Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309875 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323164 Mar 16, 2014
a child or children for that matter

“Troll Be Gone.”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#323165 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU just cannot tolerate another opinion, can you? It's interesting to see how totally intolerant the pro choice group is as a whole. Not that we didn't know already.
When you run out of arguments, This is what your post deteriorates into.
Well, I guess you must have been one of those that compared the loss of a born and beloved child to an abortion. How sad for you. I do hope it will be unbearable for you.

Btw, I always find it interesting when you ignore my arguments and then claim I have run out of them. It is not my fault you can not rationally defend your indefensible position and you do not get to be dishonest about mine. Then again, you really can not help but lie. The truth does not support your self righteous, superiority complex.:-)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323166 Mar 16, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess you must have been one of those that compared the loss of a born and beloved child to an abortion. How sad for you. I do hope it will be unbearable for you.
Btw, I always find it interesting when you ignore my arguments and then claim I have run out of them. It is not my fault you can not rationally defend your indefensible position and you do not get to be dishonest about mine. Then again, you really can not help but lie. The truth does not support your self righteous, superiority complex.:-)
What is the truth?

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323167 Mar 16, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's think about this one for a minute, shall we?
Perhaps you've never heard of it, but there's this thing called 'poverty'. It happens to people who make the ghastly mistake of being born into a family which already has this disease. Often, in an effort to alleviate the suffering of the new family member, and stabilize the suffering of the rest, the titular heads of said families will relinquish the new one.
In other words, doing EXACTLY what you claim to WANT them to....if they can't afford it, give it up for adoption.
Your problem is, they don't do it soon enough to suit you - they're not giving up enough INFANTS, for picky people who can't have kids themselves.
Sometimes your comments make me physically ill.
St-Ink just hates everyone that is not just like her perfect and specially blessed self. She probably demands that mere humans genuflect upon the sight of her.

Two loving parents can be killed with no suitable family to take the children. 2 loving parents can be incapacitated by illness. 2 loving parents may become addicted to drugs or alcohol which would render them incapable of parenting. Of course, Stink would consider this a most distasteful occurrence surely deserving of ridicule of such low life losers. Death to them, maybe?? Wretched sinners. Mentally ill people frequently have sex and almost always with other mentally ill people. They may desperately love their child and want their child, and be absolutely incapable of proving proper or reliable care. That being said, we must defer to st-Inks superior knowledge on the topic and remember that these children are all in foster care because their inferior, less than human, parents do not rise to the lofty standard set by st-ink which is loving each other and god. AND *gasp* they are probably all have the G-A-Y. We should hate them all. That, of course, makes them un-adoptable!

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323168 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the truth?
What??
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323169 Mar 16, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
St-Ink just hates everyone that is not just like her perfect and specially blessed self. She probably demands that mere humans genuflect upon the sight of her.
Two loving parents can be killed with no suitable family to take the children. 2 loving parents can be incapacitated by illness. 2 loving parents may become addicted to drugs or alcohol which would render them incapable of parenting. Of course, Stink would consider this a most distasteful occurrence surely deserving of ridicule of such low life losers. Death to them, maybe?? Wretched sinners. Mentally ill people frequently have sex and almost always with other mentally ill people. They may desperately love their child and want their child, and be absolutely incapable of proving proper or reliable care. That being said, we must defer to st-Inks superior knowledge on the topic and remember that these children are all in foster care because their inferior, less than human, parents do not rise to the lofty standard set by st-ink which is loving each other and god. AND *gasp* they are probably all have the G-A-Y. We should hate them all. That, of course, makes them un-adoptable!
I have worked with families who are in the system and unfortuately most are their because the parents are too dysfunctional to be parents. Help is available to all if they choose to accept it. You have provided every off the wall senario to promote more abortion but legal abortion doesn't seem to solve the problem or prevent abuse.

Trying to marginalize me isn't helping the problem either. I suggest you get out and volunteer your skills.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323170 Mar 16, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
You mention the truth did not supporting my ideas, so what is the truth you were talking about or were you just talking?

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323171 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked with families who are in the system and unfortuately most are their because the parents are too dysfunctional to be parents. Help is available to all if they choose to accept it. You have provided every off the wall senario to promote more abortion but legal abortion doesn't seem to solve the problem or prevent abuse.
Trying to marginalize me isn't helping the problem either. I suggest you get out and volunteer your skills.
What are you babbling about? Where have I offered any scenario to promote more abortion?

Who ever claimed that abortion has anything to do with problems or abuse?

Do you hallucinate or are you just lying to get out of admitting that 2 loving parents can, in fact, have children that end up in foster care? I guess the truth does not fit into the construct of your small minded, righteous, superiority complex.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323172 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You mention the truth did not supporting my ideas, so what is the truth you were talking about or were you just talking?
Perhaps you should go back and read what I wrote. Its all there. I am not going to repeat myself just because you are dense and/or dishonest.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323173 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but in taking the risk that I will be called all sorts of names, I think that the current young culture of girls taking naked selfies and hooking up, the guys are getting a different message. I also think that with women insisting that the fathers of their children have no say in what she does with her body takes all the responsibility off their shoulders.
I also think that sex ed for boys should include what the cost of supporting a children you don't even want for the next 18 years.
With women wanting to have the only say about a pregnancy, then it make the pregnancy only their concern, sadly.
Women get the only say about a pregnancy because they are the only one involved in a pregnancy. What part of that flies over your head? I thought you were the expert on pregnancy yet you do not know that only the woman carries it?? Wow.

Federal Way, WA

#323174 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that believing that unborn children shouldn't be killed is a religious dogma? No it is a matter of right and wrong that even non religious should understand.
Hey your right to kill your unborn child is solid regardless of what I believe. So what's your problem?
My problem is the way you absently sneered at the parents whose kids are in foster care without you having the 1st clue why. You ASSume it's because the parents were behaving badly, but that is not always the case. There are 100,000 different reasons for 100,000 kids caught up in the foster care system.

Do some research. It might not've been in this thread, but it was in a thread you were posting in a few weeks back when I provided some interesting links regarding the history behind the foster care system. It was specifically installed to replace orphanages during and following The Depression.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323175 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that believing that unborn children shouldn't be killed is a religious dogma? No it is a matter of right and wrong that even non religious should understand.
Hey your right to kill your unborn child is solid regardless of what I believe. So what's your problem?
Incorrect. There is nothing wrong with having an abortion. What is wrong is some deluded lunatic pretending the death of a born beloved child or children, is the same as an abortion. That is not only WRONG but sick and warped. Especially if you use that twisted idea to harm a grieving mother or to be intolerant of someones opinion on abortion.

Did you do that Saint Ink?? You would never do anything that vile, right?

Federal Way, WA

#323176 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin, spin, spin and misrepresent. I was never talking about women who give birth and make them available to adoptive families. Those women are very strong and thinking only of their child.
Children in the state's care are children who have been taken away from their mothers for their own protection. Usually moms own bad behavior and habits cause their children to be removed from the home.
Can you not distinguish between kids loving given up for adoption and kids who are in abusive and neglectful homes?
Of course she can distinguish between kids "loving[ly] given up for adoption and kids who are in abusive and neglectful homes". Not every kid in the foster care system comes from abusive/neglectful homes. Some are in there because their parents died and there's nobody to take them, or nobody known able to take them.

It's you who seems to want it both ways. You want to pretend not inducing abortion is the loving thing to do, that putting newborns up for adoption is better, but you'll insist all the kids in the foster care system are abused and neglected. Life just doesn't work like that. Best thing any of you PLers can do is mind your own business and adopt just one available kid (no matter age, gender, race, medical and mental issues) and give them a "forever home".

But you won't. You'll look down your nose and act like they're all the *Sneetches without "stars upon thars" while you glance down at your star every chance you get.

*Dr. Seuss characters showing blatant discrimination by being stuck in a world that goes on without them and around them.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323177 Mar 16, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. There is nothing wrong with having an abortion.
Yes there is.

Federal Way, WA

#323178 Mar 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So so sorry about your child..God give you comfort Katie
Thank you, Rose.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323179 Mar 16, 2014
KatieKatieKatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she can distinguish between kids "loving[ly] given up for adoption and kids who are in abusive and neglectful homes". Not every kid in the foster care system comes from abusive/neglectful homes. Some are in there because their parents died and there's nobody to take them, or nobody known able to take them.
It's you who seems to want it both ways. You want to pretend not inducing abortion is the loving thing to do, that putting newborns up for adoption is better, but you'll insist all the kids in the foster care system are abused and neglected. Life just doesn't work like that. Best thing any of you PLers can do is mind your own business and adopt just one available kid (no matter age, gender, race, medical and mental issues) and give them a "forever home".
But you won't. You'll look down your nose and act like they're all the *Sneetches without "stars upon thars" while you glance down at your star every chance you get.
*Dr. Seuss characters showing blatant discrimination by being stuck in a world that goes on without them and around them.
You can think whatever you want but the main reasons for a child to be in foster care is abuse and neglect. Many of them suffering developmental and emotional problems. I personally have worked with these families which is probably more than you have done for all your telling others what to do. Get off your butt and help.
Saw this link quickly but I am sure that I or you can find the state stats.

http://adoption.about.com/od/fostering/f/why_...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323180 Mar 16, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about? Where have I offered any scenario to promote more abortion?
Do you hallucinate or are you just lying to get out of admitting that 2 loving parents can, in fact, have children that end up in foster care? I guess the truth does not fit into the construct of your small minded, righteous, superiority complex.
It is extremely rare.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#323181 Mar 16, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
Women get the only say about a pregnancy because they are the only one involved in a pregnancy. What part of that flies over your head? I thought you were the expert on pregnancy yet you do not know that only the woman carries it?? Wow.
I was answering John about why no blame goes to the man. You just answered him very well.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323182 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is, in my small minded, self righteous, judgmental, opinion.
I fixed it for you.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323183 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is extremely rare.
Maybe. Here are the other 2 questions you dodged:

Where have I offered any scenario to promote more abortion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,232,904
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min NoahLovesU 239,098
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 39 min litesong 5,582
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr tom wingo 29,765
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr Pietro Armando 201,810
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 16 hr Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 21 hr Jeff 1
More from around the web