Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318383 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322247 Feb 19, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind. If by a woman refusing a life saving abortion she's refusing to save her own life, thus she's committing suicide; would you be ok then if she has the life saving abortion?
Ink is okay with many abortions - spontaneous ones, where the woman has no choice in the matter, and emergency ones, where the only choice she has is to abort and live, or attempt gestation and die.

But if a woman chooses to abort absent those conditions, it doesn't meet with her approval.
She's not opposed to abortion itself - it's the CHOOSING part she has a problem with.

Only HER choices matter. She's a cherry-picker, you know.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322248 Feb 19, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What about God's will? She died - isn't that an indication that God had called her home?
They did bring the baby closer to term....it died anyway, in service to the careers of some Texas politicians. I'm sure God's proud.
How dare you claim to know the will of god. Only Inky is blessed with such information.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#322250 Feb 19, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind. If by a woman refusing a life saving abortion she's refusing to save her own life, thus she's committing suicide; would you be ok then if she has the life saving abortion?
Of course. What is the point of both mother and baby dying?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#322251 Feb 19, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you claim to know the will of god. Only Inky is blessed with such information.
Me and anyone who listens to Jesus.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#322252 Feb 19, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows God's will too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322253 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows God's will too.
Only God knows God's will.

You don't, and neither does anyone else....unless you think it's "God's Will" that was keeping a corpse in Texas pregnant, rather than machines....
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322254 Feb 19, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Only God knows God's will.
You don't, and neither does anyone else....unless you think it's "God's Will" that was keeping a corpse in Texas pregnant, rather than machines....
Not true. He has spoken through the prophets and has sent His Son to instruct. If you open your heart, you will know.

I don't know God's will or what he wanted for those people but I do believe that if theyed prayed for guidance, then the family knew what was the right thing to do. God knows too.

Again my comments about this situation was to also see the side of the hospital trying to follow the law.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322255 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Me and anyone who listens to Jesus.
Seek professional help if you think your version of god, jesus, speaks to you.

This woman also heard from jesus

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Mother-Acc...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322256 Feb 19, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Otherwise, I would think, and judging by her comment that if the woman is, say 70% coherent and able to make the decision, then Ink would expect the woman to chose to save her own life by terminating her pregnancy.
Ink??????
That would be the logical sane thing to do. If she does so does the baby.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322258 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I use arguments that I believe in.
'When you do for the least of mankind, you do for Me'
Who is "the least of mankind," and who gets to make that call, Ink?
Shove

Tulsa, OK

#322262 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. He has spoken through the prophets
You mean those prophets we don't even have to think about? Those ones who were "tough old Jews", dictating 'God's Rules' to a now-obsolete group? Those prophets?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know God's will
Of course you don't.

Kinda begs the question of why you continue to insist 'this' or 'that' is the Will of God....but then again, you're only a Christian when it's convenient, and suits your purposes.

Kinda like those prophets who wrote the Bible, eh?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Again my comments about this situation was to also see the side of the hospital trying to follow the law.
Your comments about this situation boiled down to the opinion that corpses should be forced to gestate, regardless of the wishes of the previously alive person whose corpse will be doing the forced gestation.....or the wishes of their living family members.... on the off-chance that she MIGHT have felt differently if she could see into the future, and know she would die on the floor of her kitchen at fourteen weeks of pregnancy.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322263 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. He has spoken through the prophets and has sent His Son to instruct. If you open your heart, you will know.
I don't know God's will or what he wanted for those people but I do believe that if theyed prayed for guidance, then the family knew what was the right thing to do. God knows too.
puuulease, you think you "know" that God spoke only to those phrophets and "son"?

Until you can provide evidence to support such a thing, you've got nothing except your imagination to fall back on.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322264 Feb 19, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
puuulease, you think you "know" that God spoke only to those phrophets and "son"?
Until you can provide evidence to support such a thing, you've got nothing except your imagination to fall back on.
She can't make up her mind whether the prophets were having intimate conversations with the Almighty....or just flying by the seats of their desert robes, pretending for the benefit of law and order, that God said one single word in that book.

As I've been saying all along - Ink believes something could only be 'the word of god' if she can use it to suit her. She talks about "God's will," as told to the prophets, and then argues that the prophets weren't really taking dictation, and that God didn't write the Bible through them afterall... she would REALLY like to have it both ways.

But it bugs her to no end, that other people can read the Bible and quote from it, even when it proves her assertions totally false.
The woman is Friggin' NUTS.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322265 Feb 19, 2014
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
What a far-out comparison! My goodness, you are really reaching, aren't you?
It doesn't rate with sassy that the husband's dog in her scenario wasn't inside the wife....

Sheesh.

(Now she'll want to know if I'd bury unborn puppies with my granddad if that was his wish....)

Double sheesh...
John The Outhouse

United States

#322266 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice fantasy world you live in.
John The Outhouse

United States

#322267 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered your question and that should put it to bed. If someone refuses a life saving abortion which is rare that is suicide. It means you don't want to live and you don't want your child to either. Refusing to sustain your own life is suicide.
Did you actually think before you wrote this pile of gibberish?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322268 Feb 19, 2014
John The Outhouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually think before you wrote this pile of gibberish?
Do you have any idea who you're trying to communicate with here?

That one is unreachable, due to obtuse and deliberate ignorance, and proud of it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322269 Feb 19, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a discussion. That was a raving angry rant and lectrure which is a waste of time trying to use on me. I am not impressed.
BTW if you can relax a minute, I also went through much Catholic ed. but I never really knew God until I sought Him out as an older adult. I know from first hand experience that growing up Catholic teaches you rules and regs but does nothing for a personal relationship with the Lord. So you like I missed something important. Just saying.
That was no "raving angry rant". I made legitimate points that you couldn't address (and still haven't) so you pulled your usual arrogant (and laughable)*you know nothing so I can't be bothered with you* deflection.
John The Outhouse

United States

#322270 Feb 19, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any idea who you're trying to communicate with here?
That one is unreachable, due to obtuse and deliberate ignorance, and proud of it.
Obviously the Scarecrow.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322271 Feb 19, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was no "raving angry rant". I made legitimate points that you couldn't address (and still haven't) so you pulled your usual arrogant (and laughable)*you know nothing so I can't be bothered with you* deflection.
I don't think you made any legitimate points at all other than the one I did address about Catholic Education. It was and angry rant and a lecture which serves no purpose in communication. I'm not your enemy, we came up through the same background but have developed a very different ideology. We could have an interesting discussion if you would remain rational.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,620,852
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Not who you think 34,465
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 20 Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web