Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314022 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#320288 Jan 7, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The 'guy' doesn't face death because he got somebody pregnant, fool. Every single pregnancy carries that risk for women. You don't have to worry about any of the physical results of pregnancy - and apparently, you think 'women who choose life' do it to punish the man by whom she became pregnant. What a crock.
You think your financial obligation to the BORN CHILD should be null and void, if you happen to consider that particular one-night-stand a 'mistake'.
How very pro-life of you.
Yes playa I realize any pregnancy can be harmful or even fatal. No I dont thinkall babes born are to trap the man. I was only making a point. I made that point.it is simply a double standard.. you think the guy should have to pay if the woman chooses life, yet turn right around and say a woman should not have to pay for same choice he made.

Im starting to see a pattern with you guys.
Choice worshippers about sums it up.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320289 Jan 7, 2014
I don't copyright anything on here, darlin'. Have fun!
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I am soooo remembering that, and will put that as a Facebook status! hahhahahahahahha
I'm claiming it as my own too! lol AND I'm going to take credit, and swim in "my own" awesomeness with the replies of how wonderful I am. Thanks Cpete! here here
Raymond Burr
#320290 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? You want to come over and lick it up?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I practice safe sex...condoms and all.
<quoted text>
I remember when you used to insist on prattling on and on about the constitution, law, science, etc. while I was buried deep in your flabby, unathletic, cottage cheese-like derriere. Your ramblings were a minor distraction but never prevented me from finishing the task at hand.
I remember doing some follow up research on some of the things you said and finding out you didn't know what the hell you were talking about. I never let on though and let you go on thinking that I was fascinated by the breadth of your knowledge. My desire for additional trysts with that deliciously droopy buttocks of yours forever prevented me from ever revealing that I knew the truth about what an empty headed loudmouth you really were.

Indianapolis

#320291 Jan 7, 2014
Then you must be a vegan, because every time you eat meat, fish, or fowl, a living creature must be put to death. And those things you eat are self-aware and feel pain, UNLIKE a fetus in over 95% of all abortions.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO difference in the two statrments ink made.
1. Mother has a right to kill her baby girl.
2. Mother has a right to abort her baby girl.
You may switch the word girl with fetus in either statement , but it means the same.
Anyway one tries to "word" it, there must be a living creature put to death.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320292 Jan 7, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the 3 thousand men who impregnated the 3 thousand women who get abortions each day. Those men will either become linked forever as the father, or their childs life will end. All in what saith the women. If the woman chooses life, even though it was just a one night stand or short fling, then according to yall the guy will be punished for making one mistake.
Oh and ever so often a vanilla cigar, what you smokin playa?
Now why must young men be punshed for making a mistake?
I already know your answer. They should have thought about it BEFORE having sex, right?
DS
Very interesting that women should never be held accountable for having sex but men should be. I think that is anti-male.

Indianapolis

#320293 Jan 7, 2014
The woman gets the decision because SHE takes all the risks of pregnancy. He is not linked to her, only any resultant child, and to the legal extent of writing a check once a month.

It literally takes 10 minutes to learn how to use a condom effectively and 20 seconds or less to put one on before having sex. The first rule of safe sex is that YOU are responsible for your own protection during sex. Too many straight boys whine about using condoms. Tough shit.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the 3 thousand men who impregnated the 3 thousand women who get abortions each day. Those men will either become linked forever as the father, or their childs life will end. All in what saith the women. If the woman chooses life, even though it was just a one night stand or short fling, then according to yall the guy will be punished for making one mistake.
Oh and ever so often a vanilla cigar, what you smokin playa?
Now why must young men be punshed for making a mistake?
I already know your answer. They should have thought about it BEFORE having sex, right?
DS
Ink

Havertown, PA

#320294 Jan 7, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>For some women, it is. I'm sure you'd prefer they have hysterectomies than abortions, but unless you're the woman looking at those choices, that just isn't your call.
Too bad for you, control freak.
Don't be ridiculous. Pregnancy is not a disease. Look it up.
Gtown71

United States

#320295 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then you must be a vegan, because every time you eat meat, fish, or fowl, a living creature must be put to death. And those things you eat are self-aware and feel pain, UNLIKE a fetus in over 95% of all abortions.
<quoted text>
Ok I see what you did there. I left out thr word human.:)
I am vegan. Except for fish.
Gtown71

United States

#320296 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh , and chicken, beef, and some pork. Other then that Im vegan :)
Gtown71

United States

#320297 Jan 7, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting that women should never be held accountable for having sex but men should be. I think that is anti-male.
No doubt.
I used to love their answer a year or so ago, when this was brought up.
They would say HE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE HE HAD SEX !!:)
Gtown71

United States

#320298 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The woman gets the decision because SHE takes all the risks of pregnancy. He is not linked to her, only any resultant child, and to the legal extent of writing a check once a month.
It literally takes 10 minutes to learn how to use a condom effectively and 20 seconds or less to put one on before having sex. The first rule of safe sex is that YOU are responsible for your own protection during sex. Too many straight boys whine about using condoms. Tough shit.
<quoted text>
So this is what we should tell young men who have gotten a girl pregnant, but are not old enough or have enough money for anything? Tough you zhould have used a condom now live with your circumstsnces??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320299 Jan 7, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous. Pregnancy is not a disease. Look it up.
Pregnancy is a risky medical condition. The fact that it's not considered a disease process in and of itself, doesn't render it any less dangerous to embark upon, and you bloody well know it. Don't be obtuse - oh wait...this is INK I'm talking to. You can't help but be obtuse. It's who you are.

Next....
Gtown71

United States

#320300 Jan 7, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
F off
Just so you know. My goal is not who can out smart mouth the other, and I truly dont wish to upset you. I just think you should take a hard look at what you say you believe.

If you truly see no difference in a human unborn child and thatbof a bug then I geuss public school has done its job, but do you truly believe this ??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320301 Jan 7, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes playa I realize any pregnancy can be harmful or even fatal. No I dont thinkall babes born are to trap the man. I was only making a point. I made that point.it is simply a double standard.. you think the guy should have to pay if the woman chooses life, yet turn right around and say a woman should not have to pay for same choice he made.
Im starting to see a pattern with you guys.
Choice worshippers about sums it up.
The only thing a man risks when having sex, is an STD, and a bit of fatigue.

You can't even handle THAT much, and you want to tell women we are obligated to GESTATE because we have consensual sex??

Geez, you're even more of a selfish prick than I previously thought.
No Relativism

United States

#320302 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't copyright anything on here, darlin'. Have fun!
<quoted text>
cPeter's junk is frozen to a flagpole.

Again.

Brrrrr...it's cold today.

Indianapolis

#320303 Jan 7, 2014
He should...because he has no options if a pregnancy results. Not fair? Is it fair that only women get pregnant?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt.
I used to love their answer a year or so ago, when this was brought up.
They would say HE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE HE HAD SEX !!:)

Indianapolis

#320304 Jan 7, 2014
Yes...just like they have to live with the permanent results of any action. If he's joyriding without insurance and hits someone, is he not responsible for paying those medical bills?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is what we should tell young men who have gotten a girl pregnant, but are not old enough or have enough money for anything? Tough you zhould have used a condom now live with your circumstsnces??
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#320305 Jan 7, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know. My goal is not who can out smart mouth the other, and I truly dont wish to upset you. I just think you should take a hard look at what you say you believe.
If you truly see no difference in a human unborn child and thatbof a bug then I geuss public school has done its job, but do you truly believe this ??
I thought smug and arrogant comments were your goal.

Where did I say what I believe? Maybe you should stop thinking that what you imagine and speculate is reality.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320306 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes...just like they have to live with the permanent results of any action. If he's joyriding without insurance and hits someone, is he not responsible for paying those medical bills?
<quoted text>
A woman can have her unwanted child killed to rid herself of her responsibility but a man must live up to his actions?

WOW!! Double standard anyone? Anti-male anyone? Control freak anyone?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#320307 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
He should...because he has no options if a pregnancy results. Not fair? Is it fair that only women get pregnant?
<quoted text>
Is it fair that women get the honor of carrying their offspring in their bodies? My husband was in awe but a bit jealous that I had that experience of feeling our baby move and kick in my body, It's the way things are. You hold different standards regarding taking responsibility for ones actions based on the sex of the person. This is discrimination against your own Petey. BOTH participate in the act, BOTH should be part of the childs life. No one person should neglect that child. They don't come first anymore, their child does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JRB 1,524,141
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 32,925
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar '17 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web