Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309767 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320247 Jan 6, 2014
You have every right to speak your mind - what you don't have, is the right to discriminate against other people. You have every right to practice your religion: ON YOURSELF.

Not on other people.

Fundies really need to figure out the difference.
Penelope wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladdy is pissed atcha moonbeam because you spoke up for Phil Robertson's right to free speech. You gotta understand that the average homosexual wants to beef about being shafted (lol!) out of their rights but don't give a flying fig about the rights of anyone who has a different view point.
Homosexuals are like that always beefin about not getting their rights and then getting all upset when the faithful speak their minds. The faithful don't support the homosexual lifestyle and when they use their right to speak their opinions the homosexuals suddenly stop thinking about anyone elses rights but their own. They want to flaunt their sexual lifestyle with their pride parades and demanding gay marriage but don't you go saying your opinions if you don't believe gays should marry cuz those rights loving gays suddenly can't tolerate other people having rights.
The gays think everything should revolve around them. Only about 10% of the population is homosexual but they think everything is supposed to go their way because they think they're special or something.
Whining little pissant farts!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320248 Jan 6, 2014
Then stop thinking about it 24/7.
Queen petey wrote:
Theres nothing more depraved than a couple of male cornholers going at each others butts drilling for chit.

Indianapolis

#320249 Jan 6, 2014
Midol works wonders...you should try it. Unfortunately, they don't make it in a children's chewable, but maybe your mommy can crush them up and put them in applesauce for you.
Queen petey wrote:
<quoted text>
We dont need any more of you useless gayboys around either.
You got the right to fork each other up the ass and thats all you need.
Polygamy is not legal so why should gayboy marriage be legal? Just to satisfy a few whiny crybabies?
Fukyaall go back to your closets ya
Freakazoids.
Your dooshie little retorts on here dont change the fact that your a sickfuck boy.

Indianapolis

#320250 Jan 6, 2014
Why? You want to come over and lick it up?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I practice safe sex...condoms and all.
Queen petey wrote:
You like having sperm dribbling down ur ass boy?

Indianapolis

#320251 Jan 6, 2014
If I am cross with another poster, I'm more than capable of telling them so, twit.

Funny how you object to our free speech....

Per the constitution, rights are the purview of the individual, not the majority.
Penelope wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladdy is pissed atcha moonbeam because you spoke up for Phil Robertson's right to free speech. You gotta understand that the average homosexual wants to beef about being shafted (lol!) out of their rights but don't give a flying fig about the rights of anyone who has a different view point.
Homosexuals are like that always beefin about not getting their rights and then getting all upset when the faithful speak their minds. The faithful don't support the homosexual lifestyle and when they use their right to speak their opinions the homosexuals suddenly stop thinking about anyone elses rights but their own. They want to flaunt their sexual lifestyle with their pride parades and demanding gay marriage but don't you go saying your opinions if you don't believe gays should marry cuz those rights loving gays suddenly can't tolerate other people having rights.
The gays think everything should revolve around them. Only about 10% of the population is homosexual but they think everything is supposed to go their way because they think they're special or something.
Whining little pissant farts!!
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#320252 Jan 6, 2014
Queen petey wrote:
Theres nothing more depraved than a couple of male cornholers going at each others butts drilling for chit.
Fracking for gas?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#320253 Jan 6, 2014
Penelope wrote:
Gay marriage? Abortion? You all fight for some strange things.
Here's Chicky stirring the pot, then standing back to see what she created.

In this post, she's standing up for gay marriage and abortion.

In later posts, she attacks gay marriage.

A rise from cPeter is better than nothin', I guess.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#320254 Jan 6, 2014
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you're just very simple, and you cant see past your own self-righteousness to understand there are other views than yours that are legitimate and intelligent, chubby. I see you found an opportunity to bring in my wife's abortion, which had nothing to do with me or the topic, to make your point. How pathetic. NR, no self-respecting, intelligent poster here wants to belong to your extremist club, so get over your greasy, chubby, doughnut munching, cross dressing, sawed-off little ass, no one gives a f**k about your extremist views!
Your wife's abortion is the reason you want a foot in both camps.

You want to kinda be prolife to soothe your need to be a man protecting innocents.

Yet, you want to walk it back in order not to be offensive to your wife.

That's why you refer to preborn babies as "potential lives".....and do not believe babies (from no fault of their own) concieved in rape are worthy of life.

You straddle the issue like a wimp.

You realize this is true. Which explains your melodramatic response. You're disappointed with yourself, not me.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#320255 Jan 6, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop hiding behind your imagination and your god. Your pathetic opinions are not truth and they certainly are not the standard for all. Here are your words, you pathetic coward:
"You are a sick person who needs help. You have the same way of thinkin as ???? Horrible folks from the past. "
You can't even own up to your own words; your own actions.
Anyone who believes a living unborn child and a living cancer are the same is sick. Atleast they consider the child as living. Whenever one gets an abortion, they must have a living being killed. That is scientific ..
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#320256 Jan 6, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem....pretty easy knowing what you think.
Excuses don't cut it.
You choose to believe that every woman/girl regrets her decision and lives a life of misery dealing with it. That is your imagination working overtime, it is how YOU want them to react and YOU wanting them to live in guilt, it makes you feel like a man to imagine this. Your manhood is what bothers you since you have fcked it up royally and admittedly. I suggest you stop laying your downfalls on women to make yourself feel better. Just sayin...
No not every woman, but many many many women who have had their unborn child killed DO in fact live with much regret. Not to mention depression and all other bad things that come with.

I have regrets and without abortion.

You are the one that feels abortion is no big deal for any woman.
Not all women are that cold. Many still have a heart.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#320257 Jan 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The last thing we need are radiation-mutated Kardashians....reproducing with their giant designer egg sacs, setting forth their self-absorbed spawn which will subsist on make-up and the tears of children until they grow old enough to make their own sex videos...
The horror, the horror!
<quoted text>
I am soooo remembering that, and will put that as a Facebook status! hahhahahahahahha

I'm claiming it as my own too! lol AND I'm going to take credit, and swim in "my own" awesomeness with the replies of how wonderful I am. Thanks Cpete! here here

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#320258 Jan 6, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No not every woman, but many many many women who have had their unborn child killed DO in fact live with much regret. Not to mention depression and all other bad things that come with.
I have regrets and without abortion.
You are the one that feels abortion is no big deal for any woman.
Not all women are that cold. Many still have a heart.
What any woman thinks or feels about any decision she has made isn't your busy nor mine unless she, herself, invites our involvement. Just like your regrets are yours to deal with, she is responsible for her own actions. Every woman who undergoes an abortion is fully informed of what it entails, its risks, and, above other medical/surgical procedures, is counseled on the possible psychological impact she may face. We are all adults. We are expected to be responsible for our actions. You weren't asked to butt into anyone's private business. However, you have a right to pontificate as much as you like. Carry on and Happy New Year, Gtown.

Location hidden

#320259 Jan 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then stop thinking about it 24/7.
<quoted text>
hahahha I know, right?

Location hidden

#320260 Jan 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? You want to come over and lick it up?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I practice safe sex...condoms and all.
<quoted text>
The hate is with themselves, that person is venting their own hatred for themselves on to you. Psychology 101.

And okay, let him/her hate themselves, I don't blame him/her for their own hatred.

Location hidden

#320261 Jan 6, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife's abortion is the reason you want a foot in both camps.
You want to kinda be prolife to soothe your need to be a man protecting innocents.
Yet, you want to walk it back in order not to be offensive to your wife.
That's why you refer to preborn babies as "potential lives".....and do not believe babies (from no fault of their own) concieved in rape are worthy of life.
You straddle the issue like a wimp.
You realize this is true. Which explains your melodramatic response. You're disappointed with yourself, not me.
Okay, question, having a foot in both camps is pretty much the norm. I can't understand the complete one side of this issue. How can someone NOT have a gray area? I even bet you do. Not much of a gray area, but a little. Yes?

Location hidden

#320262 Jan 6, 2014
oh, and for BA, I think you may have not read my reply to you, but yes, I believe the man should have more rights for reason's I stated. Beat's me on how one would achieve it... but that's what I think. At the very least, considered......

how?((shrug))
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#320263 Jan 6, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What any woman thinks or feels about any decision she has made isn't your busy nor mine unless she, herself, invites our involvement. Just like your regrets are yours to deal with, she is responsible for her own actions. Every woman who undergoes an abortion is fully informed of what it entails, its risks, and, above other medical/surgical procedures, is counseled on the possible psychological impact she may face. We are all adults. We are expected to be responsible for our actions. You weren't asked to butt into anyone's private business. However, you have a right to pontificate as much as you like. Carry on and Happy New Year, Gtown.
True elise.
I dont see what I write being any different then what those who defend their rights write.
Happy New Years to you and yours as well.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#320264 Jan 6, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
True elise.
I dont see what I write being any different then what those who defend their rights write.
Happy New Years to you and yours as well.
Of course, what you write is different from what others write. What is not different is your right to write.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320265 Jan 6, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who believes a living unborn child and a living cancer are the same is sick. Atleast they consider the child as living. Whenever one gets an abortion, they must have a living being killed. That is scientific ..
You kill thousands of living beings every time you take a shower, set off a bug bomb, or wipe your ass. You deliberately kill them. And you support IVF procedures, which deliberately kill human embryos - but you give that a pass, because of the embryos' location.

Get off your high horse, and go gestate something, why don'tcha.....? You're about as pro-life, as diphtheria....killer.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#320266 Jan 6, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You kill thousands of living beings every time you take a shower, set off a bug bomb, or wipe your ass. You deliberately kill them. And you support IVF procedures, which deliberately kill human embryos - but you give that a pass, because of the embryos' location.
Get off your high horse, and go gestate something, why don'tcha.....? You're about as pro-life, as diphtheria....killer.
I may do as you say, but again "call me the crazy sick one", but I truly see a BIG difference in a living human being "at any stage", and that of any other living thing. Whether it be bugs, cats, rats, dogs, or hogs. Plus diptheria is a living thing , yet can cause the death of many. So who fits this discription?

I understand why many want abortion to remain legal, but whenever folks began to put humans in the same catagory as all other living things , then that's just ??!!??.

Yet I suppose if those people truly believe all living things came from slim plus lots of time, and we are all here just by chance, and many many many lucky things just so happened to fall into place, and there is no Creator God, then I geuss I can better understanf their point. Not that it matters, since you and others have made it very clear as to what I think matters not. Only what you guys think matters.

I am glad doctors do not see things your way, or they would not treat a person who is pro life, and has cancer. I geuss they would have to ask the pro choice folks if they wanted to be treated or not. I could imagine what 99% of those answers would be. Yes doctor please!! My life is worth saving. Even though there is no way I can ever pay for the treatment!

Think about it. All pro choice people are pro life people. "When they want to be". What power one must feel knowing that the life LIVING inside of them will either be a bundle of joy, or a useless wad of cell, that need removing.

It seems to me, it is far worse than a high schooler slapping a kindergardener. Its adults "young and old" who put to death thr tinest of all human life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min snow 1,225,065
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 238,468
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Tue robert walker 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,725
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
More from around the web