Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322212 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322426 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You also said I was advocating the removal of your right to vote.
You're sadly delusional, hon. The Republicans of today have sponsored and passed countless pieces of legislation slashing funds for public education while diverting them to private schools, have tried to overturn Obamacare ,SOLELY because of the rules governing the inclusion of women's health care in health insurance policies, FORTY-FOUR times, and are far more interested in rescinding and restricting Civil rights than in governing, or growing the economy.
Again - the Jesus you worship would have seen feeding the multitudes as "removing their incentive to better themselves' and would never have shared his loaves and fishes.
And yet the fundies will continue to claim that they are not using their personal religious beliefs to push religion-based legislation.

Liars.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322427 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm inviting you to throw your next spitwad, sweetheart.
You never disappoint.
(next...)
Ask a 1000 different fundies about something about the bible and you'll get 1000 different interpretations, yet every one of those fundies will claim they are the one with the correct information.

That's the beauty of mythology...everyone can be right, just like in philosophy. There are really no wrong answers. Or no right ones either.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322428 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You also said I was advocating the removal of your right to vote.
You're sadly delusional, hon. The Republicans of today have sponsored and passed countless pieces of legislation slashing funds for public education while diverting them to private schools, have tried to overturn Obamacare ,SOLELY because of the rules governing the inclusion of women's health care in health insurance policies, FORTY-FOUR times, and are far more interested in rescinding and restricting Civil rights than in governing, or growing the economy.
Again - the Jesus you worship would have seen feeding the multitudes as "removing their incentive to better themselves' and would never have shared his loaves and fishes.
You aren't going to br believe by anyone except the choir if you just throw out platitudes instead of actually showing a law or a bill that has been passed.

Jesus would have shared everything he had as do many Americans but Jesus criticized the tax collectors at every turn. Most times charity can been handled and administered on a local level better that by a huge federal bureaucracy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322429 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Correct.
My error was subsequent to her correction, and in fact was in reply to it.
She couldn't have been correcting me....so she MUST have been trying to correct Noah. Who never mentioned Jesus Christ in his post...just the fact that the immaculate conception wouldn't mitigate his inability to gestate......
She extrapolated, and made a logical error....but of course, she chooses to ignore that.
I'm betting she'll decline to stand corrected.
But of course, I could be wrong.
:)
Ink? Admit she was wrong? LOL.

She accused ME of not being able to admit when I'm wrong, but that was just projection. I do it all the time. YOU just did it. Ink? Not bloody likely.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322430 Feb 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't going to br believe by anyone except the choir if you just throw out platitudes instead of actually showing a law or a bill that has been passed.
What, you want a list?
in 2013 alone,...
3 states enacted bans on abortion after 20 weeks without an adequate health exception: AR, ND, TX.
1 state banned abortion after 12 weeks without an adequate health exception: AR.
33 states enacted laws that subject women seeking abortion services to biased-counseling requirements and/or mandatory delays: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI.
3 states enacted 5 measures that prohibit organizations receiving state funds from counseling or referring women for abortion services: AR, MI, OH.
3 states enacted 3 laws prohibiting abortion coverage in state insurance exchanges: AR, NC, PA.
3 states enacted 3 measures prohibiting abortion coverage for public employees: GA, NC, SC.
1 state banned abortion before many women know they are pregnant: ND.
4 states enacted 4 measures allowing certain laws that allow certain individuals or institutions to refuse to provide women specific reproductive-health services, information, or referrals: KS, KY, MO, NC.
3 states enacted 4 laws restricting low-income women’s access to abortion: AK, CO, IA.
8 states enacted 8 measures that fund CPCs directly: KS, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, TX, WI.
2 states enacted 2 measures that refer women to CPCs: OH, WI.
8 states enacted 8 measures that subject abortion providers to burdensome restrictions not imposed on other medical professionals: AL, IN, LA, NC, ND, OH, TX, WI.
(And all that's happened just in 2013 - so it's only a partial list of all the laws restricting access to reproductive healthcare over the last decade)
Last Friday the House Tea Party Republicans in Congress dealt another blow to our future economy by passing a federal education bill that would reduce accountability, misappropriate Title 1 grants, and cut funding to public schools by over $1 billion.
Republicans in Congress have attempted to repeal Obama care 44 times because of its mandate to include women's reproductive healthcare in insurance policies. Do you need a link to that too?
yes really

Falls City, NE

#322431 Feb 22, 2014
Abortion is the Antichrist’s demonic parody of the Eucharist. That is why it uses the same holy words, “This is my body,” with the blasphemously opposite meaning. Peter Kreeft
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322432 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What, you want a list?
in 2013 alone,...
3 states enacted bans on abortion after 20 weeks without an adequate health exception: AR, ND, TX.
1 state banned abortion after 12 weeks without an adequate health exception: AR.
33 states enacted laws that subject women seeking abortion services to biased-counseling requirements and/or mandatory delays: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI.
3 states enacted 5 measures that prohibit organizations receiving state funds from counseling or referring women for abortion services: AR, MI, OH.
3 states enacted 3 laws prohibiting abortion coverage in state insurance exchanges: AR, NC, PA.
3 states enacted 3 measures prohibiting abortion coverage for public employees: GA, NC, SC.
1 state banned abortion before many women know they are pregnant: ND.
4 states enacted 4 measures allowing certain laws that allow certain individuals or institutions to refuse to provide women specific reproductive-health services, information, or referrals: KS, KY, MO, NC.
3 states enacted 4 laws restricting low-income women’s access to abortion: AK, CO, IA.
8 states enacted 8 measures that fund CPCs directly: KS, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, TX, WI.
2 states enacted 2 measures that refer women to CPCs: OH, WI.
8 states enacted 8 measures that subject abortion providers to burdensome restrictions not imposed on other medical professionals: AL, IN, LA, NC, ND, OH, TX, WI.
(And all that's happened just in 2013 - so it's only a partial list of all the laws restricting access to reproductive healthcare over the last decade)
Last Friday the House Tea Party Republicans in Congress dealt another blow to our future economy by passing a federal education bill that would reduce accountability, misappropriate Title 1 grants, and cut funding to public schools by over $1 billion.
Republicans in Congress have attempted to repeal Obama care 44 times because of its mandate to include women's reproductive healthcare in insurance policies. Do you need a link to that too?
As far as abortion goes I do see a trend away from 'abortion on demand' The people of this country don't want that anymore. That's democracy.

I would like to read the bill that strips schools of 1 billion dollars. From past experience of liberal claims, it probably doesn't say that at all.

You do realize that Congress can't make any law without the Senate and the President
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322433 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Correct.
My error was subsequent to her correction, and in fact was in reply to it.
She couldn't have been correcting me....so she MUST have been trying to correct Noah. Who never mentioned Jesus Christ in his post...just the fact that the immaculate conception wouldn't mitigate his inability to gestate......
She extrapolated, and made a logical error....but of course, she chooses to ignore that.
I'm betting she'll decline to stand corrected.
But of course, I could be wrong.
:)
Okay, I see now that you meant the OTHER ' immaculate conception'. Of course, what was I thinking. Glad to have educated you anyway.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322434 Feb 22, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the fundies will continue to claim that they are not using their personal religious beliefs to push religion-based legislation.
Liars.
The whole country was founded on the principle and religious belief that all men are created equal with unalienable rights from their Creator

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322435 Feb 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole country was founded on the principle and religious belief that all men are created equal with unalienable rights from their Creator
Human rights are recognized by humans.

The force of creation doesn't give a flying leap at a rolling donut in the dark, about your 'rights'.

People care. Creation just creates.

Quit pretending that you recognize human rights, and recognize that ALL of us, not just the proponents of a given religion, are endowed with them.

Do your religious beliefs concerning equal and inalienable rights allow you to recognize all human rights, or just the ones of which you approve?

The United Nations Declaration of Human Rights:

PREAMBLE

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,

Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,

Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,

Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms

The enumeration of those rights declared to be Human Rights can be found here:
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322436 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Human rights are recognized by humans.
The force of creation doesn't give a flying leap at a rolling donut in the dark, about your 'rights'.
People care. Creation just creates.
Quit pretending that you recognize human rights, and recognize that ALL of us, not just the proponents of a given religion, are endowed with them.
Do your religious beliefs concerning equal and inalienable rights allow you to recognize all human rights, or just the ones of which you approve?
The United Nations Declaration of Human Rights:
PREAMBLE
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,
Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,
Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,
Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,
Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms
The enumeration of those rights declared to be Human Rights can be found here:
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/
The UN is totally useless in protecting anybody's rights. Can you say Somallia, Syria, Ukraine, No. Korea or any other country where the people's rights are being crushed.

Yes I respect everybody's rights even unborn babies and my own.
Nemo Noone

Custer, SD

#322437 Feb 22, 2014
Let me have my freedom to make my own choices. Individual freedom is the distance between those wanting to impose their Theocracy and what Government & laws is actually necessary.

Although I am against most abortions & would impose strict time limits and eliminate all late term abortions, I fully respect the rights of others within these parameters. If one does not believe in abortions under any case or circumstances then don't have one. I will not force you to but quit trying to impose your views on me through big government laws if I feel otherwise.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are supposed to protect my individual rights against your religious beliefs, even if you feel you are of the majority religious faith. I am not interested in living under your religious views. Keep your religious beliefs in your Church and individual life. Individual Freedom is at stake when a loud vocal group based on their moral and religious beliefs can impose their standards on someone else through big government laws. It makes no difference how religiously righteous they believe in their cause. This country is not religious Theocracy of their religious beliefs but a country of freedom built around individual rights and individual freedom. I for one am not interested in living under your set of religious views any more that you likely are of mine.

The real issue at stake here is not abortion. The issue is individual freedom and individual rights to whether women can make up their own mind instead of some right-wing pastor, some self-righteous person, and some right-wing politician for political purposes telling them what they can do. It is an individual freedom issue given to each individual under the Constitution of the USA and the Bill of Rights.
What is freedom? Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for yourself the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument, a thing. Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint, and the absence of a despotic government or religion. Freedom as the right to do as you wish as long as it does not interfere with the equal rights of others. All rights come so wrapped in a society.

Freedom starts with a principle of self-ownership. In a free society, each and every person has legal control (or "by birth ownership") of their own body and mind. As such, I should be free to do as I wish if it does not affect you.

Freedom obviously cannot include the legal right to limit other people's freedom because that would be illogical.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322438 Feb 22, 2014
Nemo Noone wrote:
Although I am against most abortions & would impose strict time limits and eliminate all late term abortions, I fully respect the rights of others within these parameters. If one does not believe in abortions under any case or circumstances then don't have one. I will not force you to but quit trying to impose your views on me through big government laws if I feel otherwise.
Do you realize 'eliminating all late term abortions' would consign pregnant women to carry dead, diseased, and horribly compromised fetuses to 'term', and to continue gestation of toxic pregnancies, probably to their own deaths?

The vast majority of late-term abortions are ONLY done for the reasons of preventing a woman's death and permanent damage to her health, or due to a horribly compromised fetus.

They aren't done frivolously, as you seem to be implying.
Late term abortions are often the most necessary, and usually involve WANTED PREGNANCIES.

Apparently, you're just in favor of abortions done in the first trimester....most SCPL refer to those as 'abortions of convenience'.

I disagree with you, on this one.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322439 Feb 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN is totally useless in protecting anybody's rights. Can you say Somallia, Syria, Ukraine, No. Korea or any other country where the people's rights are being crushed.
Yes I respect everybody's rights even unborn babies and my own.
Is that your answer to whether or not you believe the list of human rights recognized by the UN, are actually human rights, Ink?

Something tells me you disagree with most of them being rights at all.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322440 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your answer to whether or not you believe the list of human rights recognized by the UN, are actually human rights, Ink?
Something tells me you disagree with most of them being rights at all.
Yes I believe in the words but the actions of the UN are pitful when a tyranical government abuses it's citizens.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322441 Feb 22, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say supporting a choice of women to abort means one is pro-abortion and not pro-choice. Very interesting. I suppose you will then agree that not supporting a woman's choice of whether to abort, means one is anti-choice.
If I were you, I'd consider then that even God is pro-choice because he gave us free will to choose the life we lead.
BTW, I couldn't be pregnant even if there was a repeat of the "immaculate conception," if you know what I mean.
Let me give you religious instruction: God is not pro-choice. Mary was not given a choice whether or not to conceive. And then was brainwashed by some heavenly bodies to avoid an abortion.
God did not give us free will. It was a serpent who convinced Eve to eat the apple. God's reaction to that choice was to give a sin to all generations.(Original sin)
However, Mary did not have the Original Sin. This was to make the conception of Jesus "Immaculate".
I posted this lecture a long time ago. But you seem to be a neophyte.
Woodsey Owl

Mooresville, NC

#322442 Feb 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they talking about you? Haven't you got some thing more important to discuss like which part of the kitchen floor you wash first?
Interesting. Someone points out your endless stupidity - and you try to deflect. Just so you know, you ARE a failure at both

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322443 Feb 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly does that have to do with making our laws based on religion? And how would the lawmakers accommodate everyone's religious beliefs? And how do explain the concept of separation of church and state?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322444 Feb 22, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly does that have to do with making our laws based on religion? And how would the lawmakers accommodate everyone's religious beliefs? And how do explain the concept of separation of church and state?
What I was saying is that the belief system of the predominately Christian founders were the basis for fairness and equality in laying out a plan which the new Americans would live by.

We have always accommodated religious beliefs by allowing the expression of those beliefs.

The separation of church and state , which is very important means the the United States of America would never establish a government religion as was the case in England. You had to belong to The Church of England whether you wanted to or not.
Nemo Noone

Custer, SD

#322445 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize 'eliminating all late term abortions' would consign pregnant women to carry dead, diseased, and horribly compromised fetuses to 'term', and to continue gestation of toxic pregnancies, probably to their own deaths?
The vast majority of late-term abortions are ONLY done for the reasons of preventing a woman's death and permanent damage to her health, or due to a horribly compromised fetus.
They aren't done frivolously, as you seem to be implying.
Late term abortions are often the most necessary, and usually involve WANTED PREGNANCIES.
Apparently, you're just in favor of abortions done in the first trimester....most SCPL refer to those as 'abortions of convenience'.
I disagree with you, on this one.
I may not have clearly said but I was just talking about later term abortions because of an unwanted pregnancy.

I would have no problem with a late term abortion regarding dead, diseased, and horribly compromised fetuses to 'term', and to continue gestation of toxic pregnancies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min WelbyMD 1,658,080
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 min Into The Night 11,913
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 min Chosen Traveler 35,095
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web