Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 319969 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320523 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just makeup your own scenarios don't you? Show me where I stated that I had tumors prior to the pregnancy? The pregnancy was the cause of the tumors ya idiot. I was starting menopause at the time and we were using a form of BC. I aborted at 3 weeks and at 3 weeks looked 4-5 months preggers. I chose not to go forward all things considered. My husband agreed. Too bad for you, you did not get a say, the decision was mine. Poor you.
You were 3 weeks pregnant when you aborted,.......and these tumors suddenly appeared and grew so huge at that point that you looked 4-5 months pregnant.

Then you went back to normal.

Mhm
Gtown71

United States

#320524 Jan 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you trying to convince.....me...? or you?
Neither.
To the non believer - No amount of evidence is enough.
To the believer - No amount of evidence is needed.
Gtown71

United States

#320525 Jan 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you trying to convince.....me...? or you?
Neither.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320526 Jan 12, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Milady "Moon."
You need never thank me for that sort of thing--in fact, I probably ought to offer an apology to "G" for pouncing on his post the way I did; I feared you were being set-up for what I tend to think of as a "Doc" scenario.
We're all, by now, familiar with these. They involve asking a question from which the one asking the question wishes to receive a specifically intended answer in order to confirm the questioner's previously held opinion. "Bitner," and "Katie," are the current recipients of such forms of interrogation that are disguised as a dialogue but are really meant to badger, harass, cajole, or otherwise manipulate the poster they're aimed at. I should have had a little more faith in "G," and figured that he probably would not do that sort of thing to you. As it stands, though "Doc" hasn't been around in quite awhile, it seems there are now several posters who've adopted that tactic.
Now, that said, I'm a person who's firmly of the belief that if a woman chooses to have a child, it's none of my business. Likewise, if a woman chooses to have an abortion--for any reason whatsoever--it's none of my business. I am one of those people who's wary of granting "rights" to the "unborn" because I worry about where we're going to draw the proverbial "line." We've already seen scenarios where politicians are attempting to grant "person-hood" status to fertilized eggs. Are frozen IVF embryos "people?"
The one thing I truly dislike about many of the P-L crowd is that whenever they're given an inch, they're still annoyed because they weren't given a mile. Kinda like the current "Tea-Party" crowd.
Looking back at my post all I can think is, "Good Grief!" What a grammatical nightmare!
Going comma crazy, misplaced dashes, and misusing "preformed," for "performed."
For heaven's sake "John," don't imbibe in the Chianti before posting on Topix.
;P
"""I'm a person who's firmly of the belief that if a woman chooses to have a child, its none of my business""" "

Yet you agree with restricting a womans choice as per RvW states.

Oh John, you disappointment yourself and your kind when you freely admit this contradiction.

But enough with that,...how the heck are ya?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#320527 Jan 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You were 3 weeks pregnant when you aborted,.......and these tumors suddenly appeared and grew so huge at that point that you looked 4-5 months pregnant.
Mhm
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in my 40's, 42 to be exact 3 weeks pregnant and I looked 4-5 months due to tumors. My first pregnancy was difficult and I have to have a c-section. My first pregnancy was lucky to turn out well as I developed Polyhydramnios And yes that is correct my health and welfare. I am sure you are better equipped to have made a decision for us

And they were able to diagnose her at just three weeks of pregnancy! Some 25 years or so years ago, cause she's been married for 40 ((shiver for husband))

You know, we should be grateful, without her pregnancy to clue her in that something was wrong, those tumors might have gone another WHOLE WEEK without diagnosis. All this at three weeks? So, right at diagnosis, they had a table waiting for her with a Doctor, ready to give her her LIFE saving abortion. 3 weeks, huh? Ya right!
The tumors just grew at an exponential rate. Good thing they got her in there just in time otherwise she would have blown up just like Violet Beauregard from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (and it happened to her almost as fast)

I know, right?

(should have just waited so they could pop her like a balloon)

Me thinks she's full of sh*t. Can you imagine popping her then?? Ewwwwwwww

Grrrrrrrrr Morgue 9 GRRRRRRRR ROAR!

Say hi to your "I have no control over anything, I'm pussy whipped, I never call any shots, the penis I did have shrunk 40 years ago, husband!

Now call me a "fckn bitch" again, I love it!

Location hidden

#320528 Jan 12, 2014
umpa lumpa Morgue 9! hahahahhaahaah

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#320529 Jan 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You were 3 weeks pregnant when you aborted,.......and these tumors suddenly appeared and grew so huge at that point that you looked 4-5 months pregnant.
Mhm
That is correct. I had a 3 week checkup and a 3 month. Tumors gone.

Location hidden

#320530 Jan 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
Mhm
I'd be interested into knowing what kind of tumors she had, but doubt she'll say. It would be quite embarrassing I'm sure...... whatever...

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320531 Jan 12, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in my 40's, 42 to be exact 3 weeks pregnant and I looked 4-5 months due to tumors. My first pregnancy was difficult and I have to have a c-section. My first pregnancy was lucky to turn out well as I developed Polyhydramnios And yes that is correct my health and welfare. I am sure you are better equipped to have made a decision for us
You know, we should be grateful, without her pregnancy to clue her in that something was wrong, those tumors might have gone another WHOLE WEEK without diagnosis. All this at three weeks? So, right at diagnosis, they had a table waiting for her with a Doctor, ready to give her her LIFE saving abortion. 3 weeks, huh? Ya right!
The tumors just grew at an exponential rate. Good thing they got her in there just in time otherwise she would have blown up just like Violet Beauregard from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (and it happened to her almost as fast)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z4_cf_fZDc0XX
I know, right?
(should have just waited so they could pop her like a balloon)
Me thinks she's full of sh*t. Can you imagine popping her then?? Ewwwwwwww
Grrrrrrrrr Morgue 9 GRRRRRRRR ROAR!
Say hi to your "I have no control over anything, I'm pussy whipped, I never call any shots, the penis I did have shrunk 40 years ago, husband!
Now call me a "fckn bitch" again, I love it!
Since you claim to be pro choice why does it bother you? Phony much? How many names do you post under? You are not fooling me at all. You certainly seem to want my attention.

At least try to get your info correct, I said:
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess again. I have been married pushing 40 years, Got anymore childish advice?
You certainly use the "roar" comment like another poster on here. I think a better name for you would be dickhead. You think you are clever...but you are not, just childish.

Location hidden

#320532 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim to be pro choice why does it bother you? Phony much? How many names do you post under? You are not fooling me at all. You certainly seem to want my attention.
At least try to get your info correct, I said:
<quoted text>
You certainly use the "roar" comment like another poster on here. I think a better name for you would be dickhead. You think you are clever...but you are not, just childish.
I'm not the one being phony, you are.

Grasp at those straws as to my posting under so many names..... it was because I've been banned! I know, right? I'm just as surprised as you are by that...((snicker))

As far as being married for pushing 40 years, I got that, which is why I assumed because your abortion was in your 40's (42?) I assumed that you had been already married for x number of years. I admit, math isn't my strong suit, but OMG it certainly isn't yours. Get your lies straight.

If my calculations are even a little bit correct, I'm assuming you to be in your mid 60's if not older. Going on the average age of 25 when you got married. In your 40's when you had the abortion, making you married just under 20 years at the time (approx). making the abortion around 20 years ago (maybe more,,,, 25?) Going on the age you got married, you could have been 35 for all I know. 30? 20? 18?

I use 'roar' a lot, and always have. If someone else uses that term, okay. It's not new!
Remember, I am woman hear me roar.
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>I think a better name for you would be dickhead.
There you are, obsessed with the dick again! I'm sorry your husband doesn't have one, and I know you know about plastic 'toys', you've stated so. But please, try not to let your obsession get the best of you to where you're seeing dicks all the time. and wishing everyone had one ..... on their head(to increase your chances).

Umpa lumpa..... Grrrrrrrr ,,, grrrr morgue 9, you go girl! GRRRRRRR

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320533 Jan 12, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one being phony, you are.
Grasp at those straws as to my posting under so many names..... it was because I've been banned! I know, right? I'm just as surprised as you are by that...((snicker))
As far as being married for pushing 40 years, I got that, which is why I assumed because your abortion was in your 40's (42?) I assumed that you had been already married for x number of years. I admit, math isn't my strong suit, but OMG it certainly isn't yours. Get your lies straight.
If my calculations are even a little bit correct, I'm assuming you to be in your mid 60's if not older. Going on the average age of 25 when you got married. In your 40's when you had the abortion, making you married just under 20 years at the time (approx). making the abortion around 20 years ago (maybe more,,,, 25?) Going on the age you got married, you could have been 35 for all I know. 30? 20? 18?
I use 'roar' a lot, and always have. If someone else uses that term, okay. It's not new!
Remember, I am woman hear me roar.
<quoted text> There you are, obsessed with the dick again! I'm sorry your husband doesn't have one, and I know you know about plastic 'toys', you've stated so. But please, try not to let your obsession get the best of you to where you're seeing dicks all the time. and wishing everyone had one ..... on their head(to increase your chances).
Umpa lumpa..... Grrrrrrrr ,,, grrrr morgue 9, you go girl! GRRRRRRR
Sorry, I tell the truth, you don't and you are a phony.

Your guesses are ALL wrong, how embarrassing for you.(((snicker))) Why does it bother you so much since you "claim" to be pro choice?(((snicker)))(((snicker ))) You seem obsessed with my husbands dick (((snicker)))
The only one obsessed with a dick is you, whether you are female and not getting laid or a poorly endowed male. Take your pick phony ((snicker)). You certainly want my attention, just to clear matters up I am not interested in you. Never have been and never will be, buy a clue.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320534 Jan 12, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be interested into knowing what kind of tumors she had, but doubt she'll say. It would be quite embarrassing I'm sure...... whatever...
Of course you would as you are dying for my attention.The doctor that did the abortion just said I was loaded with tumors and he suspected that the pregnancy was the cause since I had no history of tumors. Possibly some sort of Fibroid tumors. Since you claim to be a woman you should have been able to figure that out. Why would I be embarrassed? And why, since you claim to be pro choice are you SO concerned and so annoyed and fixated on my abortion?

Location hidden

#320535 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would as you are dying for my attention.The doctor that did the abortion just said I was loaded with tumors and he suspected that the pregnancy was the cause since I had no history of tumors. Possibly some sort of Fibroid tumors. Since you claim to be a woman you should have been able to figure that out. Why would I be embarrassed? And why, since you claim to be pro choice are you SO concerned and so annoyed and fixated on my abortion?
Possibly some sort of Fibroid tumors? Your Doctor DOESN'T know, only suspected. Really? I know your health care is somewhat different than ours, but whoa.

I claim to be a woman? Is that what you got? I claim to be a woman, and because I'm a woman, I should have been able to figure that out? Fibroid tumors? Your Doc only SUSPECTED that, and yet I'm supposed to have that figured out?((snicker))

Grrrrr Morgue,,, you go umpa lumpa!

Location hidden

#320536 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I tell the truth, you don't and you are a phony.
Your guesses are ALL wrong, how embarrassing for you.(((snicker))) Why does it bother you so much since you "claim" to be pro choice?(((snicker)))(((snicker ))) You seem obsessed with my husbands dick (((snicker)))
The only one obsessed with a dick is you, whether you are female and not getting laid or a poorly endowed male. Take your pick phony ((snicker)). You certainly want my attention, just to clear matters up I am not interested in you. Never have been and never will be, buy a clue.
You have to say I'm a phony, of course you do, I don't blame you either, grasp at those straws umpa! How can I be obsessed with your husband's dick? It doesn't even exist, and I have no faith in that it does. You robbed that from him AGES ago!

And ahhh, you're breaking my heart in that I have zero chance into those 'pants' of yours! I shall cry myself to sleep dreaming.....((snicker))

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320537 Jan 12, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly some sort of Fibroid tumors? Your Doctor DOESN'T know, only suspected. Really? I know your health care is somewhat different than ours, but whoa.
I claim to be a woman? Is that what you got? I claim to be a woman, and because I'm a woman, I should have been able to figure that out? Fibroid tumors? Your Doc only SUSPECTED that, and yet I'm supposed to have that figured out?((snicker))
The doctor never said what type of tumor, I had 2 checkups and the tumors were gone so he was right the pregnancy was the cause of the tumors. "I" suspect fibroid type tumors, not the doctor. NOW AGAIN why are you so obsessed with my abortion and my decision since you "claim" to be pro choice? You are avoiding an answer, why?

Continue to embarrass yourself. You are quite good at it.(((snicker)))(((snicker)))

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320538 Jan 12, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>You have to say I'm a phony, of course you do, I don't blame you either, grasp at those straws umpa! How can I be obsessed with your husband's dick? It doesn't even exist, and I have no faith in that it does. You robbed that from him AGES ago!
And ahhh, you're breaking my heart in that I have zero chance into those 'pants' of yours! I shall cry myself to sleep dreaming.....((snicker))
You are a phony. There is no doubt. You are quite intimidated by strong women, must be your own weakness. All your claims about my husband add up to nothing more than an anti choice weak woman or man who is intimidated.

So now, explain why you are going ballistic because I had an abortion, made a decision and my husband agreed and stood by me, which in your eyes makes him pussy whipped and dickless? You are showing your double wide dear.
VoteVets Org

New York, NY

#320539 Jan 12, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly some sort of Fibroid tumors? Your Doctor DOESN'T know, only suspected. Really? I know your health care is somewhat different than ours, but whoa.
You are nailing that old fart's ass to the wall. Great to watch. Keep up the good work.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320540 Jan 12, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Milady "Moon."
You need never thank me for that sort of thing--in fact, I probably ought to offer an apology to "G" for pouncing on his post the way I did; I feared you were being set-up for what I tend to think of as a "Doc" scenario.
We're all, by now, familiar with these. They involve asking a question from which the one asking the question wishes to receive a specifically intended answer in order to confirm the questioner's previously held opinion. "Bitner," and "Katie," are the current recipients of such forms of interrogation that are disguised as a dialogue but are really meant to badger, harass, cajole, or otherwise manipulate the poster they're aimed at. I should have had a little more faith in "G," and figured that he probably would not do that sort of thing to you. As it stands, though "Doc" hasn't been around in quite awhile, it seems there are now several posters who've adopted that tactic.
Now, that said, I'm a person who's firmly of the belief that if a woman chooses to have a child, it's none of my business. Likewise, if a woman chooses to have an abortion--for any reason whatsoever--it's none of my business. I am one of those people who's wary of granting "rights" to the "unborn" because I worry about where we're going to draw the proverbial "line." We've already seen scenarios where politicians are attempting to grant "person-hood" status to fertilized eggs. Are frozen IVF embryos "people?"
The one thing I truly dislike about many of the P-L crowd is that whenever they're given an inch, they're still annoyed because they weren't given a mile. Kinda like the current "Tea-Party" crowd.
Looking back at my post all I can think is, "Good Grief!" What a grammatical nightmare!
Going comma crazy, misplaced dashes, and misusing "preformed," for "performed."
For heaven's sake "John," don't imbibe in the Chianti before posting on Topix.
;P
I understand exactly what you are describing. Though G's question was...crude, I did not detect that sort of game-playing manipulation. And yes, what the Lifers do not understand is that after they usurp another's rights the very same thing could happen to them. There has to be a line drawn in the sand. We cannot expect women to become second-class citizens to embryos.

Have a Chianti for me my friend.

Location hidden

#320541 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctor never said what type of tumor,
No, huh? He didn't, did he. Didn't care to even take a guess or perhaps a biopsy,,, because you were like FULL of em! BUT I'm supposed to know that's what it was because I'm a woman.
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text> I had 2 checkups and the tumors were gone so he was right the pregnancy was the cause of the tumors.
The Doc didn't know what type of tumors they were, yet he was right in that the pregnancy caused them? Really? How can you determine if he was right in that the pregnancy caused them if he didn't even know what type of tumors they were? He said the pregnancy caused them, and that was it? Because they were gone? He took your suspicions of fibroids, and agreed with you? But wait, if he even agreed with you, you would have stated that the Doc thought they were fibroid tumors, but he didn't, only YOU suspected that. Hmmmmmm The Doc didn't say anything except the pregnancy caused the tumors (not knowing the type of tumors they were, only you, and apparently I should have known, cause I'm a woman and all)
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text> "I" suspect fibroid type tumors, not the doctor.
Oh,,, it's becoming clear. This was YOUR pregnancy, your tumors, and you YOU suspected them to be fibroid type tumors, not the Doc, but because I'm a woman, I should have known that.... okay, I see.... go on.
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>NOW AGAIN why are you so obsessed with my abortion and my decision since you "claim" to be pro choice? You are avoiding an answer, why?
I'm not obsessed, and I don't care about it. What I don't like is the type of person you are, plain and simple. Can't deal with that? Thought you didn't care... just ignore me... Stroll and scroll umpa lumpa!
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>Continue to embarrass yourself. You are quite good at it.(((snicker)))(((snicker)))
So while we are in the land of Unicorns, and flying fairies, and dick lollipops, maybe you would like to tell us exactly how you were able to perform your own abortion, diagnose yourself, and everyone else here, and still be able to claim that I'm embarrassing myself?

((snicker)),,, wait, this is no longer a snicker scenario, this is a complete break down laughing fit. You go Umpa, keep THRILLING yourself. You're freakin special!

Location hidden

#320542 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a phony. There is no doubt. You are quite intimidated by strong women, must be your own weakness. All your claims about my husband add up to nothing more than an anti choice weak woman or man who is intimidated.
BHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG OMG OMG

All I can say is I am so thankful in that I'm in shape. And even though I am in shape, my stomach still hurts because of all the laughing I'm doing at YOU. Thank you Morgue 9, I can skip the gym tomorrow, and just read some of your posts.

(I swear, this is the equivalency to a 1000 sit ups)

I hope I have the strength to do my roars tomorrow! Grrrrrrr grrrrrrr

Thanks Umpa Lumpa, this new exercise routine you've helped me develop will THRILL me for sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min JCPete 1,641,470
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Not who you think 34,816
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat Star1 11,800
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web