Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313678 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322944 Mar 13, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Texa s-abortion-laws/2014/03/13/id/ 559328/
Pregnant student Lenzi Sheible has created a travel fund for women in Texas who want abortions in a move to counteract the state’s tough new anti-abortion laws.
"I can't walk around and do this job without keeping in mind that every person's body has its own right, and for me, being pregnant is a choice.".
Oh good. Hopefully not one single baby will miss her date with death.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322945 Mar 13, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
Pregnant student Lenzi Sheible has created a travel fund for women in Texas who want abortions in a move to counteract the state’s tough new anti-abortion laws.
"I can't walk around and do this job without keeping in mind that every person's body has its own right, and for me, being pregnant is a choice."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-abortion-la...
NEW ORLEANS -- A federal appeals court heard arguments Monday on whether the state of Texas can enforce a law that led to the closing of several abortion clinics, a case that ultimately appears bound for the U.S. Supreme Court.
In my humble opinion, we pro-choice advocates need to rise up in a body and demand an Amendment to the Constitution:

"All born persons have the inherent right to choose medical treatment, for any treatable unwanted condition, regardless of gender, and regardless of the views of anyone but the person's health care provider. "

Let 'em take on Roe then.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322946 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>This discussion didn't take place in the Bible, I'll grant you that....
You're the one who brought the 'ancients' into it in the first place, dink. And you STILL want the ancient (and Biblical) prohibition against homosexuality, to prevail today.
You're a liar, plain and simple.
No it was Bitner who said that gay marriage had always been recognized and I said it wasn't. That it was in fact a 21st century concept. Sorry you wasted so much time on something that is an indisputable fact.

I'm not saying that you are lying, just misinformed.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322947 Mar 13, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prior posts deserve no response as you do nothing but falsely accuse. Ink clearly referred to herself when I was posting to you. And she's not denied it. She was given multiple opportunities to set things right but chose to continue flinging insults. The behavior she chose to display was merely xtian, not Christian.
Your above post to me also displays xtian tendencies, not Christian tendencies. Before you gloss over it, I love the philosophy of Jesus Christ. It is organized religion that has twisted and mangled it to be fake and phony; to be exactly what you are, xtian.
If you had even an ounce of that empathy and compassion you bragged of having because you "feel sorry" for Pb, you would understand the importance of girls/women legally retaining their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. Instead, you berate women with undue guilt and criticism until they bow down and beg forgiveness from what is supposed to be a loving God who (according to you) chooses punishment rather than understanding in what is supposed to be omnipotent wisdom. Yeah, complete BS coming from your camp displayed here in hundreds, thousands of your posts.
I think that Ink not having the need to defend herself makes you nuts. You accused her of being me. She's not. You know this. I know this. I,myself,have been accused of being others. Who cares? certainly not me.

Hmmm...so you think that my posts "display xtian tendenceis,not Christian tendencies". Okay,again,..who cares? Certainly not me. I am not interested in what you think of me. We are speaking about abortion. I WILL speak the truth. I WILL not sugarcoat the evil that it is. A human that is developing in the womb is killed by a Dr who is paid by Mom to kill him/her. Don't hate me because I tell it like it is Katie.

Let's get something straight here,I feel sorry for Pbfa,as I do you proaborts,because your empty shells. You're stone cold. I pray for you people. I don't have hate for you,mind you,I have pity because I feel deep down inside someone fed you lies when you were still an innocent child. MOST proaborts that I have encountered in my life,as well as those who are not proaborts,but have aborted during a very vulnerable time in their lives,had negative/unhealthy/abusive or neglectful relationships with parents. This seems to be the norm in my experiences with friends and/or those who have come to terms with their abortions or not.

That girl yesterday said it honestly. She said abortion empowers women. It allows women to become on a mans level(or something to that effect). That's dysfunctional thinking.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322948 Mar 13, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, these women did murder their child in the womb."
Is that some different kind of "murder" than if your friends had murdered their children in their room, or the car, or on the stairs, or in a swimming pool, or on the street, or in a fire place?
Is that some different kind of "murder" than if they were young and stabbed their child to death, deceived into beating their child to death, forced to drown their child, vulnerable and scared and lied to they decided to feed their child to hungry dogs?
Would you still be friends with someone who killed their child in any of the ways I describe above?
Isn't murder...well, murder, no matter how you cut it? That's what you've kept telling us for years now.
But...damned if your post above doesn't differentiate abortion from what most folks, even you, believe is actual murder.
Murder is murder. Who's saying otherwise? But let's face it STO,there are different degrees of murder.Yes?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322949 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Tells me you're a hypocrite who only cares about 'babies' conceived in an actual uterus, rather than a petri dish.
Go gestate something, you walking, talking womb.
What does this ^^^ jimberish have to do with what I posted(((((((which was ....and yet, IVF is a hugely popular or surrogate pregnancies. Seems like the gay community insists on populating, enough so that they seek those *only*ways to reproduce. STILL takes a man and a woman to reproduce after all. Whats THAT tell you?))))

You're strange. What does where a human was conceived have to do with anything being discussed? LOL
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322950 Mar 13, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, STO. Dontcha know? In SJM's world, there is no prison term for "legal murder". Silly!!
Seriously, though, how could there be? With her hypothetical pregnant daughter denied a life-saving abortion, it'd make SJM one of those "legal murderers". Doubt she'd want to see herself in prison serving a life sentence.
Take care over there!
Of course their is "no prison term for legal murder". Abortion is legal. How would that woman go to prison for something that is legal?

Another strange egg^^^
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322951 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Feces, I give up. You obviously have a huge block of wood between your ears.
So you lash out instead of providing a source to validate your claim? Typical fundie.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322952 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good. Hopefully not one single baby will miss her date with death.
Typical fundie.... Still referring to a fetus as a baby. Intellectual honesty does not exist in your fundie world.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322953 Mar 13, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, my dearest "Sassafrass..."
You know, sweetness, I'm actually unable to articulate just precisely how much I haven't missed you...
Darling, I know perfectly well that these words will be completely lost on you but, thinking positively, I'm guessing it's a good way to combat the early onset of carpel-tunnel syndrome.
I'm never--not for a second--going to believe that you're even the slightest bit interested in "defending innocent lives."
I know you too well.
You're a conniver, a schemer, a manipulator.
Nothing more, nothing less.
You may have convinced yourself that you're, "acting according to God's Will."
So did Tomas de Torquemada.
You're never going to convince me--I've seen first-hand how you've treated those whom you've felt have fallen-by-the-wayside; they're worthy of nothing other than your contempt.
So much for that most essential element of Christianity--Forgiveness...
Muchos smooches to you too luv!
:)
John,sweetie,just how DO you do it? Be so perfect,I mean? You manage to go along in life thinking that you can support killing developing humans in such a barbaric way,and yet be such a WONDERFUL,civilized,moral person who goes about his business.

You're a legend in your own mind. Oh,I get it. You are not a phony XTIAN like I am,who goes about my business,but REFUSES to allow people to discriminate against the innocent among us who's only "crime" is to be unwanted by his or her mothers. How FREAKIN DARE I defend those little lives. Ugh! No WONDER you think that I am a hypocrite,phony Xtian.

Oh,btw,...who are these people who I hold contempt for that have "fallen-by-the-wayside "? Interesting. Can't wait to hear who they are.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322954 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You said a helluva lot more than that, sis. You referenced the fact that homosexuals don't have children, as the reason God disapproves of their unions. That having children is the only reason God provided us with sex organs..
But you've never once agreed that wearing mixed fibers, cutting one's facial hair, and eating shellfish, are JUST as offensive to God today, as they were then, according to those self-same verses in Leviticus prohibiting homosexual behavior. Somehow, those are fine, but putting the pee-pee stick in the exit door is still a no-no.
You've never once acknowledged that the only mentions of abortion in the Bible, COMMAND its use rather than condemning it - or that it's the Biblical husband who is compensated for a miscarriage induced by violence, rather than the woman carrying the pregnancy.
You prefer to call the Bible 'ancient history which no longer applies', when it prohibits things you do all the time, and claim the parts you agree with, somehow do apply, because you agree with them.
You're not fooling anybody but yourself, hon.
Why,in your opinion,wouldn't a homosexual couple not be able to reproduce?

Anyone is free to address this. I know that nobody will but,what the heck...
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322955 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> That you feel your beliefs need defending says a lot, don't you think? If your beliefs are the be all and end all of belief systems, what's to defend?
<quoted text> Oh
the
freakin'
irony.
You want to decide for everyone what we should believe, and how we should live, and who we should shag, and what should appall us.
Pfft.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know, since I have many beliefs which have nothing to with anyone else's personal behavior. My preference is for keeping my beliefs to myself.
<quoted text>Yes. Since my personal beliefs apply IN PRACTICE only to me, however, what would be the point of discussing them with you?
""""" """I wouldn't know, since I have many beliefs which have nothing to with anyone else's personal behavior. My preference is for keeping my beliefs to myself"""" """""

Bull! Your lack of belief/faith has led you to thinking that you have a right to play God-who GIVES life,CREATES life and takes life.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322956 Mar 13, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Most of the nasty, name calling, and down right crude and offensive posts I've read come from pro-life christians who advocate against abortion, and who chastize, demean and belittle those who do not agree with their beliefs, whether religious, or related to abortion.
And you people are supposed to have the "love of christ" in your lives.'
What a bunch of bullsh*t!
The love "of Christ" calls for truth. We are called to defend the weakest,vulnerable and innocent among us(from people like YOU who think that barbarically butchering their developing bodies and life is acceptable).

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322957 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was Bitner that said gay marriage has been around forever. It hasn't. It's new.
Relative to human existence, so is marriage of any description. Assuredly including yours.

If early homo sapiens (say, around 3500 BC) wanted to hook up, they did, and that's how it worked. Nobody was obligated to stay with one partner, or get pregnant, or stay celibate altogether, or gestate, or worship the gods of others. We just randomly copulated, and pregnant women were left to our own devices

Maybe we should go back, after all, eh?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322958 Mar 13, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
"All" is self explanatory. However when people say "most" they are clearly including first trimester elective abortions that RvW permits since it is during this time that the overwhelming majority of abortions take place. Someone who supports abortion only in cases of maternal or fetal health or life risk could not say "most" as only a small percentage of abortions are done for that reason.
<quoted text>
Right. And it's always laughable when posters like Katie, who agree with RvW and support the post viability restrictions that RvW allows, try to claim that they aren't supporting the right to infringe on a woman's personal autonomy.
EXACTLY!
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322959 Mar 13, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So you lash out instead of providing a source to validate your claim? Typical fundie.
LOL That's not lashing out. It's just an observation.

Everyday well known facts don't need validation. You can swim upstream by yourself.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322960 Mar 13, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sorry you feel that's an expression of anger. Would you feel better if I changed my head line to read Judaism Rocks?
You sound like an angry teenager having a mental breakdown. If you don't believe in Christianity,or you call most Christians fake,then pay no mind to that religion or the people in it. You have this childish need to use it as a headline?

Do you also have a big tattoo on your back that reads "DISCO SUCKS" too?

LMAO!! Get a grip Noah.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322961 Mar 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" """I wouldn't know, since I have many beliefs which have nothing to with anyone else's personal behavior. My preference is for keeping my beliefs to myself"""" """""
Bull! Your lack of belief/faith has led you to thinking that you have a right to play God-who GIVES life,CREATES life and takes life.
Since there is no 'god', it's impossible to 'play God'.

Of course, if you DO believe in a 'god' and believe that god 'gives life, creates life, and takes life.........but you approve of flogging a corpse to gestate against the wishes of that formerly LIVING PERSON..... YOU'RE the one playing god.

Next....
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322962 Mar 13, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
"I can't walk around and do this job without keeping in mind that every person's body has its own right, and for me, being pregnant is a choice."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-abortion-la...
NEW ORLEANS -- A federal appeals court heard arguments Monday on whether the state of Texas can enforce a law that led to the closing of several abortion clinics, a case that ultimately appears bound for the U.S. Supreme Court.
Has Lenzi set up a fund for women who want to keep their baby but feel forced to abort because of their unfortunate circumstances (bf or booty call dumped her,no money,family abandoned her when she got pregnant,no where to go,needs help,etc...)???

What about a fund set up for physical,mental,emotional help for women who HAVE aborted and are suffering from what they did?

NOOOOOOO of COURSE not. Proaborts ONLY care about killing as choice. Needy women have NOTHING to do with their agenda.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322963 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since there is no 'god', it's impossible to 'play God'.
Of course, if you DO believe in a 'god' and believe that god 'gives life, creates life, and takes life.........but you approve of flogging a corpse to gestate against the wishes of that formerly LIVING PERSON..... YOU'RE the one playing god.
Next....
That "corpse" was a woman with a beating heart who was being kept alive temporarily to keep her child alive and developing.

Have a little respect for that womans memory,will ya?

Your own son stayed alive for the benefit of another humans life(many probably) but this woman SHOULDN'T have been kept alive for the sake of her developing baby?

You're a hypocrite you are lady. I would LOVE to see your reaction at ANYONE who accused YOU of "flogging your sons corpse". You'd be the first to say that he wanted it this way to keep another alive or to help another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Earl 1,510,199
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Tue The Phartss 32,832
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,478
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web