Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311222 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Nina

Clifton Park, NY

#323040 Mar 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> A homosexual couple can NEVER produce a biological child together.EVER. It takes a man and a woman the way God intended it.
yes and why have two dads or two moms..I would take one of each
Nina

Clifton Park, NY

#323041 Mar 15, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Why don't you astonish me by pointing out the particular era when marriage was important to society, why, and how?
who wants to be conceived by artificial means....why wish this on our kids esp when parent had the luck of being brought into the world naturally
Nina

Clifton Park, NY

#323042 Mar 15, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Why don't you astonish me by pointing out the particular era when marriage was important to society, why, and how?
i will point it out to you...relationships are transient....marriage is a commitment...our kids are dying by suicide and drugs.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#323043 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it means that even though woman was created from man, man cannot exist without woman. It shows the healthy co-dependance of women and men. It actually makes women more important because without them there would be no life at all.
Yeah, without us womenfolk the men would be eating from cans, wearing filthy clothes, using filthy toilets, and raping each other.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#323044 Mar 15, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So, did you just out yourself as SJM, Ink?
What you show of yourself here is a closed-minded intolerant nosy parker who prefers to play dumb and hides her head in the sand all while playing the one-up insult game with those you know as little about as you claim they know you.
Don't forget to add in about her hypocrisy. Ink can insult people when it suits her but when she gets it back suddenly she becomes the poor victim of "intolerance".

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#323045 Mar 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> A homosexual couple can NEVER produce a biological child together.EVER. It takes a man and a woman the way God intended it.
So... post-menopausal women shouldn't get married? Is marriage only about having kids?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323046 Mar 15, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't. I was addressing your contention that marriage was important because if the ability to procreate.
And it simply isn't so.
Past tense. It was.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323047 Mar 15, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, without us womenfolk the men would be eating from cans, wearing filthy clothes, using filthy toilets, and raping each other.
And warring against other male dominated societies.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323048 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
So... post-menopausal women shouldn't get married? Is marriage only about having kids?
Having kids should be the product of marriage. Otherwise the kids get shortchanged.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323049 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Don't forget to add in about her hypocrisy. Ink can insult people when it suits her but when she gets it back suddenly she becomes the poor victim of "intolerance".
Wrong, I am not a victim and never will be. You all are the victims needing everyone else to take care of you because you can't do it yourselves. You are all Pres Obamaa Julias and pajama boys.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323050 Mar 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So why is there a need for a Doctor's DIAGNOSIS of pregnancy, when applying for WIC, AFDC, or Food Stamps?
Next....
To prove you qualify.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323051 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
To prove you qualify.
precisely - because pregnancy is a qualifying MEDICAL CONDITION.

(Otherwise, why does a DOCTOR have to DIAGNOSE it?)

Ask any medical personnel you choose, if pregnancy is a medical condition or not, and see what they say.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323052 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think it is possible to be pregnant and have no medical needs? Women have children everyday without Medical needs. If you believe evolution, women have been getting pregnant for 200,000 years without medical assistance.
Did you give birth at home, with only your husband for assistance?

No?
Hmm....let's see.....where were your kids born - Oh - that's right - THE HOSPITAL.

Next....
Jorja Fox

Scottsville, VA

#323053 Mar 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give a freaking damn what "else" this anti-life,anti-woman crazy B does.
Well? Does she or does she not help women who want to keep their babies? Did she set up a fund for them? Did she set up a fund for the women who suffer from their previous abortions? Is she actively helping women who are dumped by their bf's and abandoned by loved ones when she is pregnant?
Pfft...you and I BOTH know the answer to THAT,don't we ;)
I love how you don't give a freaking damn what else she does yet you have so many questions about what she does. I know what she does...you don't because you don't give a freaking damn. Resorting to name calling of a woman you don't even know..tsk tsk. says a lot about what & who you really are.

I want to know what YOU do besides run your mouth. How many unwed mothers have you helped? How much of your paycheck do you give them when they need diapers or formula? How many times have you opened your home to a young pregnant girl who has been "dumped.? And we both know the answer to those questions..you do NOTHING but run your mouth because you feel called upon to defend the weakest,vulnerable and innocent among us..with total disregard for them once they are born. Your mantra is give birth give birth give birth and you don't give a damn about what happens after the birth because your mission has been accomplished. I pity you. Your inflated self worth is disgusting.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#323054 Mar 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So why is there a need for a Doctor's DIAGNOSIS of pregnancy, when applying for WIC, AFDC, or Food Stamps?
Next....
I don't know what the abbreviations are, but considering eating as a medical treatment is a stretch.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#323055 Mar 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
How about the 28th?
"The rights of all born persons, irrespective of gender, to choose medical treatment for unwanted medical conditions, shall not be infringed."
I think all pro-choice advocates, should be advocating THAT one.
Noisily, and insistently, until it's achieved.
It's not nice to play tricks on grumpy.
I checked and there is no 28th amendment!!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323056 Mar 15, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what the abbreviations are, but considering eating as a medical treatment is a stretch.
Terri Schiavo's parents didn't think so...

Come on, dude. If a woman sees a doctor about a pregnancy, it's a medical condition - and even if she DOESN'T, any doctor, nurse, or other practitioner of medicine, would tell you that it's a medical condition - otherwise, there wouldn't be such a thing as a diagnosis of pregnancy.

Puh-leeeze.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#323057 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Having kids should be the product of marriage. Otherwise the kids get shortchanged.
Many children of married couples still get shortchanged. Being married does not automatically make one a good parent, just as being single does not automatically make one a bad parent.
YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#323058 Mar 15, 2014

RUSSIA Military POISED to attack ISRAEL -----

http://youtu.be/CGWLPfU4IpY

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#323059 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I am not a victim and never will be. You all are the victims needing everyone else to take care of you because you can't do it yourselves. You are all Pres Obamaa Julias and pajama boys.
"You all are the victims..."

"You are all..."

What... are you... talking about? It is YOU who needs some imaginary, mythical, allegedly omnipotent deity to take care of you. Even as I write this how many fundies are asking their Sky Daddy to help them, give them something, do something for them, take care of them, etc? And for you Christians one God wasn't even enough. You had make up Jesus to help you all, too.

I don't see Obama paying my bills or working my job for me. Is he at your house maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min woodtick57 1,384,438
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 255,320
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Tony From ELA 32,273
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr IB DaMann 9,642
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) May 29 Be Jesus like 36
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA May 28 predators still o... 1
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) May 26 Financial Consult... 6
More from around the web