Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311863 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Renton, WA

#320416 Jan 10, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It seems fairly obvious to me that most of the so-called 'pro-life' people here are anything BUT pro-life. They're pro-fetus, and pro-birth, and pro-their-own-choices, but they couldn't possibly care any less about the life of the born child. Oh no - that's the parents' problem, and they shouldn't have been having sex if they didn't want babies....
And the sad thing is, they don't even see the hypocrisy: they think they're exhibiting MORALITY of all things....personally, I think they should have coat hangers tattooed across their smug, complacent, and interfering faces.....
A quick way to combat that and spoonfeed them some logic is for you and me to go undercover, write for those online rags they follow, and inject some real common sense into their thinking. That'll get 'em! Pretty soon they'll be waking up from their foggy dreams of trying to steal women's civil rights and realize what dumbasses they've been the whole time. They might even realize how easily led and manipulated they've allowed themselves to be -- and all at the expense of women everywhere.

(definitely tongue in cheek NAP)
katie

Renton, WA

#320417 Jan 10, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, I mentioned this before, I believe their reason for not caring about the baby after it's born, is because they are born with the same rights as we are, and if they are hurt, charges are laid. so there is no point fighting for rights when birth gives them rights. It's before they care, because they have no rights before, and that's what they're fighting for.
If I could take back time, I would try my best to convince baby Brianna's mom to abort. Heck, I would like to knock her the f*ck out and perform it myself.
Please don't look up that case if you're not already aware of it. You can't unsee/unknow what you learn, and it's a life changer. It's extremely upsetting, and you just walk away with complete rage at these people. Hate in it's worse form. So again, if you're not aware of it, please stay unaware of it.
You remember last night I mentioned an oven, microwave, and boiling water? Yeah... all real cases from around here. Some women should never ever be parents. Ever. jmo
worships reality

AOL

#320418 Jan 10, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A quick way to combat that and spoonfeed them some logic is for you and me to go undercover, write for those online rags they follow, and inject some real common sense into their thinking. That'll get 'em! Pretty soon they'll be waking up from their foggy dreams of trying to steal women's civil rights and realize what dumbasses they've been the whole time. They might even realize how easily led and manipulated they've allowed themselves to be -- and all at the expense of women everywhere.
(definitely tongue in cheek NAP)
yeah, that would work. frick and frack. the selfish, heartless old bag who'd run over her own grandmother in her vespa in the interest of preserving her sacred right to privacy. and you, who wouldn't know logic if it bit you in the ass and who couldn't spell 'cat' if you were spotted the 'c' and the 'a'. nope, they'd never spot you two.
worships reality

AOL

#320419 Jan 10, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my point was that most abortions occur during the earlier stages.
who cares ? that was not the point of what was being discussed at all. the point was the definition of abortion includes the death of the entity being gestated and is not defined "only" as the termination of pregnancy. she found an accepted definition that included the death of the life being getstated and you accused her of embellishing because she called it a fetus when the definition called it an embryo/zygote. as if it made any difference. her point was that the definition was more than just 'termination of pregnancy'. the definition also included the death of the life being gestated, regardless of what it was called.
worships reality

AOL

#320420 Jan 10, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to talk about thick? I have said this dozens of times so pay attention...
Everything...In...Our...Societ y....Comes.....With....Some... .Kind....Of.....Restrictions.. ...I....Understand.....That... .Fact.
no brainless, thick is repeating something dozens of times even after it's been addressed dozens of times.
rights come with restrictions for a "reason" thick one. they are restricted because free exercise of such rights "without" restriction could adveresely impact the rights of others which is why the right of freedom of speech is restricted and you do not have the right to scream fire in a crowded theatre.
now once again, try answering the question without deflecting to something totally irrelevant. if you support the right to abortion based on the premise that it is the woman's body and hers alone and that the fetus has "zero" rights, then just what about that premise changes in the third trimester ? explain again why there should be any window at all within which a woman can make her own decision about her own body, affecting aan entity which has no rights at all ?
worships reality

AOL

#320421 Jan 10, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
What needs explaining referring to "women owe". It is pretty simple. Prolifers believe women owe, regardless of themselves or their circumstances they owe birthing to church and state.
Walking in high heels is a conscious choice, you even pick the size, color and how high you would like the heel. That has GOT to be the DUMBEST comparison EVER, belittling and degrading to compare walking in heels to a pregnancy. JFC you are a male and clueless.

Why should you be able to abort if a pregnancy poses a health issue to the mother? What about the fetus? Does it now lose rights? Does it become less valuable? Explain.
be delighted to. because then it becomes a matter of self defense.
why should you be able to kill someone who poses you imminent, lethal harm ? does that person now lose rights ? does that person now become less valuable ?
smarten up and try to utilize your sense of reason. i trust it's not totally dormant.
worships reality

AOL

#320422 Jan 10, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I am calling you a hypocrite. You apply different values to life while claiming all life is precious. A contradiction.
I am referring to RvW and the first trimester, are you referring otherwise? Their is NO difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex or rape. This is where your contradiction lies. But you knew that.
there is no difference between the life of someone walking down the street minding his own business and the life of someone walking toward you with a knife obviously intending to do you great bodily harm. yet you would devalue the life of that person threatening you by saying you support the right to kill that person in that situation.
a contradiction.
worships reality

AOL

#320423 Jan 10, 2014
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You're responding to something I said to the poster "dedbebbies", are you that poster? First of all, if so, who the hell would come onto an abortion forum with such a fk'ed up name? You're not here for debate, or even capable of intelligent conversation, you just want to spew your ignorance. Secondly,... no, clarify that you're not “dedbeebies” before I even waste my time.
no need for clarification from her. besides, you will never get it.
she is in fact dedbebbies. she is also shovelhead. at the same time she'll swear up an down that she posts as no one else but nap.

she also claims to be a biker. here she is.......

http://msride.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/D...
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320424 Jan 10, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL See? Here's a perfect example of you trying to use my personal opinions against me when all along I've known my personal opinions on the abortion issue matter to no one (unless it's my pregnancy, it's not my business). You are silly in a desperate kind of way, JM. Not very becoming of a woman in her mid-to-late 40s.
Your "personal opinion" proves you a fraud. You agree with restricting a womans choice to kill her baby. That makes you anti-choice, not pro-choice.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320425 Jan 10, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in my 40's, 42 to be exact 3 weeks pregnant and I looked 4-5 months due to tumors. My first pregnancy was difficult and I have to have a c-section. My first pregnancy was lucky to turn out well as I developed Polyhydramnios And yes that is correct my health and welfare. I am sure you are better equipped to have made a decision for us.
Why didn't you abstain from sex while fertile to avoid pregnancy?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320426 Jan 10, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my husband was concerned for ME. Something oblivious to you, being treated as a brood mare. I guess you are use to being kicked around and told what to do and your health and welfare ill considered. Poor you, only good for one thing.
IF your husband was "concerned" about you, he'd have keep his selfish desires in check while you were fertile. But noooooooooo, why should he, right? He cared about *you* so much that he made YOU go through an abortion @@.

My husband loves me enough to respect me, putting his desires last. He would never have his wife go through a risky procedure that kills his child. We have children but when I couldn't get pregnant, he used his brain and avoided sex.

You poor confused woman.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320427 Jan 10, 2014
katie wrote:
Here's what I found when searching out Canadian woman aborts pregnancy at 8 1/2 months. The woman had the affair, not the husband. In this instance, the husband is standing by her and wants them to remain a family and raise their young children. Is this what you referred to, Rachel? Or something different altogether? It's similar to what you posted, but just barely.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23401...
The woman aborted her unwanted child.
Suddenly n youbhad the need to investigate her motives????? Not your business remember?

Ohhhh, that's right, YOU don't want her to have choices all of a sudden @@

Bet you think that you have a heart huh?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#320428 Jan 10, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember last night I mentioned an oven, microwave, and boiling water? Yeah... all real cases from around here. Some women should never ever be parents. Ever. jmo
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php...

That's how I feel, makes me physically sick to hear about stuff like that.
katie

Renton, WA

#320429 Jan 10, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The woman aborted her unwanted child.
Suddenly n youbhad the need to investigate her motives????? Not your business remember?
What are you talking about? I was trying to verify a story Rachel mentioned.

You're weird. Or maybe just drunk.
katie

Renton, WA

#320431 Jan 10, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php...
That's how I feel, makes me physically sick to hear about stuff like that.
Poor baby :(
katie

Renton, WA

#320432 Jan 10, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Your "personal opinion" proves you a fraud. You agree with restricting a womans choice to kill her baby. That makes you anti-choice, not pro-choice.
Are you lost? Confused? Drunk? What are you talking about?

Oh, wait! A little side-step to distract from the fact you're no different than Michael Schiavo. Just go on and admit it, JM. You'll feel better.
katie

Renton, WA

#320433 Jan 10, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Why didn't you abstain from sex while fertile to avoid pregnancy?
You're the one rushing to close the barn doors after the horses escape, right?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#320434 Jan 10, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The woman aborted her unwanted child.
No, Sassy, I had heard some 8 - 10 years ago, that a woman out of spite had aborted her baby in the 8th month, and she later admitted that it was out of spite. I can't find it. I think Katie is right that she (that lady) had to come up with some elaborate story to get what she wanted. Did she hurt the baby to where the Doctor agreed it was best? I don't know.

This can't be used because I can't find the story, I've been looking, and it happened in Canada. I don't know the Province or circumstances behind that story. I'm not even sure if any charges were laid. This is a completely different story, and Katie may have thought that that story was the one I was talking about. It wasn't. And as you can clearly see, the woman in THIS story was charged. And Katie didn't mention that she was okay with this. This woman in the story that Katie linked clearly broke the law. And I seriously doubt Katie would go to this woman's aide. This woman broke the law.
Wang Dong

Allentown, PA

#320435 Jan 10, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess again. I have been married pushing 40 years, Got anymore childish advice?
Reading your posts I feel sorry for the guy. Does he still have his thing. You sound like one emasculating biach. You are one angry broad, Holey Christ woman do you kiss the kids you let live with that mouth.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320436 Jan 10, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but unfortunately you proaborts who have aborted or support as choice-killing your unwanted offsprings,are.

Microwave, oven, boiling water, abortion mill...DISGUSTING! INHUMANE! BARBARIC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min RoxLo 1,431,406
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 38 min Trojan 32,398
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sep 4 tilt 10,071
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web