Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346162 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mike

Belleville, IL

#319996 Dec 31, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You were a pro-life atheist. You just wanted to join the crowd. The crowd lied to you. It told you that we are pro-abort. Nobody who is pro-choice is pro-abort. We know that everyone's circumstances are different. Even the Pope says that atheists will be accepted into heaven.
I'm not interested about arguing about religion. I oppose killing homo sapiens that have done nothing wrong. That is why I am pro-life nobody tricked me into it. I was a pro abortion rights atheist before I was a pro-life atheist. I used to think like a lot of the people on here. I used to think "What if the parents don't have the money to raise the child." Similar stuff that the pro-abortion rights people say on here. Then I realized that 2 wrongs don't make a right. I felt more confident in my pro-life position because I was still a liberal who believed in the government providing for people who get themselves into this situation. In my opinion conservatives who cut programs to families and newborns are pro-abortion.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319997 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that, and yet you keep responding.
You are wrong. You need to move BEYOND middle school biology.
A fetus is the unborn of any number of vertebrates species.
I'll move past middle school biology once you accept middle school biology.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319998 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion doesn't stop reproduction. You are wrong. People reproduce through the biological process called sexual reproduction. Once the egg has been fertilized reproduction is over and human development has begun. Abortion ends human development by killing homo sapiens that have done nothing wrong. Once again abortion does not end reproduction go and take a human biology class at your local junior college if you don't agree with me. I will not go over this again. I have put it as clear and simply as I can. Stop being willfully ignorant or go take a human biology class.
Gee, I though you were "done" with me? LOL, you're so full of sh*t, you really are.

And, you are wrong. Abortion ends the pregnancy, and thus is part of the spectrum of reproductive choices. Period.

I have no doubt that the highest level of education you've had in the sciences IS the 8th grade classes you're always muttering about, and that the best you could aspire to would be junior college, but I've already gone beyond those, thank you. My education is in human anatomy and physiology with a focus on human reproduction, with continuing ed in both in order to maintain state and national licensure.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319999 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone can dress up their position all they want with political wording. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it with objectively based scientific facts.
Which makes you an idiot, because it's a political position, not a scientific position.

So much for being "done with" me, huh?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#320000 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll move past middle school biology once you accept middle school biology.
Wow. Started drinking already?

You should stop posting until you sober up. You're only making a fool out of yourself here.
Gtown71

United States

#320001 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop posting until you sober up. You're only making a fool out of yourself here.
Happy New Years Bit :)
Gtown71

United States

#320002 Dec 31, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE.

Whatever you decide to do, may you have fun and be safe :)
katie

Tacoma, WA

#320003 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing with you but one of the links Bprovided has a little different slant.
Okay, I am not arguing either. I am showing the sentences from the excerpt I linked in direct comparison to what you excerpted to show there is no different slant at all.
Upon admission to the hospital, Carder knew her condi-tion was terminal and decided to endure treatments that could prolong her life to 28 weeks at which point she would consent to a caesarean section. She chose this timeframe because her doctors advised it would provide the best chance of survival for her fetus.1
"Angela was informed that her baby was too small to be born, meaning too premature to have a good chance to survive, 2 and that her doctors did not consider intervention on behalf of the fetus appropriate until 28 weeks."
It quickly be-came clear, however, that Carder would not be able to reach this point, so she decided to forego the surgery and instead receive larger doses of pain medication and other treatments to remain comfortable until her death.2
"Surgery was ruled out, leaving chemotherapy and radiation as the only means of prolonging her life."
She recognized that her fetus had likely been deprived of oxygen due to her weakened condition, and she consid-ered the added disadvantages of an extremely premature birth at 26 weeks, deciding the risks to her own health and comfort were not worth the small chance of producing a viable child.3 Carder's doctors supported her choice. They felt the surgery would likely be fatal for Carder and at 26 weeks would provide little chance of survival for her fetus.4
"She was also informed of the added risks to the fetus from chemotherapy and radiation, but Angela still decided to institute aggressive treatment of her cancer. This course was so clearly understood that her attending obstetricians did not consider, much less attempt, intervention for the fetus later that night when Angela's condition rapidly deteriorated, depriving Angela and the fetus of substantial amounts of vital oxygen for many hours."

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320004 Dec 31, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't you get it? By shoveling her snow, you prevent her from having to do it, avoiding that fatal heart attack, and rising up to glory! Your callous actions have trapped her on this earth just that much longer! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?
I have to go shower now....
<quoted text>
Shit...there goes my good karma.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#320005 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL In that case I couldn't post to anyone.
I shouldn't think so.
You post to me don't you...?

In any case, my very best to everyone on here for a Happy, Healthy New Year!

May the best of our pasts be the worst of our futures.

Best all!

John-K.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320006 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That guy babbles about middle school biology so much that I'm starting to suspect he's actually still in middle school.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320007 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Happy New Year too you too!

And everyone else...stay safe.
Gtown71

United States

#320008 Dec 31, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year too you too!
And everyone else...stay safe.
Try and put your bible down a sec tonight and let your hair down ok???

Lol. Happy New Years Lady!!@@
" ,

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#320009 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Happy New Year to you, too.

For the past 20 years, our New Year's has been at home, with a birthday party for my youngest daughter with family, and several of her friends. Very safe :)

Here's hoping everyone else stays safe tonight.
Gtown71

United States

#320010 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year to you, too.
For the past 20 years, our New Year's has been at home, with a birthday party for my youngest daughter with family, and several of her friends. Very safe :)
Here's hoping everyone else stays safe tonight.
Sounds like fun !!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320011 Jan 1, 2014
I've always considered the gender of the earlier Godzilas to be female, with the masculine pronoun being a mistranslation. It makes no sense otherwise; it requires there be a second Godzillette to lay the egg but who is never seen or spoken of. Nor am I a fan of the american version, either.

The sequel to the new one takes place on "Celebrity Rehab."
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, only if you're referencing the 1998 Roland Emmerich, Dean Devlin film that starred Matthew Broderick, Hank Azaria, and Jean Reno. Most self-respecting "G" fans--including yours truly--don't consider that, erm, "movie," to be related to the Tokyo-stomping character in any way whatsoever.
Even with the earlier films such as "Son of Godzilla," it's noted by the characters in both the original Japanese dialogue, and the AIP and Toho-International dubs that Godzilla's acting as a "father" figure.
Personally, I'm actually looking forward to this latest installment.
From what I've gathered, Walter White from "Breaking Bad," decided to use Godzilla as his latest "enforcer" to solidify the "Blue-Sky" methamphetamine empire he'd created. Unfortunately, as happens all-too-often in such enterprises, Godzilla got his nose down into the meth-pipe and is now smashing his way through the northwest coast looking for Walt(who's clearly on the lam,) to provide him with more...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QjKO10hKtYwXX
Happy New Year "Pete!"
JK.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320012 Jan 1, 2014
The problem for you is that the rest of us took biology classes in high school and college, and you're stuck with what you mis-remember from 8th grade.
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. You need to go back and take 8th grade biology. All living organisms including fetuses can be classified by a genus and a species. So fetuses are homo sapiens. You are being willfully ignorant. I have explained this to you very simply. You refuse to accept facts because you know it makes your position look weak. I am done arguing with you. You have shown me that you either need to go back to grade school, are lying to make yourself look better, or are being willfully ignorant. I already know that I am wasting my time arguing with you but at least I now know that you are simply uninformed, willfully or not, of the facts. Your refusal to accept easy to understand concepts proves that discussing things with you is pointless.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#320013 Jan 1, 2014
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Yeah pro-abortion rights doesn't exist in the dictionary because it isn't a single word. Well that may be the definition of "pro-abortion." But when you tell a "pro-abortion rights" person that they are "pro-abortion" they deny it over and over again. Because it makes them sound like they like abortions. I'm not interested in arguing over terminology that pro-abortion rights people might disagree with that isn't objective. Words can be subjective. For instance not every dictionary defines words the same way.
Um, no, I disagree. Being "pro-abortion" means one is for the legalization of abortion. That's it. Safe, legal, and monitored within reason. What is denied is the false label of "pro-abort". That word doesn't exist and is propaganda from the PLM and RR.

So I take it you've thought about it and have decided the PLM and RR need your support in stealing women's civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy right out from under women's feet?

As I said earlier, your term "pro-abortion rights" is redundant. Except for you and the link posted by Vote Vets yesterday, I've never seen the phrase used before or since.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320014 Jan 1, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and put your bible down a sec tonight and let your hair down ok???
Lol. Happy New Years Lady!!@@
" ,
LMAO! Okay...I'll try.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320015 Jan 1, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, I disagree. Being "pro-abortion" means one is for the legalization of abortion. That's it. Safe, legal, and monitored within reason. What is denied is the false label of "pro-abort". That word doesn't exist and is propaganda from the PLM and RR.
So I take it you've thought about it and have decided the PLM and RR need your support in stealing women's civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy right out from under women's feet?
As I said earlier, your term "pro-abortion rights" is redundant. Except for you and the link posted by Vote Vets yesterday, I've never seen the phrase used before or since.
I'm certain Mike will empathize and commiserate with your sentiments, Katie....after all...he's never seen a homeless child, or heard of ... something...whatever... which might lead to a woman seeking an abortion .

God forbid she should have this medical procedure performed by a licensed physician, without his approval.

The unbounded willingness of the SCPL to discount anything which MIGHT get in the way of someone making the medical choices they approve of, is astonishing, to say the least.

(These are the folks touting 'GOD' as a motive for gestation....and a basis for gestation to be obligatory once pregnant.)

S M H

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Julia 1,781,571
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 36,100
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity 21 hr Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4