Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346264 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321218 Jan 25, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. So a fertilized egg...is the same as a baby.
My baby began as a fertilized egg, so yes.

Go back to school. Take notes....we ALL began our lifes journey as a fertilized egg. I should get paid for all this tutoring.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321219 Jan 25, 2014
<quoted text>
She is brain dead. What about that don't you get? Brain. Dead. She made her wishes known to her family that in such a circumstance she did not want to be on artificial life support. Her own decision about her own fate.
You still show a complete lack of compassion about this woman being dead and what her family is going through, how they are suffering. It's only about the zygotes and the embryos with you.
You are one sick person.
S I C K.
Do you realize how many declared "brain dead" a.k.a "vegetables" have come back?

Again, her wishes were made known while speaking about HER life not while being pregnant.

Question....if that womans baby was mere days away from being viable, do you think it would be wrong to keep her alive as an "incubator" leaving the baby a good chance at survival?

The rest of you are welcome to answer.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321220 Jan 25, 2014
<quoted text>
The heartless, cold one on here is you. The woman is dead. Her family is suffering. And all you care about is an embryo. What must that woman's parents be going through? Her husband? Her siblings? Even her friends? But make them live through many more months of this brain dead woman being on artificial life support so her body can be used and then finally discarded. You have no empathy, no compassion. You are just a sick, twisted, rigid...stone.
You support killing healthy humans because mom doesn't want them.

who's sick, twisted, rigid and evil??

YOU!

You know it too. You don't even care that we all know this about you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321221 Jan 25, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Still won't answer, I see.
Do you value a sandwich more than a fetus? Yes or no.
Ask me and I will answer . Heck, even cpeter was willing to.
You're a proabort, we ALL know your answer. You value a sandwhich MORE than your developing child in utero.
Just wanted to see you squirm when you refuse to answer a question that will incriminate you. As per you, you took the bait.
When No Relevance made the statement about me valuing the sandwich over a fetus, among other statements, I made it clear that his post was nothing BUT lies. The question itself, that Witless then asked, doesn't DESERVE a response.

No squirming involved, just astonishment as the stupidity of you, No Relevance and Witless, that you feel this question is valid. It's not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321222 Jan 25, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Do you realize how many declared "brain dead" a.k.a "vegetables" have come back?
Again, her wishes were made known while speaking about HER life not while being pregnant.
Question....if that womans baby was mere days away from being viable, do you think it would be wrong to keep her alive as an "incubator" leaving the baby a good chance at survival?
Who has "come back"? Let's see a link.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321223 Jan 25, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My son couldn't 'come back' so we (per his pre-death wishes) donated his organs and tissues to those who could use them. They got to stay, because of his generosity. This woman's organs won't be able to be of further use to anyone, as they've deteriorated too far, having been on a ventilator for several months. So, not only was she unusable as an incubator (since the fetus is now dead too,) but no-one at ALL can benefit from her body parts, after her death.

And they want to call this 'pro-life' behavior.

Aaaaarrrrggghhh.....

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321224 Jan 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My son couldn't 'come back' so we (per his pre-death wishes) donated his organs and tissues to those who could use them. They got to stay, because of his generosity. This woman's organs won't be able to be of further use to anyone, as they've deteriorated too far, having been on a ventilator for several months. So, not only was she unusable as an incubator (since the fetus is now dead too,) but no-one at ALL can benefit from her body parts, after her death.
And they want to call this 'pro-life' behavior.
Aaaaarrrrggghhh.....
I'm sorry.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#321225 Jan 25, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.notdeadyet.org/2008/03/brain-dead-...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-213...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321226 Jan 25, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no asterisks so not me.
*dry heaves at the old slob's pick & eat*
<quoted text>
Dig deep you disgusting sot.
Asterisks be damned.

VoteVets.Org eats it.

Bet you eat your wet heaves too.

Euww.

Next...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321227 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> My baby began as a fertilized egg, so yes.
Go back to school. Take notes....we ALL began our lifes journey as a fertilized egg. I should get paid for all this tutoring.
I didn't say "began", I didn't say "stage of life" and I didn't ask is it the beginning of "our lifes journey", or anything else.

I think it is you who needs to return to school and study both biology and English comprehension. Yes, a zygote or embryo is one stage of the process...

but is a blastocyst/zygote/embryo a "baby" at that moment?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321228 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Do you realize how many declared "brain dead" a.k.a "vegetables" have come back?
" Do you realize how many declared "brain dead" a.k.a "vegetables" have come back?"

How many?

"Question....if that womans baby was mere days away from being viable, do you think it would be wrong to keep her alive as an "incubator" leaving the baby a good chance at survival?"

Yes, I do.

Question...If you believe in God and God's will then isn't it going against his will to put a brain dead person on artificial life support when they are clearly dead? It was her time was it not? Yet now you think it's okay to play God??

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321229 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You support killing healthy humans because mom doesn't want them.
who's sick, twisted, rigid and evil??
YOU!
You know it too. You don't even care that we all know this about you.
Because the intelligent people on here know that what I "support" is people, you included, making their own decisions. I made mine, you made yours, other people get to make theirs.

Yes, I'm glad people know that I'm not a control-freak.

You supposedly believe in a God, so butt out let him take care of things. Or maybe you have some doubts?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#321230 Jan 26, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW do you know? Did she state any exceptions? Last I heard women
/girls that are pregnant still have A LIFE, but apparently not in YOUR sick twisted fanatical world! This is not surprising from a woman who could not care less about women/girls and would (from what I heard) rather her daughter die than have a life saving abortion. It does not get sicker or more twisted than that.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#321231 Jan 26, 2014
<quoted text>
" Do you realize how many declared "brain dead" a.k.a "vegetables" have come back?"
How many?
"Question....if that womans baby was mere days away from being viable, do you think it would be wrong to keep her alive as an "incubator" leaving the baby a good chance at survival?"
Yes, I do.
Question...If you believe in God and God's will then isn't it going against his will to put a brain dead person on artificial life support when they are clearly dead? It was her time was it not? Yet now you think it's okay to play God??
It certainly appears to me that they fear dying and meeting their god! According to "his" book I would not want to meet him either :) Wrathful, jealous, hateful, needs constant reinforcement with worship, reinvents himself when he fcks up, not fond of women. Spending eternity with a spoiled brat is not very appetizing.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321232 Jan 26, 2014
No, pregnancy does not invalidate her choices for herself. Moreover, it doesn't invalidate the rights of the spouse or other legal guardian to do what is best for the woman.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The woman made a decision based on her life, which is her choice. She was presently carrying her developing child so the situation is changed therefore leaving her wishes invalid. She chose to be an "incubator" so stop acting like she was forced or is being being forced.

Indianapolis

#321233 Jan 26, 2014
Being called evil by you is like winning a Nobel prize.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> See, this is what I like about you. You're evil but don't hide it.

Indianapolis

#321234 Jan 26, 2014
Her family and friends could expect anything they wished. What if she had miscarried?

She was found not guilty, btw. It was in all the papers.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> When Casey Anthony got pregnant in October, her family and friends "expected" her baby to grow up, graduate school, have a family of her own, and live til the ripe old age of 100yrs old as she watched her great grandchildren grou up.
:( her mom killed her
Casey expected to live..which she did...
next......

Indianapolis

#321235 Jan 26, 2014
I was applying it to your argument, idiot.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
The moron applies Descartes to a fetus, then says Descartes doesn't apply to fetuses.
The essence of blind stupidity.

Indianapolis

#321236 Jan 26, 2014
She wasn't in a coma; she was brain-dead. NOT the same thing.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What wishes did the woman have that included being pregnant?
None.
Exactly.
So stop making sh*t up. This man didn't even want to give his wife a chance(let alone his developing child). She could have come out of the coma.

Indianapolis

#321237 Jan 26, 2014
About 75% of all fertilized eggs don't implant and get jettisoned during the woman's period. It doesn't matter how we begin; it matters that the woman's life is impacted negatively and she wants to restore it to its normal status.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> My baby began as a fertilized egg, so yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min President Dump 1,782,796
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 37 min Trojan 36,109
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Wed Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4