Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321689 Feb 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
HH Munro only wrote about SMART people...
<quoted text>
Like the fellow who ran off screaming into the woods, at the end of that story?

Ahem....
No Religion

South Kent, CT

#321690 Feb 9, 2014
Religious people are stinking up the world for the rest of us. Muslims are dirty filth and Christians are not much better. The Middle East is infested with vermin that's spreading over the globe and the christens are catshit !!
Bobs ur uncle

South Kent, CT

#321691 Feb 9, 2014
Muslims and Christians should be eradicated!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321692 Feb 9, 2014
Bobs ur uncle wrote:
Muslims and Christians should be eradicated!
Religion is a phase of evolution, like 'caveman pelts', which will eventually phase itself out. It's a crutch, nothing more.

I'm convinced that humans will eventually learn to practice our personal religions on ourselves, and leave the rest of us out of such a personal expression of faith.

Evolution is a process.....give it time.

In the meantime, be glad we're not all marching in lockstep with the insane, like 'Phil_Is_Right'.

He's pretty crazy. That's a whole 'nother issue.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321693 Feb 9, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> That is called abortion. Who gave you the idea that it wasn't?@@
The unfortunate fact that IVF is lauded as a gestational procedure, even though it 'kills babies', but abortion is condemned as 'evil'....even though the results are EXACTLY THE SAME: DEAD PRE-BORN HUMANS.

And both circumvent 'the will of God.'

Get over it.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321695 Feb 10, 2014
Bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb bomb THE KLAN.

Bomb, bomb, bomb......bomb bomb THE KLAN

BOMB, BOMB, BOMB.....BOMB BOMB THE KLAN...

(let's see how THEY like it....)

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321697 Feb 10, 2014

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321698 Feb 10, 2014
Excuse me, fetus worshipers, but...

What is it you think you're going to stop exactly?

Fornication Under Consent of the K...ing????

You dont GET A SAY in other people's medcial decisions. Period.

Sucks to be you, nerd.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321699 Feb 10, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. Prove otherwise.
<quoted text>
No. If I was not advocating for laws against safe sterile abortions then I wouldn't be advocating for the protection of ALL human life, now would I ? Or maybe just the human life that YOU consider worthy of being protected.
And you give women in general very little credit when you conclude that in the absence of legal, safe and sterile abortions they would have no choice but to choose to go to some back alley butcher for an ILLEGAL abortion.
Shame on you.
<quoted text>
How do you know I'm not ?( rhetorical)
<quoted text>
I'm all for that !
<quoted text>
Innit ?
Men should definitely take more responsibility. They get off way too easy.
My objective is to protect human life. Period.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi kipedia/commons/6/61/Poor_moth er_and_children,_Oklahoma,_193 6_by_Dorothea_Lange.jpg
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

#321700 Feb 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is a phase of evolution, like 'caveman pelts', which will eventually phase itself out. It's a crutch, nothing more.
I'm convinced that humans will eventually learn to practice our personal religions on ourselves, and leave the rest of us out of such a personal expression of faith.
Evolution is a process.....give it time.
In the meantime, be glad we're not all marching in lockstep with the insane, like 'Phil_Is_Right'.
He's pretty crazy. That's a whole 'nother issue.
You're replying to an old Jewish joke.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321701 Feb 10, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is nothing from a fetus or newborn that would benefit me in any way. <quoted text>
NR: "It would all depend on what YOU (cPeter) could get from the (in utero child).(If no personal advantage to you from the other life, then 'KILL IT!'...I call this attitude 'The Katie Phenomenon') "

cPeterP: "There is nothing from a fetus or newborn that would benefit me in any way."

So, "KILL IT!"

Gotcha.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321702 Feb 10, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You're replying to an old Jewish joke.
grumpy: "You're replying to an old Jewish joke."

Here's a Jewish fact that isn't a joke:

88% of Jewish-Americans support killing in utero baby Jews.

And then they have the gall to exhibit corcodile tears regarding the 1940's Holocaust.

[This has been "Holocaust Lessons For Dummies"]
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321703 Feb 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> abortion is condemned as 'evil'....even though the results are EXACTLY THE SAME: DEAD PRE-BORN HUMANS.
Playa:'abortion results in DEAD PRE-BORN HUMANS.'

At least you're finally admitting what you promote.

It's a start....
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321704 Feb 10, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
When you try to post it the first time, it comes back with red text from Topix asking you to please refrain from posting profanity. If you hit post comment a second time, it will usually go through anyway. It came up that way for my reply to your post, and neither had profanity in it, so I was just wondering why :)
bHitler: "When you try to post it the first time, it comes back with red text from Topix asking you to please refrain from posting profanity"

Heh. My posts sometimes come back in red text from Topix saying "bHitler will gladly repay your Tuesday for a Bacon 'n' Butter Sandwich today."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321705 Feb 10, 2014
Women's pregnancies have no effect on my life and are none of my business...and they're none of your business as well.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: "It would all depend on what YOU (cPeter) could get from the (in utero child).(If no personal advantage to you from the other life, then 'KILL IT!'...I call this attitude 'The Katie Phenomenon') "
cPeterP: "There is nothing from a fetus or newborn that would benefit me in any way."
So, "KILL IT!"
Gotcha.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321706 Feb 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The unfortunate fact that IVF is lauded as a gestational procedure, even though it 'kills babies', but abortion is condemned as 'evil'....even though the results are EXACTLY THE SAME: DEAD PRE-BORN HUMANS.
And both circumvent 'the will of God.'
Get over it.
Next....
Again,....It is called abortion. Who told you otherwise?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321707 Feb 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Excuse me, fetus worshipers, but...
What is it you think you're going to stop exactly?
Fornication Under Consent of the K...ing????
You dont GET A SAY in other people's medcial decisions. Period.
Sucks to be you, nerd.
Next...
Are you okay dear?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321708 Feb 10, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't there ANY LINE you won't cross? OMG
The examples you people use to make a point defeats the point you're trying to make. If I were on the fence, you would pounce me onto the pro choice side so fast, I'd have the appointments made with my Gynecologist to have all pregnancies aborted before I was even pregnant.
She is the one who has a problem with a mother not having the plug pulled on her in order to save her child life, not me. Seems odd to me that she was infuriated that this woman was kept alive for a greater good, yet she in turn did the very same thing with her brain dead son.

Where exactly did I cross the line?. In fact, WHAT line?

"""If I were on the fence"""" "

Umm....you ARE on the fence.

And if truth made you cringe, then you need a backbone.

<<shrug>>
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321709 Feb 10, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>The examples you people use to make a point, defeats the point you're trying to make.
Can you seriously not distinguish the difference? Really? Be honest. Admit.... you really can't, can you?
The examples you use to make a point, defeats the point you're trying to make
I am pointing out her hypocrisy. That's all. She says one scenerio is wrong but admits that she did the same. Her son was kept alive(flogged as she put it) to offer life to a stranger but she had problems with this mother being kept alive long enough to save her child in utero.

I know,...cuckoo, right?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321710 Feb 10, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your spouse speaks for you, when you can't. That's it. End of story.
Someone should have asked her if her child's life was worth it..... you're right.... I'm curious how she answered. Oh no,,,, she didn't object when she was laying there? Did she at least blink in agreement? Did she put up her middle finger in protest? Did she whisper her wishes in her husband's ear when no one was looking?
Bottom line people, at that point, I honestly don't think she cared one way or another. So therefore, it was up to her husband to care, one way or another........ sorry he picked the 'another' that you wouldn't have.
You should sue him. He obviously caused you mental anguish. Go to your Lawyer, and express your case.
Of course it ended up being her husbands way. He didn't want to give her a chance(he was ready to pull the plug on day one without a blink). His child? Well clearly he didn't want her either.

Like you said "she didn't care one way or the other""" , so it's not like she was suffering while keeping her child alive temporarily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Henry 1,405,043
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min ChristineM 256,044
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web