Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318262 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321989 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelieveable!!!!!
To someone like you who can't admit to facts? I'm sure it is.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321990 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Hey cabbagehead, stay with the conversation.My point was in response to peters regarding being in a vegetative state with little or no brain activity and how people can still respond or wake up. Terri clearly did respond to love and family and caregivers.
When my son was in a coma, They told me that he didn't respond to testing due to his TBI. He couldnt swallow, talk, move even after he came out of his coma. I was told he couldnT hear me. Eventually I told him to try TO wiggle his one toe if he heard me. He did.
You do realize that you just proved my point, right?

LOL!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321991 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She never knew, having most of her brain extensively damaged.
((shakes head)))

Sometimes I lose my hope in mankind and hope for a decent future for my children(and generations to come) when you speak. You make me remember to never become complacent when it comes to my prayer life.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321992 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you just proved my point, right?
LOL!
You do realize that you look like a fool, right? Reread what I wrote cabbagebreath.

LOL
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321993 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Hey cabbagehead, stay with the conversation.My point was in response to peters regarding being in a vegetative state with little or no brain activity and how people can still respond or wake up. Terri clearly did respond to love and family and caregivers.
When my son was in a coma, They told me that he didn't respond to testing due to his TBI. He couldnt swallow, talk, move even after he came out of his coma. I was told he couldnT hear me. Eventually I told him to try TO wiggle his one toe if he heard me. He did.
What she can't grasp is the fact that her recovery wasn't neccessary for her to be considered a person with the right not to be starved.

I met a wonderful woman who had an extremely disabled child. He was badly brain damaged, 5 years old and about the size of a three year old. He could do nothing for himself. She was a saint for the way she took care of him and the family adored him. Talk about a workload but she never complained and seemed to enjoy him. I never heard her say he should be starved to death. She was truly one of God's special people with a special purpose.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321994 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU have to lie about me, because you've lost the argument.
I see the humanity in all humans. I hold all life to be sacred.
That does not preclude acknowledging the facts of medical decisions.
Hey souless, empty body shell, you support starving, with-holding water and slaughtering innocenta humans in the womb as choice. That's"holding all life to be sacred"?!?!?!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321995 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU have to lie about me, because you've lost the argument.
I see the humanity in all humans. I hold all life to be sacred.
That does not preclude acknowledging the facts of medical decisions.
Did you see humanity in Teri Schiavo? Wasn't she human with the right not to be killed?

Do you see humanity in unborn children with the right to continue their lives? I don't think you do, unfortunately for you.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321996 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What she can't grasp is the fact that her recovery wasn't neccessary for her to be considered a person with the right not to be starved.
I met a wonderful woman who had an extremely disabled child. He was badly brain damaged, 5 years old and about the size of a three year old. He could do nothing for himself. She was a saint for the way she took care of him and the family adored him. Talk about a workload but she never complained and seemed to enjoy him. I never heard her say he should be starved to death. She was truly one of God's special people with a special purpose.
She and those like her, scare me. Ink, she is souless. Walking dead. A pod.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321997 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She and those like her, scare me. Ink, she is souless. Walking dead. A pod.
She always sees and defends the needs of the strong who can exert power over the weak.

And I am always surprised by that attitude. Thank God these are not people I know and deal with in the real world.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321998 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
When you don't see the humanity in other humans, you lose your own humanity and I think that is where a lot of people are now.
God will wake us all up at some point.
...apparently, he's not in any hurry....

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321999 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ((shakes head)))
Sometimes I lose my hope in mankind and hope for a decent future for my children(and generations to come) when you speak. You make me remember to never become complacent when it comes to my prayer life.
Whatever.

This is nothing more, or less, your typical response when you can't refute what's been said.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322000 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that you look like a fool, right? Reread what I wrote cabbagebreath.
LOL
I read it right the first time, Stupid Sassy.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322001 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story is in no way the same situation as Terri Schiavo, or the other women we've been discussing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322002 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Hey souless, empty body shell, you support starving, with-holding water and slaughtering innocenta humans in the womb as choice. That's"holding all life to be sacred"?!?!?!
No, that's just your desperate twist.

What I DO support is in no way inconsistent with holding all life to be sacred.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322003 Feb 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>...apparently, he's not in any hurry....
He is very patient.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322005 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see humanity in Teri Schiavo? Wasn't she human with the right not to be killed?
Do you see humanity in unborn children with the right to continue their lives? I don't think you do, unfortunately for you.
Well, you would be wrong. As usual.

One doesn't have to ignore facts in order to see Terri's humanity.

There are no unborn children. There are embryos and fetuses being gestated. If they are being gestated inside a human, then they are human embryos and fetuses.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322006 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She and those like her, scare me. Ink, she is souless. Walking dead. A pod.
A stupid position, given the fact that I would argue just as hard for your wishes being granted in the same situation, no matter what you said you'd want done.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322007 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She always sees and defends the needs of the strong who can exert power over the weak.
And I am always surprised by that attitude. Thank God these are not people I know and deal with in the real world.
LOL, what complete and utter bull.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322008 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A stupid position, given the fact that I would argue just as hard for your wishes being granted in the same situation, no matter what you said you'd want done.
Who's wishes are you defending? Oh yeah, the guy who doesn't want to use up his inheritance on long term care for the wife he won't divorce even though he has a longtime girlfriend and children.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322009 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you would be wrong. As usual.
One doesn't have to ignore facts in order to see Terri's humanity..
I think you called her an empty shell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Jacques in Ottawa 1,618,100
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 34,436
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 15 Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web