Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#323503 Apr 2, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
This is going to be hard for me to write, and with my history, this is probably not going to be taken seriously, although I genuinely mean it, and will from now on, because I don't see myself coming back.
I don't like myself here, I don't like the person I am on here because I'm not that person elsewhere.
To Morgana, I want to apologize to you for what I said to you, and how I twisted your story to suit my agenda, that was not fair of me to do that to you, and I take full responsibility for my actions. I'm very sorry Morgana, and I honestly wish you well.
To Chicky (WHOA) chicky.... we've had our ups, and downs, and they were mostly downs. I went over what I wrote you, and from that I feel the most disgusted with myself. What I said to you, there is no excuse for it. None. You honestly beat me, for me to act so atrociously towards you, tells me that you got the better of me, and I became very spiteful, mean, and just all around ugly.
I think you did an awesome job. I think you have a beautiful family, and congratulations on your adorable grand babies. You are very independent, strong, intelligent, and a good person for people to look up to with your strength, and I know a heart of gold. You do, I've seen it (just not towards me - go figure)
My apology is sincere, and I hope it's accepted even though I won't blame any of you for not accepting it.
I've been horrible to everyone on here at one time or another, and to those people, please note, I may not remember specifics, but I remember how I was/am on here, and chances are most of you came under my line of fire.
I wanted everyone to know, that really, that's not me, it isn't. I wish the circumstances which 'we' met were different, because I know my behavior would have been different.
I honestly feel horrible about what I said/did on here, and the only way I feel I can rectify that is to leave. I don't like ME HERE. I don't like what I was capable of, I don't like what I did. That's NOT me, and it's too bad that not any of you will really know that, because if we met in real life, I'm liked... honestly I am. I know it's hard to believe but generally I'm a really, really nice person. I've been on here for years, and the majority of the time I .... I cringe. How could I have gone so long being that type of person, and not see it?
So again, and for the last time, I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, I learned a lot about myself, and realize it's not that I really need to change, it's just that I need to change what I'm capable of. And in all areas of my life, this is the one (topix) that I can't get a handle on, so the way to fix that, is to not hang in such a controversial issue thread.
Please note that I am truly sorry, I feel absolutely disgusted with myself, and in trying to fix that, I have no choice, I better leave.
I know, I know, you guys don't want me to, but Chicky's troll be gone spray really really did work.
While I have no idea if this post is to be taken at face-value or not, I'll admit that the sentiment behind it appears genuinely sweet. I have, more often than not, enjoyed your contributions here Rachel. Your posts have alternated between the hilarious and the harrowing, the irreverent and the illuminating, the poignant and the perverse, the obnoxious and the observant.
You've been a self-professed troll with few of an actual troll's attributes--at least half of the time, you had something worthwhile to say.
Here's hoping we haven't seen the last of you but, if we have, my very best as always...

John.
:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323505 Apr 3, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
While I have no idea if this post is to be taken at face-value or not, I'll admit that the sentiment behind it appears genuinely sweet. I have, more often than not, enjoyed your contributions here Rachel. Your posts have alternated between the hilarious and the harrowing, the irreverent and the illuminating, the poignant and the perverse, the obnoxious and the observant.
You've been a self-professed troll with few of an actual troll's attributes--at least half of the time, you had something worthwhile to say.
Here's hoping we haven't seen the last of you but, if we have, my very best as always...
John.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#323506 Apr 3, 2014
Wow.

Sure glad I had my hip boots on this morning. Hope we can move past the continuing Troll Show and denial and get back to the discussion of a REAL issure that effects REAL women.

Wonder what "new" friends will be popping up now??

Found the most interesting old posts the other day. A liar can NEVER keep from tripping up forever.:-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#323507 Apr 3, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>So women not knowing their bodies is "normal" to you? Really?
Pregnancy occuring from a couple having sex is not an "accident" Chickie. NO mistake was made when the couple chose to have sex, sperm reached egg, fertilized it and produced THAT coupless offspring. Biology 101. A developing child is not a "problem". An inconvenience for that couple? Okay. Grow up and use common sense when choosing to have sex.
Abortion
Abortion kills that couples child. Abortion is not safe. Women do suffer or are you unaware of that? Maybe you don't care about those women. What about women who DON'T want to abort but are forced by people or circumstances? Do you care about them enough to help?
The menstrual cycle is not on a precise schedule.
Valentinegirl

Springfield, NJ

#323508 Apr 3, 2014
Menstrual cycles may not be pricise but us women still ovulate. The signs are there. Study them. Learn. It is jot too late for those that are not too lazy and stupid.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#323509 Apr 3, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
Wow.
Sure glad I had my hip boots on this morning. Hope we can move past the continuing Troll Show and denial and get back to the discussion of a REAL issure that effects REAL women.
Wonder what "new" friends will be popping up now??
Found the most interesting old posts the other day. A liar can NEVER keep from tripping up forever.:-)
Hah!
I see someone is not convinced.
;P
I don't blame you Milady...truth be told, I'm not sure I am either--though stranger things have happened.
I know there's no "love-lost" betwixt you and "Rachel." And, given the vitriolic nature of the "feud," it's not hard to understand why.
That said, if she's being genuine, I'll err on the side of that--it's not as though it's going to cost me much one way or the other anyhow.
Kindness is more often than not misinterpreted as being something surreptitious.

Only time will tell....

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323510 Apr 3, 2014
Valentinegirl wrote:
Menstrual cycles may not be pricise but us women still ovulate. The signs are there. Study them. Learn. It is jot too late for those that are not too lazy and stupid.
LOL.

Here's a better idea.

Mind your own effing business.

No woman has to obsess over her menstrual cycle just to make you happy.

You know that, right?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#323511 Apr 3, 2014
It's none of your frigging business what priority, if any, women put to monitoring their ovulation cycles. Who died and appointed you Queen of the Fallopia?
Valentinegirl wrote:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#323512 Apr 3, 2014
Even better: Save your tampons and label them by date. When you've completed your cycle, send them to her; I'm sure she can tell you when you're fertile. I'd do it but I'm vaginally-challenged.
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Here's a better idea.
Mind your own effing business.
No woman has to obsess over her menstrual cycle just to make you happy.
You know that, right?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323513 Apr 3, 2014
Valentinegirl wrote:
Have fun with that. I just lay in a supply of pads once a month, and call it good.

Next...
weddleman

Pittsburgh, PA

#323514 Apr 4, 2014

Aborition should be Legal

Renton, WA

#323518 Apr 4, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
For those of you who haven't already heard it from me, I am "the [poster] formerly known as" Conservative Democrat, a/k/a CD.
The reasons for which I am posting under NoahRS are privy only to me and to those few with whom I've shared this fact, via PM, prior to this post, and whom I sincerely thank for keeping my "secret." So, if I've not shared those reasons with you, please don't bother asking.
FYI, NoahRS has absolutely no correlation to the biblical personality who built an arch. Instead, it has a direct connotation to the sport which I practice; cycling.
:::sing song voice:::

Knew it! Don't care why, either LOL

Welcome back, CD :)

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#323519 Apr 4, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds a lot like a suicide note. Maybe you're being truthful, However, I can make one argument to support my belief for why you're not; the culmination to such a "heartfelt" message is you falling in your proverbial "sword" and making an exodus.
If you were truly sorry and your apology was sincere, why not stick around and prove that you don't like yourself here? Why write such a poetic message, when deep down, it's likely that it has no substance? In short; why are you leaving and not demonstrating how you've truly turned away from acting in a manner in which, by your own admission, causes you not to like yourself here?
In short, if you really expect people to believe the truthfulness of your statement, then I can expect everyone to believe I own 100 acres of ocean front property in New Mexico that I'm selling really cheap.
I told you, I don't like myself here, I don't want to stay for fear that I won't like myself again. It's best I go. As of right now, I said my apologies, I meant them, and for fear of turning around and being insensere AGAIN, I don't want to risk it. I will pop up from time to time, and post one liners, but that's it. I'm not going to show up as anyone else, if I come back, I won't involve myself like I did. Again, I don't like me here. That's not who I am. Hi from Vegas! lol
SeaSounds

Ardsley, NY

#323522 Apr 5, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
There are very few people alive who don't like themselves Rachel. If you don't like yourself here, then it's reasonably foreseeable you don't like yourself everywhere, unless you have MPD, or some other mental disease.
So, I'll give you a 50% benefit of the doubt and leave you with time will tell. Now you can prove me wrong and you right, or you can prove me right and you wrong.
So let's see what kind of one liners you come up with.
Are you gay? You sound like a sissy. Nobody cares who you are or what you have to say. You're boring.
RC in Vegas

Las Vegas, NV

#323524 Apr 5, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
There are very few people alive who don't like themselves Rachel. If you don't like yourself here, then it's reasonably foreseeable you don't like yourself everywhere, unless you have MPD, or some other mental disease.
So, I'll give you a 50% benefit of the doubt and leave you with time will tell. Now you can prove me wrong and you right, or you can prove me right and you wrong.
So let's see what kind of one liners you come up with.
I don't like the person I can turn into here! I see it, because I have my 'outside' person to tell me so. I'm not a mean person, but here, I was.

That's it really. Took me a while to see it, but I have. And I don't ever want to be that person again.
RC in Vegas

Las Vegas, NV

#323525 Apr 5, 2014
Joinie Loves Chachi
RC in Vegas

Las Vegas, NV

#323526 Apr 5, 2014
Do you think Madge is stilll soaking in it??

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#323527 Apr 5, 2014
See? I'm in Vegas, have a great weekend everyone!

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323528 Apr 5, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
John.
Trust me, it can not be taken at face value. It's a troll. She wrote me an apology already, with the exact same claims before. Until she decided I "didn't deserve it." Yeah, hate to point this out but when you *sincerely* apologize for something, it is because YOU have done something wrong that you are sorry for. That has nothing to do with what the other person does or "deserves".

Anyone paying attention to the "feud" between me and the Troll will see that *I* do not start shit with her. She is ALWAYS the aggressor. The very first time she got really personally nasty it was because she went off on me on a post I made to Sue. Of course she had been harboring a grudge because I outted her as anti-choice Leslie Silver, playing both sides of the debate, and she just could not let that go. I do not post to Leslie/Troll. I ignore her until she attacks me directly. This time SHE went off after I made a post to Knutter. If you check her post, most are off topic. She trolls as other people on this thread to keep it nasty.

SO, while she is apologizing now, some day she will go off on me AGAIN. It was hilarious watching her post that I can't forget her, since even though I have been gone for a long time, she has tolled AS me, attacked me as soon as I came back, and just can't seem to ignore me. She uses a proxy server to make it look like she is posting from other places. That's what trolls do.
RC in England

UK

#323529 Apr 5, 2014
Vegas was boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,403,595
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr ChristineM 255,945
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Into The Night 9,988
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web