Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313962 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320805 Jan 17, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>

You are obese & mean.(Pssst....I'm not equating obese & mean. Damn you're dumb.)
I think you must be obese, hate yourself because of it, and take your feelings out on others.
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#320806 Jan 17, 2014
I am sure everything in the world will be o.k...I have been kicked off
topix for what I say, so I do not know what to say, with these super
smart computers. I said I would blog to you until I die, I am 71 years
old, now, or until the world ends. Something has to happen soon, as I
am feeling my age. We are being told, on the internet, about space
aliens, but you do not hear anything from the churches or our
governments. I read today, on the internet, where the space ships are
so big they cannot come near earth as they would interfere with
earth communications....so they send shuttles to the earth`s atmosphere and that is what people see. I am going to post this and get on another forum. Love, el cid 777

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320807 Jan 17, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had actually followed the conversation, you would realize you're making an azz out of yourself.
Funny how you waddle around calling others "liars."
Your stomach has four compartments.
Like a cow.
There was nothing I said that wasn't true.

Unlike YOUR post quoted above.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320808 Jan 17, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forcing women/girls against their will to give birth would be keeping them in line, don't you think?
Most who dare to refer to themselves as pro-choice,agree with restricting a womans potential choice to electively abort after their legal given time frame. They all (including you if you are one of them) are forcing women to gestate against their will. Tell me, is it because they are attempting to keep women in line too?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320809 Jan 17, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for setting sASSy straight there, Husky, and admitting that you did indeed post that horrific nonsense about demons raping another poster, and her grandchildren,
You posted your demon-rape scenario to Nana, not me...I don't even HAVE grandkids.
Jesus thinks what you say on here is "worse", missy. Clean up your act.
Next....
No no no not so fast missy. You accused knit of something else. You said that knit *wished* that demons would rape her grands. Even that knucklehead John (oopsy, did I just say that out loud) was going to show me proof of her saying that. BOTH of you lied .

An apology is in order. Now get to it!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320810 Jan 17, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. I don't even 'hate' you, wanker.
But if that's all ya got....
Supporting and fighting for the right to kill anothers life (your own flesh and blood) because they are unwanted by you, makes you ..a ..umm...nice person?

No. It does not. It makes you a hateful soul.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320811 Jan 17, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a very shallow person. Are all your weight jokes because you think heavy people are not as good as you?
Says the woman who aborted her child because YOU felt that you were above him/her.

“Atheist and Skeptic”

Since: Mar 11

Kuiper Belt

#320812 Jan 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Says the woman who aborted her child because YOU felt that you were above him/her.
I think you're lying. I don't think LNM ever had an abortion. What post did you get that from?

“Something's heavy on my heart”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#320813 Jan 17, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Insisting that a virus' primary functions are negative, is pretty self-centered, fella. A virus' primary function is to survive. Viruses have evolved by attaching themselves to other living things, and finding optimal hosts...that's a survival mechanism, not a personal vendetta.
Just so you know....
Yet, oddly enough, we seem to have no qualms against the summary execution of viruses...go figure.
Their primary functions are negative to their host.

And I see like pete you just gloss over the "viruses are not developing human lives" fact........oddly enough.

“Atheist and Skeptic”

Since: Mar 11

Kuiper Belt

#320814 Jan 17, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Supporting and fighting for the right to kill anothers life (your own flesh and blood) because they are unwanted by you, makes you ..a ..umm...nice person?
No. It does not. It makes you a hateful soul.
Religious people learn how to try and use shame to change other people's behavior. When will you all learn that doesn't work?

Location hidden

#320815 Jan 17, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, you didn't answer this the first few times it was mentioned.
If you're so sure on what RvW states, why don't you realize that if woman's life or health is at stake, she may still legally and safely abort beyond viability?
What don't you seem to understand about that?
She understands it perfectly. We all do. What is wrong with you ? Post viability a woman can still abort if her health or life is at risk. We get it.
However, in the absence of a health or life risk RvW says states can restrict and even prohibit abortion. In such cases she would be forced to gestate. And you agree with that.
You support the right to abortion in circumstances YOU deem appropriate.

Nosy parker.

In that way, no woman is ever "...forced(legally) to gestate against her will when she might want to kill her developing baby."
So stop accusing me of something you fail to understand. Your false accusations and blatant lie fall flat.
There is nothing false about the fact that you support restrictions on abortion post-viability. And that is all she said. What don't you seem to understand about that ?

Location hidden

#320816 Jan 17, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see nothing's changed in the last week.
Hey, Stupid Sassy, RvW is not a law, and it doesn't restrict a woman's choice.
Stop being so idiotic.
Tell Morgana the same thing. She seems to think it's law also.....

Morgana: "Katie agreeing with RvW is justified. RvW is just and reasonable law."

Location hidden

#320817 Jan 17, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
RvW does not say anything about regulating the funding.
He didn't say it did. All he said was RvW allows states to regulate abortion.
You're like pete, you lie about what people say and then fabricate arguments with them about things that they've never said.

Location hidden

#320818 Jan 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I usually skirt right over irrelevancies. Doesn't matter if it's a virus, a tumor, an earwig, or a fetus, a woman doesn't have to sustain it against her will (although with viruses, the choice isn't always possible.)
Now apologize for being ignorant.
<quoted text>
The dumbbell spends multiple posts trying ( and failing ) to explain how a virus is like a fetus, then when he's shown how stupid such a comparison is he says......errr....doesn't matter, it's irrelevant anyway.

You are idiocy personified.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320819 Jan 17, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by safety, he's talking about the patient involved, the pregnant woman.
Try again. He said and I quote, "In theory, the state may act to ensure the safety of the viable fetus." You tend to ignore what is written here if you don't like what is said. It seems that you and Cpeter see R v W differently.

Location hidden

#320820 Jan 17, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I faced that very scenario once already, as I explained, then why would facing that scenario in the future, hypothetically, be any different? I faced it in reality, and told you what I did, and now you want me to explain what I would do in the future if the same thing that I already faced in reality were to happen...in the future? Huh?
Wrong. It was not the same scenario. I changed the scenario drastically. I added that you were NOT excited about the prospect of raising a child ( which you said was the reason you went ahead with your other pregnancy even though you weren't emotionally or financially ready). And I also added that in addition to being financially and emotionally unprepared, you were NOT physically able to raise another child. If all these factors came into play and, in short, there was not ONE single solitary positive aspect for you having another child, would abortion ever be a consideration for you ? And if not, why ?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320821 Jan 17, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forcing women/girls against their will to give birth would be keeping them in line, don't you think?
No one can force you to do anything but plenty of women who have children don't stay in line. Do they?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320823 Jan 17, 2014
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people learn how to try and use shame to change other people's behavior. When will you all learn that doesn't work?
I don't think I know what shame means anymore. People seem proud of the shameful things they do.
katie

Seattle, WA

#320824 Jan 17, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
She understands it perfectly. We all do. What is wrong with you ? Post viability a woman can still abort if her health or life is at risk. We get it.
However, in the absence of a health or life risk RvW says states can restrict and even prohibit abortion. In such cases she would be forced to gestate. And you agree with that.
You support the right to abortion in circumstances YOU deem appropriate.
Nosy parker.
<quoted text>
There is nothing false about the fact that you support restrictions on abortion post-viability. And that is all she said. What don't you seem to understand about that ?
I support women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. That means I support their rights to make their own determinations. None of you understands a thing when you refuse to accept that little tidbit. I don't determine what instances call for termination prior to term and which do not. A physician would make that call and it'd be between him/her and the patient. Therefore, your attempts at trying to label me a nosy parker like you are futile and false.

Location hidden

#320825 Jan 17, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The doctrine of state's interest encompasses the state's rights to ensure public safety. Since abortion in the third trimester entails as much danger to the woman as childbirth, it becomes a matter of regulating medical risk. In theory, the state may act to ensure the safety of the viable fetus; however, it may not interfere with abortions performed for medical reasons.
<quoted text>
No stupid. There is no THEORY about it at all. It's FACT. In their interest to protect fetal life and in the absence of a health or life risk to the mother, the state may act to to restrict or even prohibit abortion in the 3rd trimester.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Cheech the Conser... 1,521,863
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web