Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311625 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321089 Jan 23, 2014
I've had christers say a helluva lot worse to me.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it makes a person who wouldn't say the disgusting things you say such as in post # 321062.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321090 Jan 23, 2014
My mom had 8 kids and she never said that. She'd say she was due in August, or whenever. Other peoples' speech patterns don't need your approval.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is highly unusual to NOT call the expected child a baby as in "we are expecting a BABY in February'. Don't care what you say.. You are weird.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321091 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows - she's read each one, and remained abjectly silent.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321092 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
My mom had 8 kids and she never said that. She'd say she was due in August, or whenever. Other peoples' speech patterns don't need your approval.
<quoted text>
priceless....

:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321093 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
She obviously lives in a very small world, where her small circle of friends only do, say and think what she does, and no one EVERY does anything differently (we've ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia!). Narrow-minded, unthinking automatons like Ink. Was Stepford supposed to be in PA?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321094 Jan 23, 2014
LOL, ever.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321095 Jan 23, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She knows - she's read each one, and remained abjectly silent.
Of course she has. Like I said, she knows if she doesn't, she'll be accused of being a "proabort", and thrown under the bus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321096 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is highly unusual to NOT call the expected child a baby as in "we are expecting a BABY in February'. Don't care what you say.. You are weird.
I called my fetuses 'little wiggler' for the most part. the majority of them quit wiggling before they saw the light of day. Your insistence that women whose brains decide not to gestate, are somehow 'less than' women whose bodies decide not to gestate, tells me you are NOT a 'caring' person, but a morbidly fascinated one. If she decides to gestate, even against what would be in her best interest, because some SCPL crusader coerces her to 'let her baby live'....you're on cloud nine.

It's all about you, innit?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321097 Jan 23, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she's something.
I posted a link to a very funny cat video. Mostly with Ink in mind, as she'd recently said something about being a cat person, but also for a moment of levity for all. Stupid Sassy came on and used the video as a personal attack, implying there is something wrong with being a cat person. Ink, typically never said a word about either the video, or Sassy's ridiculous position about cat people.
Of course, she knew better, if she HAD, then Sassy, NR and Knutter would have thrown her under the bus with a viciousness beyond compare. We all,, including Ink, saw what happened to Pupsy and Rose, after all.
Never looked at your cat video. If others did and commented, it had nothing to do with me. I don't know if I am a 'cat person'. I happen to have three right now but I have always had and worked with animals, cats, horses, dogs, cows, chickens, you name it. I always believed that kids should be raised with animals if possible. So mine were.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321098 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what a christer is but yes I have heard disgusting things said to you. I just thought you give as good as you get and don't need me to come to your defense. I actually am in awe of the mean and vicious things you all say to one another.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321099 Jan 23, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, just because you've never heard them in your narrow little world, does not make it unusual, or weird. In fact, I don't remember ever hearing anyone saying "we are expecting a baby". I've heard many women say "I'm pregnant. I'm due in February", though. But I'm not arrogant like you are, so I won't say no one ever does, or if they do, then their weird.
And if you didn't care what I say, why do you keep going on about it? We have this very conversation at least a couple of times a year.
I think your world is more narrow than mine if you have never heard a mother refer to her fetus as a baby. Your claim is implausible or you just have a bad memory.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321100 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your mom is the person Bitner was talking about.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#321101 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, "expecting a baby in February" is indicating that the fetus isn't a baby until after the birth in February.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321102 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Never looked at your cat video. If others did and commented, it had nothing to do with me. I don't know if I am a 'cat person'. I happen to have three right now but I have always had and worked with animals, cats, horses, dogs, cows, chickens, you name it. I always believed that kids should be raised with animals if possible. So mine were.
Of course. I understand, you're protecting yourself from them. I don't blame you, they're brutal once you start agreeing with pro-choicers, even on subjects OTHER than abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321103 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your world is more narrow than mine if you have never heard a mother refer to her fetus as a baby. Your claim is implausible or you just have a bad memory.
Since I've never made such a claim, you have no point.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321104 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your mom is the person Bitner was talking about.
I didn't know his mom. I ALSO didn't say one person. I said many.

But, don't let facts bother you. You don't, usually.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321105 Jan 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is, "expecting a baby in February" is indicating that the fetus isn't a baby until after the birth in February.
Exactly right.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#321106 Jan 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is, "expecting a baby in February" is indicating that the fetus isn't a baby until after the birth in February.
You cannot be expecting what does not currently exist.
I cannot be expecting my sister to be visiting for the holiday if in fact my sister does not exist.

Nice try though.......you did your best.
That's what's so tragic.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#321107 Jan 23, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right.
The morons spew idiocy. And the idiots swear yes to it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#321108 Jan 23, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be expecting what does not currently exist.
I cannot be expecting my sister to be visiting for the holiday if in fact my sister does not exist.
Nice try though.......you did your best.
That's what's so tragic.
Of course, one can expect what doesn't currently exist. When you plant a seed, you expect a plant, and then you expect that plant to flower. Do you call the seed a flower? Are they one and the same to you? You're silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,419,327
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 32,332
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 hr superwilly 256,560
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web