Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311316 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321392 Jan 30, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your skin tag DNA-sample result would show it came from your body.
A DNA sample from a preborn baby would indicate it came from the preborn baby's body. It would conclude that baby he/she is a unique, distinct human being.
Were you in special ed?
We're discussing cells. Where were you?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321393 Jan 30, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your skin tag DNA-sample result would show it came from your body.
A DNA sample from a preborn baby would indicate it came from the preborn baby's body. It would conclude that baby he/she is a unique, distinct human being.
Were you in special ed?
You're lying again. A DNA test result would only show the sample has human DNA.

Once again, you prove that ALL you have to offer here are lies, childish insults and irrelevancies.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321394 Jan 30, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Is this a baby? Sure looks like one....
Jeezis

South Kent, CT

#321396 Jan 30, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear John-KKK, what you fail to grasp is your statement is nothing but conjecture based on assumptions - not fact.
"...he knew perfectly well that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."
You do not know that this father's baby would've lived with artificial assistance. She very well could've lived a very independent, fruitful & worthwhile life....without ANY disabilities. But since your proabort 'hero' KILLED his baby girl, we won't know.
YOU support this.
Why did your Mammy abort you?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321397 Jan 30, 2014
AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Devil baby! Devil Baby!
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Is this a baby? Sure looks like one....
YTube

Marietta, GA

#321398 Jan 30, 2014

POPE Francis New Controversy ---- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321399 Jan 30, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Abortion Federation. Sounds like an important name.
And yet you couldn't provide a link to the information. And they're so important that they use the term "most" instead of actual stats...I guess.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321400 Jan 30, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Are you okay ?? I answered you how many times now? YES, it IS a baby. From the moment of my babies conception, he went hrough MANY different stages of developing. Blastocyst was one of them. Zygote was another. Fetus was another. Newborn was another. Toddler was another, etc...
Now, ask me again.
"""If I put a carrot seed in your hand would you say I have a carrot here?""""
Hmmmmm....a "carrot" "seed". The seed would need to be implanted and grown but yes, a carrot awaiting development for sure.
I wouldn't call my husbands sperm(seed) "my baby" until or unless fertilized. Otherwise it is seed.
lmao!! I'll remember this when you bring up your little LTA tirade for the millionth time.

BTW, an embryo is an embryo and a baby is a baby. A blastocyst is a blastocyst and a baby is a baby. I thought you were such a biology expert?
katie

Kent, WA

#321402 Jan 30, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you couldn't provide a link to the information. And they're so important that they use the term "most" instead of actual stats...I guess.
It's generally accepted common knowledge from Guttmacher and the CDC stats supplied here over the years that the majority of induced abortion occurs during the first trimester with a high percentage occurring between 7-8wks gestation. She gave you a name, I forget which one, but here's a Guttmacher link from Dec 2013 with a nice pie chart halfway down the page.

The pie chart claims 61.8% of all abortions occur at less than 9wks.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...

=====

This doesn't change my concern or curiosity that just because Ink knows this particular stat, she is still for seeing abortion criminalized. To me, it makes more sense to terminate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy as early as possible even while realizing there's a small percentage of LTAs that aren't found to be unhealthy until later on in wanted pregnancy.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321403 Jan 30, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's generally accepted common knowledge from Guttmacher and the CDC stats supplied here over the years that the majority of induced abortion occurs during the first trimester with a high percentage occurring between 7-8wks gestation. She gave you a name, I forget which one, but here's a Guttmacher link from Dec 2013 with a nice pie chart halfway down the page.
=====
This doesn't change my concern or curiosity that just because Ink knows this particular stat, she is still for seeing abortion criminalized. To me, it makes more sense to terminate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy as early as possible even while realizing there's a small percentage of LTAs that aren't found to be unhealthy until later on in wanted pregnancy.
She doesn't care about any of that...for her, those are just pesky little diversions from the only point she ever makes: women who have sex and get pregnant, should gestate until miscarriage, delivery, or death. God's choice. Not up to individuals.

(That's what she says, over and over, and over and over, and over......again.)
katie

Kent, WA

#321404 Jan 31, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She doesn't care about any of that...for her, those are just pesky little diversions from the only point she ever makes: women who have sex and get pregnant, should gestate until miscarriage, delivery, or death. God's choice. Not up to individuals.
(That's what she says, over and over, and over and over, and over......again.)
You're right, she doesn't and that is her consistent message. Unfortunately, she's not too different from those I was reading the past couple days referencing that man in Texas who was finally allowed to discontinue his pregnant wife's life support. All God this and God that without acknowledging God determined both woman and fetus would die on the kitchen floor if it weren't for MAN hooking her up to machines. On top of that, the majority of those people kept insisting fetus wasn't a fetus at all (forget never being born or breathing on her own), but a baby and what was wrong with people they couldn't/wouldn't admit this? It was mind-boggling!! And very much like Ink here.

<sigh>
Platinum hair

Springfield, NJ

#321405 Jan 31, 2014
I suppose these same people should accept diseases and illnesses as well? They are Gods "will" and therefore no treatment or attempt should be made therefore? Is that what you are saying here? FWIW,nobody knows why she collapsed. It could have been from neglect of her health prior or during pregnancy. Perhaps deliberate or not. Stress perhaps? Her family could have been stressful to her or her job. It took ots toll? IOW,you're projecting. ALL attempts by anyone standardsor personal beliefs,should have been made to save their lives. BOTH parties. Do us a favor and don't enter the medical profession because you don't have it in you to save,fight for life.
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, she doesn't and that is her consistent message. Unfortunately, she's not too different from those I was reading the past couple days referencing that man in Texas who was finally allowed to discontinue his pregnant wife's life support. All God this and God that without acknowledging God determined both woman and fetus would die on the kitchen floor if it weren't for MAN hooking her up to machines. On top of that, the majority of those people kept insisting fetus wasn't a fetus at all (forget never being born or breathing on her own), but a baby and what was wrong with people they couldn't/wouldn't admit this? It was mind-boggling!! And very much like Ink here.
<sigh>

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321406 Jan 31, 2014
Platinum hair wrote:
I suppose these same people should accept diseases and illnesses as well? They are Gods "will" and therefore no treatment or attempt should be made therefore? Is that what you are saying here? FWIW,nobody knows why she collapsed. It could have been from neglect of her health prior or during pregnancy. Perhaps deliberate or not. Stress perhaps? Her family could have been stressful to her or her job. It took ots toll? IOW,you're projecting. ALL attempts by anyone standardsor personal beliefs,should have been made to save their lives. BOTH parties. Do us a favor and don't enter the medical profession because you don't have it in you to save,fight for life. <quoted text>
So it's okay for YOU to play god, but it's not okay for pregnant women, is that it?

Pardon me while I puke.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321407 Jan 31, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again. A DNA test result would only show the sample has human DNA.
Once again, you prove that ALL you have to offer here are lies, childish insults and irrelevancies.
bHitler: "You're lying again. A DNA test result would only show the sample has human DNA."

From whom did the sample come from? It came from the human being in utero. That's who.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321408 Jan 31, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, I know the opening steps to this dance...
Good Morning Rachel! Have a good day!
John-KKK: "Oooh, I know the opening steps to this dance..."

You also know the opening steps to the "Kill Inconveniences" dance.

How are you "inconvenient" elderly parents doing, proabort?

Preparing your opening steps to that dance?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321409 Jan 31, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>We're discussing cells. Where were you?
Earth Child posted: "We're discussing cells. Where were you?"

And I'm saying take those cell samples (skin tag from mom & cells from her in utero child) to a DNA testing lab and let me know what the results say.

I know one thing they won't say: Preborn baby is part of mom's body.

Why?

B/c the results will indicate that her preborn baby is a unique, distinct human being.

I beginning to think that an MRI would show your brain is a skin tag.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321410 Jan 31, 2014
Jeezis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did your Mammy abort you?
Why do you berate Catholicism and then turn around to willingly work for a Catholic organization?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321411 Jan 31, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
There isn't a baby that Katie Van der Sloot wouldn't kill.

"My Grandma Katie is a POS."
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321412 Jan 31, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
=====
Katie Van der Sloot posted: High percentage of abortions occur between 7-8wks gestation. The pie chart claims 61.8% of all abortions occur at less than 9wks.
_______

As early as 5-7 weeks gestation, mom can find out from home "It's A Girl!" or "It's A Boy!" with 95% accuracy. www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

Boys & girls are being slaughtered.

Why do you criticize Ink for trying to protect these little ones' lives?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321413 Jan 31, 2014
"A Defense of Abortion" by Judith Jarvis uses "The Famous Violinist Problem" to argue that abortion ought to be morally justified when a pregnancy arises out of sexual assault. Two serious problems exist with her analogy...
_________

http://www.coloradocatholicherald.com/Article... By Tad Pacholcyzk, PhD

In her still-widely-read 1971 article,“A Defense of Abortion,” Judith Jarvis Thomson sets up a thought experiment known as “The Famous Violinist Problem” to argue that abortion ought to be morally justified when a pregnancy arises out of sexual assault:

“You wake up in the morning and find yourself back to back in bed with a ... famous unconscious violinist. He has been found to have a fatal kidney ailment, and the Society of Music Lovers has canvassed all the available medical records and found that you alone have the right blood type to help. They have therefore kidnapped you, and last night the violinist’s circulatory system was plugged into yours, so that your kidneys can be used to extract poisons from his blood as well as your own.... To unplug you would be to kill him. But never mind, it’s only for nine months. By then he will have recovered from his ailment, and can safely be unplugged from you.”

Most people would share the intuition that they should be able to unplug themselves from the violinist, since they didn’t consent to being hooked up in the first place. Others would suggest an analogy with becoming pregnant from rape, so the mother could “unplug” herself from the child by abortion.

At least two serious problems, however, exist with this analogy.

First, the famous violinist is not a good parallel for the child conceived by sexual assault. The violinist in Thomson’s thought experiment is basically a stranger to us. But the child conceived in rape is not, properly speaking, a stranger at all, and the analogy should probably be corrected to indicate this:“When the woman wakes up, she finds herself connected to a prodigy violinist who also happens to be her 12-year-old son.” In such a scenario, she would far more easily admit an obligation to remain attached to him, even for an extended period of time. Following a rape that results in pregnancy, a woman likewise finds herself connected to her own progeny, her own child in utero, with similar natural moral obligations to nurture and care for her own flesh and blood.

<Continued>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min thetruth 255,484
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,394,439
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 hr Into The Night 9,779
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web