Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,950
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322279 Feb 19, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then either you're not speaking God's language, or your level of perception for divine inspiration is in dire need of ginko biloba.
I am speaking English but since you didn't answer the question, you must not understand it.
John The Outhouse

Glastonbury, CT

#322281 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever prayed for God's help to know what to do in a difficult situation?
We all have much more than an old book to rely on. We have the ability to speak directly to the Father and in return be inspired.
It must be amusing to have an imaginary friend. Most of us outgrow the need for one when we reach adolescence.
John The Outhouse

Glastonbury, CT

#322282 Feb 19, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, given how dumb you come across, it's obvious not even God understands you.
Ink the Stink is almost as intelligent as a houseplant.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322283 Feb 19, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
An obligation? Really? Who's obligation is it; the doctor's? The husband's?
You're not being cold; you're being dumb. A living will is a legal document. Disregarding a living will is the same as disregarding a court order.
Being cold would be to say go ahead and "pull the plug on the unborn baby." And if I was the husband, I would say that if I ever was in that position.
Being pro-choice means endorsing a woman's ability to choose, on her own, whether to end her pregnancy, or carry it to term, no questions asked. And if she's not coherent to make that choice, but there is a legal instrument where she expressed her choice, while coherent and sane, I'm no one to say "hey doc, f*ck her living will. You pull the plug and I'll sue you."
You, OTOH, probably would. And that's what makes you anti-choice.
I am no more anti-choice than you would be pro-abortion .. That is just an assinine way to tick the other side off !!

It is never dumb to want to try your best to bring an unborn baby's life to term ..

Would you feel the same if she wanted to be on artificial life support to bring the baby to term and such was stated in a living will ??

If a womans WANTS ALL MEASURES to save her unborn baby would you be in favor of that ?? EVEN if it meant putting HER life on the line ??
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#322284 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever prayed for God's help to know what to do in a difficult situation?
We all have much more than an old book to rely on. We have the ability to speak directly to the Father and in return be inspired.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/fait...

Prayer certainly did not help their two deceased children.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322285 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you made any legitimate points at all other than the one I did address about Catholic Education. It was and angry rant and a lecture which serves no purpose in communication. I'm not your enemy, we came up through the same background but have developed a very different ideology. We could have an interesting discussion if you would remain rational.
As usual you are full of crap....

Long Night Moon wrote.."AND, in YOUR world that is interfering with God. You can't have it both ways, Ink. Is there a God? Then why do you think it's okay to stand in the way of HIS will? "

Long Night Moon wrote..."I asked you a simple question...do you think Teri wanted to live that way? Do you think she was getting any enjoyment from her life?"

These are not legitimate points? This is what you call an "angry rant"?

These were the questions I had asked and all you've done since is deflect and evade.
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322286 Feb 19, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok ..
Yeah, I am pupsy ..
Thanks for the heads up tho ..
Is Chicky on the threads anymore ??
What about Foo ??
Pupsy, humor me here. Please?

You once posted what your line of work was a few years back.
What was it?
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322287 Feb 19, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, look, Lyin' Sassy has yet ANOTHER tall tale that's supposed to prove something.
If I want to read fiction, I've got plenty of books in my own home.
Your lies don't interest me.
Were you surprised?

I've wondered why SJM doesn't have her own reality show yet. What with her Inspector Gadget submarine car and all...
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322288 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a yes or a no?
When I say I wouldn't stick around to see to it a beloved pet is euthanized for the sole purpose of fulfilling a husband's last wish, would you really take that as a Yes answer, Ink?

Imo, your hypothetical resembles that old suttee practice. You know, where the widow climbs up on the funeral pyre after her husband's death. Whoever thought that up for their dying wish would need to undergo some serious counseling and get familiar with the law, imo. Not to mention it has nothing to do with being medically incapacitated and needing a durable POA to make the decision as to a life or death determination.

Really, you should try harder, Ink.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322289 Feb 19, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no more anti-choice than you would be pro-abortion .. That is just an assinine way to tick the other side off !!
It is never dumb to want to try your best to bring an unborn baby's life to term ..
Would you feel the same if she wanted to be on artificial life support to bring the baby to term and such was stated in a living will ??
If a womans WANTS ALL MEASURES to save her unborn baby would you be in favor of that ?? EVEN if it meant putting HER life on the line ??
Yes, absolutely. Because I support HER making HER own choices....WHATEVER THEY ARE.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322290 Feb 19, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Night Moon wrote.."AND, in YOUR world that is interfering with God. You can't have it both ways, Ink. Is there a God? Then why do you think it's okay to stand in the way of HIS will? "
Long Night Moon wrote..."I asked you a simple question...do you think Teri wanted to live that way? Do you think she was getting any enjoyment from her life?"
These were the questions I had asked and all you've done since is deflect and evade.
That's all she ever does...
John The Outhouse

Glastonbury, CT

#322291 Feb 20, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
When I say I wouldn't stick around to see to it a beloved pet is euthanized for the sole purpose of fulfilling a husband's last wish, would you really take that as a Yes answer, Ink?
Imo, your hypothetical resembles that old suttee practice. You know, where the widow climbs up on the funeral pyre after her husband's death. Whoever thought that up for their dying wish would need to undergo some serious counseling and get familiar with the law, imo. Not to mention it has nothing to do with being medically incapacitated and needing a durable POA to make the decision as to a life or death determination.
Really, you should try harder, Ink.
Ink's brain is a desolate wasteland.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322292 Feb 20, 2014
John The Outhouse wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be amusing to have an imaginary friend. Most of us outgrow the need for one when we reach adolescence.
That's too bad. Does the word 'most' mean you think 'most' people are atheists?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322293 Feb 20, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/fait...
Prayer certainly did not help their two deceased children.
That's all you have to offer? They killed their children.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322294 Feb 20, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Teri was getting anything from her life. I don't know if her responses to her family were genuine. I do know that brain damaged people do get comfort from kindness and attention. Even the most learned doctors cannot tell you how aware each indiviual is.

I just never though someone else should decide that for her.
gidget

Scottsdale, AZ

#322295 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Teri was getting anything from her life. I don't know if her responses to her family were genuine. I do know that brain damaged people do get comfort from kindness and attention. Even the most learned doctors cannot tell you how aware each indiviual is.
Idiot, her brain was soup. She was not physically capable of "enjoyment". Legally and morally, her husband had the right to decide to let her go, in accordance with her wishes. No one else (certainly not you or her parasitic family) had, or should have, that right. Breaking News: Mrs. Schiavo was allowed to slide into death, despite the interference of your moron brigade. You lost against the forces of law and decency, at long last.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322296 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too bad. Does the word 'most' mean you think 'most' people are atheists?
I think MOST people mouth empty platitudes about 'religious beliefs', because it's still perceived as socially necessary to 'believe in SOMETHING', and they might as well say they do.

"God" is convenient, and gives the deliberately obtuse a way to feel safe...because we all die, and that scares people. They don't know why they're here, and they need their existence to have had a point, which they've come to believe it doesn't otherwise have.

So they have to believe in a 'next life'- and someone in control of that 'next life'- because they realize how little control we have over this one, and that "God" isn't exercising any either.
It's fairly obvious that one only gets punished for 'misdeeds' in THIS life, if one is caught doing them by fellow people - "God" couldn't care less....until we're dead....and eternity is a very long time. Feels so much better to be able to say 'Well, that guy who screwed me over, even though I can't prove it and get him punished, is eventually going to Hell for what he did," than it is to admit "That guy screwed me over, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, and nothing's going to happen to him as a result of it, because I can't prove it." So MOST people want to believe "God'll 'GET 'EM" in the end.

Many people HOPE they're in the good graces of "whatever's out there''.....if anything.....and try to live lives as if we might be judged at the end of them, whether we actually BELIEVE we will, or not.

And then there are the zealots....who are absolutely invested in there being a next life, so they can bilk and torment the rest of us, in this one.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322297 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't. She'd made her wishes known to her husband, and the court decided there was enough evidence that she had. Her parents just couldn't accept that, and even said that if they KNEW those were her wishes, they STILL wouldn't honor them.

Again, you wanting to pretend that she was just mildly retarded is dishonest. With 80% of her Cerebral Cortex GONE, she wasn't merely brain damaged.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322300 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you have to offer? They killed their children.
You are full of hollow claims. Show us how prayer has helped them.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322301 Feb 20, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of hollow claims. Show us how prayer has helped them.
What is the point of praying and then refusing to have the children treated? Prayer wont help if you refuse the assistance. That doesn't make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,192,136
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 min Earthling-1 4,334
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min New Age Spiritual... 235,751
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 37 min RiccardoFire 201,409
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr stewart scott 29,073
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Mon CS Rosenberg 71
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Feb 28 IdeasandTruth 1
More from around the web