Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,051
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322179 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Requiring a feeding tube makes a person "terminal"??
Yeah, you ARE "intelligent and spirited" alright.@@
LMAO!!
http://lifeandhope.com/terri-s-wish/

I don't imagine this will change any minds.

I wonder what they think should be done with the estimated 14,000--35,000 patients living in PVS.

Perhaps they would like to go hospice to hospice eliminating these useless people.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322181 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Bitlers word of the week-cabbage.
What happened to witless? Or liar.
LOL I know, you like to keep your pathetic attempts to insult ( in order to deflect), fresh and new. My only suggestion would be to come up with something funny at least. Entertain us Bit. You're boring us silly.
She does the best she can with a limited vocabulary.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#322182 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's sick is your willingness to force somebody to go against their end of life wishes. If it's stipulated she did not want to be kept alive artificially, then have and show her the respect and dignity she is allowed. Besides, you don't know if saving the little girl's life led to her growing up and becoming a killer or curing cancer. And in the long run it doesn't matter. What matters is that you followed the dying woman's end of life wishes not to be hooked up to ALS.
Oh and a bit of reality for you.*I* wouldn't be condemning to certain death, a little girl who could otherwise be saved, for the want of the wishes of a woman who was already dead and whose desire to not be kept artificially alive was made with no recognition that it would one day cost her own flesh and blood her very life. That's not my call.
Yes it was. Under my hypothetical, I made it YOUR CALL. And you said you would accede to that woman's last wishes, regardless of the current circumstances. Even though it would condemn that little girl to certain death. And that IS sick.
You saw the outcome of the court case in Texas, yes? The judge said unhook her. The hospital was not in the right (ethically or legally) to keep her hooked up to machines against her will -- even if you approved of her detachment because the fetus was most likely compromised.
Again, all you're doing is highlighting when you find following others' wishes acceptable to you or not whether you're involved or not. That makes you a nosy parker.
Nosy parker ? I never even said what I would do. I just said YOU were sick to condemn that girl to certain death who could otherwise be saved, for the want of the wishes of a woman who was already dead and whose desire to not be kept artificially alive was made with no recognition that it would one day cost her own flesh and blood her very life.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#322184 Feb 18, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

"The unborn should have the same rights as the born,"

Well said. Very well said.
Agreed.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322185 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is love allowing your daughter to die by refusing a life-saving abortion because your daughter is "pro-life"? Because she wouldn't choose to terminate an unhealthy pregnancy, so the surrogate (next of kin), in this case SassyJM, makes the decision to refuse the treatment of a life-saving abortion. Isn't that also an example of what love is, Ink?
Cheering on SassyJM's decision while criticizing Michael Schiavo's decision is illogical. Say SassyJM's hypothetical pregnant daughter was married. Say she told her husband several times that if pregnancy goes wrong, she'd want everything done to save her life so she can finish raising the children she already has, so she can meet her life's goals. She tells her husband she wants everything done to try to save her life, including a life-saving abortion. But say SassyJM is positive her daughter *wouldn't* want one because she *knows* her daughter is "pro-life" and begins fighting her son-in-law's decision.
Say SJM talks with the physician without the husband present. It is *her* daughter, shouldn't she have the legal right to butt in and take control of this medical issue? After all, she's the one who's known and loved her all her life. That her daughter will die without the termination of pregnancy is a given. No exceptions. Shouldn't SassyJM have the right to make this determination for her daughter?
If Sassy's daughter is pro life than of course it is love when Sassy defends her daughter's wishes ..

It also is LOVE when Sassy defends her daughter's wishes that she NOT murder/kill/terminate the life inside of her ..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322187 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
SJM claimed she would "preserve her daughter's soul" by refusing a life-saving abortion for her if her hypothetical pregnant daughter were incapacitated and dying from a toxic pregnancy. This is fact. Everybody's seen it C&Ped over and over again through the years. There is no reason to question this, except your willingness NOT to answer the question posed to you.
Again, what is the difference between SJM refusing a life-saving abortion for her incapacitated daughter and a husband refusing artificial life support for his incapacitated wife?
That is the question boiled down to bare bones.
Your non-answer confirms what others and I have been telling you through the years regarding your hypocritical, illogical "pro-life" position.
A husband refusing artificial life support for his incapacitated wife is different when there is a life inside her womb .. It is necessary in order to bring the baby to term ..

Many ppl believe that it is more important to save one's soul than that of their earthly (temporary) body .. Murdering an unborn baby (fetus/life/baby/Billy Bob) does just that ..

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322189 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to be a bitch but it is ridiculous to throw Bible verses at me when you frankly, don't know what they mean or in what context they are written. If you really want to explore some of the chapters, I would be happy to but I don't think you care what they mean.
Bitner's joy and self satisfacting comes from stories where somebody was able to put the lights out on someone else deemed useless and I find joy and hope from the stories where someone lives or is brought into the world as a miracle. We are just from different worlds.
In Teri Schaivo's, case all the doctors said she was badly brain damaged but none could say how aware she was. Parts of her brain were indeed intact and nobody knows exactly how the brain works in each individual.
I have tried to give you reasonable possibilities. Sorry that you didn't see it that way.
And who do you think you are? A bible scholar? I grew up in the church. I grew up on years of CCD classes and religious instruction. All my elder relatives were devout Catholics, but you arrogantly think because I'm now an atheist I couldn't possible know as much as you? Where is your doctoral degree from divinity school? Where are your credentials? How much standing do you have in the religious community as a brilliant theologian?

I asked you a simple question...do you think Teri wanted to live that way? Do you think she was getting any enjoyment from her life? And for that I need some fkn advanced degree in MYTHOLOGY to be worthy of a discussion with the likes of you? I have yet to see any sign of intelligence in any of your posts...certainly nothing to justify your outrageous arrogance. In fact you are often pegged as pretty much the stupidest, most clueless, person of your entire tribe of anti-choice bible-thumping morons.

I an truly sorry that your mythology is so full of contradictions and double-standards, and I'm truly sorry that your bitchery and deflection is not enough to cover up the fact that your religion is so weak on consistency. It's easy to be an expert on something that's made-up and can be changed on a whim to fit any occasion, huh?

Pardon me for even trying to address such a legendary biblical/mythology scholar such as yourself.

Like I said before...you get what you deserve on here.

You simply couldn't address any of my points so you turn to your usual arrogance, evasion and deflection...and bitchery...which is ironic since you're the one who does the most whining about being being so mean to poor little old you.

The fact is that most of you fundies are idiots. Seattle was an idiot, NR is an idiot, Tom Tom was an idiot, Knit/Colorado/Husk is an idiot, Sassy is an idiot, and you...you are an idiot.

Go see if you can thump your mythology book with one hand while patting yourself on the back with the other...Cabbage-Head.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322191 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven's seen a post of him/her where he/she expresses being in favor of euthanizing you.
Touche.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322192 Feb 18, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think you are? A bible scholar? I grew up in the church. I grew up on years of CCD classes and religious instruction. All my elder relatives were devout Catholics, but you arrogantly think because I'm now an atheist I couldn't possible know as much as you? Where is your doctoral degree from divinity school? Where are your credentials? How much standing do you have in the religious community as a brilliant theologian?
I asked you a simple question...do you think Teri wanted to live that way? Do you think she was getting any enjoyment from her life? And for that I need some fkn advanced degree in MYTHOLOGY to be worthy of a discussion with the likes of you? I have yet to see any sign of intelligence in any of your posts...certainly nothing to justify your outrageous arrogance. In fact you are often pegged as pretty much the stupidest, most clueless, person of your entire tribe of anti-choice bible-thumping morons.
I an truly sorry that your mythology is so full of contradictions and double-standards, and I'm truly sorry that your bitchery and deflection is not enough to cover up the fact that your religion is so weak on consistency. It's easy to be an expert on something that's made-up and can be changed on a whim to fit any occasion, huh?
Pardon me for even trying to address such a legendary biblical/mythology scholar such as yourself.
Like I said before...you get what you deserve on here.
You simply couldn't address any of my points so you turn to your usual arrogance, evasion and deflection...and bitchery...which is ironic since you're the one who does the most whining about being being so mean to poor little old you.
The fact is that most of you fundies are idiots. Seattle was an idiot, NR is an idiot, Tom Tom was an idiot, Knit/Colorado/Husk is an idiot, Sassy is an idiot, and you...you are an idiot.
Go see if you can thump your mythology book with one hand while patting yourself on the back with the other...Cabbage-Head.
Guess I hit a nerve.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322193 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
An offspring can be an animal but not usually when it is in the wimb of a woman. But you knew that, right?
Welcome to science 101

Humans are animals known as mammals.
Ladilulu

New York, NY

#322194 Feb 18, 2014
I am done with you Ink. Bitner is correct. You are a cabbage head.

I'm off now to do some work.
katie

Kent, WA

#322195 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Now, back to the discussion here..abortion..the killing of a womans offspring.
The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. There's opportunity for you to learn this and put it to use in your daily dealings. Who knows, perhaps a door will open on your intellectual honesty and you'd see things in a new perspective.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ...I am talking about you proaborts in regard to the unborn and unworthy victims...
SJM, are there worthy victims in your opinion? Why or why not?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Killing an unwanted child of ours is "self defense"?

I am not discussing "killing unwanted children" and you know it. The discussion is about abortion, the medically defined act of pregnancy ending prior to term. Induced abortion regarding unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy *is* self-defense. Thanks for the perfect example of your dishonest intellect, though.

[QUOTE]Then why is Susan Smith in prison? Why was the girl arrested for bagging her unwanted stillborn child in Victorias secret store after birthing him?
Why do you support restricting elective abortions after viability? Where's your logic?
Why are you so hung up on Susan Smith? Were you and she childhood friends? Rebellious teenagers? Come on, SJM, you can tell us. We're all friends, here, right?

Because I do. So people like you look stupid trying to falsely accuse me of supporting something I don't support. Why don't you support personal privacy and bodily autonomy?
katie

Kent, WA

#322196 Feb 18, 2014
Messed that up....
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Killing an unwanted child of ours is "self defense"?
I am not discussing "killing unwanted children" and you know it. The discussion is about abortion, the medically defined act of pregnancy ending prior to term. Induced abortion regarding unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy *is* self-defense. Thanks for the perfect example of your dishonest intellect, though.
katie

Kent, WA

#322197 Feb 18, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
A husband refusing artificial life support for his incapacitated wife is different when there is a life inside her womb .. It is necessary in order to bring the baby to term ..
Many ppl believe that it is more important to save one's soul than that of their earthly (temporary) body .. Murdering an unborn baby (fetus/life/baby/Billy Bob) does just that ..
Don't tell me, tell Ink. She kept insisting she didn't remember the hypothetical the way I presented it.

I am pro-choice. If some pregnant woman wants to refuse a life-saving abortion, that's her choice. I'm not going to get in the way. Ink would. She thought it was not loving. So again, don't tell me. Tell Ink.

PS, in the off chance you are Pupsy, you need to know the trolls here have already tried to impersonate Chicky. Perhaps they're now impersonating Pupsy.
grumpy

West Haverstraw, NY

#322198 Feb 18, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
If Sassy's daughter is pro life than of course it is love when Sassy defends her daughter's wishes ..
It also is LOVE when Sassy defends her daughter's wishes that she NOT murder/kill/terminate the life inside of her ..
Everybody defends her wishes. That's what "choice" means. But whom does she love more, her daughter or Jesus?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322199 Feb 18, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
My own welcoming committee !
Just my luck he names himself after solid waste.
You can run back to the christard forum, davey boy. You'll find like minded people there who are just like you, full of feces for jesus.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322200 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
http://lifeandhope.com/terri-s-wish/
I don't imagine this will change any minds.
I wonder what they think should be done with the estimated 14,000--35,000 patients living in PVS.
Perhaps they would like to go hospice to hospice eliminating these useless people.
You still don't get it. ALL cases are different. There is NO medical "one size fits all" solution. What we think "should" be done is that their wishes be listened to. If they have a written directive, it should be the deciding factor, no matter how much the hospital wants to cover it's ass. If the patient doesn't have a written directive, then their next of kin should be able to decide in consultation with the attending physicians.

YOU, and other self-centered people like you, are the ones who wish to control outcomes here, not us.
Fece

Westbury, NY

#322201 Feb 18, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
So god kills souls during a spontaneous abortion. God the murderer!

Amazing that you claim to know what destroys souls. You are living a fantasy; let us know when you come back to earth.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322202 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me, tell Ink. She kept insisting she didn't remember the hypothetical the way I presented it.
I am pro-choice. If some pregnant woman wants to refuse a life-saving abortion, that's her choice. I'm not going to get in the way. Ink would. She thought it was not loving. So again, don't tell me. Tell Ink.
PS, in the off chance you are Pupsy, you need to know the trolls here have already tried to impersonate Chicky. Perhaps they're now impersonating Pupsy.
Refusing to save one's own life is suicide. I would not help my child do that.

I think it is weird that you would.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322203 Feb 18, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to science 101
Humans are animals known as mammals.
Do you have a point? We were discussing human animals and abortion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 50 min Earthling-1 3,190
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Signed up Tinka 1,174,248
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 234,702
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 28,750
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 9 hr Merv the Perv 735
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu HitMan 201,321
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
More from around the web