Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 15,084)

Showing posts 301,661 - 301,680 of303,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that an MRI wasn't done because of the stimulateor in her braim and Wolfson said it was. Also why didn't Michael want swallowing tests done that Wolfson thought should be done especially when the nurses said she had eaten jello?
My recall is an MRI was done prior to the experimental treatment. Once that treatment occurred, the MRI was out. I can no longer have MRIs due to elbow replacement. This used to be a good tool used by the neurologist. Don't know what to tell you, Ink. I think you see suspicious motives because you want to see these.

Without reviewing details of this decades old case, I'm thinking Michael didn't agree to the tests because the last time Terri had them done, she'd failed and gotten a bad case of pneumonia for her efforts. Would you put your loved one through that when you know in your heart of hearts your wife's inability to swallow is fact? It was her parents - who were not next of kin - who fought all the way. They're still fighting. And for what? Who've they've saved in these past 9 years? Besides themselves?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Teri was brain damaged but alive and not terminal. you are saying that she and other people like her should be starved until they die.
Why don't you try, for once, to address what I did actually say, okay? All you're doing is evading addressing any point I make by playing this game.

I will say, that Teri, even in a PVS, probably would be easier to have a discussion with than you.

Hmmm...maybe there should be a new classification..Persistent Cabbage-Head State.

Damn...is there a rock or a doorknob around that I can talk to...?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You should only use arguments that you believe.
Why? So you won't have to face your own hypocrisy? Once again, all you've done is avoid addressing my point.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: "Don't use the word of my God against me if you don't believe in him....it's not fair for you to take what God says literally, when it doesn't support my point."
Wahhhh.
The bottom line is that Ink couldn't refute my point. That much is clear.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I think humanity should take life without just cause? No.
Do you think Teri was happy being in a PVS? Do you think she wanted to be kept that way month after month, year after year? Do you think that's really any way for someone to live?

The person...who was Teri...was gone. Is there any good reason to keep a mindless body alive just laying in a bed forever?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rudeness should send Playa into delirium.
What has Playa got to do with my posts? Nothing, that's what. You're deflecting. You know I'm right. Your only concern is yourself and your own personal feelings. You're a self-centered pig.

Stop whining. If you can't stand the truth, you're free to leave.

It's not rude to call a pig a pig.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the belief Nazi now?
LOL, you're deflecting again.

Just observation of YOUR own actions here, Cabbage. You cherry pick like crazy.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Her body, mind and soul were alive even if damaged. She wasn't brain dead.
Her mind was gone. Her soul? prove it ever existed in the first place. Her body was there, yes.

She was in a persistent vegetative state, with extensive brain damage, 80% of her Cerebral Cortex and part of her brain stem GONE, with zero chance of recovery.

She was as good as brain dead.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the autopsy report like many others have and the final sentence of the neuropathy report from Teri's autopsy as written by the Chief Medical Examiner, Stephen Nelson reads;
"Neuropathic examination alone of the decedent's brain or any brain for that matter cannot prove or disprove a diagnosis of Persistant Vegetative State or minimally conscious state."
They should have checked with you.
The diagnosis wasn't made on "examination alone of the decedent's brain".

Your cherry picking the autopsy report just like you do your own bible.

Taking words out of context prove nothing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Was Dr. Jay Carpenter the only one of those 24 doctors to actually observe Mrs. Schiavo. Do you know? What I know is he observed her for a whopping 45 minutes. He did not, however, examine her.
Now the last guardian ad litem, Dr. Wolfson, observed Mrs. Schiavo for extended periods of time. "In doing this, I spent close to 30 days visiting with Terri each day -- for as long as 4 hours each day, including visits with her parents and her husband."
<snip>
"After spending hours with Terri, getting to know her parents and siblings and her husband, and reviewing all of the evidence, my conclusion was that the competent medical evidence provided in the the case, following the Florida rules of civil procedure and evidence, and according to the Guardianship law in Florida, which was carefully crafted over fifteen years of bipartisan political and religious efforts --- indicated by clear and convincing evidence that she was in a persistent vegetative state, according to the most credible science and medicine. I also concluded that based on the same Florida laws and rules, the trier of fact appropriately determined that Terri had expressed, while she was competent, the intention never to be kept artificially alive under such circumstances. The evidence supporting this included competent legal evidence demonstrating that she personally expressed those intentions at the funerals of two family members who had been on life support -- so it was contextual. Due to the conflict between the parties, I suggested that additional testing could and should be done but ONLY if the parties agreed in advance as to how the results would be used. We almost came to agreement on this option, but for legal reasons, one of the parties pulled out on the last minute."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...
Guess Dr. Wolfson should've checked with you first, huh, Ink?
I read the first four or five. None of those actually did a physical examination. I stopped reading after that.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rudeness should send Playa into delirium.
How so?

Frankly, your insufferable arrogance puts me in a semi-coma.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What has Playa got to do with my posts? Nothing, that's what. You're deflecting. You know I'm right. Your only concern is yourself and your own personal feelings. You're a self-centered pig.
Stop whining. If you can't stand the truth, you're free to leave.
It's not rude to call a pig a pig.
I'm sure you'd tell her if she had mayonnaise on her chin, too...and she'd probably find you 'rude' for pointing it out.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you'd tell her if she had mayonnaise on her chin, too...and she'd probably find you 'rude' for pointing it out.
LOL, probably.

What a moron she is.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Due to the conflict between the parties, I suggested that additional testing could and should be done..."
There's your answer, right there at the beginning of the sentence discussing additional testing.
And Michael wouldn't agree to it, why?
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My recall is an MRI was done prior to the experimental treatment. Once that treatment occurred, the MRI was out. I can no longer have MRIs due to elbow replacement. This used to be a good tool used by the neurologist. Don't know what to tell you, Ink. I think you see suspicious motives because you want to see these.
Without reviewing details of this decades old case, I'm thinking Michael didn't agree to the tests because the last time Terri had them done, she'd failed and gotten a bad case of pneumonia for her efforts. Would you put your loved one through that when you know in your heart of hearts your wife's inability to swallow is fact? It was her parents - who were not next of kin - who fought all the way. They're still fighting. And for what? Who've they've saved in these past 9 years? Besides themselves?
My question would be, if Teri already had the tests done as you say, why would Dr Wolfson think it imoortant to do them again? I'm sure he wouldn't want to do anything to hurt Teri.

You also see suspicious motives on the part of her family. I don't know what suspicious motive there is to want to continue caring for their daughter and be left alone to do that.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? So you won't have to face your own hypocrisy? Once again, all you've done is avoid addressing my point.
No so that we both know what you are talking about because you are clueless when you refer to the Bible. Maybe you are more familiar with The Enquirer.
Ink

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that Ink couldn't refute my point. That much is clear.
You didn't have a point that was worth the time to refute and you wouldn.t understand anyway.

“Christianity Sucks!!”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Who cares what you think?
Ahahahahaha..did you think *I* did?
OWNED
You do. After all, I'm what YOU call a "pro-abort." So, given the very words of your own post when you say "You proaborts have no respect for anyone whom you don't find worthy[,]" then it's a given you do care. How much you care? That's what's irrelevant.

“Christianity Sucks!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals aren't going to Planned Parenthood for abortions, therefore they aren't being considered for discussion.
Whether animals go to planned parenthood for abortions is irrelevant to the subject of whether an offspring can also be that of an animal; isn't it stupid?

“Christianity Sucks!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Who cares what you think?
Ahahahahaha..did you think *I* did?
OWNED
BTW, sassy, it's lovely how you spit on your own bible teachings, over and over, and over, and over again. Seems like you practice selective preaching; anything you can use to point out the wrong in others. But....don't let anyone point out the wrong in you, because you then resort to the infamous "who cares what you think."

Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

What did you own, hypocrite? You don't even own up to the teachings of your own faith. The proverbial "do as I say, not do as I do."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301,661 - 301,680 of303,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,033,990
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min lightbeamrider 216,852
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••