Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346076 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323076 Mar 15, 2014
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
You support the choice of killing a human in the womb? So, do tell, what stops you from killing an adult/ adolescent /toddler? They are also "human".
They won't because they would have to look them in the eye and they can't. Hell, they don't even want the potential aborter to see an ultrasound.
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323077 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Potential citizens don't need protection. It's only a fetus and the owner [mother] should be able to decide if she wants to stay pregnant. Do you think the state should be able to protect a fetus from it's mother killing it?

Personally, I do not. A woman deserves equal protection under the law. A fetus is not a citizen and has no rights pre birth and limited rights thereafter until reaching the age of 21. However, I am not on the SCOTUS therefore my opinion, like yours, doesn't matter. I didn't write the decision. I am just telling you what they determined to be allowable under the constitutional rights granted to a woman. You should read it sometime.
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323078 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I diagnosed myself as pregnant. Not too hard to figure that out.
and what you diagnose as pregnancy might actually be cancer.
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323079 Mar 15, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to add in about her hypocrisy. Ink can insult people when it suits her but when she gets it back suddenly she becomes the poor victim of "intolerance".
Typical persecuted, hypocrital, religionist!
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323080 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can leave a newborn at a fire station, church or a police station and that child will be cared for and adopted. Parents are waiting and praying for a child to call their own.
So tell them to contact the foster care system immediately. If they are sitting around talking to themselves as opposed to adopting this moment, they should probably remain childless.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323081 Mar 15, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I do not. A woman deserves equal protection under the law. A fetus is not a citizen and has no rights pre birth and limited rights thereafter until reaching the age of 21. However, I am not on the SCOTUS therefore my opinion, like yours, doesn't matter. I didn't write the decision. I am just telling you what they determined to be allowable under the constitutional rights granted to a woman. You should read it sometime.
I have read it and it isn't hard to understand that they gave the states the right to protect the child from it's mother after a certain gestational age. What I don't understand is the acquiescence that the pro choice crowd shows about being told by the government when they can abort.
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323082 Mar 15, 2014
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
You support the choice of killing a human in the womb? So, do tell, what stops you from killing an adult/ adolescent /toddler? They are also "human".
You poor dear. There are no humans to kill in a womb. There is, during a successful pregnancy, developing human tissue in a uterus, but humans are born. Nothing stops people from killing born humans either. Not even laws against it. So, your point was??
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323083 Mar 15, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text> So tell them to contact the foster care system immediately. If they are sitting around talking to themselves as opposed to adopting this moment, they should probably remain childless.
A couple who wants a baby does register with an adoption agency. Do you think you have to tell them to do that?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323084 Mar 15, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text> Typical persecuted, hypocrital, religionist!
Man, you already ran out of stupid things to write so it's time for dirt throwing. LOL
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323085 Mar 15, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text> and what you diagnose as pregnancy might actually be cancer.
You wouldn't know the difference, would you?
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323086 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't because they would have to look them in the eye and they can't. Hell, they don't even want the potential aborter to see an ultrasound.
LOL. That's a funny fantasy. People kill each other every day.

Btw, Abortion is a legal right in this country. You're been babbling this type of nonsense here for years and guess what? Abortion is still a right in this country. Keep up the great work!!
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323087 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple who wants a baby does register with an adoption agency. Do you think you have to tell them to do that?
Silly me. I thought you wrote people were praying for a child to adopt. Oh, wait, you did. Do try to focus. Or make up your mind.

Why not go to the foster care program and get a child immediately? There are plenty available today.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323088 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Potential citizens don't need protection. It's only a fetus and the owner [mother] should be able to decide if she wants to stay pregnant. Do you think the state should be able to protect a fetus from it's mother killing it?
The closer a fetus gets to delivery, the more the State hopes to eventually collect taxes from it, and send it to war.

That's the interest of the State.
Next....
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323089 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read it and it isn't hard to understand that they gave the states the right to protect the child from it's mother after a certain gestational age. What I don't understand is the acquiescence that the pro choice crowd shows about being told by the government when they can abort.
Well perhaps we are satisfied with the 6 month window of choice and the exceptions for health and well being of the woman beyond that? And of course we've been watching you anti's waste your time, energy, and money on a useless agenda. You've made fools of yourselves. I guess we're just smarter and already have what we need.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323090 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I didn't. I wasn't sick and didn't need any care although a doctor did deliver. We used to go to a doctor when we were ill not pregnant.
What???

A doctor was involved in your non-medical pregnancy?

Why didn't you call a plumber,instead?
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323091 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you already ran out of stupid things to write so it's time for dirt throwing. LOL
Uh oh. There's one of those holier than thou name calling insults. Shame on you. Jesus is weeping..
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323092 Mar 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know the difference, would you?
Well of course I would. I'd be at the doctor seeking medical care for my medical condition. You're the one that would deliver death 9 months after your self misdiagnoses.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323093 Mar 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The closer a fetus gets to delivery, the more the State hopes to eventually collect taxes from it, and send it to war.
Next....
Or pay cradle to grave welfare. Who knows if she will ever make enough money to pay taxes or volunteer for the armed services.

The fetus is being protected from it's mother, just as her born children would be.
ChickBrilliance

Southbury, CT

#323094 Mar 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The closer a fetus gets to delivery, the more the State hopes to eventually collect taxes from it, and send it to war.
Next....
Perfect. Maybe she can grasp that explanation?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323095 Mar 15, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text> Silly me. I thought you wrote people were praying for a child to adopt. Oh, wait, you did. Do try to focus. Or make up your mind.
Why not go to the foster care program and get a child immediately? There are plenty available today.
Silly you indeed with no concept of prayer.

Many do get children from foster care but many of those children are in legal limbo. Most have parents and are not adoptable.

It must be nice to be so full of easy answers. Put some thought into what you write.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,781,233
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 27 min Chosen Traveler 36,091
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity 6 hr Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4