Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322151 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#320686 Jan 15, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise: "When or whether a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy isn't relevant to anyone but her"
What about the little human being in her womb? You know, the one who is KILLED if her mom chooses abortion?
I stand by my statement, which is quite succinct. A fetus has no rights, legal or moral, equal to or over those of the woman. Your personal emotions about another woman's pregnancy are yours to grapple with, no one else's.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320687 Jan 15, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise: "When or whether a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy isn't relevant to anyone but her"
What about the little human being in her womb? You know, the one who is KILLED if her mom chooses abortion?
And if 'mom' carries her to term, and years later SHE aborts a pregnancy, will you still be standing up for this "little human being" who is no longer 'in the womb'?

Of course not.

Next...

Location hidden

#320688 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Caiou..At least Spooned can see,for himself where it comes,from....as,no one else here does,that to me .
Peace folks,...
Hi, Rosesz. Hope you're doing well!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320689 Jan 15, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> We didn't agree with her because she would post to people who degraded Christ is a malicious way and would not correct them and say, hey watch it, Christ is my Saviour. yet she would correct us when we said she wasn't really pro life. She isn't , she is for pre marital sex and artificial birth control which do cause abortion. Another thing rose tells young teenagers to give in to your temptations, now a born again Christian would never say that.
Rose never wished that demons would rape anyone's grandchildren either....

I guess only a born-again Christ Stain would say that....

Next...
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320690 Jan 15, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I stand by my statement, which is quite succinct. A fetus has no rights, legal or moral, equal to or over those of the woman. Your personal emotions about another woman's pregnancy are yours to grapple with, no one else's.
From the minute we were a thought in the mind of our creator even prior to him creating and forming us in our mothers body, we had value. Our mothers *personal emotion* regarding if we were wanted or not by her, doesn't change that. We are all equal. I just love how you so called feminist scream for equal rights, yet try to rob another of their equality. Nobody takes hypocrites seriously. If you want to be heard and taken seriously, then I suggest you step back and practice what you preach. You're no better than those who treat women as second class citizens,

A REAL loving mother respects, values and protects her child. The rest of you obviously grew up in dysfunctional families where someone belittled, disrespected and made you feel unworthy. You in turn used this unfortunate situation to gain self-control by doing it to others. Do you feel empowered by discriminating against others???
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320691 Jan 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And if 'mom' carries her to term, and years later SHE aborts a pregnancy, will you still be standing up for this "little human being" who is no longer 'in the womb'?
Of course not.
Next...
Why would ANYONE stand up for a killer?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320692 Jan 15, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter how any one woman feels about abortion? The point behind being pro-choice is that abortion shall be one of the choices open to a pregnant woman. When or whether a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy isn't relevant to anyone but her.
Except when the first trimester is over, then the hypocrites come out of the woodwork to voice their opinion on what, when, why and how. They dont care about personal choices any longer. They agree with restricting her choices.

HARDLY fits the pro-choice title, hey Leesyboo? More like proabortion when THEY think its acceptable for her and then switches to anti-choice .
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320693 Jan 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose never wished that demons would rape anyone's grandchildren either....
I guess only a born-again Christ Stain would say that....
Next...
Please provide proof that anyone "wished the demons raped "someones grandchildren.

I'll wait.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320694 Jan 15, 2014
E L Norton MD wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually looked it up? As if I'd ever put my real name up on an Internet forum. Let me take a wild stab, had I agreed with her absurd story you would have never checked right ? You are as transparent as you are shallow. The fact is she said that her dr told her that the tumors were caused by her pregnancy. Since she aborted at 3 weeks there is positively NO WAY those tumors could have grown to the size that would make her appear 4-5 mos pregnant in that time frame. Utterly impossible. Her story is a complete fabrication.
By the way if you get a chance ( and it sounds like you're a guy with loads of free time) call Dr McKenna in the Oncology Dept at Oxford and just tell him 'E' said hi.
Trust me, Petey is clueless. He pretends to understand the medical field yet defends people like morgue anna(sorry for stealing your name for her, knit)

Her abortion was at 3 weeks which means these tumors grew to ginormous proportions within 2 weeks which lead her to schedule an abortion which takes time.

yeah, okay.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#320695 Jan 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Please provide proof that anyone "wished the demons raped "someones grandchildren.
I'll wait.
Ask, and ye shall receive my darling "Sassafrazzle."

Our very own "Knit," at her best, wishing only the best for "Chicky" and family;

"Colorado 4 life wrote:
"I see you like to make fun of good and Holy men, demons do that. I bet the demons rape you front and south and up the mouth.Then go after your little sweeties."

Colorado 4 life wrote:
"Child rape comes from people who think they have to be liberated,people from the sixties, your type chicko. You want shocking posts? I bet you and your demons had their ways with your poor children. I would imagine your type would fiddle with the little girls and boys.I bet your friends had their way with your children and gerand children.
Hey how much of Satan's poop did you swallow? You make me sick and infuriated the Topix won't pull your posts."

While it may not constitute "wishing" rape per-say, "Knit's" strange obsession with demons, group-rape, children, and scatological scenarios is nothing if not cringe-worthy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#320696 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Caiou..At least Spooned can see,for himself where it comes,from....as,no one else here does,that to me .
Peace folks,...
Happy New Year "Rose!"

Always a pleasure to "see" you luv.
:)
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Best,

John.

Location hidden

#320697 Jan 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> From the minute we were a thought in the mind of our creator even prior to him creating and forming us in our mothers body, we had value. Our mothers *personal emotion* regarding if we were wanted or not by her, doesn't change that. We are all equal. I just love how you so called feminist scream for equal rights, yet try to rob another of their equality. Nobody takes hypocrites seriously. If you want to be heard and taken seriously, then I suggest you step back and practice what you preach. You're no better than those who treat women as second class citizens,
A REAL loving mother respects, values and protects her child. The rest of you obviously grew up in dysfunctional families where someone belittled, disrespected and made you feel unworthy. You in turn used this unfortunate situation to gain self-control by doing it to others. Do you feel empowered by discriminating against others???
I support your right to your opinion. The fact remains that the unborn do not have rights, moral or legal, over the born. If you choose to grant a fetus in your uterus rights over yourself, that's entirely up to you. You may not, however, intervene in any other woman's pregnancy.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320698 Jan 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
It doesn't say a thing about women needing to presume they have cancer.
<quoted text>
Any kind of bleeding out of the ordinary should be addressed. If a menopausal woman begins to spot, or if a woman is spotting in between periods, it should be a cause for concern. More often than not, the first thought is cancer. No different than a lump in the breast being thought of as cancer. Or a call back from a suspicious pap.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#320699 Jan 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Out himself as what? Human?
<quoted text>If yours is truly the 'god of the universe' it would be worshipped universally.
It isn't.
<quoted text> Make some sense yourself....with me, what you see, is what you get,
<quoted text>Apparently, I'm typing TO something stupid. Bummer.
Next...
Laughing Out Loud at "NEXT"... as though you've said something brilliant.

Next...
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320700 Jan 15, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I support your right to your opinion. The fact remains that the unborn do not have rights, moral or legal, over the born. If you choose to grant a fetus in your uterus rights over yourself, that's entirely up to you. You may not, however, intervene in any other woman's pregnancy.
A woman can't receive an elective abortion after first trimester which means that her fetus is being protected from HER. The woman who is considered brain dead is being kept alive which means her fetus has rights.

Educate yourself miss nurse.

Location hidden

#320701 Jan 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Except when the first trimester is over, then the hypocrites come out of the woodwork to voice their opinion on what, when, why and how. They dont care about personal choices any longer. They agree with restricting her choices.
HARDLY fits the pro-choice title, hey Leesyboo? More like proabortion when THEY think its acceptable for her and then switches to anti-choice .
I have made my opinion on restrictions quite clear, as you know.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320702 Jan 15, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Our very own "Knit," at her best, wishing only the best for "Chicky" and family;
"Colorado 4 life wrote:
"I see you like to make fun of good and Holy men, demons do that. I bet the demons rape you front and south and up the mouth.Then go after your little sweeties."
Colorado 4 life wrote:
"Child rape comes from people who think they have to be liberated,people from the sixties, your type chicko. You want shocking posts? I bet you and your demons had their ways with your poor children. I would imagine your type would fiddle with the little girls and boys.I bet your friends had their way with your children and gerand children.
Hey how much of Satan's poop did you swallow? You make me sick and infuriated the Topix won't pull your posts."
While it may not constitute "wishing" rape per-say, "Knit's" strange obsession with demons, group-rape, children, and scatological scenarios is nothing if not cringe-worthy.
Yes, I asked, but didn't receive.

:( you disappointed me John. I thought for second there that you were seriously going to provide proof of this horrific accusation against knit.

Pack your bags. I'm done with you. Out you go ;)

Location hidden

#320703 Jan 15, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Colorado 4 life wrote:
Colorado 4 life wrote:
Yikes!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320704 Jan 15, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Meanwhile you fundies kiss each others asses every day on here...and refuse to speak out on each others insults, homophobic rhetoric, and just plan shitty behavior.
Here is nosy, unethical Sassy admitting that through the unethical actions of family members she has read other people's private medical records, and then tripping herself up in a lie by trying to then say the records she read were her own. Enjoy...
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>"Yet ANOTHER one who doesn't pay attention. LOL
Go reread my post dear,it cleary says that the info is about ME or my family when we are hospitalized. What am I doing? Invading my own privacy LOL?
Can you people EVER go solo and think for yourself or do you have to always follow the leader?
FOLLOWING THE LEADER THE LEADER THE LEADER FOLLOWING THE LEADER.........."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
So Sassy "clearly" states...."it cleary says that the info is about ME or my family when we are hospitalized."
Yet, prior to being called out on her "clearly" unethical behavior Sassy made no such distinction....
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> "I have read a few medical records. Why? Have you? Indeed I am a layperson,but I do have medical professionals in my family and a few of my friends(including NP,RN,MD,ND' and OT's). So....yeah,I have access to much info that I am not educated about. I happen to be very curious and do alot of reading.
But,that has nothing to do with your ignorance,now does it?"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...
Sassy admitted she was "curious...".
What kind of hideous person invades other people's privacy in this way? And every member of her family who is a medical professional and allowed nosy Sassy to read other people's records should have their license revoked!
Where was the fundie outrage about the gross invasion of privacy? And the consequent lying?
And where was the fundie outrage when YOU wrote sick fantasies about someone's grandchildren being raped by demons?
And where was the outrage when the fundie Seattle kept calling me a ""wh*re""?
And where is the fundie outrage when YOU shallowly make jokes about people being fat? Or insulting people's family members for being fat?
You disgusting, revolting, spineless hypocrites.
You love to embarrass yourself, dontcha?

Honey, you provided my own words, please read them. LOL If one is shown something by that person(or your own),then they are not invading privacy.

Pick yourself up and try again. Good luck!

Location hidden

#320705 Jan 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> A woman can't receive an elective abortion after first trimester which means that her fetus is being protected from HER. The woman who is considered brain dead is being kept alive which means her fetus has rights.
Educamte yourself miss nurse.
How many times have I written that I'm against restrictions on abortion? There's no point in you berating me for something with which I disagree. As for the woman who is kept alive to give birth, that is a decision left to her medical POA. Your snarkiness is unnecessary, but if it makes you happy, please, enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Jacques Ottawa 1,657,506
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 min Into The Night 11,903
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,089
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web