Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mad taxpayer

Findlay, OH

#323568 Apr 8, 2014
In my personal opinion Abortion is Murder. this terrible law is here to stay though. I just ask the government to consider this; since Invitrofertilization is $20,000 and not covered by most insurance plans , why dont we level the playing field $20,000 for abortion. Why just a co pay to take a life of a baby and a 2nd mortgage for infertility treatments to have a baby? I did IVF twice I wanted a baby and couldnt have one without fertility treatments. Where was my right ? i had to pay 25K to get pregnant with my son, the 2nd ivf failed 20k gone. I have one child. its so easy to kill these babies and so hard for me to have one.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#323569 Apr 8, 2014
Mad taxpayer wrote:
In my personal opinion Abortion is Murder. this terrible law is here to stay though. I just ask the government to consider this; since Invitrofertilization is $20,000 and not covered by most insurance plans , why dont we level the playing field $20,000 for abortion. Why just a co pay to take a life of a baby and a 2nd mortgage for infertility treatments to have a baby? I did IVF twice I wanted a baby and couldnt have one without fertility treatments. Where was my right ? i had to pay 25K to get pregnant with my son, the 2nd ivf failed 20k gone. I have one child. its so easy to kill these babies and so hard for me to have one.
So you think your infertility means women should be forced to continue pregnancies they don't want? Really? You think other womens lives and issues and needs are all about you?
You think a woman should be forced to pay 20000 for something she doesn't want just because that's what you volunteered to pay for something you did want?

Your right was to choose IVF. Twice. Some anti choicers would like to stop that, too. You're ok with that since they think it's murder, right?

It's not the governments place to give you a free pregnancy nor force a woman to complete one against her will.

Try adoption. There are thousands of children who need a home and a loving family right now. There may even be government help for that. I'm sure it would cost far less than 45000.00
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#323571 Apr 9, 2014
Mad taxpayer wrote:
I agree with you. Insurance companies always found reasons for not paying claims e.g. they may have said its because you have a pre-existing condition. That's interesting because under Obama care, your insurance company could not use that excuse.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323572 Apr 9, 2014
Mad taxpayer wrote:
Very few insurance policies cover abortion - on the other hand, several insurance companies cover IVF....and come with hefty deductibles....but they're out there. If you want insurance coverage for IVF, you need to do better legwork.

As far as what abortions cost, it's a much more straightforward procedure, and doesn't require expensive drugs, or several tries, to be effective. Of course it costs less.

Perhaps you should take up the difficulty of adoption, with your State or Federal representatives. There are 300,000 kids out there, ready for good loving homes. Meanwhile, however, the fertile are not obligated to gestate for benefit of the infertile, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Sorry about your infertility, and your financial situation. As the so-called 'pro-life' slogan goes: Play the hand you're dealt.

Sometimes it sucks.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#323573 Apr 9, 2014
The cost of medical procedures is not based on pathetic self-pity. Abortions are easy, especially in the first trimester; IVF is long and complicated. You have a right to have kids IF YOU CAN; there is no actual right to become a parent otherwise.
Mad taxpayer wrote:
Raymond Burr
#323574 Apr 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The cost of medical procedures is not based on pathetic self-pity. Abortions are easy, especially in the first trimester; IVF is long and complicated. You have a right to have kids IF YOU CAN; there is no actual right to become a parent otherwise.
<quoted text>
Did you know that the level of your stupidity increases proportionately with the authority with which you spout it ? Now please shut up, turn around and let me feast on that mushy rear end of yours that could double for 150 pounds of chewed bubble gum. Mmmmmmmmm.....

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#323575 Apr 9, 2014
Mad taxpayer wrote:
IVF procedures necessarily involve killing off those DELIBERATELY cultured HUMAN embryos which aren't implanted, or consigning them to cryogenic hell - and you complain that you're against abortion? You've had more of your potential children killed, than anyone else here, especially if you've had IVF done more than once....and you paid many thousands of dollars for the privilege of killing them, so you could decide 'who lives and who dies'

And you want to whine about how easy it is to "kill babies" with an abortion??

Hypocrites like you disgust me.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323576 Apr 9, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>IVF procedures necessarily involve killing off those DELIBERATELY cultured HUMAN embryos which aren't implanted, or consigning them to cryogenic hell - and you complain that you're against abortion? You've had more of your potential children killed, than anyone else here, especially if you've had IVF done more than once....and you paid many thousands of dollars for the privilege of killing them, so you could decide 'who lives and who dies'
And you want to whine about how easy it is to "kill babies" with an abortion??
Hypocrites like you disgust me.
I have to agree with you here. IVF involves killing unwanted humans.It is abortion.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323577 Apr 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bull here. BOTH are "medical procedures" and that poster happens to be right that it isn't fair that ONE procedure is covered and one isn't. EASY has nothing to do with it.

You have no actual "right" to have sex and then have a "pathetic self-pity" party once the natural act produces your child. You have no actual "right' to kill your unwanted offspring child.

Don't want a child,don't have one,but once you have conceived your child,killing is not the solution. If a woman decides after birth that she doesn't want to be a mother after all,killing is not the solution. Give your child to a family who wants them if you don't. Killing is evil.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323578 Apr 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Very few insurance policies cover abortion - on the other hand, several insurance companies cover IVF....and come with hefty deductibles....but they're out there. If you want insurance coverage for IVF, you need to do better legwork.
As far as what abortions cost, it's a much more straightforward procedure, and doesn't require expensive drugs, or several tries, to be effective. Of course it costs less.
Perhaps you should take up the difficulty of adoption, with your State or Federal representatives. There are 300,000 kids out there, ready for good loving homes. Meanwhile, however, the fertile are not obligated to gestate for benefit of the infertile, and that's not going to change anytime soon.
Sorry about your infertility, and your financial situation. As the so-called 'pro-life' slogan goes: Play the hand you're dealt.
Sometimes it sucks.
I bet you think it is okay for a mom of a day old baby to give her unwanted child up for adoption instead of killing her/him,? Suddenly you'd be happy to benefit those "infertile" women,huh?

I don't understand you people. You believe that a woman should have a right and privacy to kill her unwanted child but then you change the rules (most of you)after viability and/or birth. Sounds like you want to control womens bad choices after all. I suppose it is what is convenient for *you* and not her. Doesn't sound pro-women choice to me.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323579 Apr 9, 2014
sad people wrote:
Grumpy sees right through John K's bullsheet persona like the rest of us do. He needs to be liked at any cost. Chicky is a mad woman.
Oh darn,I missed this whole proabort butt-kissing fest :(

I just LOVE it when the proaborts act like they are all innocent and that it is others who are the bad ones. I love it even more when they all kiss up to each other,desperately attempting to fit in somewhere and/or to be liked. They think that nobody sees their game of trying to act all civil meanwhile they are just as nasty and crazy as the PL'ers that they accuse.

What a world to live in.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323580 Apr 9, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Rachel may not be "real": but the individual who types her posts is.
Do you really want to bring the whole "Knit" fiasco into this...?
You know quite well, as practically everyone else does, that I took her to task for that atrocious post, and she was shunned by a majority of the Topix crowd.
You don't need to re-post it--I've got it on my hard-drive ready for a re-post whenever it's called for.
"Chicky," Milady, what do you want me to do?
I've already scolded "Knit" for that.
If it didn't work, then that is merely a testament to her being impervious to this sort of admonishment.
What's left...?
Crucifying her and setting her on fire...?
There's something seriously "wrong" with "Knit."
I don't know what it is, but I honestly don't think it's entirely her fault.
Something in her brain doesn't fire on "go!"
I don't think "Knit's" evil, I just think she's seriously f**ked up...
""""" ""Chicky,Milady,what do you want me to do?"""" """""

LOL
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323581 Apr 9, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
John, I think you are a great person. I know that you are concerned for the person, and that is admirable, however, there is this thing called "enabling". A troll like rc takes any positive feedback, such as forgiveness, or "maybe, lets wait and see", or "gosh you're funny and occasionally even on topic" as encouragment and vindication. Now, she is a martyr troll. She writes some meaningless shit she's written before, verbatim, pretends she has a conscience, plays the sympathy card, and suddenly she's the victim. She nobly fell on her sword for pity and manipulation and she's laughing about it. What does she get for being a liar, a nasty bitch, and a troll? A pat on her widdle head, sent under her bridge for milk and cookies, and told to come back when she's feeling all better. Then you seem to take ME "to task", twice, for not being nicer to it. For not being as tolerant and forgiving as I "should be" and well, even if your wrong, your still the better person, because, poor rachie SOUNDED sorry. The proper way to handle a manipulative liar is "yeah right. Seen this before. Run along now, Buh bye."
As for knit, she is just nuts. She should just be ignored. She might even be the RC troll. She has been "shunned" by most ofvthe tooix crowd EXCEPT RC and Swiney. Has no one else noticed that when Kunter is in the weeds RC suddenly appears to start shit? Badaxe, too. Ever notice that RC and badstupid are usually on topix at the same time? I suspect RC/TROLL is actually quite a few other posters here which is why I never ever give completely accurate personal info to anyone. Remember how rc called NNs REAL JOB??
So while I understand your desire to be kind, sometimes that is exactly the wrong thing to do, which is why I addressed you "abrasively". I know you I made you mad but I can't help that.
So now I'm going to find knutter and my matches because yes, anyone that ever even THINKS of children and babies in the context that knutter put in writting, for the entire world to see, ought to be lit up. Let's hope she is either one of rcs troll ids or locked in a secure facility.
""""" ""John,I think that you are a great person"""" """

LOL

(you just BETTER not like or defend Rachel. Do NOT go against me great person John or ELSE)

Dang :( I missed all the fun. I wish you people would have at least had the decency to wait til I came to exchange lovings/threats/buttkissing like this. I enjoy it.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323582 Apr 9, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
No they weren't, stupid. Those were the ark builder's words :
" if what you said were true ( god intended sex for procreation) then sex would NOT be pleasurable at all; it would be a chore"
I just questioned his premise, stupid.
<quoted text>
Neither do I. And you need not be a believer to question a hypothetical premise, stupid.
<quoted text>
Next what ? Are you going to say something else equally stupid, stupid ?
Noah did make that claim "if what you said were true(God intended sex for procreation)then sex would NOT be pleasurable at all; it would be a chore".

This Noah poster doesn't sound very bright. Nor does playa for covering his butt for saying such a dumb thing. It is obvious that God wanted sex to be pleasurable or we WOULDN'T want to do it (thus procreating).

LOL
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323583 Apr 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the spanking you got from 'the ark builder' wasn't sufficient to satisfy your craving for abuse - sorry about your luck. I'm perfectly content to watch while you dig yourself a deeper hole.
Have fun with that.
Next....
Are you seriously defending this guy for saying something so ridiculous just because he is proabortion like you? C'mon Playa,show some guts.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#323584 Apr 9, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The menstrual cycle is not on a precise schedule.
"""The menstraul cycle is not on a precise schedule""" ""

In other words,you haven't a clue as to how your body works either.

Gotcha.

How sad that a woman old enough to have sex doesn't educate herself. Let me guess,BILLIONS of abortions performed yearly in the world are because "the menstrual cycle is not on a precise schedule".

@@

Indianapolis

#323585 Apr 9, 2014
I was referring to cost, not coverage, and Little Miss Pity-Party got it wrong anyway--many carriers do cover IVF; most only cover therapeutic abortions.
You have every right to have consensual sex, and the right to react to any results as you choose. There's no right to gestation, however.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I call bull here. BOTH are "medical procedures" and that poster happens to be right that it isn't fair that ONE procedure is covered and one isn't. EASY has nothing to do with it.
You have no actual "right" to have sex and then have a "pathetic self-pity" party once the natural act produces your child. You have no actual "right' to kill your unwanted offspring child.
Don't want a child,don't have one,but once you have conceived your child,killing is not the solution. If a woman decides after birth that she doesn't want to be a mother after all,killing is not the solution. Give your child to a family who wants them if you don't. Killing is evil.

Indianapolis

#323586 Apr 9, 2014
Billions of abortions? Where? On your home planet?'Cause that's not happening here on Earth..
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
"""The menstraul cycle is not on a precise schedule""" ""
In other words,you haven't a clue as to how your body works either.
Gotcha.
How sad that a woman old enough to have sex doesn't educate herself. Let me guess,BILLIONS of abortions performed yearly in the world are because "the menstrual cycle is not on a precise schedule".
@@

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#323587 Apr 9, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" ""John,I think that you are a great person"""" """
LOL
(you just BETTER not like or defend Rachel. Do NOT go against me great person John or ELSE)
Dang :( I missed all the fun. I wish you people would have at least had the decency to wait til I came to exchange lovings/threats/buttkissing like this. I enjoy it.
Good evening my darling "Sassafrass!"

Dearest, we'd had a meeting, and collectively decided that whenever we had one of these "therapeutic" bitching sessions coupled with a "kiss-n-make-up" resolution, we'd do it when we knew you weren't going to be here.

Sorry to be such a buzz-kill babe...

:(

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323589 Apr 10, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I bet you think it is okay for a mom of a day old baby to give her unwanted child up for adoption instead of killing her/him,?
If that's what her choice is, of course I do. Why on earth wouldn't I?

I disagree, however, that the inferts among us have a right to EXPECT her to gestate and relinquish, for their benefit, rather than abort, if she so chooses.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I don't understand you people. You believe that a woman should have a right and privacy to kill her unwanted child but then you change the rules (most of you)after viability and/or birth. Sounds like you want to control womens bad choices after all. I suppose it is what is convenient for *you* and not her. Doesn't sound pro-women choice to me.
You're flailing again. I'm not after controlling anybody's choices.

(That's the whole point of a pro-choice stance.....favoring people controlling their OWN choices.)

You never have understood that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min John Galt 1,383,811
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) 6 hr Be Jesus like 36
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 hr ChristineM 255,314
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat Into The Night 9,637
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA Sat predators still o... 1
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
More from around the web