Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312808 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324072 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
To Not a Playa (I can see why, btw),
Ruh Roe (versus Wade,) you've caught me. You're exactly right. As a women myself, my true intentions are to oppress women by telling them killing their children is wrong. Wow. I was wondering when someone was gonna catch on to that.
Did any of you see the horrible story on the news today? There were thousands of women who died in a back alley last week. Oh wait, I didn't see that story, either, because you're full of it. I did see the story about 55 million babies (or fetuses, that's just for you, Elise) being killed.
I hate that there are children who are poor, have deadbeat parents, have a disability that makes them feel "different," but here's the really crazy part, I've never looked at any of them, and thought to myself, "wow, you don't deserve to be here!"
Sorry that you do, but I don't. I think that means I have a heart, or something like that.
And let's stop with the "words" used to beat around the bush (this bush has been beat to death as it is). I am also against abusing children, therefore I do not do that, but I would NOT stand there and do nothing if I saw another person doing it. Dang having it heart. It makes me care for others. You're lucky. Worrying about others takes a lot of energy.
Gee, Sassy, did they ban you AGAIN?

Next...
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324073 Apr 24, 2014
The ol "make her feel as though she's unimportant" bit. "Neeeext!" Where do you come up with such advanced psychology?
Anyway, get on top of googling those AVP's. Warning: The "thump thump" sensation you may feel in your chest is called---a heart. I know, I'm smart like that.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#324074 Apr 24, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about, hon?
Ask Noah, luv.

Obviously playing stupid is NOT a violation of Topix TOS.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#324075 Apr 24, 2014
"4life "
Worrying about others takes a lot of energy.
==========
(translated) I'm a busybody,sticking my nose into other peoples business

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324076 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
The ol "make her feel as though she's unimportant" bit. "Neeeext!" Where do you come up with such advanced psychology?
Anyway, get on top of googling those AVP's. Warning: The "thump thump" sensation you may feel in your chest is called---a heart. I know, I'm smart like that.
If you feel unimportant, that's on you.

"No one can make you feel bad about yourself, unless you let them." -Eleanor Roosevelt.
Hope your day is peachy, Sass.

Next....

Since: Mar 14

Lakewood, WA

#324077 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
Elise, ummmm actually, a lot of people claim it's not living, the ones who do not, admit that it is living, but they just don't care to kill it.
There is a difference between the noun LIVING and the verb LIVING. Perhaps your brainwashed mind might take that into consideration when learning which description applies to the embryo/fetus.
Btw---I understand you prefer the term "fetus," instead of baby, & that's fine with me. Fetus is Latin for "offspring," and offspring is (drum rolllllll, please) baby.
Speaking of embryo/fetus and your brainwashed mind, why don't you take into consideration your associative belief that fetus = baby = offspring just might be inaccurate?

"fe·tus noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\

: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born

Full Definition of FETUS

: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth

<snip>

Origin of FETUS

Middle English, from Latin, act of bearing young, offspring; akin to Latin fetus newly delivered, fruitful — more at feminine
First Known Use: 14th century"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fet...

"1ba·by noun \&#712;b&#257;-b&# 275;\

: a very young child

: a very young animal

: the youngest member of a group

plural babies

Full Definition of BABY

a (1): an extremely young child; especially : infant (2): an extremely young animal

b : the youngest of a group

a : one that is like a baby (as in behavior)

b : something that is one's special responsibility, achievement, or interest

slang

a : girl, woman —often used in address

b : boy, man —often used in address

: person, thing <is one tough baby>

<snip>

Origin of BABY

Middle English, from babe
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bab...

"off·spring noun \&#712;o&#775;f-&# 716;spri&#331;\

: a person's child

: the young of an animal or plant

plural offspring also offsprings

Full Definition of OFFSPRING

a : the product of the reproductive processes of an animal or plant : young, progeny

b : child

a : product, result <scholarly manuscripts—the labored offsprings of PhDs — Donna Martin>

b : offshoot 1a

<snip>

Origin of OFFSPRING

Middle English ofspring, from Old English, from of off + springan to spring

First Known Use: before 12th century"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/off...

As Cptr and others keep saying -- words have meanings. Learn these. Then maybe you can stop wringing your hands over your ineffective attempts at controlling other women's pregnancies.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324078 Apr 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not to put too fine a point on it, but if a person's passion is to end abortion, criminalizing the procedure is useless. Finger wagging and slut-shaming is useless. And restricting it to the point where it's nearly impossible to obtain one safely, in a sterile environment, by qualified personnel, is so short-sighted as to be effectively blind.
Abortion isn't going anywhere until the CAUSES of abortion are eradicated.
(Well, if you have your way, it will go underground, and become the sole province, once again, of the hacks, quacks, and butchers who proliferated in the days between 1889 and 1973....) but that's not 'eradicating abortion'.
Is it.
No, you and I both know that 'ending abortion' is not your passion. Your passion lies in obliging every woman to fit your definition of 'moral', regardless of the consequences to women who get pregnant and don't want children....or more children....or horribly compromised children....or poverty-stricken children....or anything other than sex.
If you REALLY wanted to eradicate abortion, you'd be standing on street corners advocating free and available CONTRACEPTION. You'd be tirelessly working to see that children aren't born into poverty. You'd be making damn sure that women were educated well enough to SUPPORT the children they bear, even if the men fathering those children disappear - and you'd be banging down the walls of every courthouse to make sure there was no such thing as a deadbeat dad, with as much vigor as you go after women who make reproductive choices of which you don't approve.
But you're not doing even ONE of those vitally important things....you're sitting here, whinging about strangers making reproductive decisions which have NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, regardless of her eventual decision.
It's not abortion you're worried about - it's the fact that you don't get to tell others what to do with our bodies.
Get the hell over it, and worry about your own.
Next....
Fantastic post.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324079 Apr 24, 2014
Since we stopped speaking Latin centuries ago, the only meaningful definition is the modern medical one, which specifically refers to a stage of development of oviparous mammals while gestating inside the female.
4life wrote:
Elise, ummmm actually, a lot of people claim it's not living, the ones who do not, admit that it is living, but they just don't care to kill it.
Btw---I understand you prefer the term "fetus," instead of baby, & that's fine with me. Fetus is Latin for "offspring," and offspring is (drum rolllllll, please) baby.

Indianapolis

#324080 Apr 24, 2014
And I haven't seen a story about millions of women not understanding abortion and calling on ignorant zombie-carpenterians to explain it to them.
4life wrote:
Ruh Roe (versus Wade,) you've caught me. You're exactly right. As a women myself, my true intentions are to oppress women by telling them killing their children is wrong. Wow. I was wondering when someone was gonna catch on to that.
Did any of you see the horrible story on the news today? There were thousands of women who died in a back alley last week. Oh wait, I didn't see that story, either, because you're full of it. I did see the story about 55 million babies (or fetuses, that's just for you, Elise) being killed.
I hate that there are children who are poor, have deadbeat parents, have a disability that makes them feel "different," but here's the really crazy part, I've never looked at any of them, and thought to myself, "wow, you don't deserve to be here!"
Sorry that you do, but I don't. I think that means I have a heart, or something like that.
And let's stop with the "words" used to beat around the bush (this bush has been beat to death as it is). I am also against abusing children, therefore I do not do that, but I would NOT stand there and do nothing if I saw another person doing it. Dang having it heart. It makes me care for others. You're lucky. Worrying about others takes a lot of energy.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#324081 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
You missed? the point. Err, pointS. Yeah, you ignored alluvem.

Look, no matter how you want to frame it, pregnant women's civil rights are central to this discussion.

You can scream and shout "Don't have sex! Don't have sex if you don't want to be pregnant!", but you know that tactic has never worked in all of human history. So, maybe, just maybe, you should consider the suggestions NAP outlined for you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#324083 Apr 24, 2014
Anybody report this?

Oregon, Dead Babies From Canada, And Obama Conservation.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...

Even though there is now a stay of execution from officials of an energy plant in Oregon reportedly burning aborted babies from Canada to generate electricity, blame government-funded environmentalists of the day and their their main ‘Panderer in chief’ President Barack Obama for a coming trend that allows burning babies for electricity.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/04/23/energy-pla...

Energy Plant in Oregon Burning Aborted Babies From Canada to Generate Electricity

by Steven Ertelt | Vancouver, Canada | LifeNews.com | 4/23/14 4:03 PM

An energy plant in Oregon is reportedly burning aborted babies from Canada to generate electricity. UPDATE: Local officials say they will stop the practice while they look into the situation.
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324084 Apr 24, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"4life "
Worrying about others takes a lot of energy.
==========
(translated) I'm a busybody,sticking my nose into other peoples business
Worrying about children ='s "nosy". Wow.
Self-absorbed to that extent should be a disease.
There's a difference in worrying about what your neighbors are doing, than worrying about a child's life. How is that too hard to understand?
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324085 Apr 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If you feel unimportant, that's on you.
"No one can make you feel bad about yourself, unless you let them." -Eleanor Roosevelt.
Hope your day is peachy, Sass.
Next....
ummm, ok then. Pretend as though you did not "get" it. Or wait, maybe you really didn't. That's ok, too. One day. One. Day.
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324086 Apr 24, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between the noun LIVING and the verb LIVING. Perhaps your brainwashed mind might take that into consideration when learning which description applies to the embryo/fetus.
<quoted text>
Speaking of embryo/fetus and your brainwashed mind, why don't you take into consideration your associative belief that fetus = baby = offspring just might be inaccurate?
"fe·tus noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\
: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born
Full Definition of FETUS
: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth
<snip>
Origin of FETUS
Middle English, from Latin, act of bearing young, offspring; akin to Latin fetus newly delivered, fruitful — more at feminine
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fet...
"1ba·by noun \&#712;b&#257;-b&# 275;\
: a very young child
: a very young animal
: the youngest member of a group
plural babies
Full Definition of BABY
a (1): an extremely young child; especially : infant (2): an extremely young animal
b : the youngest of a group
a : one that is like a baby (as in behavior)
b : something that is one's special responsibility, achievement, or interest
slang
a : girl, woman —often used in address
b : boy, man —often used in address
: person, thing <is one tough baby>
<snip>
Origin of BABY
Middle English, from babe
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bab...
"off·spring noun \&#712;o&#775;f-&# 716;spri&#331;\
: a person's child
: the young of an animal or plant
plural offspring also offsprings
Full Definition of OFFSPRING
a : the product of the reproductive processes of an animal or plant : young, progeny
b : child
a : product, result <scholarly manuscripts—the labored offsprings of PhDs — Donna Martin>
b : offshoot 1a
<snip>
Origin of OFFSPRING
Middle English ofspring, from Old English, from of off + springan to spring
First Known Use: before 12th century"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/off...
As Cptr and others keep saying -- words have meanings. Learn these. Then maybe you can stop wringing your hands over your ineffective attempts at controlling other women's pregnancies.
I cannot tell a lie. I did not even read 3 sentences of your response.
Words. Words. More words.
At the end of the words, killing a baby is wrong. Gross!
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324087 Apr 24, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed? the point. Err, pointS. Yeah, you ignored alluvem.
Look, no matter how you want to frame it, pregnant women's civil rights are central to this discussion.
You can scream and shout "Don't have sex! Don't have sex if you don't want to be pregnant!", but you know that tactic has never worked in all of human history. So, maybe, just maybe, you should consider the suggestions NAP outlined for you.
Youve confused me with someone who screams, "Don't have sex."
I never once said that. I know that isn't possible. I know that isn't the solution. I also know that I didn't read much of yours, either, because again, killing is wrong. It's barbaric. Most of you do not actually care about women, or their reproductive "rights". That's why you fight against restrictions that would make clinics safer. That's why you don't care that so many women have been physically and emotionally scarred from it.

Lakewood, WA

#324088 Apr 24, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No reasonable person is against abortion for a Medical reason under the care of a Physician in a Licensed Medical Hospital.
Adoption is the answer for unwanted children. There are millions of people out there that would love to adopt the Child.
Abortion for Birth Control is nothing short of legalized murder. This baby the mother is choosing to murder is living inside of her body. It is not the mother's body it is the Child's body and deserves a chance at life.
Some day the laws will change because people will wake up to the truth about what is going on in the Abortion Mills of America. Planned Parenthood and other abortion mills make big huge $$$$ off the practice and they ain't about to give up the Cash without a fight. And the abortionists do not give a rats a$$ about the mother or her baby.
Other people's children are not commodities for sale to the infertile. Forced adoption is no different than forced abortion. Civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy mean one person at a time makes a decision to accept or reject a medical condition or medical procedure. None of your fluffy words changes this.

Until the newborn is outside the womb, he/she has no civil rights established. Just like the rest of us living in this country. Would you prefer to live in another country without civil rights? Where the gov't chooses for you? Forces you to abort or adopt out against your will?

Didn't think so. So stop wanting it for other American women.

Lakewood, WA

#324089 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot tell a lie. I did not even read 3 sentences of your response.
Words. Words. More words.
At the end of the words, killing a baby is wrong. Gross!
And that's why you don't know that words have actual meanings. I see 7yr olds reading the dictionary. Guess they're smarter than you, huhn.

At the end, forcing pregnant women to deny their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy -- to accept/reject a medical condition or procedure -- is what's gross. Selfish. Disrespectful. Ludicrous.

But you go on your ignorant merry way. Just don't get in mine.

Lakewood, WA

#324090 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>Youve confused me with someone who screams, "Don't have sex."
I never once said that. I know that isn't possible. I know that isn't the solution. I also know that I didn't read much of yours, either, because again, killing is wrong. It's barbaric. Most of you do not actually care about women, or their reproductive "rights". That's why you fight against restrictions that would make clinics safer. That's why you don't care that so many women have been physically and emotionally scarred from it.
You can lie to yourself and think "nobody cares!". Or you can learn some facts. There's nothing proving women are physically and emotionally scarred from terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies.

What is proven are the circumstances surrounding the decision to terminate unhealthy/unwanted pregnancy. And/or an unresolved psychological condition in that same time frame.

As NAP has recently said, deal with those issues -- poverty, free birth control, free daycare, etc., and this country might actually see the annual number of induced abortion continue to go down. You do know the annual number of abortions has been steadily dropping several years now, right? Even before all those ridiculous unreasonable restrictions were put into place. Thank goodness some courts are finding those restriction unconstitutional.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324091 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>ummm, ok then. Pretend as though you did not "get" it. Or wait, maybe you really didn't. That's ok, too. One day. One. Day.
Eventually, fundies always get to the threats..........always.

I get it fine. You don't approve of abortion, but you approve of forced gestation. You don't approve of women killing our children, but when God does it, that's fine. You're heartily in favor of obliging the fertile to gestate for the benefit of the inferts, too. And you don't approve of me.

That about cover it?

Next....

Indianapolis

#324092 Apr 24, 2014
That's hilarious!

Biomedical waste is any biological tissue OR ITS CONTAINERS (used blood bags, syringes), including amputated limbs, and even aborted fetuses Who cares? It's no different than burning animal waste. You want it to lay around and rot? Cremation is cremation, toots.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Anybody report this?
Oregon, Dead Babies From Canada, And Obama Conservation.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
Even though there is now a stay of execution from officials of an energy plant in Oregon reportedly burning aborted babies from Canada to generate electricity, blame government-funded environmentalists of the day and their their main ‘Panderer in chief’ President Barack Obama for a coming trend that allows burning babies for electricity.
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/04/23/energy-pla...
Energy Plant in Oregon Burning Aborted Babies From Canada to Generate Electricity
by Steven Ertelt | Vancouver, Canada | LifeNews.com | 4/23/14 4:03 PM
An energy plant in Oregon is reportedly burning aborted babies from Canada to generate electricity. UPDATE: Local officials say they will stop the practice while they look into the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Sicklecell Supporter 1,459,286
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 45 min Trojan 32,609
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 15 hr Go Blue Forever 59
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue ChristineM 258,041
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web