Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 345517 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320100 Jan 2, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction- that's the "baby" christian way.
It is just that there may be many christians that stay in that stage waaaay longer, than they should. Some stay a baby till death, BUT baby or not, they are still a child of God. Regardless of age :)
Hello G. It's snowing like the blazes here...what's it like where you are? 80 degrees?

:)
Gtown71

United States

#320101 Jan 2, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not confused at all and we may be talking semantics but do you remember the story of the rich man who wanted to know how to obtain heaven?
Yes I remember. I truly believe he was like most people. He did not want to go to hell, but he also was not "willing" to let go of his hearts desires in order to truly put his faith in God.

Jesus seen his heart, which is something we cannot do. Likewise when Nicodemus came to Him at night , Jesus cut out the small talk and told him plainly where he stood . If you recall he was a religeous ruler , who when he walked through the streets , folks would stop and show respect to as a Holy Man of God. Yet Jesus told him that although he was a religeous ruler he did NOT even know God.

Was Jesus telling the rich young ruler that the path to eternal lif e started with us selling ALL we own and then follow Him?

I say that the man trusted in his riches, and Jesus simply called his hand.

Ps-im sorry if you took my post as if I was implying that you are confused.
I know you are not confused.

Plus you believe as over 95% of christians.

Im in the under 5%crowd.

I believe once a person is "truly" saved, then they. Are saved forever.

I have been Justified by God, through Jesus Christ.
I "should be " sanctified more and more as I grow in the Lord.

Peace to ya ink :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320102 Jan 2, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if mom gets a special gift pack with a year's supply of condoms and plan B's.
The condoms should go to the men, and they should use them. It might help cut down the abortion numbers.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320103 Jan 2, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that "you think", by calling me a liar that it may bother me.
Well it simply doe'nt :)
You post is no different then saying since "this number" of people choose NOT to break into my house, that the small amount of people who do is no big deal.
One, I didn't call you a liar. I said your post gave tacit approval of someone ELSE'S lie. And it did.

Two, no, that's not what I'm saying. Your comparison of a legal medical decision to a crime committed against another person, is a non sequitur.

Your avoidance of the question is duly noted, Coward.

There, NOW I called you something.
Gtown71

United States

#320104 Jan 2, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G. It's snowing like the blazes here...what's it like where you are? 80 degrees?
:)
I llive 1 mile in TN, just up from Corinth MS. It has been snowing here today.
Ok , just a few flurries :)
Suppose to be 17 degrees tonight. I came in at 6pm, and I'm working till 6am.

Peace lady :):):)
Gtown71

United States

#320105 Jan 2, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, I didn't call you a liar. I said your post gave tacit approval of someone ELSE'S lie. And it did.
Two, no, that's not what I'm saying. Your comparison of a legal medical decision to a crime committed against another person, is a non sequitur.
Your avoidance of the question is duly noted, Coward.
There, NOW I called you something.
Good :)
Feel better now?
What question do you want me to answer???

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#320106 Jan 2, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good :)
Feel better now?
What question do you want me to answer???
The only question I asked you.

But, since you are too lazy to go look, I'll repeat.....

What does your guess as to how many abortions are done per day have to do with the lie No Relevance told, and your tacit approval of that lie?

And before you go there, his lie was in the post you responded to WITH your melodramatic fantasy of the hospital scenario. Don't be a lazy ass, go re-read it.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#320107 Jan 2, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but when it because clear that wasn't going to happen (and it wasn't months, it was weeks, read the WHOLE of the articles, not just what you think you can use), SHE decided not to HAVE the C-section. But they took that choice away from her. And, as it turned out, neither the hospital, nor the judge had any right to do so. THAT is the point.
Exactly Bitner!

Everybody in the path of snow and wind, stay warm and safe over there :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320108 Jan 2, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I remember. I truly believe he was like most people. He did not want to go to hell, but he also was not "willing" to let go of his hearts desires in order to truly put his faith in God.
Jesus seen his heart, which is something we cannot do. Likewise when Nicodemus came to Him at night , Jesus cut out the small talk and told him plainly where he stood . If you recall he was a religeous ruler , who when he walked through the streets , folks would stop and show respect to as a Holy Man of God. Yet Jesus told him that although he was a religeous ruler he did NOT even know God.
Was Jesus telling the rich young ruler that the path to eternal lif e started with us selling ALL we own and then follow Him?
I say that the man trusted in his riches, and Jesus simply called his hand.
Ps-im sorry if you took my post as if I was implying that you are confused.
I know you are not confused.
Plus you believe as over 95% of christians.
Im in the under 5%crowd.
I believe once a person is "truly" saved, then they. Are saved forever.
I have been Justified by God, through Jesus Christ.
I "should be " sanctified more and more as I grow in the Lord.
Peace to ya ink :)
Sanctified worm droppings....big deal.
No Relativism

United States

#320109 Jan 2, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a horrible vision of a man pacing the floor in the waiting room at the doctors office, and when the doctor comes out and gives the man the news he had been waiting to hear he starts calling all his friends and family , while handing out cigars to all those around him.
The sad part, is when he's on the phone with his buddy, and says "yea, we can still go with you guys next month to Las Vegas, since the abortion was a success, and we won't be tied down with a kid we really could'nt afford!".
Then as he tells his friend how he feels alittle guilty, his friend says "hey man, you guys did the right thing, plus abortion is simply the ending of a pregnancy, prior to delivery."
The man says "thanks for making ME feel better buddy!"
The buddy says "well did'nt your woman have a miscarriage last year?"
The man says "yea why?"
The buddy says "there is no difference my friend. Your womans body rejected that kid, and her mind the last one, so no need to feel bad at all!!".
The man then says "wow!! This will help us both bro. I was gonna wait till tomorrow, but I'm bringing you a cigar now!! No wait - a whole box !!!!".
:)- I know what most are thinking, but please don't hesitate to tell me-(:
Gtown posted sarcastically: "abortion is simply the ending of a pregnancy, prior to delivery"

This photo has gone viral. https://twitter.com/StevenErtelt/status/41880...

It shows a baby grasping the doctors finger during a C-section.

bHitler & Katie would consider the procedure an abortion because the M.D. is inducing an end to the pregnancy.

It wouldn't bother either of those witches to reach in and KILL the baby.

It's how they roll.....
Gtown71

United States

#320110 Jan 2, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The only question I asked you.
But, since you are too lazy to go look, I'll repeat.....
What does your guess as to how many abortions are done per day have to do with the lie No Relevance told, and your tacit approval of that lie?
And before you go there, his lie was in the post you responded to WITH your melodramatic fantasy of the hospital scenario. Don't be a lazy ass, go re-read it.
Well if you look back, I responded on one of your post "that had nothing to do with me in any way",new years eve-wishing you a happy New year,

NR-said you and other pc folks were looking forward to see who had the first abortion of the year verses the first birth. Then you and other PC folks said that they "NR" was the one looking forward to that.

So which one of you are right? Are you both wrong?
Why are you asking me to pick sides
Two wrongs don't make a right bit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320111 Jan 2, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown posted sarcastically: "abortion is simply the ending of a pregnancy, prior to delivery"
bHitler & Katie would consider the procedure an abortion because the M.D. is inducing an end to the pregnancy.
It's how they roll.....
No Relevance posted, moronically.

As usual.

*shrug*

Your link is viral. You should probably take your computer in to be swept.

(Or at least notify the librarian.)
Next...
Gtown71

United States

#320112 Jan 3, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Sanctified worm droppings....big deal.
Not sure where you come up with this stuff, but whatever floats your boat.

May I ask what you will say, if there is a God, when you stand before Him?

How will you explain small things like your responce to those who desire to tell you of Him?

How will ye escape, if you neglect and ignore such a sacrifice?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320115 Jan 3, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I llive 1 mile in TN, just up from Corinth MS. It has been snowing here today.
Ok , just a few flurries :)
Suppose to be 17 degrees tonight. I came in at 6pm, and I'm working till 6am.
Peace lady :):):)
I thought you were in Florida. I guess we're all freezing today.

Peace.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320116 Jan 3, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you come up with this stuff, but whatever floats your boat.
May I ask what you will say, if there is a God, when you stand before Him?
How will you explain small things like your responce to those who desire to tell you of Him?
How will ye escape, if you neglect and ignore such a sacrifice?
Mr. G, if there is a God then doesn't he already know who we are, and why? Why would he expect us to explain ourselves since he would already know us so well?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320117 Jan 3, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly Bitner!
Everybody in the path of snow and wind, stay warm and safe over there :)
Thanks...you too.

Everyone stay safe and warm.

Even you, NR.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#320118 Jan 3, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It's how they roll.....
More lies from No Relevance. And no one is surprised.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#320119 Jan 3, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you look back, I responded on one of your post "that had nothing to do with me in any way",new years eve-wishing you a happy New year,
NR-said you and other pc folks were looking forward to see who had the first abortion of the year verses the first birth. Then you and other PC folks said that they "NR" was the one looking forward to that.
So which one of you are right? Are you both wrong?
Why are you asking me to pick sides
Two wrongs don't make a right bit.
What are you babbling about?

No one asked you to take sides, you CHOOSE to do so with your post.

I did NOT say he was "looking forward" to anything. I said HE was the one interested in both the first birth AND the first abortion, and that is a fact. He's OBSESSED with abortion. So, WHO would be most interested, YOU tell ME?

And I didn't say the POST had nothing to do with YOU. I asked what your GUESS about the number of daily abortions had to do with NR's LIE that your post gave tacit approval to.

And you STILL haven't answered that question.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#320120 Jan 3, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. G, if there is a God then doesn't he already know who we are, and why? Why would he expect us to explain ourselves since he would already know us so well?
Exactly.

No actual Deity would need us to explain who we are and why we acted as we did.

They way these people paint their God as a petty, petulant child tyrant is amazing to me. WHY would anyone worship such a being?

Any God who has to be feared for even the smallest of things, isn't worth the worship.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320121 Jan 3, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
No actual Deity would need us to explain who we are and why we acted as we did.
They way these people paint their God as a petty, petulant child tyrant is amazing to me. WHY would anyone worship such a being?
Any God who has to be feared for even the smallest of things, isn't worth the worship.
I would think that we would be expected to be flawed, and the steps we take to better ourselves as we mature and gain more experience would be what's important to a deity. And that Deity would surely know us every step of the way...especially if one believes we were created by said Deity.

When I was in college I had an instructor who told us that he was more impressed with a D student who worked to become an A student than someone who was an A student all along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Waxman 1,779,014
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Brew In 36,078
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2