Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#321301 Jan 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And it really grinds your gears.
Now that we've gotten the obvious out of the way....why would you WANT women who "...want to kill their children..." to become mothers?
You don't want them getting abortions, and would rather they become....what, again?
I don't WANT them to become mothers or even get pregnant. It is very easy to avoid the situation in the first place.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321302 Jan 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Her cat's life was meaningless to her, anyway. For Ink, the only difference between ending the life of her cat, and taking out the trash, is that she didn't have to take her trash to the vet, and pay to have it incinerated.
Why are you such an angry piece of work? You are always on attack mode. Isn't being that pissed off all the time tiring? Peace, child.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321303 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't WANT them to become mothers or even get pregnant. It is very easy to avoid the situation in the first place.
Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy.

Especially when you've done all you can to 'avoid the situation', SHORT of denying oneself all sexual intercourse from menarche to menopause.

Tell it to the men. Then, mind your own business.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321304 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you such an angry piece of work? You are always on attack mode. Isn't being that pissed off all the time tiring? Peace, child.
Why are you such a stupid piece of offal? You are always on "Duhhhhh" mode. Isn't being that obtuse all the time enervating?

Go gestate something, inkubator.

Next...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321305 Jan 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you such a stupid piece of offal? You are always on "Duhhhhh" mode. Isn't being that obtuse all the time enervating?
Go gestate something, inkubator.
Next...
Still pissed off, I see.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321306 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Still pissed off, I see.
Of course I'm pissed off - because people with your mindset have infiltrated the halls of Congress, and are happily legislating to restrict women's health care access. It's infuriating. I'm WELL beyond pissed off about it.

You, on the other hand, APPLAUD this trend, and hope it continues....because apparently you have a deep seated need to throw all women who might become unwillingly pregnant,(especially those who know they'd get an abortion if unwillingly pregnant) under the bus. And throw the bus into reverse, aim, and run over us again.

Do you have a valid reason for being so stupid? Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child? Did you CHOOSE to be this way?

Never mind...I really don't care WHY you're stupid. I just wish you'd let that one functioning brain cell have a bit of oxygen once in a while. 3236

Next....
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321307 Jan 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I'm pissed off - because people with your mindset have infiltrated the halls of Congress, and are happily legislating to restrict women's health care access. It's infuriating. I'm WELL beyond pissed off about it.
You, on the other hand, APPLAUD this trend, and hope it continues....because apparently you have a deep seated need to throw all women who might become unwillingly pregnant,(especially those who know they'd get an abortion if unwillingly pregnant) under the bus. And throw the bus into reverse, aim, and run over us again.
Do you have a valid reason for being so stupid? Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child? Did you CHOOSE to be this way?
Never mind...I really don't care WHY you're stupid. I just wish you'd let that one functioning brain cell have a bit of oxygen once in a while. 3236
Next....
The halls of congress don't get infiltrated. Congressmen are elected. They represent the people. If you are finding pro-life folks in government it is because the majority of voters want them there to protect what they feel are American values.

BTW I was smart and aware enough not to get pregnant when I decided that I didn't want more children. If I can do it, you can do it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321308 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The halls of congress don't get infiltrated. Congressmen are elected. They represent the people. If you are finding pro-life folks in government it is because the majority of voters want them there to protect what they feel are American values.
BTW I was smart and aware enough not to get pregnant when I decided that I didn't want more children. If I can do it, you can do it.
No one who believes a woman's corpse should be flogged, against her specific wishes, into gestating a brain-damaged fetus, or that women should be instrumentally raped as coercion to gestate, or that fetuses have rights which trump those of women, or that rape is a gift, or that pregnancy negates the civil rights of pregnant women, represents ANYONE other than you and your ilk.. and you are NOT a majority. You are a scourge. And many of those who represent you, and your ilk, in Congress, will be voted out in the next elections.

America is done with Gestation Nazis.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321309 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Bitner, if you feel loving and compasionate toward it, you can call it a baby.
You can call it anything you want...but is a blastocyst or a zygote or an embryo actually a baby?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321310 Jan 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one who believes a woman's corpse should be flogged, against her specific wishes, into gestating a brain-damaged fetus, or that women should be instrumentally raped as coercion to gestate, or that fetuses have rights which trump those of women, or that rape is a gift, or that pregnancy negates the civil rights of pregnant women, represents ANYONE other than you and your ilk.. and you are NOT a majority. You are a scourge. And many of those who represent you, and your ilk, in Congress, will be voted out in the next elections.
America is done with Gestation Nazis.
Sorry, most voters aren't one issue. They are worried about jobs, taxes and security. Your one issue won't swing elections.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321311 Jan 28, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that was not even remotely close. Why do you lie so much?
Cuz Jesus tells her to.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321312 Jan 28, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask inky if it was convenient for her to be a deathscort for her cat.
??

Ink is killing cats? Did her food stamps get cut off?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321313 Jan 28, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bitner! Most of her statements are bullsh!t. I'm surprised she hasn't posted that passing an ovum is murder because it's almost human. What a nut!
Well dang, then dudes whacking off in the shower must be a massacre!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321314 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe you could mass market 8 x 10 glossy head shots of yourself for people to buy and display on their headboards so they can pretty much destroy any hope of ever being "in the mood" ever again.

Now that would be a 100% effective kind of birth control.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321315 Jan 28, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call it anything you want...but is a blastocyst or a zygote or an embryo actually a baby?
I called mine a baby from the moment I knew I was pregnant and sure enough nine months later he emerged a new born baby. That's the way expecting parents feel. Just because you don't want it and plan to get rid of it doesn't mean it isn't real and a living human developing child.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321316 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, most voters aren't one issue. They are worried about jobs, taxes and security. Your one issue won't swing elections.
No, but the fact that the conservatives are more interested in keeping a woman from exercising her rights by whatever means, along with the fact that they obviously DON'T give a shit about women, or jobs, or about the poor, or any kind of minority, WILL.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321317 Jan 28, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for crying out loud, are you still hooked on this? You've been explained this over and over. Yes, it *is* the womans baby at its very early stages of *their* life. Whether you like it or not, that baby is your offspring and is alive and growing.

I bet your daughter has issues. She must feel disconnected from a mother like you who won't acknowledge that you were her child UNTIL she was born where you can feel and see her from the outside.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321318 Jan 28, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I'm pissed off - because people with your mindset have infiltrated the halls of Congress, and are happily legislating to restrict women's health care access. It's infuriating. I'm WELL beyond pissed off about it.
Next....
How DARE someone tells you to have respect for your childs life, right?!?!

The NERVE of people to defend your childs life while in the womb(from death as choice).

You must be soooo freakin infuriated.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321319 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I called mine a baby from the moment I knew I was pregnant and sure enough nine months later he emerged a new born baby. That's the way expecting parents feel. Just because you don't want it and plan to get rid of it doesn't mean it isn't real and a living human developing child.
Again, you don't speak for all "expecting parents", or anyone but yourself.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321320 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a medical procedure that ends a life as it's sole purpose and that makes it a moral, ethical and emotional issue. If it wasn't there would be no discussion.
Removing skin tags, which is also a living cell like a zygote, is also called a "Medical Procedure".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Tinka 1,219,718
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Eagle 12 238,006
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Earthling-1 5,295
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 29,625
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 11 hr tom wingo 80
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web