Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315212 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320665 Jan 15, 2014
I usually skirt right over irrelevancies. Doesn't matter if it's a virus, a tumor, an earwig, or a fetus, a woman doesn't have to sustain it against her will (although with viruses, the choice isn't always possible.)

Now apologize for being ignorant.
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
Just skirted right over that "viruses and parasites are not developing human lives" point, eh ?
Now apologize for your stupidity.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320666 Jan 15, 2014
The only people who attacked Rose were the anti-choicers.
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you props for apologizing to G71, but your reaction to his post was totally inappropriate. It seems to me you were just trying to look good in front of the other posters, at G71s expense. He's got a bullseye on his back on this thread anyway. You all have ran Rose off here for the most part, and I find that pathetic.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#320667 Jan 15, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Look you: you've got to be one of the most ignorant posters on this thread. So in your small mind you think in order to be worthy unto God he should out his self, really? If you knew anything about the God of the universe, you would know that no one is worthy. It is but by Gods grace through Jesus Christ that one can enter Heaven. Not by outing theirselves!!
You've got to understand in order to make sense one has to have sense, and you are in dire need. So why don't take your on advice. Out yourself and go be real.
No need to type something stupid back, because by the time I get back to this thread, this will already be buried. Besides it would be hard to beat the stupidity I'm replying to.
Spare us your unprovable, religious garbage.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#320668 Jan 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-choice side ran Rose off, not the pro-choice side. What's pathetic is that you had to lie about that.
I don't lie ma'am. I said you all ran her off, I don't read this thread so much that I know exactly who or why, I just know she don't post much anymore. If it was anti-choice folks, I'm sure that could happen, it don't matter why to me.

I just know she is a beautiful woman, and you all lost a good one. I don't know which of you believe in what except a few, so who caused her to leave is irrelevant to me.

I don't have a problem with none of you. I just hate to see G71 get treated in such a disrespectful way, because he has a pure heart, just as Rose does and sometimes people confuse that as weakness.

So don't eat me up too bad, because I really don't care, so don't waste your time. Use your hate to eat your own!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320669 Jan 15, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Look you: you've got to be one of the most ignorant posters on this thread. So in your small mind you think in order to be worthy unto God he should out his self, really?
Out himself as what? Human?
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about the God of the universe, you would know that no one is worthy. It is but by Gods grace through Jesus Christ that one can enter Heaven. Not by outing theirselves!!
If yours is truly the 'god of the universe' it would be worshipped universally.

It isn't.
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to understand in order to make sense one has to have sense, and you are in dire need. So why don't take your on advice. Out yourself and go be real.
Make some sense yourself....with me, what you see, is what you get,
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to type something stupid back, because by the time I get back to this thread, this will already be buried. Besides it would be hard to beat the stupidity I'm replying to.
Apparently, I'm typing TO something stupid. Bummer.

Next...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#320670 Jan 15, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you about what you did with your first pregnancy/child, I asked you what you WOULD do. Future hypothetical.
So again, is there something inherently objectionable to you about the procedure of abortion that it WOULD never be a considered option for you aside from those very specific circumstances you listed previously ? Say circumstances where you could not afford another child, were not prepared emotionally to raise it, not able physically to raise, and no longer excited about the prospect of raising a child.
Why does it matter how any one woman feels about abortion? The point behind being pro-choice is that abortion shall be one of the choices open to a pregnant woman. When or whether a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy isn't relevant to anyone but her.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320671 Jan 15, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lie ma'am. I said you all ran her off, I don't read this thread so much that I know exactly who or why, I just know she don't post much anymore. If it was anti-choice folks, I'm sure that could happen, it don't matter why to me.
I just know she is a beautiful woman, and you all lost a good one. I don't know which of you believe in what except a few, so who caused her to leave is irrelevant to me.
I don't have a problem with none of you. I just hate to see G71 get treated in such a disrespectful way, because he has a pure heart, just as Rose does and sometimes people confuse that as weakness.
So don't eat me up too bad, because I really don't care, so don't waste your time. Use your hate to eat your own!!
Why make such an accusation when you didn't know who had done what?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#320672 Jan 15, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
SPOONER ..my chivalrous,friend ...You were not able to get MESSAGING st the time ..so I COUKD not be specific on the board ..

Ok here's,the deal ...yes I think.I had argued as,much as,I COULD same ideas,and comments,with the,Pro Choicers here ...But most of them were very civil...And we,even had,some good times ...I made friends,here despite the fact we,disagree,about abortion.

What I got tired and sick of was a,couple ..especially one who o harassed..insulted and in general harassed me from the PRO LIFE side ...was the same as,years,ago .

And these,folks,were,very supportive to me!!!!!!

I hate,arguing both sides,....

Most folks here,...at least let you say your piece without in sluring Personally ....REALLY ..

I got tired of being in the middle ...And bringing discord here just aimed at me..though in year
Past it has been aimed at others ...

Now,lol ..these folks,owe me big time ...as,it ..sadly followed me to another thread ...so they have had, bit of peace from that source,....just kidding but it's,a fact ...

SO SORRY ALL ..I heard my friend Spooner was,being gallant here ...And misunderstood what I said,on an open board about me,leaving you guys,...

Take care,all ..God bless,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#320673 Jan 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why make such an accusation when you didn't know who had done what?
My fault bitner...I did not name,names,on the board I saw,Spooned on I'll message,him..
HAPPY NEW,YEAR,

hope your family had a,great holiday
Husker

Falls City, NE

#320674 Jan 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The only people who attacked Rose were the anti-choicers.
<quoted text>
We didn't agree with her because she would post to people who degraded Christ is a malicious way and would not correct them and say, hey watch it, Christ is my Saviour. yet she would correct us when we said she wasn't really pro life. She isn't , she is for pre marital sex and artificial birth control which do cause abortion. Another thing rose tells young teenagers to give in to your temptations, now a born again Christian would never say that.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#320675 Jan 15, 2014
Lol I really really think you know,who..misses,Foo ...I'm just a,shoddy replacement ..Lol

Anyone,hear from her,??? FOO I mean

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#320676 Jan 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
It doesn't say a thing about women needing to presume they have cancer.
<quoted text>
Uh oh I posted too soon .....on the thank.You part ..oh well

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320677 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My fault bitner...I did not name,names,on the board I saw,Spooned on I'll message,him..
HAPPY NEW,YEAR,
hope your family had a,great holiday
Happy New Year to you too :)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#320678 Jan 15, 2014
AND THE, LIES,AND,SLANDER continue,.....sigh

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#320679 Jan 15, 2014
Caiou..At least Spooned can see,for himself where it comes,from....as,no one else here does,that to me .

Peace folks,...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320680 Jan 15, 2014
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't kid yourself. as heartless, uncaring, compassionless and unflinchingly selfish as she is, she would still never leave a stranger's baby to die to save her beloved pet gerbil or her poodle. that kind of shit, like her dead babies pseudonym, are thrown out strictly to elicit a reaction and piss off those she consider to hold an opposing view to hers. when you react as you do....and as she intends, you play right into her old wrinkly, arthritic hands.
Looks like the people clicking up icons disagree with you. They think she would leave the child for the pet. I take her at her word.
E L Norton MD

New York, NY

#320681 Jan 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fascinating, since there is no EL Norton MD listed in any medical sourcebook. There was an Edward Norton, MD, but he's slightly dead and thus unlikely to be posting here.
What year at Oxford?
<quoted text>
You actually looked it up? As if I'd ever put my real name up on an Internet forum. Let me take a wild stab, had I agreed with her absurd story you would have never checked right ? You are as transparent as you are shallow. The fact is she said that her dr told her that the tumors were caused by her pregnancy. Since she aborted at 3 weeks there is positively NO WAY those tumors could have grown to the size that would make her appear 4-5 mos pregnant in that time frame. Utterly impossible. Her story is a complete fabrication.
By the way if you get a chance ( and it sounds like you're a guy with loads of free time) call Dr McKenna in the Oncology Dept at Oxford and just tell him 'E' said hi.
No Relativism

United States

#320682 Jan 15, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter how any one woman feels about abortion? The point behind being pro-choice is that abortion shall be one of the choices open to a pregnant woman. When or whether a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy isn't relevant to anyone but her.
Elise: "When or whether a woman chooses to abort a pregnancy isn't relevant to anyone but her"

What about the little human being in her womb? You know, the one who is KILLED if her mom chooses abortion?
No Relativism

United States

#320683 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPOONER ..my chivalrous,friend ...You were not able to get MESSAGING st the time ..so I COUKD not be specific on the board ..
Ok here's,the deal ...yes I think.I had argued as,much as,I COULD same ideas,and comments,with the,Pro Choicers here ...But most of them were very civil...And we,even had,some good times ...I made friends,here despite the fact we,disagree,about abortion.
What I got tired and sick of was a,couple ..especially one who o harassed..insulted and in general harassed me from the PRO LIFE side ...was the same as,years,ago .
And these,folks,were,very supportive to me!!!!!!
I hate,arguing both sides,....
Most folks here,...at least let you say your piece without in sluring Personally ....REALLY ..
I got tired of being in the middle ...And bringing discord here just aimed at me..though in year
Past it has been aimed at others ...
Now,lol ..these folks,owe me big time ...as,it ..sadly followed me to another thread ...so they have had, bit of peace from that source,....just kidding but it's,a fact ...
SO SORRY ALL ..I heard my friend Spooner was,being gallant here ...And misunderstood what I said,on an open board about me,leaving you guys,...
Take care,all ..God bless,
You were called out for being a hypocrite. Your tendency to be spineless was rooted in your incessant need for back pats ... even if it meant the fake adulations came from diehard proaborts.

You spent 90% of your time attacking prolifers. You PROMOTED premarital sex for teens.

You were an abject mess and the only individuals who miss you are your fake proabort friends. They are your "friends" because you effectively stood with them.

You completely lost sight of the little ones in the womb.

Good riddance.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#320684 Jan 15, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You were called out for being a hypocrite. Your tendency to be spineless was rooted in your incessant need for back pats ... even if it meant the fake adulations came from diehard proaborts.
You spent 90% of your time attacking prolifers. You PROMOTED premarital sex for teens.
You were an abject mess and the only individuals who miss you are your fake proabort friends. They are your "friends" because you effectively stood with them.
You completely lost sight of the little ones in the womb.
Good riddance.
Hi NR, Hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year! You are right on the mark, you should read what she posts on the Catholic forum. Yes, she is a hypocrite. She denied that she didn't stand up to foo who made disgusting remarks about Christ. I pulled up some old posts of hers. She is an air head and continually brings up the same subject over and over again. She also has a friend called Seraphina and both try to get certain people banned by playing a game to get Catholics very upset that they get very angry. Several post about this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Cheech the Conser... 1,564,124
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 11,290
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr John 258,471
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web