Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346368 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321718 Feb 11, 2014
Tamara wrote:
I feel bad for PL folks. They're here defending human life and we've done nothing but mock them. It does hurt to have truth shoved in your face and I guess our only retort was to reflect. My heart has changed. I need to admit that publicly. Life always does deserve respect and unfortunately,I am guilty of disrespectful attacks. FWIW,please forgive me for advocating such violence and discrimination against those who couldn't defend themselves. I know Vod has. Thanks for listening.
Ok, I hear your remorse for being as low and scurrilous to the SCPL, as the SCPL are toward pro-choice folks. It sucks when we realize we've sunk to that level. And I agree, it's pointless, since neither side is going to suddenly respect the other's point of view.

But who is 'Vod'?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321719 Feb 11, 2014
Her son had already approved organ donation, and they keep the body functioning while that is being arranged. So she did nothing more than carry out HIS wishes--which is what that husband was trying to do when the state intervened. There is NO hypocrisy involved.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I am pointing out her hypocrisy. That's all. She says one scenerio is wrong but admits that she did the same. Her son was kept alive(flogged as she put it) to offer life to a stranger but she had problems with this mother being kept alive long enough to save her child in utero.
I know,...cuckoo, right?

Indianapolis

#321720 Feb 11, 2014
She didn't HAVE to stipulate about pregnancy; her wishes are paramount regardless of her reproductive state, idiot.

The son signed the organ donor portion of his license, as I understand it. That's all that is necessary.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She said that? Really? Where exactly? And did she include while pregnant?
And your son specifically at that young age told you "Mom, I want my organs oxygenated after death"?

Indianapolis

#321721 Feb 11, 2014
You remember Vod...he was that kid in your high school civic class. Three rows back, two to the left. The one with the halo, who always had a seraphim bring him his lunch when he forgot it? The kid who refused to eat in the cafeteria when they had devil's food cake. Yeah, him.

Whatever happened to him?
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I hear your remorse for being as low and scurrilous to the SCPL, as the SCPL are toward pro-choice folks. It sucks when we realize we've sunk to that level. And I agree, it's pointless, since neither side is going to suddenly respect the other's point of view.
But who is 'Vod'?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321722 Feb 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You remember Vod...he was that kid in your high school civic class. Three rows back, two to the left. The one with the halo, who always had a seraphim bring him his lunch when he forgot it? The kid who refused to eat in the cafeteria when they had devil's food cake. Yeah, him.
Whatever happened to him?
<quoted text>
He discovered that devil's food cake is tastier than angel food cake, and he's now the proud proprietor of a Devil Dog franchise.....?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#321723 Feb 11, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She said that? Really? Where exactly? And did she include while pregnant?
And your son specifically at that young age told you "Mom, I want my organs oxygenated after death"?
When one designates oneself as an organ donor, that's as specific as one needs to be.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#321724 Feb 11, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
Her son was an organ donor, you piece of shit. She already explained that. Can you wrap your tiny, hateful little mind around the meaning of that? When an organ donor flat-lines, they use artificial support to keep the organs alive so that they might be transferred/transported to those who need them to live.

People elect to be organ donors. The woman you are arguing about did not grant her permission. Attempting to use your opponent's loss against them is a cheap shot, even for the likes of you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321725 Feb 12, 2014
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
Her son was an organ donor, you piece of shit. She already explained that. Can you wrap your tiny, hateful little mind around the meaning of that? When an organ donor flat-lines, they use artificial support to keep the organs alive so that they might be transferred/transported to those who need them to live.
People elect to be organ donors. The woman you are arguing about did not grant her permission. Attempting to use your opponent's loss against them is a cheap shot, even for the likes of you.
Such an ugly thing is typical for the likes of her. She's a POS.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#321727 Feb 12, 2014
Far righters say this...IF YOU DONT WANT A GUN DONT BUY ONE.

I say to far righters.....IF YOU DONT WANT OR LIKE ABORTIONS DONT GET ONE.

I say let the far right have thee guns religion racism bigotry and hate.

LETS SHIP THEM TO IRAN...THEY FIT IN THERE BETTER.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#321728 Feb 12, 2014
Finally .... I am back.
:)

Location hidden

#321729 Feb 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Far righters say this...IF YOU DONT WANT A GUN DONT BUY ONE.
I say to far righters.....IF YOU DONT WANT OR LIKE ABORTIONS DONT GET ONE.
I say let the far right have thee guns religion racism bigotry and hate.
LETS SHIP THEM TO IRAN...THEY FIT IN THERE BETTER.
As for the quote IF YOU DONT WANT OR LIKE ABORTIONS DONT GET ONE ..
Not that simple! There is more than one life involved! Ppl forget about the life growing inside the womb.

Location hidden

#321730 Feb 12, 2014
So .. Who is who on this thread now ??

Chicky ??
Foo ??
Nana ??
CHam ??

I see RC is still here and Bitner ..
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#321731 Feb 12, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the quote IF YOU DONT WANT OR LIKE ABORTIONS DONT GET ONE ..
Not that simple! There is more than one life involved! Ppl forget about the life growing inside the womb.
Only one life. THE WOMEN. A fetus is not a life.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321732 Feb 12, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
Finally .... I am back.
Aw geeze....it just wasn't the same without'cha, knit....it was so much better.

Next....
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321733 Feb 13, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one life. THE WOMEN. A fetus is not a life.
That's just silly and niave on your part.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321734 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Second, define the patient case!?!?
This is from an article in the New Yorker.

But brain death is not quite as certain as these bioethicists might like. A doctor canít always determine whether the brain is truly dead. The diagnosis is made the old-fashioned way: by careful observation. A doctor checks to see whether the eyes are responsive to light or touch; she pricks the nailbeds to discern whether the pain registers; she tests muscle reflexes; she determines whether the buildup of carbon dioxide triggers spontaneous breathing if the ventilator is shut off; and she may use an electroencephalograph to detect electrical activity in the brain.(However, even a dead brain may produce some voltage.) If all the findings are negative, then the declaration is made.

Even then, the doctor can be wrong. Patients declared dead have begun to breathe on their own, after the machines were withdrawn; organ donors have shown signs of life, even as their organs were being removed; and, in at least one case, the harvest was aborted and the patient eventually went home, neurologically impaired but decidedly alive. And there are cases, well-known among transplant doctors and ethicists, in which people have taken home ďdead bodiesĒ that have gone on to live for long periods. In one case, a three-and-a half-year-old boy whose brain was destroyed by infection was taken home by his mother, who cared for him for twenty years in her basement before he finally died, from cardiac arrest, in 2004. Evidently, the body does not always fall apart in the absence of its maestro.

Our sense that a body is not dead until it is still and cold may be uninformed and unscientific, but so is our sense that the sun moves across the sky from east to west, and most of us live our lives as if this were the case. Of course, you canít plan a rocket trip to the moon based on that understanding of heavenly movement, and you canít harvest organs from a body based on our instinctual understanding of death. The concept of brain death has its uses; organ transplants save many lives. But it has its limits, too, as these cases show, chief among them the fact that it is a concept dreamed up by humans in their quest to overcome suffering, one that can have difficulty standing up to the power of love and the implacable mysteries of death
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321735 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
"""She didn't say so before she died"""" """
So why assume that she would?
Why assume her childs life(whom she clearly wanted),wasn't worth it?
""""Rottin g mom"""" "
Oh good grief. What a drama queen.
Are you not aware that we are all *rotting* as our days go on?
Why is the automatic assumption, that she would want her child to perish with her.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321736 Feb 13, 2014
Leonine wrote:
<quoted text>
Electing for her son to be an organ donor is commendable but how is using his organs to save a life any different from using her organs to save a life?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321737 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the automatic assumption, that she would want her child to perish with her.
You've got that backwards. None of us is making assumptions. We, like her husband and parents are going by what she'd said. YOUR side is making an automatic assumption she'd have changed her mind.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321738 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Electing for her son to be an organ donor is commendable but how is using his organs to save a life any different from using her organs to save a life?
SHE didn't elect for her son to be an organ donor. HE already had. SHE was going by his wishes, UNLIKE the hospital and judge in the other case, who IGNORED the woman's wishes as stated by all of her next of kin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Fitius T Bluster 1,784,298
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Anonymous Folsom ... 36,122
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Jun 20 Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4