Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313951 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321780 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is not a child. A pregnant woman is gestating an embryo or fetus.
Your offspring is your *child*. That offspring/child goes through many stages of his her life. Fetus is onenof the few of those stages while present in the n womb.

Truth is...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321781 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting.
This family didn't see keeping mom alive as "cruel and obscene mutilation of a deceased body" as Erick Munoz did. It was a chance to save one life.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321782 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
fe·tus
noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\
: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born
Can't find any deffinition that says potential. I think you made that up and expect others to believe it.
Ink: "Bitner, I Can't find any definition of "fetus" that says "potential." I think you made that up and expect others to believe it."
_____

She told me that "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

I reminded her of this, but she said she didn't say "human being."

Human (noun) and human being are synonyms.

_________

Part of a Wiccan priestess's job description necessarily includes blowing Wiccan smoke up people's asses. She carries that bad habit w/ her into Topix. And, she regulary makes a fool out of herself (another one of her habits).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321783 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon the hospital administration's recommendation, which was based upon THEIR misinterpretation.
And another judge, not to mention on of the co-writers of the bill, said that interpretation was wrong, that it was not meant to be applied that way.
You want to knit-pick? Fine, but the facts are on my side, not yours.
What facts? You are just spewing, no names, places or documents.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321784 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it didn't include being pregnant.
I think the word "never" covers any situation very well.
The point is, one can only go by what is known. According to her entire family, her wishes were to never be kept alive by machine. That's what they should have gone by.
She CHOSE to be life support for her child prior to her situation. HER wishes regarding her childs life was clear. Its not like her hubby was going against her wishes by keeping her hooked up forever.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321785 Feb 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I would like you to find one definition of fetus that says 'child' or 'baby', other than your own...in a medical dictionary.
We are, after all, discussing a medical condition, and a medical procedure.
Let's keep our terms objective.
From the Med Dict.

Fetus: An unborn offspring, from the embryo stage (the end of the eighth week after conception, when the major structures have formed) until birth.

You do know what offspring means don't you?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321786 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This family didn't see keeping mom alive as "cruel and obscene mutilation of a deceased body" as Erick Munoz did. It was a chance to save one life.
This family respected the womans choice which was to be her childs life support. Just like playa respected her sons wishes to be someone elses life-support.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321787 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Your offspring is your *child*. That offspring/child goes through many stages of his her life. Fetus is onenof the few of those stages while present in the n womb.
Truth is...
Forget it She is being willfully ignorant. Only a handful of extreme pro aborts can't accept that a real child is being killed during an abortion. The rest of the sane world knows the truth.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321788 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It says 'a human being before it is born' That would mst likely be a child rather than an adult.
It's neither.

If you want to think of it as a child, fine. But I will not debate as though that's fact. Deal with it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321789 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Your offspring is your *child*. That offspring/child goes through many stages of his her life. Fetus is onenof the few of those stages while present in the n womb.
Truth is...
No, a fetus is not a child.

Of course, we all know that this little segue is to deflect from the fact that your assumptions that she would have made a different choice being pregnant are only that, assumptions. I asked for proof it would have changed her position, and THIS was the only thing you had to focus on as a distraction. Got it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321790 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were two entirely different situations. If the hospital had ignored what THAT husband said should be done, you'd be outraged. So would I. The difference between us is that my outrage would stem from my support of people's rights, and yours would be based upon YOUR personal feelings of what should be done.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321791 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She CHOSE to be life support for her child prior to her situation. HER wishes regarding her childs life was clear. Its not like her hubby was going against her wishes by keeping her hooked up forever.
Again, prove that being pregnant made a difference to her NEVER wanting to be kept alive by machine. Until then, you're just talking out of your ass.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321792 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking for one. Ink is making the claim, and the burden of proof is on her. So far, none of her definitions have said "child". She's batting zero, as usual.
bHitler: "Ink is making the claim, and the burden of proof is on her"

You made the claim that human (noun) and human being aren't synonyms. Burden of proof was on you to prove it - and you failed.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321793 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Med Dict.
Fetus: An unborn offspring, from the embryo stage (the end of the eighth week after conception, when the major structures have formed) until birth.
You do know what offspring means don't you?
C'mon Ink, don't piss her off with factual information. It interferes with her agenda.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321794 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts? You are just spewing, no names, places or documents.
I already linked to the court ruling, to YOU, specifically. Others have also linked to it. It's not my fault you can't remember.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321795 Feb 13, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "Bitner, I Can't find any definition of "fetus" that says "potential." I think you made that up and expect others to believe it."
_____
She told me that "a human" (noun) is in the womb.
I reminded her of this, but she said she didn't say "human being."
Human (noun) and human being are synonyms.
_________
Part of a Wiccan priestess's job description necessarily includes blowing Wiccan smoke up people's asses. She carries that bad habit w/ her into Topix. And, she regulary makes a fool out of herself (another one of her habits).
As I said before, she and a couple others represent the most extreme of the rpo choice side. Her logic seems to be if you don't like the truth, ignore it. The problem is that you end up being ignorant.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321796 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were two entirely different situations. If the hospital had ignored what THAT husband said should be done, you'd be outraged. So would I. The difference between us is that my outrage would stem from my support of people's rights, and yours would be based upon YOUR personal feelings of what should be done.
We can never be sure how the pregnant women in these cases felt about the chance for their unborn children to live. I have to believe that mothers are good people and would choose life for their babies. You can believe whatever you want.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321797 Feb 13, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "Ink is making the claim, and the burden of proof is on her"
You made the claim that human (noun) and human being aren't synonyms. Burden of proof was on you to prove it - and you failed.
No, I did not make that claim.

Once more, all you have to offer are lies, irrelevancies, and bigotry.

You are ugly inside, and always will be.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321798 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> C'mon Ink, don't piss her off with factual information. It interferes with her agenda.
Nothing can interfere with her agenda.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321799 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no human being in a uterus, either.
bHitler: "There is no human being in a uterus, either."
______

Actually, YOU said "a human" (noun) exists in the womb.

After you erred in saying Human (noun) and Human Being aren't synonyms, I provided proof that they are.

According to your rules, burden of proof was then on you to prove that they aren't synonyms.

And.

You failed. Miserably.

This is where you necessarily are forced to embrace the suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,521,726
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web