Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313989 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320501 Jan 12, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Although my hearts motive was ok, and I did have a personal reason for asking I still see your point and will accept what you say as truth. I respect your opinion on thr matter and will ask moon to forgive me for asking the questions. I tend to come across in a diffferent way then what my hearts desire truly is , in many post. Then there are times I am just being a sarcastic ass which also is against my true hearts desire. So John thank you and. Please forgive my ?##!@? Whatever it is.
Look you: If your 'true heart's desire' is to be worthy of the love of your deity, it says a lot that you wish to remain anonymous.

If you were REALLY saved, you would be out in the world as yourself, rather than hiding behind the anonymity of an internet forum....aren't you proud to be such an exemplary Christain? Go be real.

Next...
Gtown71

United States

#320502 Jan 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Look you: If your 'true heart's desire' is to be worthy of the love of your deity, it says a lot that you wish to remain anonymous.
If you were REALLY saved, you would be out in the world as yourself, rather than hiding behind the anonymity of an internet forum....aren't you proud to be such an exemplary Christain? Go be real.
Next...
In the "world" I am myself. I am known as I'm known. I don't post my real name or address for the same reason you prob.don't. I am REALLY saved. One either is or they either isnt.:)

My desire is to tell others God is real, not to tell them how to be baptist, catholic, or a morman.

I "on my own and in my flesh" will never be worthy of God's Love. That is the whole point behind grace.

Now again my hearts desire is to simply tell others about a guy who for years thought there was no God. How I thought life was a bitch then you die. How just about every single thought those who don't believe now have, I had. I would say what a cruel God. If you make all the right choices and live a good enough life you just might make it to heaven, but if not you go to hell. Well I knew I was not good at being good.

I have since learned that no one is.

The angels look down upon us and marvel. Why would God love us???

Yet He does.

Although there are countless choices we can make in our life, that either makes us better or worse, there is only one choice we can make, that determines what happens to our soul at the death of our physical bodies.

Oh, and I to used to think I knew what people should do or say if they were REALLY saved.

Perhaps you would like to read about King David "a man after God's own heart", and what choices he made.

I like many get sidetracked on topics such as abortion.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320503 Jan 12, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lady, may I ask if you ever wished you would have aborted?
Have you ever wondered what if?
Hope all is well :)
No, I never wished I had aborted. Many of the things I've done in life were because of my kids, and they were good experiences and are good memories. My first college degree was an Associate's from a local community college and my oldest daughter was in the audience to watch me walk across the stage. She was 5 at the time. Both kids were around when I earned my BS.

Most of our trips and vacations meant more because of my kids. I enjoyed the years of cheering at softball games, and before that was the "Little Dribblers" basketball programs on Saturday mornings. Christmas was all about the kids...etc.

I think every parent has had moments when they wonder what their lives would have been if they'd never had kids. I would've been a famous FBI profiler with an ultra-exciting life like on Criminal Minds...lol!

I think we all somehow end up where we were supposed to be anyway. I live a nice, peaceful life of anonymity and modest means, and now I cheer on my kids in a different way. it's time for them to chase excitement and think about changing the world, and for them to forge their own path.

All is well here, thank you. I hope all is well with you, too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320504 Jan 12, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend "GTown," I fear you're laboring under the delusion that the majority of abortions are preformed because the "pregnancy" is simply an inconvenience.
Nobody "really" knows why a woman chooses to have an abortion and, honestly, it's really none of our business one way or another...
That said, your question to "Moon," was inappropriate, inadvisable, and, utterly manipulative.
"Moon" has, on more than one occasion, proven herself to be your friend--do not betray her trust by putting her in this sort of a situation.
Thank you, my friend! I was a bit shocked by the bluntness of the question, but found I was able to answer him anyway.

Thinking about aborting, and at some point thinking what our lives would've been like without having kids is really two very different things. I truly think every parent, at one time or another, has thought about what life would've been like if they had stayed free and childless (and maybe single) forever. It doesn't make one a bad person.

My mother had wanted to be a physical therapist but got married, had kids and became a secretary ( she was a secretary first of course) because that's how it was done in those days. I'm sure she had many wistful moments thinking about what might've been, but in the end I don't think she would've changed a thing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320505 Jan 12, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Although my hearts motive was ok, and I did have a personal reason for asking I still see your point and will accept what you say as truth. I respect your opinion on thr matter and will ask moon to forgive me for asking the questions. I tend to come across in a diffferent way then what my hearts desire truly is , in many post. Then there are times I am just being a sarcastic ass which also is against my true hearts desire. So John thank you and. Please forgive my ?##!@? Whatever it is.
I had thought that you were actually interested in if I had ever wondered what my life would've been like if I didn't have kids, not specifically did I ever "wish" I had aborted. Clearly you worded your question poorly, but I think I got what you meant.
Gtown71

United States

#320506 Jan 12, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had thought that you were actually interested in if I had ever wondered what my life would've been like if I didn't have kids, not specifically did I ever "wish" I had aborted. Clearly you worded your question poorly, but I think I got what you meant.
Thank you, and as you know wording is not my strong suit.
Hope your day goes well :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320508 Jan 12, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no better than those you condemn and judge, kitty-killer
She still thinks animals are decorations for her human life. And given the choice between saving a complete stranger and a beloved member of my family, she believes I should choose the stranger, solely because we're of the same species...Weird.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320509 Jan 12, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the "world" I am myself. I am known as I'm known. I don't post my real name or address for the same reason you prob.don't. I am REALLY saved. One either is or they either isnt.:)
My desire is to tell others God is real, not to tell them how to be baptist, catholic, or a morman.
I "on my own and in my flesh" will never be worthy of God's Love. That is the whole point behind grace.
Now again my hearts desire is to simply tell others about a guy who for years thought there was no God. How I thought life was a bitch then you die. How just about every single thought those who don't believe now have, I had. I would say what a cruel God. If you make all the right choices and live a good enough life you just might make it to heaven, but if not you go to hell. Well I knew I was not good at being good.
I have since learned that no one is.
The angels look down upon us and marvel. Why would God love us???
Yet He does.
Although there are countless choices we can make in our life, that either makes us better or worse, there is only one choice we can make, that determines what happens to our soul at the death of our physical bodies.
Oh, and I to used to think I knew what people should do or say if they were REALLY saved.
Perhaps you would like to read about King David "a man after God's own heart", and what choices he made.
I like many get sidetracked on topics such as abortion.
Who are you trying to convince.....me...? or you?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#320510 Jan 12, 2014
Wang Dong wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your posts I feel sorry for the guy. Does he still have his thing. You sound like one emasculating biach. You are one angry broad, Holey Christ woman do you kiss the kids you let live with that mouth.
You are sadly delusional if you think I care what you think.

Does he still have his "thing"? Your interest indicates you are in need of one. Perhaps you should stop at a retailer and purchase your missing thing?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#320511 Jan 12, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, my friend! I was a bit shocked by the bluntness of the question, but found I was able to answer him anyway.
Thinking about aborting, and at some point thinking what our lives would've been like without having kids is really two very different things. I truly think every parent, at one time or another, has thought about what life would've been like if they had stayed free and childless (and maybe single) forever. It doesn't make one a bad person.
My mother had wanted to be a physical therapist but got married, had kids and became a secretary ( she was a secretary first of course) because that's how it was done in those days. I'm sure she had many wistful moments thinking about what might've been, but in the end I don't think she would've changed a thing.
Good morning Milady "Moon."
You need never thank me for that sort of thing--in fact, I probably ought to offer an apology to "G" for pouncing on his post the way I did; I feared you were being set-up for what I tend to think of as a "Doc" scenario.
We're all, by now, familiar with these. They involve asking a question from which the one asking the question wishes to receive a specifically intended answer in order to confirm the questioner's previously held opinion. "Bitner," and "Katie," are the current recipients of such forms of interrogation that are disguised as a dialogue but are really meant to badger, harass, cajole, or otherwise manipulate the poster they're aimed at. I should have had a little more faith in "G," and figured that he probably would not do that sort of thing to you. As it stands, though "Doc" hasn't been around in quite awhile, it seems there are now several posters who've adopted that tactic.
Now, that said, I'm a person who's firmly of the belief that if a woman chooses to have a child, it's none of my business. Likewise, if a woman chooses to have an abortion--for any reason whatsoever--it's none of my business. I am one of those people who's wary of granting "rights" to the "unborn" because I worry about where we're going to draw the proverbial "line." We've already seen scenarios where politicians are attempting to grant "person-hood" status to fertilized eggs. Are frozen IVF embryos "people?"
The one thing I truly dislike about many of the P-L crowd is that whenever they're given an inch, they're still annoyed because they weren't given a mile. Kinda like the current "Tea-Party" crowd.
Looking back at my post all I can think is, "Good Grief!" What a grammatical nightmare!
Going comma crazy, misplaced dashes, and misusing "preformed," for "performed."
For heaven's sake "John," don't imbibe in the Chianti before posting on Topix.

;P

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320512 Jan 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> IF your husband was "concerned" about you, he'd have keep his selfish desires in check while you were fertile. But noooooooooo, why should he, right? He cared about *you* so much that he made YOU go through an abortion @@.
My husband loves me enough to respect me, putting his desires last. He would never have his wife go through a risky procedure that kills his child. We have children but when I couldn't get pregnant, he used his brain and avoided sex.
You poor confused woman.
Ahh, my husband did not make me do anything....that would be your husband and boss. The final decision was MINE. Learn to read and comprehend. Your husband would demand that you carry HIS kid if it was detrimental to your health and well being. Sorry sister, that does not sound like anyone who would love anyone. As I understand you would rather your daughter die than have a life saving abortion? That explains your concept of love on many levels. It doesn't exist. You are a control freak living with another control freak. Poor you.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320513 Jan 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Katie is two-faced. In one breath she claims that no woman should be forced to gestate an unwanted pregnancy and it is nobody's business but hers..., then turns around and agrees with restricting that womans choices, Now if you want to buy into that bullsh*t, go for it. Not me! I embrace honest conversation but have zero patience for double talkers.
Why wouldn't katie be okay with this woman making a choice to killl her unwanted child(all of a sudden)?
Katie agreeing with RvW is justified. RvW is just and reasonable law. You on the other hand could not care less about the woman/girl. You don't believe in abortion for any reason including the life of the mother. You are the two faced one, you are not pro life you are anti woman and anti choice, and a fetus worshipper. Most sane people do not buy into religious fanatic bullshit and that is a problem for YOU.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#320514 Jan 12, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
You're back to dancing.
You said you agreed with RvW restrictions did you not ? RvW allows restrictions post viability UNLESS there is a certifiable health/life threat to the mother. So you agree with denying a woman an abortion post viability and forcing her to gestate unless there is a health or life threat.
You agree with her right to an abortion as long as it is under the circumstances YOU agree with, that is, it must be pre-viability and if it is not, then it must be ONLY in cases of maternal health /life threat.
Nosy parker.
So it goes back to viability (which I posted some time back).
Those who argue that viability starts at birth therefor abortion is never restricted prior to birth.
Those who argue that viability starts with a fertilized egg say that's when restrictions start.
I don't see any of your post arguing with anti-choicers..
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320515 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie agreeing with RvW is justified. RvW is just and reasonable law. You on the other hand could not care less about the woman/girl. You don't believe in abortion for any reason including the life of the mother. You are the two faced one, you are not pro life you are anti woman and anti choice, and a fetus worshipper. Most sane people do not buy into religious fanatic bullshit and that is a problem for YOU.
Katie agreeing with RvW makes her anti-choice, not pro-choice.You people make yourselves look foolish when you claim that you support a woman having total control over her body and pregnancy (nobody's business bur hers),then admit that you agree with a law which rrstricts her so called rights and choices.

You proaborts are not very bright if you think you sound anything but ridiculous.

I am 100% anti-choice to kill preborn humans while you and katie are 1/3 pro-abortion and 2/3 anti-choice. Now go do-si-do your proabort dance partner around it.
Black truth

United States

#320516 Jan 12, 2014
The jews gAve the world abortion to exterminate the black race!
Black truth

United States

#320517 Jan 12, 2014
The black christians are the real gods chosen people!!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320518 Jan 12, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, my husband did not make me do anything....that would be your husband and boss. The final decision was MINE. Learn to read and comprehend. Your husband would demand that you carry HIS kid if it was detrimental to your health and well being. Sorry sister, that does not sound like anyone who would love anyone. As I understand you would rather your daughter die than have a life saving abortion? That explains your concept of love on many levels. It doesn't exist. You are a control freak living with another control freak. Poor you.
You dodged what I said to you about your husband avoiding sex with you when fertile to avoid putting you at risk for getting pregnant while having tumors where you said you looked 4 months pregnant.
Black truth

United States

#320519 Jan 12, 2014
White people should abort their race into oblivion!

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320520 Jan 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You dodged what I said to you about your husband avoiding sex with you when fertile to avoid putting you at risk for getting pregnant while having tumors where you said you looked 4 months pregnant.
You just makeup your own scenarios don't you? Show me where I stated that I had tumors prior to the pregnancy? The pregnancy was the cause of the tumors ya idiot. I was starting menopause at the time and we were using a form of BC. I aborted at 3 weeks and at 3 weeks looked 4-5 months preggers. I chose not to go forward all things considered. My husband agreed. Too bad for you, you did not get a say, the decision was mine. Poor you.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#320521 Jan 12, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, and as you know wording is not my strong suit.
Hope your day goes well :)
"Gtown," My apologies for coming down as hard on you as I did earlier with regard to your query to "Moon."
It's unfortunately become commonplace on this thread for seemingly innocuous questions to actually harbor ulterior motives. Your questions to "Moon" aroused my suspicions.
Clearly, as your later posts have shown, you had no such intention.

Once again, I offer my apologies for suspecting you of such.

Best,

JK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Susanm 1,523,463
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr El Phartss 32,922
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar '17 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web