Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312860 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Common Sense

Brooklyn, NY

#324044 Apr 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ah.
So, from this ^^ I gather you're in favor of the characterization of sex as a 'chore'
("...too bad for the FEMALE cat...")
No you dunce. Can you not read ? It's pleasurable for the male and that's all that matters. As Noah said before the jerk was unceremoniously bounced, unilateral pleasure is pleasure nonetheless.
as long as your OWN gender is able to view it otherwise.
Why am I unsurprised by this?
My own gender ? Forget who were talking to there Stinky ?
Next....
You say something totally stupid and which demonstrates you don't know how to read, and then you say "Next" ? What's up with that ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324047 Apr 22, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
My own gender ? Forget who were talking to there Stinky ?
No - I just don't happen to believe you're a female there, Wrinkles.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#324050 Apr 22, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did you bet, stupid ?
What do you think the odds are that Noah doesn't come back for a while, eh ?
Noah who?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#324051 Apr 22, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Noah who?
Clearly it's this guy my dear lady, I mean, whom else could they mean...?

;P

Location hidden

#324052 Apr 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A Fetus is a Human Being
A Newborn is a Human Being
A Baby is a Human Being
A Toddler is a Human Being
A Adolescent is a Human Being
A Teenager is a Human Being
An Adult is a Human Being
An Elderly is a Human Being
This is clear both in the Law and by definition.
Okay, is a fertilized egg a "person" whom, by our Constitution, is granted unalienable "human" rights?
Is a Zygote a person who's granted unalienable "human" rights.
At what point does a biological potentiality become a verifiable "Human Being" whose "rights" happen to "trump" that of the woman gestating her/him...?

Location hidden

#324053 Apr 22, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly it's this guy my dear lady, I mean, whom else could they mean...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oSomiNeUIfYXX
;P
Whoo! Noah's a hottie.
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324054 Apr 22, 2014
dedbebbies wrote:
How Pro-life are you.....really?
Do you defend the lives of fertilized ova which are daily flushed at in vitro fertilization clinics, because their parents find them extraneous?
Do you defend the right of Nadya Suleman (otherwise known as 'Octomom') and others who have large families they cannot support by themselves, to rely on public assistance to house, clothe, feed and provide medical care to the kids?
Do you defend the lives of children in America, who are starving, abused, or abandoned, by protesting overseas adoptions?
Do you defend the lives of children overseas, who are suffering from depredation and drone strikes?
Do you defend the life of those who commit heinous crimes?
Unless you can answer ALL these questions with an unhesitating YES, then you are not "Pro-Life". You are "Pro-fetus" or "Pro-what-life-you-consid er-to-be-important."
(Thought this deserved a repost. "How Pro-life are you?"
Good question.)
I'm sure a lot of Pro-Lifers value all life, but like everything else a person is passionate about, they cannot possibly have the time or resources to accomplish everything you just mentioned.
If a persons passion is to end abortion, and just get the life here in the first place, then so-be-it.
I'm sure there are animal activists out there who care for all animals, yet they zero in on one, because it isn't possible to save all. That is why you try to get the word out, because you need the help of fellow man. What better way to get that help than to be out there spreading the truth.
Oddly enough, all people would need to do is google a picture of an abortion victim. If it is not yet a "person," then why did the abortionist need to stop it's heart? Why did he or she need to pull it's arms and legs off? Why did he or she need to crush it's skull? You don't need to kill what is not living. That should fall under "duh," but unfortunately, many people like to be "right," so they ignore the facts. There are still millions of people living in the days of "information overload" who still believe it is just a "blob of tissue". Wow. I mean, just wow!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324055 Apr 22, 2014
The woman doesn't want to remain pregnant. It's not hard, for christ's sake. And since most abortions occur in the first trimester, they just use a medical ShopVac, no cutting required.
4life wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure a lot of Pro-Lifers value all life, but like everything else a person is passionate about, they cannot possibly have the time or resources to accomplish everything you just mentioned.
If a persons passion is to end abortion, and just get the life here in the first place, then so-be-it.
I'm sure there are animal activists out there who care for all animals, yet they zero in on one, because it isn't possible to save all. That is why you try to get the word out, because you need the help of fellow man. What better way to get that help than to be out there spreading the truth.
Oddly enough, all people would need to do is google a picture of an abortion victim. If it is not yet a "person," then why did the abortionist need to stop it's heart? Why did he or she need to pull it's arms and legs off? Why did he or she need to crush it's skull? You don't need to kill what is not living. That should fall under "duh," but unfortunately, many people like to be "right," so they ignore the facts. There are still millions of people living in the days of "information overload" who still believe it is just a "blob of tissue". Wow. I mean, just wow!

Location hidden

#324056 Apr 22, 2014
4life wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure a lot of Pro-Lifers value all life, but like everything else a person is passionate about, they cannot possibly have the time or resources to accomplish everything you just mentioned.
Nobody has ever said a fetus isn't living. It is true that the fetus isn't a person, yet. And, as has been pointed out, on-demand late-term abortions are uncommon and are illegal in almost all states. The "blob of tissue" you're referencing may be what some regard the embryo at early pregnancy. You're getting your developmental stages mixed up. Anyway, if you're against abortion, no one is expecting you to change your mind about that. If someone tries to force you to abort one of your pregnancies, call the authorities.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#324059 Apr 23, 2014
4life wrote:
Gee, nobody here has ever thought of that!!!!!
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#324060 Apr 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Noah who?
Apparently making outrageously baseless statements and impersonating a lawyer are violations of Topix TOS.

Good riddance.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#324061 Apr 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A Fetus is a Human Being
A Newborn is a Human Being
A Baby is a Human Being
A Toddler is a Human Being
A Adolescent is a Human Being
A Teenager is a Human Being
An Adult is a Human Being
An Elderly is a Human Being
This is clear both in the Law and by definition.
How about an embryo? A zygote? Human beings?
YTube

Marietta, GA

#324063 Apr 23, 2014

*AX to ROOT Prophetic Word -- re: TBN, DayStar & false prophets

http://youtu.be/whemhHwmOlA

Location hidden

#324064 Apr 23, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently making outrageously baseless statements and impersonating a lawyer are violations of Topix TOS.
Good riddance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KESfJNWXqmQXX
What are you talking about, hon?
vicky laster

Eatonton, GA

#324065 Apr 23, 2014
raymond romaon can you witer me back i need to tell you something ok i need you to come over to pick me up ok i love you very much and i will allwayslove you and i will never breake your heart raymond never i want you now

love
vicky laster

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324067 Apr 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
From conception the sperm and egg become a human being.
70, I'm going to be very frank with you - I couldn't care less ... even if the zygote/embryo/fetus IS a human being, it's a human being in MY body, and I am under no moral obligation to risk my life, my health, or my emotional well-being, to let it stay there

Because whether you'd like to admit it or not, EVERY pregnancy poses that risk.

Every
single
one.

Some more than others.

But I've been pregnant eight times - all wanted pregnancies - and I gestated as long as my body could. I've gone through five miscarriages, and an emergency abortion, when the zygote was growing in my fallopian tube, and I became a mother to two beautiful and beloved sons...although, not necessarily in that order....

So stop with the accusations of 'selfishness','immorality' and friggin' CONVENIENCE.
I know what it means to be a mother.

But I also know what it means to be a person - and when a human being is using the body of a woman for its every sustenance, and continuation of its life could be the death of her....? it's not my call to make, whether she lets it stay, or makes it go.

It's not yours either, man.
It's only hers.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324068 Apr 23, 2014
4life wrote:
Not to put too fine a point on it, but if a person's passion is to end abortion, criminalizing the procedure is useless. Finger wagging and slut-shaming is useless. And restricting it to the point where it's nearly impossible to obtain one safely, in a sterile environment, by qualified personnel, is so short-sighted as to be effectively blind.

Abortion isn't going anywhere until the CAUSES of abortion are eradicated.
(Well, if you have your way, it will go underground, and become the sole province, once again, of the hacks, quacks, and butchers who proliferated in the days between 1889 and 1973....) but that's not 'eradicating abortion'.

Is it.

No, you and I both know that 'ending abortion' is not your passion. Your passion lies in obliging every woman to fit your definition of 'moral', regardless of the consequences to women who get pregnant and don't want children....or more children....or horribly compromised children....or poverty-stricken children....or anything other than sex.

If you REALLY wanted to eradicate abortion, you'd be standing on street corners advocating free and available CONTRACEPTION. You'd be tirelessly working to see that children aren't born into poverty. You'd be making damn sure that women were educated well enough to SUPPORT the children they bear, even if the men fathering those children disappear - and you'd be banging down the walls of every courthouse to make sure there was no such thing as a deadbeat dad, with as much vigor as you go after women who make reproductive choices of which you don't approve.

But you're not doing even ONE of those vitally important things....you're sitting here, whinging about strangers making reproductive decisions which have NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, regardless of her eventual decision.

It's not abortion you're worried about - it's the fact that you don't get to tell others what to do with our bodies.

Get the hell over it, and worry about your own.

Next....

Location hidden

#324069 Apr 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
From conception the sperm and egg become a human being.
Yeah, I've heard/read this argument hundreds of times, and I'm terribly sorry, but it's just not an awfully persuasive one that I'm willing to give credence to.

If we take this argument at face-value, then we have to--in light of today's scientific advancements--ask whether or not those embryos that were created artificially are "people."
Look back at my post, I said "people," not "human beings."
Yeah, we're splitting hairs here, but that's ultimately what this whole argument comes down to.
If we take your argument at face-value, then how do we classify all those embryos that are created in IVF clinics?
Are they "people?"
If they're destroyed--as a majority of them are--ought those who run the clinics to be charged with murder?
Where do we draw the proverbial "line?"
Truthfully, I honestly don't know--which is why I'm asking for your input.
If you want to draw the line at where I suspect you want to, then we're looking at some major philosophical/legal difficulties...
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324070 Apr 24, 2014
Elise, ummmm actually, a lot of people claim it's not living, the ones who do not, admit that it is living, but they just don't care to kill it.
Btw---I understand you prefer the term "fetus," instead of baby, & that's fine with me. Fetus is Latin for "offspring," and offspring is (drum rolllllll, please) baby.
4life

Saint Albans, WV

#324071 Apr 24, 2014
To Not a Playa (I can see why, btw),
Ruh Roe (versus Wade,) you've caught me. You're exactly right. As a women myself, my true intentions are to oppress women by telling them killing their children is wrong. Wow. I was wondering when someone was gonna catch on to that.
Did any of you see the horrible story on the news today? There were thousands of women who died in a back alley last week. Oh wait, I didn't see that story, either, because you're full of it. I did see the story about 55 million babies (or fetuses, that's just for you, Elise) being killed.
I hate that there are children who are poor, have deadbeat parents, have a disability that makes them feel "different," but here's the really crazy part, I've never looked at any of them, and thought to myself, "wow, you don't deserve to be here!"
Sorry that you do, but I don't. I think that means I have a heart, or something like that.
And let's stop with the "words" used to beat around the bush (this bush has been beat to death as it is). I am also against abusing children, therefore I do not do that, but I would NOT stand there and do nothing if I saw another person doing it. Dang having it heart. It makes me care for others. You're lucky. Worrying about others takes a lot of energy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Earl 1,460,579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr IB DaMann 258,050
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web