lazy explanation has won support from anti-choice politicians and activists. After all, according to this line of thinking, all a woman must do to feel better is apologize and atone -- or, better yet, assume that the very specific circumstances of one individual's life can be extrapolated and writ large onto someone else's life, and try to keep other women from having their full range of reproductive choices."

<snip>

"As the UCSF study indicates, the majority of women that chose abortion did not regret their choice. Of course, that means that some did. Likewise, some women surveyed that were unable to access abortion care regretted not being able to have the procedure, and others that continued their pregnancies were relieved that they did. These findings remind me of the perspective of a pro-choice activist that I spoke with several years ago, who mused, "The emotionally honest approach is to acknowledge the ambivalence, to acknowledge all of the complex bouquet of feelings and emotions that comes out of this decision. That's the emotionally honest approach."

But in this summer of 20-week abortion bans and TRAP laws, emotional honesty seems to be in short supply. As the Republican Party makes no secret of its desire to demonize a legal medical service in an effort to appeal to its increasingly disillusioned base, any reminders that abortion is a wanted service belie their claim to care about pregnant women. Indeed, studies like the one from UCSF would seem to be the GOP's worst nightmare: a reputable reminder that all the fear-mongering of the anti-choice movement isn't actually true."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sarah-erdreich/...

Lakewood, WA

#324134 Apr 25, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Friday, Katie!

(I think my youngest created this page. Can you find out for me?)
Bruceox1962

Daytona Beach, FL

#324135 Apr 25, 2014
Kill everything,right?
Tom wrote:
So exactly who is going to care for and raise the children who's mothers know better than to think they can succesfully raise a healthy baby? The Pro-Life Activists? I think not. Instead of wasting so much time causing near traffic accidents with your goofy signs, why not volunteer to care for the children who's mothers abandoned them rather than abort?
Pro-Lifers have no right to tell people what to do with their bodies and their lives.
I am an advocate of safe sex (abstinence is unrealistic). However, for the young girls out there that are torn by the decision of what to do during pregnancy, listen to and follow your heart.. not these wackadoo extremists that think they have any right to choose for you.
At the same time, for those with multiple abortions, get your tubes tied.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324136 Apr 25, 2014
Unless the abortion is for a rape, incest, or a dire medical emergency I think women who get abortions are completely disgusting. I don't think women who get abortions are good people.
ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ z

Torrance, CA

#324137 Apr 25, 2014
Snooze fest

Location hidden

#324138 Apr 25, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
Unless the abortion is for a rape, incest, or a dire medical emergency I think women who get abortions are completely disgusting. I don't think women who get abortions are good people.
Alright then, I'm going to call you on something then. What makes a 'product' of rape any less deserving for a chance of life 'outside' than one coming into existence the ole fashioned way? What the mother believes is best for her?

You get to pick and choose what's okay, and what's not? I wonder what a child/later adult that is the product of rape, and knows it, would say to that? My guess is "You wouldn't blame her, huh? Thank you Buddy, like my chances weren't already low enough."

If you're going to say it's okay because of this, but not okay because of that, kinda makes you a hypocrite towards all life.

Location hidden

#324141 Apr 25, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
What wild goose chase? Where're you posting now? Raising all kinds of hell, I imagine...
lol, you know it!

I'm actually all over the place. I don't have one particular place that I post on. Not as regular as this one. I'm a fly by Troll. I say a bunch of stuff, take off, and never return (which in my opinion are the most controlled, gifted trolls). I'm sorry that you're not as blessed here, and that I'm not a fly by here. You can still dream, I can't take those away from you. ;)
SevenTee

Henderson, KY

#324143 Apr 26, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced by society? That's rich.
A moment of weakness? Her cross to bear. It's not like she didn't have a ...wait for it....
CHOICE.
The Man and Woman made their CHOICE to have their child in the bedroom

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#324144 Apr 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Man and Woman made their CHOICE to have their child in the bedroom
My apologies for being so blunt, but when on earth are you folks going to recognize that choosing to engage in sexual intercourse does not necessarily translate into choosing to have a child?
I realize many of you want to view this through a black-and-white viewfinder, but reality not only has a full spectrum of colors, but infinite shades of gray.
There are many reasons men and women choose to engage in sexual relations, and a lot of them have nothing to do with creating offspring.
4life

Charleston, WV

#324145 Apr 26, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"4life "
There's a difference in worrying about what your neighbors are doing, than worrying about a child's life. How is that too hard to understand?
==========
whats so hard about "its none of your !@# business"? again NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
Ummm, ok? Lol
Yes, Sir, there is a difference in worrying about what my neighbors are doing than what my own children are doing, but what does that have to do with anything? >cough>cough>ramble much>>cough. Excuse me, I must have a cold.
Anyway, I know there are differences in a lot of things, but when speaking about being "nosy," I pointed out that, when it comes to caring for a child's life, any child, that is a wee bit different than looking out a window to watch your neighbors.
4life

Charleston, WV

#324146 Apr 26, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What restrictions are you speaking of, that would make clinics safer?
Sorry, but to your last line -- folks gotta live with the consequences of their choices. In this case, a choice that is unforced and legal. Kinda like taking out a mortgage you can't afford. When the foreclosure and eviction come, you shouldn't be surprised.
Come again? No, it's actually nothing like purchasing a home that you cannot afford. Really? No, really>>really? I couldn't care less what home a person purchases, even if they cannot afford it. Check into some of the hidden camera's in clinics. You'll find a lot of answers there. They. Do. Not. Care.
Listen to them take donations to go towards the abortion of a specific race. Listen as they blatantly lie to the women as to what is going to happen. Read and find out that the "abortion pill" has huge and common side-effects that leave women lying in their bathroom floors really believing that they're dying. Listen to 911 recordings of them "beating around the bush" in an attempt to protect themselves, instead of the women lying in their clinic hemorrhaging. I don't know what else you people are searching for to convince yourselves this is ok, & that they really do care about women? Even clinic workers end up leaving, & "turning a new page" so to speak, because of the horrors they've encountered. Again, do any of you see Pro-Lifers experience the bloody mess, and decide, ya know what, I actually like this? NO, but you see all kinds who are in the industry having a change of heart.
4life

Charleston, WV

#324147 Apr 26, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for being so blunt, but when on earth are you folks going to recognize that choosing to engage in sexual intercourse does not necessarily translate into choosing to have a child?
I realize many of you want to view this through a black-and-white viewfinder, but reality not only has a full spectrum of colors, but infinite shades of gray.
There are many reasons men and women choose to engage in sexual relations, and a lot of them have nothing to do with creating offspring.
You're right, a lot of people engage in sex, not because they want a baby, but for other reasons. With that being said, if you don't know the risks involved with such pleasure, then you're probably too young to take that risk.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324150 Apr 26, 2014
There are plenty of women who never get over their miscarriages, either. That's what therapy is for. But the vast majority of women who abort have no such problem.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>BAM! Just like that, you accidentally admitted this has nothing to do with your desire to protect women. Who thinks safer clinics is ridiculous and unreasonable? I know plenty of facts, but I don't need 4 million "words" to say that killing unborn children is barbaric. Call it whatever you want (interesting how some call it CIVIL rights--nothing civil about murder) it does not change the FACT that killing is WRONG.
I don't know whether to be shocked, horrified, or both by the "fact" (there's ya another one, right over there--that fact you wanted) that you don't know of all the atrocious stories out there of devastated women who never got over their abortion.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324151 Apr 26, 2014
For many women/couples, the idea of bearing a child that will suffer all its life, and/or die slowly (which is what usually happen to kids born with seizure disorders) is unbearably cruel. For many people, quality of life is just as important as the existence of it. And they have the right to that opinion.

There is no such thing as a healthy pregnancy; there are only pregnancies that do minimal damage. Nor are therapeutic abortions performed only when the woman is going to die; a pregnancy can threaten a woman's health on any level and be condoned on medical grounds. On the other hand, neither her pregnancy nor her decision concerning it are any of your business.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the term of endearment. I really am a sweetheart.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'unhealthy pregnancy' though. Less than 1% of women would have died from the pregnancy, or at least, that's what they were told. 55 million babies have been aborted. Do the Math. Seems a lot of those babies weren't sacrificed for their mothers life. 95% of women who were denied abortion went on to have happy lives. Turns out, they didn't need PP to be their knight and Shiny Instruments.
Or do you mean the baby isn't healthy, or "perfect," as determined by our twisted society? I've never looked at a disabled child and thought they were not as worthy to have their life as I mine.
What about the Kindergarten teacher who chose to kill her baby at 32 weeks, because it might have a seizure disorder? Had she not been brainwashed into thinking that's the only way, I could almost guarantee that she, her husband, and their little girl would be living the life right now. They probably would have fallen in love with their little girl, and they'd be goo'ing at her every move.
Why didn't that happen? Why did it instead end up a bloody, senseless, horrific death for them both? A lot of women are coming out, and they're educating on their true experience. Things are changing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Well Well 1,497,797
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Heretic 11,024
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Thu Worker 289
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Feb 22 ResidentPhartx 32,756
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Feb 21 TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Feb 21 waaasssuuup 258,484
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web