Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311316 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#320338 Jan 8, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking legalities. You're the one who threw the emotional glop all over everywhere.
Forget laws? That's what we're here to talk about, shug. The SCPL faction wants to make more laws against abortion, and the Pro-Choice faction wants abortion laws to reflect the Supreme Court's opinion rather than Reggie P. Crackerface's, and Tilly B. Noseybody's.
Get with the program.
Alright the emotional glop is everywhere. I'm asking you, with your personal opinion, do you still stand behind the fetus in not being accorded NO significance at all at ANY time. Majority changes laws...... here in Canada anyways. I'm asking your opinion on that stance regarding that law, and the situation I presented before you. Just opinion on that, not what the law states. Opinion is opinion, it doesn't have to agree with law, and I would like your opinion on said scenario. That's all. 8 1/2 month pregnancy, there isn't anything with the 'baby'......mother wants to abort that healthy 8 1/2 month old fetus, and your OPINION is.....?

Location hidden

#320339 Jan 8, 2014
Good night everyone, good night not a playa, I shall pop in 2morrow.
Wang Dong

Allentown, PA

#320340 Jan 8, 2014
Why the debate. the little mucus is nothing but a parasite. Flush the damn thin down the toilet. Women have the right to throw the damn thing out whenever they want,.

The law protects women not that parasite mass taking up free rent in her gut. Most guys stand with the chicks ion this one.

Wanting to bang your brains out is not an invitation to be pregnant. It is just what we all love to do.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#320341 Jan 9, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im no more concerned about the male, then I am the female. Its tough all around. Real tough if you happen to be the unborn baby. He awaits the woman choice as does the unborn child. They both will be affected with the choice SHE makes. You say you were 40 and pregnant. Whos fault was it?
Yours?
His?
The baby?
Who paid the price?
You were not bothered at all?
Not that it matters, but having an abortion makes you no less a human then the rest of us.
Plus if that sin cannot be forgiven, then none can.
Yet you dont see it as sin anyway right?
You do see my sins as sin though right?
Atleast your writing additude shows that you do...
Your concern for people or circumstances that you are unfamiliar with is purely imaginary your main concern is the woman/girl having a choice, like I said earlier YOU don't get a say as a male and that is what effects you the most:
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He awaits the woman choice as does the unborn child. They both will be affected with the choice SHE makes.
I was in my 40's. Whose fault was it? What exactly do you mean? Who paid the price? What price? Not bothered in the least and happy to have had the right to make the decision over my health and welfare, my husband agreed, his main concern was me....imagine that if you can.

Sin? Are you kidding me? I never classified your fckups as sin, betrayal would be the appropriate word.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320342 Jan 9, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text> You know that many men like that, you've lost count???!!!! OMG, get yourself a new peer group too. This birds of a feather crap isn't working for you! Holy Sh*t!
Just sayin,,,, just noticin...
I have been out in the world sweety, I know a lot of people. I never said anything about a peer group that is simply you embellishing as usual. Sorry about your sheltered life.

Just sayin......just noticing....

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320343 Jan 9, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text> Lady, find yourself a real man! TIA (one that actually gives a sh*t about you would be nice)
And if you're attracted to said 'male', that you just referred to, rethink your life! And good for you in not being concerned with a man like the one you just described, now if only you could follow through......(it seems)
Guess again. I have been married pushing 40 years, Got anymore childish advice?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320344 Jan 9, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright the emotional glop is everywhere. I'm asking you, with your personal opinion, do you still stand behind the fetus in not being accorded NO significance at all at ANY time. Majority changes laws...... here in Canada anyways. I'm asking your opinion on that stance regarding that law, and the situation I presented before you. Just opinion on that, not what the law states. Opinion is opinion, it doesn't have to agree with law, and I would like your opinion on said scenario. That's all. 8 1/2 month pregnancy, there isn't anything with the 'baby'......mother wants to abort that healthy 8 1/2 month old fetus, and your OPINION is.....?
MY opinion ? Here's my opinion: Your scenario is stupid.

Not to mention ridiculous. How many pregnant women do you actually think are seriously contemplating abortion of a healthy fetus at 8 and a half months? Seriously enough to try and follow through with such a stupid idea? If there are any, they need mental help. That's my opinion.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320346 Jan 9, 2014
But women don't get elective abortions at 8-1/2 months. Abortion at that stage carries the same risks as childbirth, and no reputable doctor would do one UNLESS the odds shift--the fetus dies or is dying, the woman's health deteriorates suddenly, etc. They just don't happen frivolously.
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not talking legalities, and ours are a lot different than yours anyways. I'm simply stating that I'm shocked at your belief that a "fetus should be accorded NO significance at ANY time". Forget laws, I would just find it hard to believe that anyone would support a healthy, viable fetus, terminated at 8 1/2 months, given no problems to the mother, and if there were, the baby would (very high chances, duh) survive outside the mother's womb.
Ya, I'm shocked that you/anyone would support that.
That's very shocking to me, if you ask me.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#320347 Jan 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>MY opinion ? Here's my opinion: Your scenario is stupid.
Not to mention ridiculous. How many pregnant women do you actually think are seriously contemplating abortion of a healthy fetus at 8 and a half months?
It doesn't matter. Even if it was only one over the course of human history, you'd support her right to do it. You are repugnant.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320348 Jan 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
But women don't get elective abortions at 8-1/2 months. Abortion at that stage carries the same risks as childbirth, and no reputable doctor would do one UNLESS the odds shift--the fetus dies or is dying, the woman's health deteriorates suddenly, etc. They just don't happen frivolously.
<quoted text>
You're naive mister. There was Tiller a nd other abortion Dr's who have freely admitted to late term elective abortions (especially on young girls whondenied their pregnancies at first or on women who didnt know they where pregnant til late term due to irregular periods.

Do you understand that once a woman can support killing her child or anothers as choice, they harden their hearts and consciences? ANYTHING goes then. Many women kill their born children because they change their minds about mothering their child. Susan Smith was known by family and friends to cherish and love her kids but a man came Long who didnt want kids,...and so..she justicied killing them instead of giving them to their Dad.

Wake up child.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#320349 Jan 9, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text> Lady, find yourself a real man! TIA (one that actually gives a sh*t about you would be nice)
And if you're attracted to said 'male', that you just referred to, rethink your life! And good for you in not being concerned with a man like the one you just described, now if only you could follow through......(it seems)
Sound, sage, and above all, mature advice.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320350 Jan 9, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever time this type of question is asked, I respond the same way. With that said, it's a mystery you have no clue and are asking again.
I agree with Roe v Wade's restrictions at viability where the physician and woman determine her pregnancy's outcome if something unforeseen happens late in the game. That is a reasonable restriction based on good faith and the good judgments of those involved.
I do not agree with some of the states' restrictions that are only unnecessary hoops for women to jump through. These backfire and cause unnecessary delays which in turn cause later abortions. Terminations of unwanted pregnancies should be completed within the first trimester, imo, preferably in the embryonic stage. Much safer for the woman/girl experiencing it.
Now, let's see how you twist this around and accuse me of lying some more. Should be fun.
Katie; I agree with Roe vs Wade restrictions.

A woman who is pregnant might disagree. You are anti-her choice.

Shame on you for acting pro-choice. Your side must be fuming!!!!!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320351 Jan 9, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex may have a price tag, but civil rights do not. "...all citizens born or naturalized in the United States..." have civil rights. All; not just males.
Those civil rights include the rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. That these civil rights establish pregnant women the safe, legal means of terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy cannot be stricken. Embryos/fetuses do not meet the criteria of citizens.
That is, unless or until brainwashed people such as yourself manage to convince the Supreme Court that what you believe is indeed fact for all pregnant women all the time. Otherwise, all you have is nothing but wishful thinking. That may work for you and yours. Aren't you glad you live in the United States where you can practice what you preach on yourself instead of having someone else dictate to you?
Oh my! Katie is trying to act pro-choice here ^^

In this post^^^women should have legal, safe means of terminating"unwanted " pregnancies yet, Katie agrees with restrictions that prevent her from aborting an unwanted baby after viability.

*sigh*

Poor girl doesn't know if she is coming or going.

Location hidden

#320352 Jan 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Not to mention ridiculous. How many pregnant women do you actually think are seriously contemplating abortion of a healthy fetus at 8 and a half months? Seriously enough to try and follow through with such a stupid idea? If there are any, they need mental help. That's my opinion.
I believed my scenario to be stupid. I just wanted your opinion on it. And yours is "if there are any, then need mental help". K, thank you, I agree with your opinion!

Location hidden

#320353 Jan 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
good point, thanks cpete!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320354 Jan 9, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Can't or...(won't)....answer her question??

What's your personal opinion sweetie;) inquiring minds want to know.

An 8 1/2 month pregnant woman could find out her husband left her, cheated on her or that he isnt the babies father, or that she didnt realizebthat she was pregnant til then, etc......
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320355 Jan 9, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concern for people or circumstances that you are unfamiliar with is purely imaginary your main concern is the woman/girl having a choice, like I said earlier YOU don't get a say as a male and that is what effects you the most:
<quoted text>
I was in my 40's. Whose fault was it? What exactly do you mean? Who paid the price? What price? Not bothered in the least and happy to have had the right to make the decision over my health and welfare, my husband agreed, his main concern was me....imagine that if you can.
Sin? Are you kidding me? I never classified your fckups as sin, betrayal would be the appropriate word.
You aborted at 40 because of your "health and welfare"? Really. Where you or the baby dying?

Location hidden

#320356 Jan 9, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been out in the world sweety, I know a lot of people. I never said anything about a peer group that is simply you embellishing as usual. Sorry about your sheltered life.
Just sayin......just noticing....
I guess you would have to know a lot of people to know so many losers that you've described! Carry on! I too know a lot of people, and I can't think of one man (that I know) that would be such a sack of sh*t, like the one's that you know, and are describing. I wouldn't associate myself with said people!

Carry on with your guru life!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320357 Jan 9, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"My husband agreed"

Awwww...what a WONDERFUL, LOVING husband you have. He is just as concerned as the guys who screw around with an easy victim and has no respect for her OR
his flesh and blood/child that he helped create so he supports this fool killing his unwanted child as a means to rid himself of his responsibility.

Damn you women are gullible.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320359 Jan 9, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is no double standard, since ONLY the woman gets pregnant. Since even stupid hetero boys know this, then they know they have no SAY in the pregnancy. If they want to take their chances on the girl's possible decision, go ahead, but don't whine about it.
<quoted text>
You think that women should have the option whether to mother her child or kill it, yet a man is forced either way to father/support his unwanted child?

Gotchaa!

Anti-male. Double-standard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Yeah 1,394,428
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 255,481
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Into The Night 9,779
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web