Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322057 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#323747 Apr 16, 2014
That Act concerns only federal land, and also excludes abortion.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick human being with no compassion for the most innocent children.
Children can survive at 26 weeks, you probably want them slaughtered by abortionists using Partial Birth murder.
Unborn Victims of Violence Act should help you understand your confusion about living human beings.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#323748 Apr 17, 2014
More good news for women. North Dakota abortion ban struck down.

"The North Dakota strict ban on abortions at the time when a 'heartbeat' has been detected -- essentially banning all abortions as early as six weeks of pregnancy -- cannot withstand a constitutional challenge," U.S. District Judge Daniel L. Hovland wrote in his decision."A woman's constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy before viability has been recognized by the United States Supreme Court for more than 40 years. The United States Supreme Court has clearly determined the dispositive issue presented in this lawsuit. This court is not free to impose its own view of the law."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/16/us/north-dakota...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323749 Apr 17, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
More good news for women. North Dakota abortion ban struck down.
"The North Dakota strict ban on abortions at the time when a 'heartbeat' has been detected -- essentially banning all abortions as early as six weeks of pregnancy -- cannot withstand a constitutional challenge," U.S. District Judge Daniel L. Hovland wrote in his decision."A woman's constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy before viability has been recognized by the United States Supreme Court for more than 40 years. The United States Supreme Court has clearly determined the dispositive issue presented in this lawsuit. This court is not free to impose its own view of the law."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/16/us/north-dakota...
Great - especially since 'viability' is defined as "...the ability to live outside the womb..."

Which can't be known until birth, by the way - it's not like 'viability' can be ascertained otherwise. There is no specific test for 'viability,' other than 'birth'. And there is no specific 'date' at which 'viability' has been established. Therefore, time restrictions on abortion should be recognized as Unconstitutional.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323750 Apr 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Children can survive at 26 weeks, you probably want them slaughtered by abortionists using Partial Birth murder.
Unborn Victims of Violence Act should help you understand your confusion about living human beings.
"The most innocent children" ?

A.) You wouldn't know compassion from a pizza. If you did, you wouldn't be clamoring for children to be born to parents who cannot afford them. Visit New Delhi some time, and tell me about how compassionate it is to astronomically increase the population of those who will raise their families in abject poverty. Compassion my left foot.

B.) Children born at 26 weeks MAY survive - not all of them do, even with the most up-to-date medical technology at the doctors' disposal. In fact only 50% of those born at 26 weeks, live past a few hours.

C.) Partial-birth abortion is already illegal.

D.) Your refusal to accept the fact that the Unborn Victims of Violence Act SPECIFICALLY exempts legal abortions, is duly noted.

Next...

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323752 Apr 17, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Great - especially since 'viability' is defined as "...the ability to live outside the womb..."
Which can't be known until birth, by the way - it's not like 'viability' can be ascertained otherwise. There is no specific test for 'viability,' otherwise than 'birth'. And there is no specific 'date' at which 'viability' has been established. Therefore, time restrictions on abortion should be recognized as Unconstitutional.
Agreed.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#323753 Apr 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
SevenTee -

Depending what state or jurisdiction you are in, you can certainly be charged with double homicide if you murder a pregnant woman.

http://www.kvia.com/news/man-charged-with-mur...

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/19/north-caro...

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/08/27/charge...

http://articles.mcall.com/2014-01-10/news/mc-...

If you have any questions related to the law, fetal homicide laws in particular, the Constitution, etc., the PC ignoramuses on this forum are certainly the LAST ones you want to rely on, especially this chick, cpetr, and not a playa posters.

Hope this info helps.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323756 Apr 17, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
SevenTee -
Depending what state or jurisdiction you are in, you can certainly be charged with double homicide if you murder a pregnant woman.
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/19/north-caro...
http://articles.mcall.com/2014-01-10/news/mc-...
If you have any questions related to the law, fetal homicide laws in particular, the Constitution, etc., the PC ignoramuses on this forum are certainly the LAST ones you want to rely on, especially this chick, cpetr, and not a playa posters.
Hope this info helps.
And yet, every fetal homicide law specifically excludes legal abortion from its applicability. As we all know, but some of us prefer to ignore, the law protects WOMEN from being murdered, and ALSO from abortion against her will.

You forgot to mention that part.

Next.....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323757 Apr 17, 2014
Correction: the law PROHIBITS the murder of women, and also prohibits abortion against the woman's will.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#323760 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Unborn Women get aborted / murdered all the time.
You obviously are the one who hates women
Hey moron, ever seen an ultrasound of a baby in the womb. If you have you will know that you are killing a human being.
No woman ever gets aborted.

PREGNANCIES are aborted, and women are ADULTS, not fetuses, you friggin Moron.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#323762 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are typical Pro-abortion-murder supporter who is so full of hate and anger at all of humanity you wish abortion on others including me.
You are free to change words to make them sound better but you are killing human beings.
There is no difference between someone living and an unborn living being except
Size of the person
Level of development of the person
Environment where the person lives
Degree of dependency of the person
You are truly a hard core coward hater of life and humanity, I feel sorry for you.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and to base your decisions on what to do about your pregnancies on your opinion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323765 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are born - but you're right: we do get murdered rather frequently.

Rather than worshiping the fetuses of strangers, and having the gall to call fetuses 'unborn women', how about dedicating yourself to helping BORN people?

Advocate for freely available contraception. Advocate for victims of domestic and sexual violence. Advocate for anti-poverty measures, such as food security, and job training. You know - things you might actually have some input toward, and through which you can make a real difference in the number and frequency of abortion.

However, in case you didn't already know this, no woman has to take your opinion into consideration, when making a decision of whether or not to have sex, much less whether or not to gestate. Personally, I think THAT's what really bothers you - not the 'murder of babies'.

I notice you're not wailing and gnashing your teeth about IVF - and it's DELIBERATE killing of human embryos, for the purpose of implanting the ones left alive, in a womb somewhere. But those embryos are just as dead as the ones willfully aborted. How come you're not yowling about them?

Next...

Location hidden

#323768 Apr 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just thought I'd mention this; it's interesting to see how in the very state where a federal judge just struck down a law that forbids an abortion once a heart beat is detected, North Dakota, the very law that provides for punishment under "fetal homicide" statutes, expressly defines person as to "not include the pregnant woman[,]" but does not, expressly, state the fetus IS a person.
Which even a 1L would know to argue that if the pregnant woman is NOT a person under the statute, then it's axiomatic the fetus isn't a person either, given the medical fact that fetus, especially non-viable fetus, cannot survive without "mommy.
Given the medical fact that certain people cannot survive without some kind of mechanical life support, the fact that the mechanical life support is not a person doesn't make the one who relies on it to sustain life and who can't survive without it, any less of a person.
It would be judicially impossible to support that.
No it wouldn't.
In fact, it would almost make as much sense as, hypothetically of course, suing the driver of the FedEx truck for your injuries, which you sustained when the FedEx truck rear-ended your car, and not suing the "deep pocket," to wit: FedEx.
Are you honest enough to agree the hypothetical scenario above is senseless?
I'm honest enough to admit that all I did was correct an inaccurate statement, to wit: you couldn't be charged with double murder if you murdered a pregnant woman.
What suing the Fed Ex driver instead of Fed Ex has to do with that.....is anyone's guess.

Location hidden

#323770 Apr 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, every fetal homicide law specifically excludes legal abortion from its applicability.
So ? And just how is that relevant to the fact that I correctly pointed out that a person could be charged with double murder if they murder a pregnant woman ?
As we all know, but some of us prefer to ignore, the law protects WOMEN from being murdered,

There already are laws that prohibit women from being murdered. The purpose of this law was to establish the fetus as a homicide victim which heretofore it was not.
and ALSO from abortion against her will.
Not always. Since abortion, as you and others are quick to point out, is merely the termination of pregnancy, it is possible that a pregnant woman could be abducted and have a viable pre-term fetus surgically removed, thereby aborting her pregnancy against her will.
Fetal homicide laws would have no application in that case since no homicide occurred.
You forgot to mention that part.
I didn't forget anything. I only corrected an inaccurate statement.
Next.....
I'm sorry, is there someone else waiting in the wings with another statement irrelevant to what I responded to ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323771 Apr 18, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since abortion, as you and others are quick to point out, is merely the termination of pregnancy, it is possible that a pregnant woman could be abducted and have a viable pre-term fetus surgically removed, thereby aborting her pregnancy against her will.
Fetal homicide laws would have no application in that case since no homicide occurred.
And thank you for agreeing that absent the death of the pregnant woman herself, no homicide has occurred in the death of the fetus.

It's rather axiomatic that therefore, abortion is not homicide, murder, or even aggravated assault.

Thanks for playing.

Next...

Location hidden

#323775 Apr 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And thank you for agreeing that absent the death of the pregnant woman herself, no homicide has occurred in the death of the fetus.
Zip it you drunkard. I agreed to no such thing. Fetal homicide charges could absolutely be brought against someone who assaults (not kill) a pregnant woman thereby causing the death of her fetus.

http://www.hastingsconlawquarterly.org/archiv...

What I DID say is that fetal homicide laws do not necessarily prohibit abortion against a pregnant woman's will. They prohibit KILLING the fetus against a pregnant woman's will.
It's rather axiomatic that therefore,
.....you need to put down that bottle of Dewars.
abortion is not homicide, murder, or even aggravated assault.[/.QUOTE]

Never said it was. I only said that someone who murders a pregnant woman can IN FACT be charged with double murder.

[QUOTE]Thanks for playing.
What....the "belittle the old coot" game ?
Next...
Someone else waiting in the wings to say something irrelevant to the fact that someone who murders a pregnant woman could be charged with double murder ???

Location hidden

#323776 Apr 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really this stupid, or are you just trying?
Only a true idiot would dare compare a fetus, who does not breathe air, to a born person on a mechanical form of life support, and then try to argue both are persons.
Look dumbshit, no one compared a fetus to a born person. This was an issue of YOU attempting to argue that an entity could not be stipulated a "person" simply because the entity to which their survival depended, was also not a "person".
Ridiculous.
Look dumbass, your beef is not with me. Your beef is with SCOTUS. Take it up with them. It was SCOTUS who determined the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment does not apply to a fetus, because IT ISN'T A PERSON. It applies to mommy, because she IS A PERSON.
Look dumbnuts, my argument wasn't and isn't with SCOTUS at all. It's with the dunce who claimed that someone murdering a pregnant woman could not be charged with double murder. Are you clear on this yet ?
You may be honest, but you're still stupid, since you can't make the connection. And stupid is not something that can be fixed.
There is no connection between your dumbass Fed Ex scenario and someone saying you cannot charged with double murder if you murder a pregnant woman.

YOU CAN !!!

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323777 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron, ever seen an ultrasound of a baby in the womb. If you have you will know that you are killing a human being.
Hey stupid, I am a mother and a grandmother. I was with my sister in the delivery room when she delivered my nephew. I have been pregnant and given birth. I have seen many ultrasounds. None of them were of unborn women. There is no such thing as an unborn woman.

I love women. My mother is a woman, my daughter is a woman, my best friends are women, my sisters are both women and I am a woman!! They have all been pregnant and given birth. Some have had abortions. I trust them all to make the best decisions for their lives.

Your posts are getting more asinine by the day. Don't like abortion? Don't have one. What other women do is none of your business.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323778 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are typical Pro-abortion-murder supporter who is so full of hate and anger at all of humanity you wish abortion on others including me.
You are free to change words to make them sound better but you are killing human beings.
There is no difference between someone living and an unborn living being except
Size of the person
Level of development of the person
Environment where the person lives
Degree of dependency of the person
You are truly a hard core coward hater of life and humanity, I feel sorry for you.
Omg. ROFLMFAO. Funniest post I have seen in a long time.

So, you let me know the next time a fetus can drive a car, or do algebra, or dress itself, or I dunno, breath some fncking air, eat food, walk, or sustain its own bodily functions like, say, a living BORN person.

You are so truly hard core stupid and a hater of science and reality, I feel sorry for you.

Oh and wishing dopes like you aborted has nothing to do with hate. Its more about weeding the stupid out of the human race. You're dragging the rest of us down.

Indianapolis

#323781 Apr 18, 2014
A woman doesn't fit into a uterus. Women are adult human females. Words actually have meanings.

A fetus is not a human being. It has the potential to become one, but there's no guarantee they will gestate fully.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#323782 Apr 18, 2014
Anti-semitism? The spectrum of your ignorant hatred is quite broad, isn't it?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical jerkoff like you hides behind the Law to justify all sorts of immoral activities. I bet you would rip off your own family if you could do it legally.
Most likely you are probably a slimeball ambulance chasing personal injury Lawyer who advises people how to just skirt under around and by and give everyone the shaft then think you are very clever because you skrewed some insurance company "legally". I know Jews just like you who do that sort of garbage and carry a smug, superior stiff neck attitude the whole time. You ain't fooling me for one second Pal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Drunk Joy 1,656,661
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 25 min Chosen Traveler 35,086
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Research 11,896
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web