Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 340603 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322779 Mar 11, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/...
"Former President Bush's effort to make the social safety net more religious, was one of the flash points of the culture wars that raged as he came to office in 2001: Funding religious groups, well placed in communities to serve the needy, was criticized for the potential for proselytizing and hiring bias using tax dollars.
Today, experts say the initiatives sparked more political debate than meaningful change to the social service landscape. Perhaps most important, the initiatives – carried forward in different ways by the Obama administration – "overcame the 'culture of resistance' " to such government-religious partnerships, noted a 2009 study of the program by the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government and the Roundtable on Religion and Social Welfare Policy."
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2012/032...
You believe our taxpayer dollars should fund religious projects, and I don't. I believe funding churches, is the job of the people who attend them.
No one should have to contribute to anyone else's church, and that's basically what 'faith-based initiative' is all about.....making me fund the application of your religious views, whether or not I agree with them.
Who is going to take care of all the needy people if not people of faith?

In emphasizing specific goals, Obama has broken with the Bush approach, says Daly. Policy priorities cover economic recovery, maternal and child health (including reducing unwanted pregnancies), responsible fatherhood, and interfaith cooperation.

Obama is still eager to work with faith-based groups on unmet needs, says DuBois. For instance, in 2011, the US Department of Agriculture funded 1,465 new religious sites to serve food during the summer to kids who qualify for subsidized lunches.

"President Obama said,'How about we focus on how we can help people who are facing specific challenges [and] bring in any faith-based organizations that want to help solve those challenges?' " says DuBois.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322780 Mar 11, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Same sex marriage has never been formally accepted by YOUR little corner of this one culture. Other cultures have formally and informally recognized it, since the dawn of time.
You just REALLY don't care to admit that, and would rather just 'not know'.
<quoted text>Oh for krissake!! We've SHOWN you evidence, and shown you, and shown you, and shown you some more.
You choose to ignore it.
I'm tired of repeating myself, and doing all your legwork.
Read the contents of the thread over the last few days, again.
They obviously eluded you the first time.
No you haven't shown anything because you can't.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#322781 Mar 11, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to take care of all the needy people if not people of faith?
In emphasizing specific goals, Obama has broken with the Bush approach, says Daly. Policy priorities cover economic recovery, maternal and child health (including reducing unwanted pregnancies), responsible fatherhood, and interfaith cooperation.
Obama is still eager to work with faith-based groups on unmet needs, says DuBois. For instance, in 2011, the US Department of Agriculture funded 1,465 new religious sites to serve food during the summer to kids who qualify for subsidized lunches.
"President Obama said,'How about we focus on how we can help people who are facing specific challenges [and] bring in any faith-based organizations that want to help solve those challenges?' " says DuBois.
Like the "people of faith" who have eviscerated food stamps, cut VETERAN's benefits, reduced medical help for the poor, slashed unemployment? How do you think those measures help the needy? All those fat, old white boys would sure claim they were people of faith, Inkstain. Just ask them.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322782 Mar 11, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect.
Why? You'll just ignore it, like you always do. Like you did with the link someone else posted about Native Americans.
Fine. I'll give you something to ignore, showing once again your true colors.
http://www.randomhistory.com/history-of-gay-m...
This is the only line in your entire gay leaning article that says gay 'marriage' and those are the words of the writer.

"Evidence exists that same-sex marriages were tolerated in parts of Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt."

Tollerated? That doesn't sound like an endorsement.

I never said that there were not homosexuals or homosexual behavior but 'marriage' is different.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322783 Mar 11, 2014
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the "people of faith" who have eviscerated food stamps, cut VETERAN's benefits, reduced medical help for the poor, slashed unemployment? How do you think those measures help the needy? All those fat, old white boys would sure claim they were people of faith, Inkstain. Just ask them.
Do you ever tell the truth?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322784 Mar 11, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
I can say one thing for the large older religions, to gain followers by promising them obedient submissive women was a stroke of genius. It worked very well in drawing male followers for Christianity, Islam, and even smaller ones that sprang up in America such as the FLDS (multiple child wives).
Setting aside all the Republican bills against women which are across the nation .....
“But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.”
"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord."
"For a man is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head."
Yes ..... I'll get right on those four. Yep, I sure will. All the people which teach the above things to little girls ..... just hold your breath until I do.
Now everybody can go look up the terms brainwashed, subjugation, and sexism.
You wouldn't be cherry picking the Bible again, would you?

The chapter goes on to say:

"Yet neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man in the Lord. For as the woman is from the man, so also is the man through the woman, but all things are from God."
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322785 Mar 11, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first link says "page not found". Your second is one person quoted. I know what I've read, from many sources. And I don't care what you think.
Marriage predates Christianity and Judaism (with the Hebrews practicing polygamy anyway, so much for "one man, one woman" @@) as well. It is unique to culture, and different cultures treated it differently. Again, it's not your religion's to define for anyone not OF your religion. The RCC does not have a monopoly on it, and doesn't get to decide when it's valid for everyone. Period.
http://christianity.about.com/ od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/marri agecovenan.htm

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses...
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322786 Mar 11, 2014
http://christianity.about.com/ od/whatdoesthebiblesay/a/marri agecovenan.htm
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322787 Mar 11, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many American women have obtained an abortion? Those who are alive, today?
Hmmm....Let's see,it's like over 50 million recorded abortions done since RvW so who knows.

Do you?

Your point?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322788 Mar 11, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi StO :)
You're asking SJM this question? She isn't going to have the first clue. She's too busy spreading that false claim that abortion is somehow a crime against humanity and she is somehow a warrior princess. As if forgetting the opposite is true; forced pregnancy is a crime against humanity. She must force herself to forget that pregnancy ending prior to term whether induced or spontaneous is not a crime nor against humanity.
I know. Why would he ask me such a dumb question. Nobody knows exactly how many women have aborted. He has a point to this and I am just dying to find out what it is. I am sure it's a doozy.

Abortion kills the life of a human. We ALL agree on that Katie. MOST abortions are done out of convenience(Mom doesn't want to raise her child and so instead of giving her child up for adoption,she pays to have her developing child/offspring killed). YES,killing an innocent life because they are unwanted by Mom is a crime against humanity. I WILL continue my fight for life whether you like it or not.

"forced pregnancy"

What's a "forced pregnancy" Katie? A woman who gets pregnant while raped? Yes,that is a crime to be raped. Being forced to have sex is a crime against humanity. Other than that,NO WOMAN becomes pregnant by force. You need to educate yourself a little before you post.

Kthanks.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322789 Mar 11, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Where in Genesis does it say anything about marriage?
Open your bible and read. He begins with Adam and Eve becoming "one" flesh. In marriage the two become ONE flesh.

Genesis[24] Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh.[25] And they were both naked: to wit, Adam and his wife: and were not ashamed.

Ten commandments "thou shall not commit adultery"

Etc...
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322790 Mar 11, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
"with good reason"
I'm willing to bet the reasons you would list are just your personal, biased opinions and nothing more.
No it had to do with reproduction. A very important goal in those days. Don't you get tired of being wrong?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322791 Mar 11, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Same sex marriage has never been formally accepted by YOUR little corner of this one culture. Other cultures have formally and informally recognized it, since the dawn of time.
You just REALLY don't care to admit that, and would rather just 'not know'.
<quoted text>Oh for krissake!! We've SHOWN you evidence, and shown you, and shown you, and shown you some more.
You choose to ignore it.
I'm tired of repeating myself, and doing all your legwork.
Read the contents of the thread over the last few days, again.
They obviously eluded you the first time.
Same sex unions(homosexualtiy) goes against God. Open your bible and read all about it. He called it an abomination. He loves the sinners not the sins(and we are ALL guilty of sin).
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322792 Mar 11, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL her? She is such an angry person. One of the worst on here. VERY anti-God,anti-life,anti-truth. Be easy on her though,she has deep down issues. I kinda feel sorry for her.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322793 Mar 11, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> LOL her? She is such an angry person. One of the worst on here. VERY anti-God,anti-life,anti-truth. Be easy on her though,she has deep down issues. I kinda feel sorry for her.
Okay. Thanks for the heads up. The problem is I never know who I am talking to, they all use different names and they all sound like parrots anyway.

“Beauty on four legs”

Location hidden

#322794 Mar 11, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was stupid, even for you. Just admit the damage your "people of faith" have done & are doing to the needy people your Jesus loved. The truth will set you free! Try it, Inkstain. It works for me.

“Beauty on four legs”

Location hidden

#322795 Mar 11, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> LOL her? She is such an angry person. One of the worst on here. VERY anti-God,anti-life,anti-truth. Be easy on her though,she has deep down issues. I kinda feel sorry for her.
No, you don't, at all. That might require compassion or empathy & you fail at both of those.
Lil NAP

Chicago, IL

#322796 Mar 11, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it's kinda cute, for a snub on a white girl.
What do you call your nose?
I'm guessing 'garden'.
Next...
Let the nose schtick go already, Tiny.
We've established what you're packin.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322797 Mar 11, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Thanks for the heads up. The problem is I never know who I am talking to, they all use different names and they all sound like parrots anyway.
She has been on these threads forever. She does come here in disguise. Why? I don't know why. She is a hardcore proabort. She proudly had her bloody hands involved. She is stone cold about human life. She's the walking dead if you will. She
, like MANY on here, have nothing left to their consciences. I sense a deep rooted emptiness in her and her kind. Lost souls really. I feel sorry for her because people like her (I believe) experienced much negativity and hurt in their lives from early on (most likely). Sadly and tragically, they take their hurts and frustrationsnout on innocent victims who can't defend themselves. Oh, and the women whom they encourage to abort as choice(deceiving them),they can not an iota about AFTER the abortion is accomplished.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322798 Mar 11, 2014
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was stupid, even for you. Just admit the damage your "people of faith" have done & are doing to the needy people your Jesus loved. The truth will set you free! Try it, Inkstain. It works for me.
Catholic charities help more needy people then your tiny little brain could image. IN Jesus name btw.

But you already knew that, didn't you sweetie ;)

Funny hearing a proabort pointing fingers at those who "damage" or the "damage done" by others.

FYI, people of all kinds have done damage of all sorts. Nobody denies that. We live in a verynselfish world. Thank God for the goodness in many though, right ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min RoxLo 1,760,152
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,927
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480