Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,914
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319870 Dec 31, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday a Christian co-worker and FB friend posted a link that used the very same phrase about something not being about good works but rather "faith through grace" and I then realized that he's using some catch phrase that he learned from other Born-Agains. Faith through grace doesn't even sound like it means anything. I'd rather do things that makes another person's day better anytime over this "faith through grace" thing.
Ephesians 2 : 8-9
Thats where I got it from. Theres plenty other places that have it, but that one is the best known one.

Will you read it ?
Verse 10-----? Is good as well.

Ps. King James is also good
Hope your day is well.:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319871 Dec 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah, Mr. G you're over thinking this whole thing. Yes, I agree that true altruism is in short supply, but not as rare as you seem to think.
Let's say I spend an hour praising God, and even preaching about the glory of God to some people...and then let's say I spend an hour shoveling snow out of my elderly neighbor's driveway so she can get out. Now, which activity actually had a positive impact on another person? What actual good did my time spent glorifying a god actually do for anyone?
Why would a deity prefer that I spend my time glorifying him over spending my time trying to do some good in this world?
Let's say one person dedicates their whole adult life to doing good works...helping the poor, the sick, helping the starving in Africa...all kinds of world-changing things big and small right down to helping neighbors in need, BUT never for a moment even believes in a god let alone glorifies one with worship.
Now let's say there is another person who prays, glorifies, preaches about and worships a god all their life, has "faith through grace" but never really bothers to do any good for anyone, on a large or small scale.
Now let's say there is a Heaven...are you telling me that person 2 gets into this Heaven but person one gets nothing because they didn't even believe there is a god??
Of course, the parts of the bible these people are actually following contradict themselves on this issue.
Ephesians 2:8
James 2:14-26

And then, there's this.......
"By their fruits ye shall know them"

Amazing how some people who profess to be Christians (followers of Christ) ignore the words of Jesus, isn't it?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319873 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I donate money to charity and give to the homeless. I volunteer my time to help addicts and alcoholics. I am disabled so my ability to help is somewhat limited but I feel like I do more than most people. I could do more, everyone can do more. I donated money and voted for Obama and since he was elected we have gotten the affordable care act.(which in my opinion is not even close to as liberal as it should be ex. no public option) I don't feel like I should have to go to Africa in order to support the affordable care act which saves lives. I also don't feel like I should have to go to Africa in order to support pro-life laws which also save lives. The PPACA is a pro-life law BTW.
<sigh>

What you say could be 100% the truth, but really, anyone can say anything on here, and it's been my experience that the PL crowd puts a lot more energy into telling everyone all the good things they do than the PC crowd.

However, YOU keep using the term "homo sapiens", and I take that to mean every human in the world, not just the ones near where you live.

I'll tell you what...you Lifers really want to end abortion? Then put your energy into developing the best BC this world has ever seen and educating people with valid and useful reproductive education.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319874 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not lying.
People say many things without saying a word.
Have you heard actions speak louder than words?
Plus yes i value human over any other animal. Including but not limited to cats and dogs.
Yes, you are lying, because no one has said it, OR implied it.

Then you are no more, or less, "for life" than anyone else here. You can't complain that pro-choicers don't find "all life to be worthy", when YOU don't, either. That's hypocrisy.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319875 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats where I got it from. Theres plenty other places that have it, but that one is the best known one.
Will you read it ?
Why do you ignore James 2:14-26?

Or, the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:16?

Once again, you prove the contention that fundies cherry pick a lot.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319876 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would I spend that kind of money , when ive got you and bit that knows everything?
Bit even speaks for all other people, yet calls me arrogant.
Yet you really didnt think seriously about what I asked you. I should have known you would not, since like I used to be, afraid to get real and simply think you know all will be ok.
I can understand that you would want to avoid a diagnosis of your mental problems, hon. It's so much easier to deny you have mental problems, than it is to take the courageous route and confront them.

Besides, those damn doctors might want to lock you away somewhere 'for your own good', and you would probably find that really annoying.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#319877 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be an pro-life atheist as a child. Abortion is one of the reasons I stopped being an atheist. I didn't like pro-life conservatives because they only care about unborn life. I didn't like pro-abortion rights atheist because they only cared about unborn life. The pro-abortion rights atheist seemed so hypocritical that I didn't want anything to do with them. If I had known there was such a thing as a pro-life atheist I may have never started believing in God again.
You were a pro-life atheist. You just wanted to join the crowd. The crowd lied to you. It told you that we are pro-abort. Nobody who is pro-choice is pro-abort. We know that everyone's circumstances are different. Even the Pope says that atheists will be accepted into heaven.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319878 Dec 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah, Mr. G you're over thinking this whole thing. Yes, I agree that true altruism is in short supply, but not as rare as you seem to think.
Let's say I spend an hour praising God, and even preaching about the glory of God to some people...and then let's say I spend an hour shoveling snow out of my elderly neighbor's driveway so she can get out. Now, which activity actually had a positive impact on another person? What actual good did my time spent glorifying a god actually do for anyone?
Why would a deity prefer that I spend my time glorifying him over spending my time trying to do some good in this world?
Let's say one person dedicates their whole adult life to doing good works...helping the poor, the sick, helping the starving in Africa...all kinds of world-changing things big and small right down to helping neighbors in need, BUT never for a moment even believes in a god let alone glorifies one with worship.
Now let's say there is another person who prays, glorifies, preaches about and worships a god all their life, has "faith through grace" but never really bothers to do any good for anyone, on a large or small scale.
Now let's say there is a Heaven...are you telling me that person 2 gets into this Heaven but person one gets nothing because they didn't even believe there is a god??
Yes.

One who truly knows God can help others while worshipping God.
Much of what you know as worship is mans traditions.

11-12 Sun morning. 3 points and a prayer.

Theres no way to pay God back.
May I ask you what you would think if I told you I'm a multi-millionaire, and then I told you how I obtained all my wealth overnight. Then I told you how you can do the same. Would you listen to me? Would you honestly care? Would you be upset if you are on your death bed , and someone else tells you that I could have told you years earlier but never did?

I know you well enough to know you will give me your honest answer.

Ps-I think you are real about what you believe. Most on here are.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319879 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Either your being willfully ignorant or your having trouble understanding me. If you support the right to an abortion then it is completely fair to say you are "pro-abortion rights." I didn't say you are "pro-abortion" I said you hold a "pro-abortion rights" position. don't understand why you find that so difficult to grasp. If you can't admit that this is your position then you should rethink your position because you are clearly uncomfortable with the way I accurately describe it.
No, you just want to use the vernacular "pro-abortion" over pro-choice.

I don't drink alcohol but I support your right to make your own choice to drink, so does that make me pro-booze?

I will continue to consider myself pro-choice no matter what you think. This is just another example of a pro-lifers need to be a control freak.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319880 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is not a homo sapiens, even if it's being gestated inside of one, it is not even aware that it exists, and cannot feel pain. It's not being "punished", nor is it suffering. Unlike an actual person who is born, aware, and can feel pain. There is no comparison.
Am I fine with a woman making her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, no matter which choice she makes? Damn straight.
YOUR twist on it, using melodramatic language DESIGNED to manipulate emotions, doesn't even merit a response.
bHitler: "A fetus is not a homo sapiens, even if it's being gestated inside of one"

That's an odd statement coming from someone who admitted "a human" (noun) exists in the womb. You even said the preborn baby's DNA analysis results would indicate the sample came from a particular human. All Mike did was replace "human" with "homo sapien". This is where you open your dictionary and see a human is a homo sapien.

Derp.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319881 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am saying that in this country we limit peoples rights in order to help other homo sapiens.
In this country, women have the right to direct our own medical treatment. SCPL legislation has not limited that right - merely thrown up roadblock after roadblock to the EXERCISE of that right, in the case of this one medical procedure. The right to an abortion still stands.

If the shoe were on the other foot, and the right to choose treatment for prostate cancer was fraught with as many roadblocks to its exercise, as you SCPL have tried to place on abortion...oh, wait THAT would never happen. Men would have nipped that shit in the bud before it ever became a thing.

Keep quacking. Women have the same rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self defense as men do. You freaks just can't stand for us to exercise them, but by golly, we keep finding ways to do so anyhow.

I know that grinds your gears.....too freakin bad.

Next...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319882 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do think it's their way of distancing themselves from the Catholics (or at least what they think of a "Catholic"). It's an old feud :)
I can't really fault them for that...lol.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319883 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
One who truly knows God can help others while worshipping God.
Much of what you know as worship is mans traditions.
11-12 Sun morning. 3 points and a prayer.
Theres no way to pay God back.
May I ask you what you would think if I told you I'm a multi-millionaire, and then I told you how I obtained all my wealth overnight. Then I told you how you can do the same. Would you listen to me? Would you honestly care? Would you be upset if you are on your death bed , and someone else tells you that I could have told you years earlier but never did?
I know you well enough to know you will give me your honest answer.
Ps-I think you are real about what you believe. Most on here are.
I would not care. I know one can't turn others into millionaires overnight. And you can't lead others to a spiritual belief.

"If that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without"

The bible clearly contradicts itself on the subject of faith. And you know why? Because none of it is actually "the word of God". It's all the words of men writing from their own perspective. YOU cherry pick the verses that agree with what you already believe (what you find within yourself), that's all.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319884 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you are not literally pro-choice because you are not an anarchist. I don't like it when people use vague wording to try and soften their actual position. I can make this really simple answer one simple question. Do you support the right to have an abortion?
Unequivocally, yes. I do.

Since you're such a fan of accurately describing things, I'm sure you won't mind my use of the dead-on accurate term 'fetus worshiper' to describe you.

Next...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319885 Dec 31, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "A fetus is not a homo sapiens, even if it's being gestated inside of one"
That's an odd statement coming from someone who admitted "a human" (noun) exists in the womb. You even said the preborn baby's DNA analysis results would indicate the sample came from a particular human. All Mike did was replace "human" with "homo sapien". This is where you open your dictionary and see a human is a homo sapien.
Derp.
I responded to the other poster in kind, based upon how he is using the term.

Not my fault you don't understand because you're stupid.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319886 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you read it ?
Yeah, I'll read it.

You too.
VoteVets Org
#319887 Dec 31, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You chose to post an opinion before copying and pasting the name into your search bar. Don't blame me because you couldn't decipher the forced C-Section from the first paragraph of what I'd posted. It's in there. Nobody fooled you. Except yourself maybe. Or you are just blaming me for your ineptness.
<shrug>
I got that the abortion was forced, kook. The hospital wanted to do it to save her unborn child. The parents did not want it because it would "shorten her life". I said that. You need to READ.

Ineptness is posting a story and an accompanying link that you feel makes an important point, but which leaves out the most important piece of information.

If you're going to take the time to post a link and cut and paste a story, how could you leave out the most important piece of info ? And then have the gall to blame someone else for not doing the research on a story YOU volunteered and YOU cut and pasted ?

Why not just post her name and tell everyone to research it ? Why bother posting an incomplete story at all ?

Wait, you're the "brightest crayon in the box" ditz aren't you ?

Now it all makes sense. LOL !

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319888 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape culture?
Not that you believe or care but Sin has been around a long time..
Plus rape accounts for a very small number of abortions.
Trust you to completely avoid discussion of ways to actually reduce the number of abortions, by denying that the rape culture is so strong in this country, our legislators have mandated instrumental rape for women who seek an abortion, in several States.

Rather than actively seek to reduce the number of abortions by eliminating the CAUSES of most abortions (poverty, immaturity, lack of support, maternal risks of gestation, etc.) you'd much prefer to just say 'abortion should be illegal' so you don't have to expend any energy to prevent them. Much easier to just say "women shouldn't have abortions," than to actively work to reduce the need for an abortion, innit?

Sin = Self Imposed Nonsense. And yes, it's been around for a loooong time. The problem is, you SCPL are trying to impose your nonsense on the rest of us.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#319889 Dec 31, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No indeed not "grump," and the reason for that is simply that I don't understand the Higgs Boson branch well enough to adequately comment on it. I've read the articles in Time magazine, National Geographic, Smithsonian, and articles online and, quite frankly, the more I read, the more I find myself scratching my head. Theoretical physics and particle physics are branches of scientific inquiry that I've not studied. Yeah I've read a couple of books like, "God and the New Physics," or "Quark and the Jaguar," but these are subjects that really require a formal method of study and, more importantly, a solid understanding of the foundation material.
My math is fairly dreadful so, even though I made it through Physics, it was clear to me that I wasn't progressing much further along that avenue--heck even the Wikipedia entry for the Higgs Boson has enough eye-watering formulas to make my head turn to clay;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
What I was trying to illustrate for "Gtown," was that there are methods that scientists use to gauge the age of the Earth, and the Universe that aren't simply "guesstimations." There's an orderly process that they teach in basic Astronomy, that this isn't some mystical sort of "soothsaying," or blind stabbing randomly in the dark...
Happy New Year "Grump!"
But what good are your functions if it doesn't account for the boson variable? Physical chemistry required a new set of laws of Physics.
VoteVets Org
#319890 Dec 31, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one who doesn't like to be corrected. Of course I read what you wrote. That's why I responded. Your redundant phrase "pro-abortion rights" doesn't exist while the word "pro-abortion" does exist and is defined by the dictionary. But go ahead, make up your own words and ignore the definitions of real words. It'll probably make for difficult discussion around here, just for an fyi kinda thing. Oh and my bad. The word popped up the year prior to Roe v Wade, not after like I'd said in my post to you.
"pro·abor·tion
adjective \&#716;pr&#333;-&# 601;-&#712;bo&#775;r-s h&#601;n\
Definition of PROABORTION
: favoring the legalization of abortion
— pro–abor·tion·ist noun
First Known Use of PROABORTION
1972"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...
Of course the phrase "pro-abortion rights" exists.

http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.p...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leonard-peikoff...

"...which is why the pro-abortion rights forces are on the defensive.'

You need to take a break from this forum.
Go out and celebrate the New Year tonight....get plastered. You already post as if you're drunk so you might as well really be.

Happy New Year ditz !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,190,185
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr HitMan 201,368
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 4,117
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr KiMare 235,575
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... 12 hr IdeasandTruth 1
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 21 hr KHS Alumni 69
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Trojan 29,057
More from around the web