Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311316 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#322843 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a question here?
Does it look like a question was asked or proof of what Religion (two of the three largest in America) and their leaders have declared pertaining to women?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322844 Mar 12, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What? SJM, I'm expected to believe you don't know anyone who knew someone who knew someone else forced to become pregnant? Wow. That's gotta be a first!
Why don't you google it? There're plenty of legitimate sites ready to educate *you*... warrior princess wannabe.
Katie honey, STO didn't ask me if I knew anyone who was raped (forced to become pregnant). He asked me how women have aborted.

Warrior Princess wannabe bids you a good day!
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322845 Mar 12, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean your personal twisting of it to meet what you wish it to mean. Again, explain the other passages I put.
Since I already explained one passage and you condemn what I said, why do you want me to waste my time with you on another. You won't even consider that maybe you misunderstood it or didn't bother to look deeper?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322846 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'evidence has as many holes in it as swiss cheese.
The only acceptable evidence would have to come from a pre -21st century gay agenda.
The only "evidence" YOU accept are those who are saying what you want to hear, whether it's fact or not. That is clear from your posts over the years, Witless.

But thank you, for proving me right.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322847 Mar 12, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she does. Good to see you, Pb.
(do I need to mention your tiniest toenail holds more compassion and empathy than her entire being?)
Pbfa (and you too) fight for killing human lives because Mom doesnt want them. So, umm, yeah,....you both are a joke and a half discussing how does or doesn't possess compassion and empathy towards others.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322848 Mar 12, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "evidence" YOU accept are those who are saying what you want to hear, whether it's fact or not. That is clear from your posts over the years, Witless.
But thank you, for proving me right.
I guess you have nothing better to offer. I'll go with the real history.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322849 Mar 12, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha!
Now do you see what I mean "A-P?"
A member of the trio predictably "brays."
Sigh...
Precisely the reply that I was expecting. How DARE anyone suggests that you or any other proabort should take a look in the mirror and do a little soul searching to find out what your character REALLY is.

Listen John my dear friend, you just ignore silly sassy here and keep convincing yourself that us fake Christians who defend innocent lives are the bad ones while you continue supporting selfish,irresponsible, barbaric, inhumane behaviour.WhatEVER it takes to easenyour conscience for the moment.

**smoochies**
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322850 Mar 12, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
What precisely is that "good reason?"
<quoted text>
It's unnatural. It's unhealthy.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322851 Mar 12, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
F*CK your genocidal, minor-impregnating, non-existent god. Your superstitions have nothing to do with civil marriage on any level.
<quoted text>
Why so emotional over my "superstitions"?. Do you act this way to friends or family or acquaintances who believe in the same "non-existent God?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322852 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have nothing better to offer. I'll go with the real history.
You just keep proving my point that you won't consider anything that disagrees with your own prejudices.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322853 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good reason was that it was important to produce children in order to continue the peoples and culture. It was also important to have enough population to protect the group, tribe or city.
Isn't that just common sense?
Homosexual behaviour has been practiced since forever but it's clear that it never led to anything but a fling. Future generations would cease to exist if those practicing stayed with their own sex. Like I said, it's not only unnatural but it is unhealthy. Today SS unions have become socially accepted by some but the consequences haven't really been seen on a big scale yet.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322854 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Why so emotional over my "superstitions"?. Do you act this way to friends or family or acquaintances who believe in the same "non-existent God?
Yeah, I don't get the over reaction.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322855 Mar 12, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep proving my point that you won't consider anything that disagrees with your own prejudices.
History isn't prejudice. It just is what it is and it cannot be changed, much as you would like.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322856 Mar 12, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need permission from no one to state facts. You believe I made this up? Take it up with the legislature.
<quoted text>
Of course. Then again, she's the one who calls abortion "murder," when it's not.
<quoted text>
When it refers to abortion, you're correct. Abortion isn't murder. With regard to your statement above, again, go ahead and argue that with the legislature.
<quoted text>
Today? None so far. Then again, I'm not a police officer, so the likelihood I'll be in a position to prevent a murder, is rather slim. But, in my lifetime, I have prevented two people from being killed, in addition to having killed many people. Whether my preventative actions classify as preventing a "murder," in it's legal definition, is a whole other story.
<quoted text>d
You actually think??? Amazing!!!!
Where exactly does it say that anyone who doesnt prevent a murder is guilty of murder? I can't wait to see this "fact".

Oh, so you haven't stopped a murder today? You must be a murderer according to "legislation"
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322857 Mar 12, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
All it (what you put) means is that God created both man and women. But with the scripture I cited it goes on to fully mean that women must be obedient to men (husbands). I cited four varying verses to show this. So who is cherry-picking, you or me?
Btw, in the old testament did you know Moses, due to not having enough money (gold) to pay his army, paid his soldiers by giving them teen girls captured in towns they conquered? He gave them sex-slaves.
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."
At Shiloh (a town friendly to him) Moses had his soldiers kidnap young girls that went to a vineyard to dance in a festival.
A father also had the right to sell his daughters into slavery. But my favorite is the instructions on what to do if a man on his wedding night finds out his bride isn't a virgin …..
"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die."
There’s a lot more if you want me to put it.
Why do all monotheistic religions to varying degrees require men have dominance over, or be a step above, women? Because it drew in male followers. A lot of people are raised by the bible. Take another look at the scriptures I cited in my post before this one. There's even more than those about women must be obedient to men, how we must dress, act, & more. Does the traditional church wedding ceremony have a vow that the groom will obey the wife? No. But the bride's part has her saying she will obey the husband. You don't think all those things doesn't have an influence or subconscious affect upon boys that grow into men? Do these things contribute to things like discrimination in the workplace? A lot of religions, even here in America, ban women from being preachers, pastors, bishops, etc.
I for one don’t want this stuff taught to my future daughters (not even taught to future sons).
This is why they (churches) fight against things like birth control pills (covered by insurance for example). The pill, and abortion, let women choose our own path in life. It empowers women to be on the same level as men. Religions don't want that. You can see that throughout the Bible. You can also see it in all the anti-women bills and bill blackages being done by Republican leaders that are catering to the religious movement.
""cabortion allows women choose ournown path. It empowers women to be on the same level as men"""

Killing your developing offspring "empowers you"??? You become on "the same level as a man"? WHO taught you this insanity? Let me guess,...your proabort mother??

Your proabortion movement has produced dysfunctional puppets.

Sad.

Disturbing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322858 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
History isn't prejudice. It just is what it is and it cannot be changed, much as you would like.
No did I say history is prejudice. What are you babbling about, Witless?

I said YOU won't consider any history that disagrees with YOUR prejudice, and that is a fact. You continue to prove this daily.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322859 Mar 12, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No did I say history is prejudice. What are you babbling about, Witless?
I said YOU won't consider any history that disagrees with YOUR prejudice, and that is a fact. You continue to prove this daily.
You can't change history.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322860 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a biased opinion that if you want the population to grow or even maintain you need to produce children? How in your biased opinion, would you grow the population without children?
You really think we need to 'grow the population', while there are starving people in every corner of the populated world, and the current population numbers are in the billions?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322861 Mar 12, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies don't have to be tolerated. Who told you they do? I'm not "coping" with a differing opinion, I'm pointing out your lies. There is a difference.
To quote one of my favorite women, Judi Dench "One of the benefits of being a mature, well-educated woman is that you're not afraid of expletives. And you have no fear to put a fool in his (or her-parentheses mine) place. That's the power of language and experience. You learn a lot from Shakespeare."
If Judi says this, which impresses you so, why do you take offense when people put you in your place?
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322862 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed because I can imagine you, panties in a wad, sputtering away as you type a response. It's a funny picture.
When you throw rocks be ready for a battle. My humility, I owe to God, certainly not you.
What are you talking about? You insert yourself into a conversation that has nothing to do with you, yet here you are, flinging insults like you're the queen bee or warrior princess ... or something. You're nothing but a fake, a phony. Pb responded to SJM. I said something to Pb. You butted in just like the nosy parker you are, xtian.

And still, you haven't denied outing yourself as SJM. The jig is up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min FYVM 1,394,458
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Yes We Are 9,780
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr thetruth 255,484
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web