Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 340704 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321768 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was "child", Moron.
Umm..what other human being would be in your womb?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321769 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She can't find one.
I'm not looking for one. Ink is making the claim, and the burden of proof is on her. So far, none of her definitions have said "child". She's batting zero, as usual.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321770 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus: An unborn offspring, from the embryo stage (the end of the eighth week after conception, when the major structures have formed) until birth.
Hurry and give her the definition of offspring before she gets even more confused.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321771 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Her wishes supposedly made verbally known (as a health care worker, she'd have made it official knowing how these situations are unplanned) didn't include being pregnant. She was pregnant and that means she freely consented to her body being temporary life support for her child.
Prove it didn't include being pregnant.

I think the word "never" covers any situation very well.

The point is, one can only go by what is known. According to her entire family, her wishes were to never be kept alive by machine. That's what they should have gone by.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321772 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like her to find one deffinition of fetus that says 'potential', other than her own.
I would like you to find one definition of fetus that says 'child' or 'baby', other than your own...in a medical dictionary.

We are, after all, discussing a medical condition, and a medical procedure.
Let's keep our terms objective.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321773 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Umm..what other human being would be in your womb?
There is no human being in a uterus, either.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321774 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Hurry and give her the definition of offspring before she gets even more confused.
LOL

noun: offspring; plural noun: offspring

a person's child or children.

"the offspring of middle-class parents"

synonyms:

children, sons and daughters, progeny, family, youngsters, babies, brood; More

descendants, heirs, successors, scions;

issue;

informalkids;

derogatoryspawn;

archaicfruit of one's loins

"his offspring gathered
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321775 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no human being in a uterus, either.
What planet are you on?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321776 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Her wishes supposedly made verbally known (as a health care worker, she'd have made it official knowing how these situations are unplanned) didn't include being pregnant. She was pregnant and that means she freely consented to her body being temporary life support for her child.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/son-che...
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321777 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
Interesting.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321778 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on?
I'm in the real world.

You?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321779 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was "child", Moron.
It says 'a human being before it is born' That would mst likely be a child rather than an adult.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321780 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is not a child. A pregnant woman is gestating an embryo or fetus.
Your offspring is your *child*. That offspring/child goes through many stages of his her life. Fetus is onenof the few of those stages while present in the n womb.

Truth is...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321781 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting.
This family didn't see keeping mom alive as "cruel and obscene mutilation of a deceased body" as Erick Munoz did. It was a chance to save one life.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321782 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
fe·tus
noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\
: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born
Can't find any deffinition that says potential. I think you made that up and expect others to believe it.
Ink: "Bitner, I Can't find any definition of "fetus" that says "potential." I think you made that up and expect others to believe it."
_____

She told me that "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

I reminded her of this, but she said she didn't say "human being."

Human (noun) and human being are synonyms.

_________

Part of a Wiccan priestess's job description necessarily includes blowing Wiccan smoke up people's asses. She carries that bad habit w/ her into Topix. And, she regulary makes a fool out of herself (another one of her habits).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321783 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon the hospital administration's recommendation, which was based upon THEIR misinterpretation.
And another judge, not to mention on of the co-writers of the bill, said that interpretation was wrong, that it was not meant to be applied that way.
You want to knit-pick? Fine, but the facts are on my side, not yours.
What facts? You are just spewing, no names, places or documents.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321784 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it didn't include being pregnant.
I think the word "never" covers any situation very well.
The point is, one can only go by what is known. According to her entire family, her wishes were to never be kept alive by machine. That's what they should have gone by.
She CHOSE to be life support for her child prior to her situation. HER wishes regarding her childs life was clear. Its not like her hubby was going against her wishes by keeping her hooked up forever.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321785 Feb 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I would like you to find one definition of fetus that says 'child' or 'baby', other than your own...in a medical dictionary.
We are, after all, discussing a medical condition, and a medical procedure.
Let's keep our terms objective.
From the Med Dict.

Fetus: An unborn offspring, from the embryo stage (the end of the eighth week after conception, when the major structures have formed) until birth.

You do know what offspring means don't you?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321786 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This family didn't see keeping mom alive as "cruel and obscene mutilation of a deceased body" as Erick Munoz did. It was a chance to save one life.
This family respected the womans choice which was to be her childs life support. Just like playa respected her sons wishes to be someone elses life-support.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321787 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Your offspring is your *child*. That offspring/child goes through many stages of his her life. Fetus is onenof the few of those stages while present in the n womb.
Truth is...
Forget it She is being willfully ignorant. Only a handful of extreme pro aborts can't accept that a real child is being killed during an abortion. The rest of the sane world knows the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Quirky 1,760,709
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 35,930
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480