Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313626 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321740 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE didn't elect for her son to be an organ donor. HE already had. SHE was going by his wishes, UNLIKE the hospital and judge in the other case, who IGNORED the woman's wishes as stated by all of her next of kin.
Sorry I thought her child was a minor. I know Mrs Munoz's wishes for herself but we don't know her wishes for her child.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321741 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She never said she wanted her child to die. You are assuming that she did want her child to die with her. Nobody knows what her wishes for her child were.
What she said was that she never wanted to be kept alive by machines. YOU are the one ASSuming, Ass, not I.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321742 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I thought her child was a minor. I know Mrs Munoz's wishes for herself but we don't know her wishes for her child.
What child? There was a fetus.

You're ignoring the point. Her wishes were known on the subject of being kept alive by machine.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321743 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignoring the point. Her wishes were known on the subject of being kept alive by machine.
She never said her"fetus" shouldn't be kept alive. She never said ' even if I am pregnant I don't want to be kept alive until my child can be born.' So we don't know her wishes for her child. A 'fetus' is an unborn child.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321744 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless she was pregnant when she said it, we don't know her wishes for her child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321745 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She never said her"fetus" shouldn't be kept alive. She never said ' even if I am pregnant I don't want to be kept alive until my child can be born.' So we don't know her wishes for her child. A 'fetus' is an unborn child.
No, a fetus is a potential child.

She never said the fetus should be kept alive at all costs.

She didn't HAVE to say anything other than what she did, as it was her wish to NEVER be kept alive on machines. Given that she KNEW she was pregnant, if that had been a factor in her wishes, wouldn't she have said so?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321746 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless she was pregnant when she said it, we don't know her wishes for her child.
You know for a fact that she DIDN'T reiterate her wishes at the time?

If it had made a difference to her, why assume she wouldn't say so when she KNEW she was pregnant?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321747 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Electing for her son to be an organ donor is commendable but how is using his organs to save a life any different from using her organs to save a life?
We had my son's permission - the State of Texas did not have Mrs. Munoz' permission.

Big difference.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321748 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Electing for her son to be an organ donor is commendable but how is using his organs to save a life any different from using her organs to save a life?
Her son being kept alive for the purpose of saving anothers life(a stranger mind you) is somehow commendable , but a woman kept alive , who is carrying her child, is barbaric. Playa said she was being "flogged".

A pregnant woman IS using her body to give her child life. That's a fact.

Making wishes known that you don't want to be hooked up to artificial life support after a serious situation is one thing. Being pregnant was a different scenerio all together. Unless she specified that, her child deserved a chance. Playas son thought strangers deserved a chance using his brain dead body. He sounds nothing like his mom (God rest his soul).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321749 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't HAVE to say anything other than what she did, as it was her wish to NEVER be kept alive on machines. Given that she KNEW she was pregnant, if that had been a factor in her wishes, wouldn't she have said so?
So you are saying that she WAS pregnant when she said she didn't want to be kept alive? How do you know that?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321750 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Her son being kept alive for the purpose of saving anothers life(a stranger mind you) is somehow commendable , but a woman kept alive , who is carrying her child, is barbaric. Playa said she was being "flogged".
Making wishes known that you don't want to be hooked up to artificial life support after a serious situation is one thing. Being pregnant was a different scenerio all together. Unless she specified that, her child deserved a chance. Playas son thought strangers deserved a chance using his brain dead body. He sounds nothing like his mom (God rest his soul).
Yes it makes no sense. I don't know any mom, thank goodness, who wouldn't want to give their child a chance at life.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321751 Feb 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We had my son's permission - the State of Texas did not have Mrs. Munoz' permission.
Big difference.
It's the law. They didn't need her permission.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321752 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that she WAS pregnant when she said she didn't want to be kept alive? How do you know that?
No, that's not what I said, Witless.

Damn, you're stupid. Learn to read.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321753 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A newborn is a potential teenager.

Again, a fetus is a stage of life, just like a teenager is. A pregnant woman is carrying her child. Now go get your dictionary and look it up.

kthanks you ignorant fool.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321754 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Her son being kept alive for the purpose of saving anothers life(a stranger mind you) is somehow commendable , but a woman kept alive , who is carrying her child, is barbaric. Playa said she was being "flogged".
Wrong. Unless she stated otherwise, what she'd said already should have been the deciding factor.

If she had changed her mind, wouldn't she have said if it was important to her? After all, she knew she was pregnant.

The hospital should have gone by her wishes, as expressed by her next of kin.

If she HAD said that being pregnant changed her mind on the subject, and the hospital had ignored that, you'd be outraged. So spare us your nonsense.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321755 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the law. They didn't need her permission.
No, it was a misinterpretation of the law that hospital administrators made.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321756 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
fe·tus
[fee-tuhs] Show IPA

noun, plural fe·tus·es. Embryology .
(used chiefly of viviparous mammals) the young of an animal in the womb or egg, especially in the later stages of development when the body structures are in the recognizable form of its kind, in humans after the end of the second month of gestation.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321757 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus: An unborn offspring, from the embryo stage (the end of the eighth week after conception, when the major structures have formed) until birth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321758 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> A newborn is a potential teenager.
Again, a fetus is a stage of life, just like a teenager is. A pregnant woman is carrying her child. Now go get your dictionary and look it up.
kthanks you ignorant fool.
Yes, a newborn is a potential teenager. But it's not a teenager yet.

Yes, fetus is a stage.

No, a pregnant woman is pregnant with an embryo or fetus, a potential child.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321759 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
fe·tus
noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\

: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born

Can't find any deffinition that says potential. I think you made that up and expect others to believe it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Julia 1,507,844
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Sport phartz 32,812
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
NCAA Basketball Tournament Feb 27 needhelp01 1
More from around the web