Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318271 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322203 Feb 18, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to science 101
Humans are animals known as mammals.
Do you have a point? We were discussing human animals and abortion.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322204 Feb 18, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't get it. ALL cases are different. There is NO medical "one size fits all" solution. What we think "should" be done is that their wishes be listened to. If they have a written directive, it should be the deciding factor, no matter how much the hospital wants to cover it's ass. If the patient doesn't have a written directive, then their next of kin should be able to decide in consultation with the attending physicians.
YOU, and other self-centered people like you, are the ones who wish to control outcomes here, not us.
That put every spouse in the position of being able to 'claim" that his or her wife wouldn't want to live. That puts one person in a very powerful position especially if there is money involved. Now maybe not everyone would take advantage but some would.

I don't see how being concerned that this could happen to very vulnerable people is self centered.

Is it your opinion-----nevermind you won't have an opinion.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322205 Feb 18, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, requiring extraordinary measures to stay alive makes one terminal.
I thought you were bored? Clearly not, just unable to refute. Got it.
I just got off the phone with my brother. I told him to make funeral arrangements for his son who in the NICU. He was born premature and is on a ventilator and feeding tube, so I informed him that Bitler said that his son is terminal therefore.

He said "FU".

Hmmm..wonder what HIS problem is. Should they pull the plug?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322207 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That put every spouse in the position of being able to 'claim" that his or her wife wouldn't want to live. That puts one person in a very powerful position especially if there is money involved. Now maybe not everyone would take advantage but some would.
I don't see how being concerned that this could happen to very vulnerable people is self centered.
Is it your opinion-----nevermind you won't have an opinion.
It's self-centered because it's based upon nothing but your own feelings.

Like I said, I'm sorry you don't feel you can trust your husband to do what you'd want done. If you're that concerned about it, have the proper forms done ahead of time. What OTHER people do is not your concern. And it most certainly is not for YOU to decide for them, or to act like you can read their minds and know everyone's motives.

Again, your only concern is YOU, and how YOU feel about things.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322208 Feb 18, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Ink? I've tried to have civil discussions with you and you always turn into a bitch. You get what you deserve. I'll enjoy watching Bitner wipe the floor with your stupid ass.
I don't know whats up with her. I talked to her in private and told her to make sure she agrees with EVERYTHING you proaborts think and say and do. I see that she is still using her own brain andnstanding behind her convictions, principls and beliefs.

Can anyone say STUBBORN biotch?

Oh, and moonie? Can you alert me when Bitler begins to wipe the floor with anyone? Heck that girl doesn't even mop her kitchen floor.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322209 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You must really think you can tell me where I'm allowed to go. You must be a christian.
I'm curious about something; why do you act as if you're not an animal form here on topix and say you're not 100% sure if there are any?
I am an "animal form here on topix"? Am I one off topix? Or am I then half man, half animal?

Can I be a kangaroo? They're so cute.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322210 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any woman who has sex with animals, or has gotten pregnant from one. So, I really wouldn't know for sure. Do you?
I thought you said I am an animal here on topix. Aren't you one too then? Your husband is sleeping with an animal.

Tell me, what animal are you?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322211 Feb 18, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think you are? A bible scholar? I grew up in the church. I grew up on years of CCD classes and religious instruction. All my elder relatives were devout Catholics, but you arrogantly think because I'm now an atheist I couldn't possible know as much as you? Where is your doctoral degree from divinity school? Where are your credentials? How much standing do you have in the religious community as a brilliant theologian?
I asked you a simple question...do you think Teri wanted to live that way? Do you think she was getting any enjoyment from her life? And for that I need some fkn advanced degree in MYTHOLOGY to be worthy of a discussion with the likes of you? I have yet to see any sign of intelligence in any of your posts...certainly nothing to justify your outrageous arrogance. In fact you are often pegged as pretty much the stupidest, most clueless, person of your entire tribe of anti-choice bible-thumping morons.
I an truly sorry that your mythology is so full of contradictions and double-standards, and I'm truly sorry that your bitchery and deflection is not enough to cover up the fact that your religion is so weak on consistency. It's easy to be an expert on something that's made-up and can be changed on a whim to fit any occasion, huh?
Pardon me for even trying to address such a legendary biblical/mythology scholar such as yourself.
Like I said before...you get what you deserve on here.
You simply couldn't address any of my points so you turn to your usual arrogance, evasion and deflection...and bitchery...which is ironic since you're the one who does the most whining about being being so mean to poor little old you.
The fact is that most of you fundies are idiots. Seattle was an idiot, NR is an idiot, Tom Tom was an idiot, Knit/Colorado/Husk is an idiot, Sassy is an idiot, and you...you are an idiot.
Go see if you can thump your mythology book with one hand while patting yourself on the back with the other...Cabbage-Head.
For someone so learned in the Catholic/Christian faith, you sure are ignorant. Which leads us all to view you as a phony. I do believe however, that you were raised Catholic but due to your abortion, you ran to feel safe from judgement. You're safe til judgement day. Although you can't run away from it emotionally.

As a former Catholic, you would know that God loves you and will forgive and heal you if you ask.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322212 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point? We were discussing human animals and abortion.
You forgot what you wrote already?

I guess i forgot that you have selective memory and that you surround yourself with a wall of arrogance & ignorance.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322213 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"A husband refusing artificial life support for his incapacitated wife is different when there is a life inside her womb."
Really? How so?
What would you say if the woman had a living will that expressly refused artificial life support? Would you say the doctors and her husband can disregard her expressed wishes if she's pregnant, but can't if she's not?
Let the baby continue to mature, deliver and then let her die as she wished. If that woman is an organ donor, they WILL keep her alive til they harvest her organs of choice.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322214 Feb 18, 2014
Ladilulu wrote:
I am done with you Ink. Bitner is correct. You are a cabbage head.
I'm off now to do some work.
Interesting.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322215 Feb 18, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's self-centered because it's based upon nothing but your own feelings.
Like I said, I'm sorry you don't feel you can trust your husband to do what you'd want done. If you're that concerned about it, have the proper forms done ahead of time. What OTHER people do is not your concern. And it most certainly is not for YOU to decide for them, or to act like you can read their minds and know everyone's motives.
Again, your only concern is YOU, and how YOU feel about things.
And what is your opinion based on?

What do you have against feelings or opinions? That is how we all operate to some extent.

Life is much more interesting if you take an interest in the world around you and challenge what you think about different things like politics, morals, sports or where the US is going. Expand your horizons. You will be a more interesting person and happier.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322216 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> For someone so learned in the Catholic/Christian faith, you sure are ignorant. Which leads us all to view you as a phony. I do believe however, that you were raised Catholic but due to your abortion, you ran to feel safe from judgement. You're safe til judgement day. Although you can't run away from it emotionally.
As a former Catholic, you would know that God loves you and will forgive and heal you if you ask.
Too proud and angry.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322217 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. There's opportunity for you to learn this and put it to use in your daily dealings. Who knows, perhaps a door will open on your intellectual honesty and you'd see things in a new perspective.
<quoted text>
SJM, are there worthy victims in your opinion? Why or why not?
<quoted text>
Why are you so hung up on Susan Smith? Were you and she childhood friends? Rebellious teenagers? Come on, SJM, you can tell us. We're all friends, here, right?
Because I do. So people like you look stupid trying to falsely accuse me of supporting something I don't support. Why don't you support personal privacy and bodily autonomy?
I do support personal privacy and bodily autonomy. Killing your unwanted child has nothing to do with that.

I am 100% against killing a womans unborn child. You are for it when YOU think it's okay but when you DON'T, then you are anti-choice. You're a hot mess.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322218 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Refusing to save one's own life is suicide. I would not help my child do that.
I think it is weird that you would.
I think it's weird your reading comprehension is still so horrid at your age being as I said I wouldn't stand in SJM's way.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322219 Feb 18, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was. Under my hypothetical, I made it YOUR CALL. And you said you would accede to that woman's last wishes, regardless of the current circumstances. Even though it would condemn that little girl to certain death. And that IS sick.
<quoted text>
Nosy parker ? I never even said what I would do. I just said YOU were sick to condemn that girl to certain death who could otherwise be saved, for the want of the wishes of a woman who was already dead and whose desire to not be kept artificially alive was made with no recognition that it would one day cost her own flesh and blood her very life.
My call seemed to line up with the court's call. The woman and her fetus have perished because her known will not to be hooked up to artificial life support was finally respected and followed by the hospital administering its misperception of the law. The husband and son can now begin rebuilding their lives all while ignoring your ignorant claims of being sick and condemning.

Oh, deductive reasoning allowed me to realize you would force a brain dead woman against her known will to remain hooked up to artificial life support for the sake of gestating a fetus already condemned by an undetermined amount of time without oxygen. That's why I rightfully call you Nosy Parker. You are.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322220 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's weird your reading comprehension is still so horrid at your age being as I said I wouldn't stand in SJM's way.
That's because you wouldn't give a rat's ass anyway.

You don't care about anything that doesn't affect you personally. That how bad things get rolling and no one stops it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322221 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My call seemed to line up with the court's call. The woman and her fetus have perished because her known will not to be hooked up to artificial life support was finally respected and followed by the hospital administering its misperception of the law. The husband and son can now begin rebuilding their lives all while ignoring your ignorant claims of being sick and condemning.
Oh, deductive reasoning allowed me to realize you would force a brain dead woman against her known will to remain hooked up to artificial life support for the sake of gestating a fetus already condemned by an undetermined amount of time without oxygen. That's why I rightfully call you Nosy Parker. You are.
All's well that ends well.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322222 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you wouldn't give a rat's ass anyway.
You don't care about anything that doesn't affect you personally. That how bad things get rolling and no one stops it.
Don't try to put me on the defensive because you're talking out your butt, Ink. It is you who would not follow the wishes of a pregnant woman who'd rather forego a life-saving abortion for reasons *she* deems pertinent.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322223 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I do support personal privacy and bodily autonomy. Killing your unwanted child has nothing to do with that.
I am 100% against killing a womans unborn child. You are for it when YOU think it's okay but when you DON'T, then you are anti-choice. You're a hot mess.
Intellectual honesty is not your forte, obviously.

We are not discussing "killing unwanted children". How many times do you need to be told this before it sinks in?

We are discussing pregnancy ending prior to term whether induced or spontaneous.

The only hot mess here is you.

(just between you and me, don't let Ink make the decision for your hypothetical daughter. she wouldn't respect your dying daughter's wishes of refusing a life-saving abortion. Ink thinks that's tantamount to committing suicide.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Titus Ghostwhiner 1,618,231
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Trojan 34,436
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 15 Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web