Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336724 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322364 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people in a PVS don't have a normal brain there is no dispute. When did I say her brain was normal?
Does it bother you that her husband lied about her being bulimic?
LOL, more excuses, AND a deflection. Does that look like more than 20% of brain to you? Again, read the autopsy, which states clearly that aside from the brain stem, the rest was mostly connective tissue and spinal fluid.

The fact is that I proved my statements.

Michael lied? Where are you getting your info from? Because the fact that her doctors hadn't properly diagnosed her bulimia was the basis of the lawsuit that he won. Also, from what I read, it was a friend of Terri's who brought up the bulimia, and blood tests done after her collapse that indicated the low levels of potassium consistent with an eating disorder. Here's a hint, her parent's denial doesn't prove that anyone lied about it. They were in denial about much, apparently.

Stop trying to deflect just because you've been shown you're wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322365 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say she did. Everyone knows that when nourishment is withheld, you will die of dehydration before starving. Get a grip.
Of course you did. You know damned well you've used the phrase "starved to death" in relation to this case.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322366 Feb 20, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
By Science and Medicine, and the results would not change if the prayers stopped.
Maybe so but there wouldn't even be a St Jude's if it wasn't for a person who prayed a lot about being able to provide the science and medicine to sick children. He was a believer and he felt his prayers were answered.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322367 Feb 20, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove and demonstrate how a persons prayers get "answered"?
Until then, you're just vomiting another hollow, fundie claim.
Perhaps this will satisfy you. One of my favorite charities.

http://www.stjude.tv/dannystory.cfm
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322368 Feb 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you did. You know damned well you've used the phrase "starved to death" in relation to this case.
You I used dehydrated and starved just so that you couldn't get your teeth into it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322369 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You I used dehydrated and starved just so that you couldn't get your teeth into it.
No, you also used the phrase "starved to death."

Now, you never addressed Terri's CT scan. Why is that?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322370 Feb 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, more excuses, AND a deflection. Does that look like more than 20% of brain to you? Again, read the autopsy, which states clearly that aside from the brain stem, the rest was mostly connective tissue and spinal fluid.
The fact is that I proved my statements.
Michael lied? Where are you getting your info from? Because the fact that her doctors hadn't properly diagnosed her bulimia was the basis of the lawsuit that he won. Also, from what I read, it was a friend of Terri's who brought up the bulimia, and blood tests done after her collapse that indicated the low levels of potassium consistent with an eating disorder. Here's a hint, her parent's denial doesn't prove that anyone lied about it. They were in denial about much, apparently.
Stop trying to deflect just because you've been shown you're wrong.
So it is your guesstimate. I just wanted to make that clear. There is no dispute that she was severely brain damaged.

Michael's claims of bulimia were not substantiated in the autopsy as the cause of her injury and no witnesses back him up either. He lied.

What am I wrong about?

Do you think it would have been kinder to euthanize her instead of letting her linger two weeks until her body dried out?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322371 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is your guesstimate. I just wanted to make that clear. There is no dispute that she was severely brain damaged.
Michael's claims of bulimia were not substantiated in the autopsy as the cause of her injury and no witnesses back him up either. He lied.
What am I wrong about?
Do you think it would have been kinder to euthanize her instead of letting her linger two weeks until her body dried out?
No, that wasn't my "guesstimate". The 80% figure came from the timeline, which YOU claimed to have read. I told you that.

Stop deflecting, how much of her brain was intact in that 2002 CT scan? You can see it for yourself, not much. Here's a hint, only the light areas are brain tissue.

And I never said the autopsy said anything about the bulimia, and I never claimed it was the cause of her collapse. Could Michael have expressed a belief that it did? I suppose so, but haven't seen anything about that. Which is WHY I asked you where you got the info from. You remember me doing that, and you ignoring it? Terri was bulimic, that's clear. So no, he did not lie.

There WAS a witness, a friend of Terri's, and there were also indications of the blood test. YOU just want to ignore any fact that refutes what you want to believe is true. Shame on those inconvenient facts that disrupt your fantasy life.

And still, this is nothing but your lame attempt to deflect from the proof I offered that you can't acknowledge.

Given that I have REPEATEDLY said that I believe a person's wishes should be honored, and that if they have no written directives then the next of kin, in consultation with the patient's physicians, should make those decisions, you continuing to ask what I think should be done in any given situation is STUPID.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322372 Feb 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you also used the phrase "starved to death."
Now, you never addressed Terri's CT scan. Why is that?
Don't think I did. I was very careful not to. Couldn't let you latch on to a mistatement.

What am I supposed to address. Something new?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322373 Feb 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that wasn't my "guesstimate". The 80% figure came from the timeline, which YOU claimed to have read. I told you that.
Stop deflecting, how much of her brain was intact in that 2002 CT scan? You can see it for yourself, not much. Here's a hint, only the light areas are brain tissue.
And I never said the autopsy said anything about the bulimia, and I never claimed it was the cause of her collapse. Could Michael have expressed a belief that it did? I suppose so, but haven't seen anything about that. Which is WHY I asked you where you got the info from. You remember me doing that, and you ignoring it? Terri was bulimic, that's clear. So no, he did not lie.
There WAS a witness, a friend of Terri's, and there were also indications of the blood test. YOU just want to ignore any fact that refutes what you want to believe is true. Shame on those inconvenient facts that disrupt your fantasy life.
And still, this is nothing but your lame attempt to deflect from the proof I offered that you can't acknowledge.
Given that I have REPEATEDLY said that I believe a person's wishes should be honored, and that if they have no written directives then the next of kin, in consultation with the patient's physicians, should make those decisions, you continuing to ask what I think should be done in any given situation is STUPID.
Still waiting for that 80% link.
It wasn't in the timeline I read.
What makes you think she suffered from bulimia? Where are the facts? From what I read, Teri's friends said she was not bulimic.
Woodsey Owl

Mooresville, NC

#322374 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is your guesstimate. I just wanted to make that clear. There is no dispute that she was severely brain damaged.[/:QUOTE] She was brain dead, not brain damaged. The ONLY portion of her brain that worked was her brain STEM. The autopsy was clear that her frontal cortex was effectively liquified.

[QUOTE]
What am I wrong about?
Unless you can PROVE he "lied" - you're wrong about that too. After the years in the PVS state, they were clear it couldint be proven one way or another.

You're wrong that she "starved to death". The autopsy was QUITE CLEAR on that as well.
No. If you've ever seen a person in a PVS die when ANH is withdrawn, then you'd know its a very peaceful passing.

But then, you're a simple minded uneducated fool who only THINKS she knows it all.

Did you ever have a dog you let die in your basement years ago when you were posting under a different name?
Woodsey Owl

Mooresville, NC

#322375 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for that 80% link.
It wasn't in the timeline I read.
What makes you think she suffered from bulimia? Where are the facts? From what I read, Teri's friends said she was not bulimic.
Something else you know nothing about. If she was bulimic, her friends likely wouldn't have known dummy.

Its not like bulimics advertize it.

The FULL autopsy does discuss it, and says quite plainly it cannot be determined if she was or wasn't either way.
gidget seeks a brain

Chicago, IL

#322376 Feb 20, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
They were praying for magic (as most prayers do). They killed their children because their prayers failed (as most prayers do).
If they pray for their children to be saved and their prayers are answered in the form of doctors with the ability to save them, you don't blame unanswered prayer if they don't avail themselves of those doctors, moron.
gidget seeks a brain

Prairie Village, KS

#322377 Feb 20, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about the content of their prayers?
You did, stupid. When you say it didn't yield the desired result. How would you know the desired result if you didn't know the content of their prayer?
Try to follow what im saying
Whatever those people prayed for it likely did not yield the desired result.
Try to follow this : if you pray to gain intelligence and I pray you remain an ignorant dolt, whose prayer do you think will be answered?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322378 Feb 20, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think I would care, dolt? I live in the US. What's wrong with you?
Hi pbfa. How are ya? Why are you hiding?

I personally don't know why Ink was assume you would care about anyone but yourself. I found it kinda strange actually. I mean...YOU of all people caring about an innocent child? Pfft! WHAT was she thinking?!?!

Sorry she bothered you. I will have a talk with her. Kthanks!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322379 Feb 20, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with BitNer. See?
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
How rude and disrespectful and unchristian of you to continually, erroneously refer to her otherwise. Even those who refer to you as ASSY always manage to include the s in your screen name.:-|
Nobody responded to this post. Nobody has outrage over what happened in San Francisco last Sept/Oct?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/us/california-b...
You, my dear, are a clown. I can't believe that you actually wrote what you just did. Thanks for the laugh lol.

Anywho,...about what happened in California,...umm...what about it? I live in NY. Why would I care about something happening in Calif?(Psst......I am imitating PBFA)
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322380 Feb 20, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after all this time and hand-holding, it's pretty clear none of the ACers/PLers understand what being pro-choice is really about.
Switching gears, how long was the video of Mrs. Schiavo, do you remember? Some 6hrs or 16hrs... something like that? And mostly just her staring upward, right? But now we know she had cortical blindness and wasn't capable of seeing anything...
We understand alright. It means being in favor of a woman deciding if she wants the choice to let her developing child live or die. We are ANTI-CHOICE because we are PRO-LIFE.

The problem is, most of you are proabortion ONLY in the limited, restricted time frame. Which contradicts being labeled PRO-CHOICE.

It is a lie. The whole proabortion movement is. The founding father of NARAL even admitted to it. MANY former abortion providers and staff have admitted to the lies and deceit. Women have been lied to ALL for the money. But hey, you don't want to hear THEM.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322381 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't interfere in other people's lives but they do have strong opinions which no one has to listen to.
When one casts a vote for a politician / lawmaker, whose platform is the slashing of social safety nets, education, and women's health care...you're interfering in people's lives....Of course, it's quite likely you'll retort that the social safety nets are the interference. Which is why I refer to you as a hypocrite, rather than a Christian. The Jesus you worship would have declined to de-incentivize the multitudes by feeding them....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you being tormented by a zealot? I sure don't want anything bad to happen to anyone on here or anywhere else.
Well, you're not knit....I'll give you that much.

:)
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322382 Feb 21, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> We understand alright. It means being in favor of a woman deciding if she wants the choice to let her developing child live or die. We are ANTI-CHOICE because we are PRO-LIFE.
The problem is, most of you are proabortion ONLY in the limited, restricted time frame. Which contradicts being labeled PRO-CHOICE.
It is a lie. The whole proabortion movement is. The founding father of NARAL even admitted to it. MANY former abortion providers and staff have admitted to the lies and deceit. Women have been lied to ALL for the money. But hey, you don't want to hear THEM.
No, the lies told are by you and other ACers/PLers. The entire PLM is built on lies and will come crashing down. You watch and see. It's about supporting other people making individual medical determinations by exercising their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322383 Feb 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this will satisfy you. One of my favorite charities.
http://www.stjude.tv/dannystory.cfm
I asked you to demonstrate HOW prayers get answered(supposedly), not refer to a story.

This is typical of you... Referring to some unfounded BS as evidence, just like you did when claiming that the "biblical"flood in the noahs ark fable was a real event.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,744,973
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 56 min Brew In 35,801
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2