Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313963 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Fat Janet

West Hartford, CT

#320910 Jan 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not if she has HER way...ALL abortions would be performed by the Gosnell wanna-bes of the world....without regulation, sterile surgical environments, or qualified, licensed physicians involved in any way.
It's what she dreams of, when she's not pacing the floor bewailing the legal ones...
Because people like stINK still live in the stone age and they like it that way.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320911 Jan 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute... I think they think you're LaLa.'Cause they think NAP is Nana. But they call themselves, when trolling, Chicky because they miss her so badly. I miss her, too. But am pretty sure when she posts here, she lets everyone know it's her.
In the meantime, they all lie like rugs and make crap up... but we are the awful ones?? You'll be waiting for quite a while, I fear. Forever, probably. SassyJM has no proof. All she has are anecdotes from her brother's uncle's cousin's sister's next door neighbor's boyfriend's sister's bestfriend's mother's grandpa who fought in WWI who saw someone who said something nobody can remember. But Sassy does! LOL
So in summary...Sassy is just full of crap.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320912 Jan 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not if she has HER way...ALL abortions would be performed by the Gosnell wanna-bes of the world....without regulation, sterile surgical environments, or qualified, licensed physicians involved in any way.
It's what she dreams of, when she's not pacing the floor bewailing the legal ones...
The LTA's are performed by the likes of Gosnell. Ethical doctors won't abort a viable fetus without real good reason.
katie

Seattle, WA

#320913 Jan 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The LTA's are performed by the likes of Gosnell. Ethical doctors won't abort a viable fetus without real good reason.
Dr. Tiller used to perform LTAs. Legal and safe, regulated and sterile... all while being hounded by the extremist in the Attorney General's office of Kansas... up until he was assassinated while attending his own church.

And your side jumped for joy, danced on his grave, and completely distanced yourselves from what had been created by your very own cult-like PLM. You all ran around singing praises that no more "babies" would be destroyed... all while that criminal Gosnell was butchering women and newborns right under your nose.

Now, if you had to pick between the two to do emergency surgery on your pregnant granddaughter in a public area (hypothetically)... who would it be? And don't say neither, that's not applicable. One or the other. It's your world, let's see how you'd run it.
katie

Seattle, WA

#320914 Jan 18, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it's not as funny when it's said like that... ;)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320915 Jan 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Tiller used to perform LTAs. Legal and safe, regulated and sterile... all while being hounded by the extremist in the Attorney General's office of Kansas... up until he was assassinated while attending his own church.
And your side jumped for joy, danced on his grave, and completely distanced yourselves from what had been created by your very own cult-like PLM. You all ran around singing praises that no more "babies" would be destroyed... all while that criminal Gosnell was butchering women and newborns right under your nose.
Now, if you had to pick between the two to do emergency surgery on your pregnant granddaughter in a public area (hypothetically)... who would it be? And don't say neither, that's not applicable. One or the other. It's your world, let's see how you'd run it.
They were only 'legal' because he got away with falsifying his paperwork giving reasons for the abortion that were lies. His associate has lost her license for signing off on women she never saw. Gosnell just didn't bother with the records.

I think only one woman died because of Gosnell and she wasn't butchered. How many mothers did Tiller lose?
katie

Seattle, WA

#320916 Jan 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They were only 'legal' because he got away with falsifying his paperwork giving reasons for the abortion that were lies. His associate has lost her license for signing off on women she never saw. Gosnell just didn't bother with the records.
I think only one woman died because of Gosnell and she wasn't butchered. How many mothers did Tiller lose?
You didn't answer the hypothetical. And you've been thoroughly spoon fed. Again. Here, learn the reality.

"In this case, Morrison charged Tiller with maintaining a business relationship with the doctor who signed off on 19 abortions between July and November 2003. The consultant was Dr. Ann Kristin Neuhaus. She wasn't charged because state law places responsibility solely with the doctor performing the abortion.
http://cjonline.com/stories/062907/sta_180770...

"According to the Associated Press, Neuhaus was hoping to have her full medical license restored after spending years only allowed to provide limited medical care for charity work. Instead, an ongoing investigation into 11 patient cases obtained by Operation Rescue became the center of a movement to have her license stripped all together.

The cases all involved girls who sought abortions due to mental health issues from depression to suicide, with an age range from 17 years old to as young as 10. The board alleged that Neuhaus’s exams were not thorough enough based on the available records provided, and that her follow up care was inadequate, as she did not recommend counseling or hospitalization afterwards.

Neuhaus called the accusations ridiculous. She said she refused to put too much identifying information in the records because she knew that they could eventually end up in the hands of outsiders and violate the patients’ privacy. As for abortions not being necessary, Neuhaus found that laughable as well.

“To even claim that isn’t medically necessary qualifies as gross incompetence,” said Neuhaus.“Someone’s 10 years old, and they were raped by their uncle and they understand that they’ve got a baby growing in their stomach and they don’t want that. You’re going to send this girl for a brain scan and some blood work and put her in a hospital?”

Sadly, the findings of the board were nearly inevitable. One of anti-choice Governor Sam Brownback’s most recent appointments to the board was Richard Macias, a former Operation Rescue attorney, showing the Governor’s obsession with getting anti-abortion activists key administrative spots for regulating the procedure.“I’m more concerned about the standard of care, particularly the aftercare,” Macias told the AP.“That’s the issue that bothers me the most.”
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/06/25/...

-continued-
katie

Seattle, WA

#320917 Jan 18, 2014
-continued from above-

"Kansas doctor Ann Neuhaus, a colleague of the late Dr. George Tiller, lost her medical license when the state health board—led by anti-choice advocates—decided that she did not provide adequate mental health exams for a handful of patients seeking second or third trimester abortions in the state. Neuhaus has tried to appeal the ruling, but with court costs escalating, that may prove impossible. In order to even pursue the case, she must pay almost $100,000."
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/09/28/...

"When an administrative judge invalidated her license in June 2012, his primary reason was that her patient records were “inadequate.”

At the time, Kansas law required a second opinion from a licensed physician before a woman could obtain a late-term abortion in order to prove that she would suffer "substantial and irreversible" harm to a major bodily function if she continued with her pregnancy. Mental health was considered to be "a major bodily function."

Neuhaus freely admits that her documentation was indeed sparse on detail. She notes that the Kansas district attorney began investigating abortion clinics, including Tiller's, in 2003.(Until his murder in 2009, Tiller was one of the few doctors who would perform abortions on fetuses older than 25 weeks.)

"We all knew that we were operating in a fishbowl," she said.“I made [those records] skimpy because I realized that they could get into the wrong hands. And sure enough they did."

The records -- which contained personal details about the young women Neuhaus evaluated -- were obtained by Kansas District Attorney Phil Kline in 2007. Neuhaus knows how Kline got them: His lead investigator, she says, tricked her into handing them over by falsely promising her that he'd give them right back. What she doesn't know is how they were obtained by Bill O’Reilly. "
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/16/ann-...
katie

Seattle, WA

#320918 Jan 18, 2014
And, for those interested, here's an update on Phil Kline, the DA who hounded Dr. Tiller and Dr. Neuhaus.

"An attorney for former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline has asked the Kansas Supreme Court to consider modifying a ruling that indefinitely suspended Kline’s law license."

<SNIP>

"The Supreme Court said in the October ruling that Kline could ask for his license to be reinstated after three years, but that any application would be reviewed by the court. The justices also could seek additional review by the state disciplinary panel for attorneys.

In 2007, Kline filed 107 criminal charges against a Planned Parenthood clinic in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park, accusing it of performing illegal abortions and falsifying records. The last of those charges were dropped in August 2012.

Kline also pursued misdemeanor criminal charges against the late Dr. George Tiller. The case, which focused on late-term abortions performed by Tiller’s Wichita clinic, was dismissed for jurisdictional reasons.

Kline began the investigations just months into his 2003-2007 term as attorney general. The clinics resisted his attempts to get information from patients’ medical records, but eventually the courts allowed him access to edited documents.

Ultimately, the justices said Kline committed “significant and numerous” violations as an attorney while pursuing prosecutions as attorney general and district attorney in Johnson County."
http://cjonline.com/news/state/2013-12-06/kli...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320919 Jan 18, 2014
Sassy is one enema away from a city-ravaging mudslide.
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Husker

Falls City, NE

#320920 Jan 18, 2014
Fat Janet wrote:
<quoted text>
Still less widespread than your stinking cult.
Oh my gosh! You finally took a name that describes the real you!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320921 Jan 18, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sassy is one enema away from a city-ravaging mudslide.
<quoted text>
LMAO...I think you mean shitslide. At least she'll be able to drive her sub-car through the mess, with or without gas in the tank.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320922 Jan 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Women don't seek LTA's without a 'real good reason' either, fool.

Still haven't come up with even ONE example of a court case where a woman was pursuing an abortion for 'frivolous' reasons.....?

Wonder why that is....?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#320923 Jan 18, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women don't seek LTA's without a 'real good reason' either, fool.
Still haven't come up with even ONE example of a court case where a woman was pursuing an abortion for 'frivolous' reasons.....?
Wonder why that is....?
In 1970, Norma McCorvey, under the pseudonym "Jane Roe," filed a law suit challenging the Texas laws that criminalized abortion. The case eventually reached the U.S. Supreme Court as the now-famous Roe v. Wade. The "Roe" of that case is described as a pregnant woman who "wished to terminate her pregnancy by an abortion 'performed by a competent, licensed physician, under safe, clinical conditions'; that she was unable to get a 'legal' abortion in Texas.... She claimed that the Texas statutes were unconstitutionally vague and that they abridged her right of personal privacy...."

The true story, as Norma McCorvey tells it, is more complicated. She describes herself as having been relatively ignorant of the facts of her own case, and claims that her attorneys simply used her for their own predetermined ends. They "were looking for somebody, anybody, to use to further their own agenda. I was their most willing dupe." She had indeed become pregnant with her third child and sought to end her pregnancy, but she was not aware of all the implications of abortion or even what the term itself meant. "'Abortion', to me, meant 'going back' to the condition of not being pregnant." She did not fully realize that this process would end a human life. She says that her attorney Sarah Weddington, rather than correcting her misconceptions, deliberately confused the issue: "For their part, my lawyers lied to me about the nature of abortion. Weddington convinced me,'It's just a piece of tissue. You just missed your period.'" Another problem was that Norma claimed that her pregnancy was the result of a gang-rape, in order to present a more sympathetic picture. As she has since admitted, this was totally untrue.

Norma states that her actual involvement in the case was minimal. She signed the initial affidavit without even reading it, and "was never invited into court. I never testified. I was never present before any court on any level, and I was never at any hearing on my case ... I found out about the decision from the newspaper just like the rest of the country."
Norma never had an abortion. She gave her baby up for adoption.

“Something's heavy on my heart”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#320925 Jan 19, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Neither viruses nor fetuses are sentient, and neither have legal rights. Both exist by parasitic (not symbiotic) means. Both are capable of killing or harming their hosts. Both are expendable.
And both's continued existence can be challenged by their host without your permission.
Your medulla must get awfully lonely, having no company in that empty skull of yours.
<quoted text>
You're back to comparing a virus to a fetus are you ? What's the matter...that irrelevant thing not sitting too well with you ?
When I tell you again how the comparison fails on the most fundamental of levels, are you going to go back to the irrelevant thing again ?
You're predictable....and stupid.

Location hidden

#320926 Jan 19, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nope; it's theoretical, because the state doesn't have to do anything at all,
Nope. Because one doesn't choose to exercise their right to vote, their right to peacefully assemble, or their right to practice their religion, does NOT mean those rights are theoretical.

In theory, the states may choose to prohibit abortion in the 3rd trimester ???

NO, in FACT, states may choose to prohibit abortion in the 3rd trimester.

Just exactly to what level can your stupidity reach ?
and what it does decide to do CANNOT interfere with the woman's stated rights.
If a woman with NO health or life risks seeks an abortion in the 3rd trimester in a state that prohibits legal abortion in the absence of such risks, then her ability to obtain a legal abortion has most definitely been interfered with.
You'd lose a debate to a clam.
<quoted text>
Possibly. But never to an ignorant sot like you. Not on your best day.

Location hidden

#320927 Jan 19, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read. Obviously, you weren't following the conversation well enough, Troll.
I followed every one of Bad Axe's posts. An extremely intelligent and logical poster.

And....

....he didn't say it did. All he said was RvW allows states to regulate abortion.
You're like pete, you lie about what people say and then fabricate arguments with them about things that they've never said.

Location hidden

#320928 Jan 19, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Have I mentioned lately that you're a fool?
One can support woman's right to abort when she chooses but still support the rule of law. For instance, I think marijuana should be legalized, but support the laws against it until they are overturned. You can't just ignore the law.
<quoted text>
Of course. One can disagree with the law but support it's rule until such time that it is overturned. But the problem is ignorant one, she said she AGREED with the restrictions RvW allows.

There is never a need to mention YOU are a fool. You demonstrate it with practically every one of your posts.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320929 Jan 19, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
I followed every one of Bad Axe's posts. An extremely intelligent and logical poster.
And....
....he didn't say it did. All he said was RvW allows states to regulate abortion.
You're like pete, you lie about what people say and then fabricate arguments with them about things that they've never said.
You obviously missed at least one.

I don't lie.

Location hidden

#320930 Jan 19, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not. Having an opinion does no such thing.
YOU are the liar.
And those who are of the OPINION that RvW should be overturned and that states should make elective abortion illegal would also, assertions here to the contrary, NOT be forcing a woman to gestate.
Having an opinion does no such thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min No Surprize 1,521,957
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar '17 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web