Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321493 Feb 2, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link, "Now, I can already hear the arguments about the difference between correlation and causation, and I will grant that data like this doesn’t make a conclusive case that the decrease in the teen pregnancy rate is a direct consequence of Planned Parenthood being forced to scale back and eventually go out of business entirely." The author then points out s/he is not a statistician, but is schooled in that oh so subjective area of "common sense".
Know why this is flawed? Because it doesn't take nearby states' analyses of treatment of teens from out of state. Somebody linked up a similar claim regarding Philadelphia, but that report didn't show how many were now heading to New York or other nearby states to take care of business.
All you're doing is what's already been claimed by those trying to protect civil rights from being stripped away. You're making it difficult for girls/women to attain safe, legal medical help at affordable rates. That's what you've been so proud of "chipping away" at... as if it's going to *force* girls/women to be as *responsible* as YOU think they should be.
Katie V.: "Know why this is flawed? Because it doesn't take nearby states' analyses of treatment of teens from out of state."
________

Let's review: Each of 16 counties in Texas panhandle had a Planned Parenthood facility, and 544 teens/yr (ages 13-17) became preganant. As Planned Parenthood clinics closed, the teen pregnancy rate consistently declined. After all Planned Parenthood clinics were finally closed, teen pregnancy averaged 373/year.
http://www.catholicvote.org/can-you-guess-wha...

Now, you step forward and say that the reason teen pregnancy rates dropped was not because LOCAL Planned Parenthood clinics closed, but because teens sought "treatment from out of state" clinics.

Really?

So, Planned Parenthood is more effective in reducing teen pregnancies from long-distance than from LOCAL clinics?

I'm sure Planned Parenthood appreciates your confidence.

Maybe Planned Parenthood should require that teen patients to be from out of state. That way, they it can keep its promise of reducing teen pregnancies.

Yee gads.

You inherited the "bad ideas" gene.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321494 Feb 2, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Brain-dead is brain-dead, babycakes. Fighting to keep a body alive is a worthless endeavor when the resident is gone. Also, there was no chance that the pregnancy would go to term; on life support, the body deteriorates regardless of how much care its given. The state ignored the woman's stated wishes not to be kept on support.
<quoted text>
cPeterPontificate: "The state ignored the woman's stated wishes not to be kept on support."

Her husband did not know wifes wishes in the situation of her having her baby in her womb.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321495 Feb 2, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it didn't, and no DNA test result will say that. Again, you're simply lying.
NR: "Preborn baby's DNA results will indicate she is a unique, distinct human being."

bHitler: "You're lying again. A DNA test result would only show the sample has human DNA."

NR: "From whom did the sample come from?"

bHitler: "No DNA test result will say that. Again, you're simply lying."

Once again, "FROM WHOM did the DNA sample come from?"

I'll await your response. TIA.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321496 Feb 2, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think anyone gives a rip what "Father Pacholczyk" has to say?
When Father Pacholczyk takes it by force up the backside and can become impregnated...maybe...just maybe someone, somewhere might listen and give a passing interest in what he has to say. At that point he can try to justify denying a brutalized woman/girl a choice pertaining to HER own brutalized body. He is simply trying to justify rape as another means of procreation......all power to the male, thats the RCC way!
Morgana9DeadBabies: "Do you think anyone gives a rip what 'Father Pacholczyk' has to say? When Father Pacholczyk takes it by force up the backside and can become impregnated maybe someone might listen. All power to the male."
_______

You attacked the author, avoiding addressing anything the author said.

http://www.coloradocatholicherald.com/Article...

Go back to Topix B-league.
katie

Auburn, WA

#321497 Feb 2, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Besides, you don't know if saving the little girl's life led to her growing up and becoming a killer or curing cancer"
With insanity like this there is no need for me to make up anything.
<quoted text>
I twisted nothing. What you said is a matter of record. And I know....what matters most, in your mind, was the woman's end of life wishes. Wishes that were no doubt made without any knowledge that they might cost the daughter she loves her life. But hey, those were her wishes. Follow them. Even if it costs the little girl her life.
You are sick.
Look here. You said:
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. She merely stipulated she did not want to be kept alive artificially. There were no conditions nor were any exceptions noted. Moreover, her stipulation was made with no knowledge of what the current circumstances of her and her daughter would be.
In response, I said:
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's sick is your willingness to force somebody to go against their end of life wishes. If it's stipulated she did not want to be kept alive artificially, then have and show her the respect and dignity she is allowed. Besides, you don't know if saving the little girl's life led to her growing up and becoming a killer or curing cancer. And in the long run it doesn't matter. What matters is that you followed the dying woman's end of life wishes not to be hooked up to ALS.
Therefore, it's your need to control what's not yours to control. That makes you a control freak on top of being a nosy parker. Butt out of other people's personal business. In a situation you describe, it'd be up to next of kin to decide what steps to take. If there is no next of kin, then the medical personnel would be in charge and most likely take it to a judge. The judge may or may not rule in the little girl's favor. There're too many other variables not being discussed to know for sure. What is known for sure is that you no respect to honor other people's end of life wishes and would proceed, by your admission of calling me "sick", to make decisions and choices for the dying woman that *you* approve of whether it's what the dying woman wanted or not.

And that, in my eyes, makes you the sick one.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321498 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: "Preborn baby's DNA results will indicate she is a unique, distinct human being."
bHitler: "You're lying again. A DNA test result would only show the sample has human DNA."
NR: "From whom did the sample come from?"
bHitler: "No DNA test result will say that. Again, you're simply lying."

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#321499 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana9DeadBabies: "Do you think anyone gives a rip what 'Father Pacholczyk' has to say? When Father Pacholczyk takes it by force up the backside and can become impregnated maybe someone might listen. All power to the male."
_______
You attacked the author, avoiding addressing anything the author said.
http://www.coloradocatholicherald.com/Article...
Go back to Topix B-league.
I addressed it entirely by stating that the RCC justifies procreation by means of rape. Need I say more dumb ass?

You and your ilk justify rape by justifying and demanding the woman/girl carry the burden of pregnancy by means of rape without a choice. You call this justice. But then, what can be expected from a pedophile loving institution? Is that your problem NO Relatives? Is that why you defend them so?? Birds of a feather? Thought so ya twisted pervert.
Effeww

Glastonbury, CT

#321500 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth Child Killer posted: "DNA will say the baby is part of the mom"
Your fellow proabort Johnny-Carbon12 said the same thing. He said the in utero baby is part of mom's body.
I asked him if the preborn baby is a boy, does that mean mom has a penis?
He said yes, SHE has a penis.
So......
I ask you: Since the baby is part of mom's body, if sex-determination test indicates "It's A Boy!" (www.TellMePinkOrBlue), does mom have a penis?
Yes or no?
When was the last time YOU were pregnant axxhole? When will YOU ever be pregnant jerkoffboy?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321501 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth Child Killer posted: "DNA will say the baby is part of the mom"
Your fellow proabort Johnny-Carbon12 said the same thing. He said the in utero baby is part of mom's body.
I asked him if the preborn baby is a boy, does that mean mom has a penis?
He said yes, SHE has a penis.
So......
I ask you: Since the baby is part of mom's body, if sex-determination test indicates "It's A Boy!" (www.TellMePinkOrBlue), does mom have a penis?
Yes or no?
Since you're completely clueless about DNA, then at least read about it before making ridiculous posts.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/apr/2...

http://www.genome.gov/25520880
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321502 Feb 2, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. Your claim was about what the test result would say, and it was a lie.
NR: "Once again, FROM WHOM did the DNA sample come from?"

bHitler: "It doesn't matter."
_______

Evasiveness is bHitler's middle name.

She refuses to answer simple question regarding a DNA sample from in utero baby.

She herself referred to the preborn as "a human" (noun).

"A human exists in the womb."

She's an evasive, boneheaded mess..........
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321503 Feb 2, 2014
Effeww wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time YOU were pregnant axxhole? When will YOU ever be pregnant jerkoffboy?
Dear Chicky,

How's your work going with the Catholic organization?

You hypocrite.

Enjoy the Super Bowl, dear.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321504 Feb 2, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed it entirely by stating that the RCC justifies procreation by means of rape. Need I say more dumb ass?
You and your ilk justify rape by justifying and demanding the woman/girl carry the burden of pregnancy by means of rape without a choice. You call this justice. But then, what can be expected from a pedophile loving institution? Is that your problem NO Relatives? Is that why you defend them so?? Birds of a feather? Thought so ya twisted pervert.
Dear Morgana9DeadBabies, there isn't a baby you wouldn't kill.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321505 Feb 2, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you're completely clueless about DNA, then at least read about it before making ridiculous posts.
Are you your mother?

No.

Is your mother you?

No.

Do you and your mother have the same DNA profile?

No.

Are you and your mother each unique, distinct human beings?

Yes.

Is the baby in the womb a unique, distinct human being?

Yes.

Do you support and promote ripping that baby females arms/legs off, squishing her beating heart, and crushing her skull in the womb?

Yes.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321506 Feb 2, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you're completely clueless about DNA, then at least read about it before making ridiculous posts.
Earth to Child 1, Earth to Child 1...

You forgot to answer my question. You have bHitler syndrome. For your convenience, here's the question again:

"Since the baby is part of mom's body, if sex-determination test indicates "It's A Boy!" (www.TellMePinkOrBlue), does mom have a penis? Yes or no?"

TIA.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321507 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: "Once again, FROM WHOM did the DNA sample come from?"
bHitler: "It doesn't matter."
_______
Evasiveness is bHitler's middle name.
She refuses to answer simple question regarding a DNA sample from in utero baby.
She herself referred to the preborn as "a human" (noun).
"A human exists in the womb."
She's an evasive, boneheaded mess..........
Nonsense. I'm not evading, you were deflecting. Your question has nothing to do with your claim, which was a lie.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321508 Feb 2, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Morgana9DeadBabies, you didn't read the article, did you?
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321509 Feb 2, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. I'm not evading, you were deflecting. Your question has nothing to do with your claim, which was a lie.
Dear bHitler,

When a DNA sample from a "human in the womb" (your words) is sent off to a DNA lab, WHOSE DNA does the sample belong to?

TIA.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321510 Feb 2, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
I'm glad you finally agree that a DNA analysis of mom and her in utero baby indicate that they are both unique, distinct human beings.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321511 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you finally agree that a DNA analysis of mom and her in utero baby indicate that they are both unique, distinct human beings.
Of course they are, but DNA gives a story as to where it come from, relationships, disease, etc........and that only can come from a mother and father. You'll keep twisting facts until it jives with your stance on abortion. Sorry, but I'm for women's rights to choose abortion if she wants it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321512 Feb 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear bHitler,
When a DNA sample from a "human in the womb" (your words) is sent off to a DNA lab, WHOSE DNA does the sample belong to?
TIA.
I never said "human in the womb".

Stop lying, and stop deflecting. Your claim was that a DNA test result would say "a unique human being" is a lie. It would not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Incognito4Ever 1,249,902
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 242,944
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr tom wingo 29,829
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 10 hr Sherlayne 1,618
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun mjjcpa 6,194
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Sun tom wingo 5
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 RiccardoFire 201,821
More from around the web