Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322402 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The point wasn't addressed to me. I was just pointing out an error.
The poster made no error. YOU assumed they were referring to Jesus.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322403 Feb 21, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Do yo realize that in Mississippi there is only one abortion clinic in the entire state and now, the doctors who work at that clinic cannot perform abortions unless they have hospital privileges at a local hospitals, and that all hospitals are denying them all hospital privileges?
http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2012/nov...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/17/politics/missis...
Luckily, Judge Jordan extended a restraining order preventing the state from revoking the clinic's license.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/miss...
Do you realize that Mississippi's governor is a Republican? Can you read what is his wish for his state? That it be "abortion free."
Now, do you really want to affirm that the Republican Party is not trying to make abortion illegal?
The GOP, and especially the Tea Party will try anything, legal and illegal, to deny a woman her right to an abortion.
This is what I was answering to, not just abortion.

Are you saying the conservative platform doesn't include slashing the social safety net?
Or slashing funds for public education?
Or trying to make reproductive heath insurance for women inaccessible , and abortion, illegal?

I think you would find that conservatives believe strongly in states rights and it looks like the people of Miss vote against being an abortion state with fly in doctors for the sole purpose of killing babies in the womb. It isn't just the politicians, it's the people, the hospitals and other doctors who don't want it in their state. I think you should worry because the folks are rethinking their acceptance of abortion as birth control.

When I didn't like the politics, way back when, of one state, I moved to the next and was abundantly happier.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322404 Feb 21, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster made no error. YOU assumed they were referring to Jesus.
New day same Bitner. Oh my.

For a laugh, who do you think we are talking about?

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The immaculate conception doesn't refer to the birth of Christ.

Playa said;
Not his birth, no.

Just his conception.

Next....

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322405 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
New day same Bitner. Oh my.
For a laugh, who do you think we are talking about?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The immaculate conception doesn't refer to the birth of Christ.
Playa said;
Not his birth, no.
Just his conception.
Next....
Whose "error" were you correcting, then, if not NoahRS's? That's what I'm talking about too. There was no error on their part, but an assumption on YOURS.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322407 Feb 21, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose "error" were you correcting, then, if not NoahRS's? That's what I'm talking about too. There was no error on their part, but an assumption on YOURS.
I put it there right in front of you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322409 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I put it there right in front of you.
Nonsense. Your "correction" was to NoahRS's post, not NAP's.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322410 Feb 21, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse manure. The large majority of Americans are dumbfounded to believe their priests, ministers, pastors, and politicians.
Does the name David Koresch mean anything to you? How about Jim Bakker? How many people died in Waco as a result of some whacko? How many people took 2nd and 3rd mortgages on their homes, and then lost everything, just to give it to a fraud who's now in prison?
The people of Mississippi are stupid to think they can deny a woman her right to an abortion, simply because they disagree with it being used as "birth control" as you say. They're not only wrong, they're selfish. And since the majority of them are Southern Baptist, they're also sinning and/or endorsing sin. To rebel against the law of the land is to rebel against god.
That's what your bible means when it says " whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 18:18.
Now, what's going to be your comeback; that I'm cherry picking and citing bible verses out of context????
This measure is a deliberate attempt to do two things; 1- deprive a physician from making a living and 2- deprive a woman from her constitutionally protected right, simply because of what some preacher says. The same preachers who choose to disregard Hosea 13:16, in its literal meaning, by finding ways to circumvent it through moronic interpretations that don't even rival the intelligence of a 1 year old.
Whoa there, you are running off the rails and making no sense.

What do Koresh and Bakker have to do with the conversation?

You are mixing your Bible verses and misconstuing the meaning.

God warns not to follow the prevailing culture in Deut. 12:30-31.
Again not sure what your point is with Matt.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322412 Feb 21, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise one, what in your opinion did either one mean by 'Immaculate Conception'?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322413 Feb 21, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
And it wasn't even a correction. She totally missed the point and is now trying to backpedal her way out of it.
I didn't miss the point but it has been address repeatedly. Just correcting the error about "The Immaculate Conception". It is widely misunderstood.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322414 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise one, what in your opinion did either one mean by 'Immaculate Conception'?
"either one" was not the point. Your original "correction", was for NoahRS's post. It wasn't really a correction, but an assumption, and he already told you why it was an erroneous assumption, Witless.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322415 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss the point but it has been address repeatedly. Just correcting the error about "The Immaculate Conception". It is widely misunderstood.
Again, there was no error. YOU assumed he was talking about Jesus.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322416 Feb 21, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"either one" was not the point. Your original "correction", was for NoahRS's post. It wasn't really a correction, but an assumption, and he already told you why it was an erroneous assumption, Witless.
Were they talking about you? Haven't you got some thing more important to discuss like which part of the kitchen floor you wash first?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322417 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they talking about you? Haven't you got some thing more important to discuss like which part of the kitchen floor you wash first?
Ah, you've realized I was right, and that you assumed. Good. Maybe you will ask next time instead of assuming.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322419 Feb 21, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Inky, Inky, Inky!!! Sometimes I wonder whether you're truly stupid, or you simply try too hard to be stupid.
Your opinion about abortion aside, is Roe v. Wade the law of the land? In other words, can a woman go and have an abortion, legally in the United States? There are only two ways to answer these two questions; yes or no.
If your answer is yes, then Matthew 18:18 is more binding to you than Deut. 12:30-31, which is way off subject to the connection I make with regard to Republican Politicians, cult leaders and the gullibility of many Americans.
See Deut. 12:30 - 31 refers to how you worship god and to not do so in a manner that god hates. A more appropriate correlation would be for a Southern Baptist to pray the rosary.
You say your children were not worldly when they were young; I wonder; did you raise them or did they live in a convent?
Yes it is the law. No one disputes that but laws do get amended and changed.

Matt. 18:18 is Jesus talking to his apostles about forgiving sin and I don't see how that applies to our topic. Feel free to explain.

I was fortunate to be able to raise my kids a long time ago an in a safe environment where they had lots of freedom to be kids.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322420 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa there, you are running off the rails and making no sense.
What do Koresh and Bakker have to do with the conversation?
You are mixing your Bible verses and misconstuing the meaning.
God warns not to follow the prevailing culture in Deut. 12:30-31.
Again not sure what your point is with Matt.
What? More contradictions in the bible?? Say it ain't so!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#322421 Feb 21, 2014
It was6 hours, of which the parents used 6 minutes to "prove" their case. The other 5 hr 54m meant nothing, evidently.
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after all this time and hand-holding, it's pretty clear none of the ACers/PLers understand what being pro-choice is really about.
Switching gears, how long was the video of Mrs. Schiavo, do you remember? Some 6hrs or 16hrs... something like that? And mostly just her staring upward, right? But now we know she had cortical blindness and wasn't capable of seeing anything...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322422 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
So I've been informed. Hey - thanks for helping me learn something new today!

(And I stand corrected, too.)

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322423 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is what I am saying.
You also said I was advocating the removal of your right to vote.

You're sadly delusional, hon. The Republicans of today have sponsored and passed countless pieces of legislation slashing funds for public education while diverting them to private schools, have tried to overturn Obamacare ,SOLELY because of the rules governing the inclusion of women's health care in health insurance policies, FORTY-FOUR times, and are far more interested in rescinding and restricting Civil rights than in governing, or growing the economy.

Again - the Jesus you worship would have seen feeding the multitudes as "removing their incentive to better themselves' and would never have shared his loaves and fishes.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322424 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you write Next.... Is that supposed to mean you think you are right about something. It looks silly when you don't know what you are talking about.
I'm inviting you to throw your next spitwad, sweetheart.

You never disappoint.

(next...)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322425 Feb 21, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
My error was subsequent to her correction, and in fact was in reply to it.

She couldn't have been correcting me....so she MUST have been trying to correct Noah. Who never mentioned Jesus Christ in his post...just the fact that the immaculate conception wouldn't mitigate his inability to gestate......

She extrapolated, and made a logical error....but of course, she chooses to ignore that.
I'm betting she'll decline to stand corrected.

But of course, I could be wrong.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TSM 1,154,361
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min ChristineM 232,926
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,699
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 28,405
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr Joe fortuna 201,179
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Sat Roy the Boy 691
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web